I don't know how many guys have been paying attention to the WMMA 3 dev journal, but today's announced new feature has huge implications for the next TEW game.

Here's the post.

This will throw a whole new curve into the "Jump to Cult" issue that is so frequently discussed here.

I just wanted to point it out to anybody who may not have seen it on the other board.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kingtutt" data-cite="kingtutt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29476" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know how many guys have been paying attention to the WMMA 3 dev journal, but today's announced new feature has huge implications for the next TEW game.<p> </p><p> <a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1234535&postcount=48" rel="external nofollow">Here's the post.</a></p><p> </p><p> This will throw a whole new curve into the "Jump to Cult" issue that is so frequently discussed here.</p><p> </p><p> I just wanted to point it out to anybody who may not have seen it on the other board.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Amazing on paper, but we need to know more about it to make judgement. E.g What will stop people staying at regional until they are close to national.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29476" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Amazing on paper, but we need to know more about it to make judgement. E.g What will stop people staying at regional until they are close to national.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From how I read it it should freeze their popularity at that point, so this shouldn't be an issue.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29476" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Amazing on paper, but we need to know more about it to make judgement. E.g What will stop people staying at regional until they are close to national.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Biggest thing that would stop you is the inability to sign the people necessary to get you to National if you are still regional. You can't sign those high C and low B popularity stars that you WILL need to keep your shows getting the kind of popularity to build to a national level, and the stars you do build will leave you once their contract is done. Also, Cult has certain benefits that regional doesn't have. Yes there are greater costs, but there are also the option to get PPV to offset those costs, ability to get on bigger networks than regional, and get more revenue and bigger audience. And finally the ability to offer a few select written contracts in order to secure your top stars for when you do want to try and move to National.</p><p> </p><p> Also, Regional level is a lot more prone to having to do battles with competing companies, whereas Cult rarely has three promotions in the same area at the same range. This means that at regional a bad run for you in shows or a good run by a competitor could have a negative impact on you, whereas at Cult, the situation is unlikely to occur.</p>

Archived