Supreme Wrestling Federation: Dark Days

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm... It was interesting, but so far I'm not hooked. The current storylines aren't really something I'm sinking my teeth into.

Its only been two shows and things are just starting to unfold. Hopefully as the stories actually play out a bit, it'll give you something a bit more meaty. Then again, I do realize this isn't going to appeal to everyone.

Just caught up with the first two shows and really did enjoy the first one, can't wait to see where it leads.

Glad to have you on board.

just read this in it's current entirety and I have to say very good work and long may it continue you have a new reader.

Great to hear. BTW, keep up the great work with your WWF Attitude diary.

Its only been two shows and things are just starting to unfold. Hopefully as the stories actually play out a bit, it'll give you something a bit more meaty. Then again, I do realize this isn't going to appeal to everyone.
Hopefully it'll appeal to me. But Eisen's faction so far doesn't really seem uniform, and as noted in that editorial piece, the whole unprotected head-shots thing is/was off-putting to imagine.

Hopefully it'll appeal to me. But Eisen's faction so far doesn't really seem uniform, and as noted in that editorial piece, the whole unprotected head-shots thing is/was off-putting to imagine.

Oh come on... this isn't real. It's Kayfabe! No one is really getting hurt from those chair shots. It's imaginary people getting hit by imaginary unprotected chair shots. If that happened in real life, yeah, that's stupid, but in a diary? He's just demonstrating a flaw.

As for Eisen's faction, he's just getting started. Heck, his first SWF, while one of the best diaries ever, has even less central direction than this one when it started. He builds thigns up slowly. And it didn't hurt the diary at all, because it was good.

For me BigPapa42 is developing something with alot of depth here,with different viewpoints throughout the story he is telling. Basically the way I see it , is that the basic 'feel' of the diary here is that SWF is trying to go in a new direction as their audience grows up with them but in doing so they risk alienating some fans along the way, whilst possibly having the chance to gain some new ones.

The unprotected chair shots were supposed to be shocking and the article on Page 9 showed that there was people out there who be enraged, disgusted with an angle they thought went Too Far.

I don't think at this point in the storyline Eisen's faction is supposed to be particularly uniform, maybe some of these fellow heels are getting on Eisen's side now whilst he is in a dominant position only to screw him later down the line....that's one of several possibilities.

Oh come on... this isn't real. It's Kayfabe! No one is really getting hurt from those chair shots. It's imaginary people getting hit by imaginary unprotected chair shots. If that happened in real life, yeah, that's stupid, but in a diary? He's just demonstrating a flaw.
I know. And it was a good flaw, considering it actually disgusted me IRL. :p A lot of real-life stuff doesn't do that.

As for Eisen's faction, he's just getting started. Heck, his first SWF, while one of the best diaries ever, has even less central direction than this one when it started. He builds thigns up slowly. And it didn't hurt the diary at all, because it was good.
Have I ever said the end-result wouldn't be awesome? Pretty sure I didn't. I'm just not that into things are going so far. But who knows...

Snip of thoroughness

And once again, the masters of booking school a neophyte. :p

Just visiting family and found a few minutes to check the site. Love to see some discussion going on.

As for the chairshots, I went with that entirely because they are not something I am comfortable seeing in wrestling anymore. When TNA did them a few months ago, it was a real turn off as a fan. Given what we know about the damage an unprotected chair shot can cause and the long-term effects they have on the wrestlers, its pretty irresponsible of the promotion. They were chosen very intentionally, and it was also the same reason that there was an article condemning it. As I recently stated, a real challenge that I will face as a writer on this project will be pushing boundaries that, as a fan, I am not really that comfortable seeing pushed.

That attack by Eisen and his pals was way past what SWF fans at the time would be used to (at least in my vision). Its why the New York City fans were shocked to silence by the end of it. They just aren't used to seeing such blatant brutality. Excess was used here to mark a point of transition. So that down the road, people would be able to look back and mark it as the moment where things changed.

And TK has things right - the Eric Eisen faction might not be quite what people expect it to be - that was why nothing really happened with the show following. And the storylines in this one will not be, for the most part, linear and stand-alone. Expect quite a bit of crossover. The effect is that things may at times feel muddled rather than clear and concise. I hope that won't make things difficult to follow, but its a probably-unavoidable by-product of the approach I am taking here.

I want to say more, but don't want to give too much away. Plus, the family beckons. Happy holidays, all.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you avoid ending up with an nWo-style group where too many people are members for the sake of members. I think that factions where the leader can't have conversations with every member on a show without it feeling like overkill are doomed to failure - or, at least, serious pruning. We don't necessarily have a fixed number on the Eisen Assault Squad yet, but it could be Eisen, James, Khoklov, Remo, Roberts, Squeeky and Angry... and Vengeance? DuBois?

So, interesting times no question.

I look forward to seeing where this is going next, and I actually hope that we're going to see some 'bad' booking decisions. I'm more interested in seeing a diary written to capture the feel of a promotion than one played to 'win' the game by milking the best grades in the most efficient way. Obviously I want to see the game continue and the SWF rise, but that's a secondary concern for me. Grades aren't important, capturing a story is.

Just visiting family and found a few minutes to check the site. Love to see some discussion going on.

As for the chairshots, I went with that entirely because they are not something I am comfortable seeing in wrestling anymore. When TNA did them a few months ago, it was a real turn off as a fan. Given what we know about the damage an unprotected chair shot can cause and the long-term effects they have on the wrestlers, its pretty irresponsible of the promotion. They were chosen very intentionally, and it was also the same reason that there was an article condemning it. As I recently stated, a real challenge that I will face as a writer on this project will be pushing boundaries that, as a fan, I am not really that comfortable seeing pushed.

That attack by Eisen and his pals was way past what SWF fans at the time would be used to (at least in my vision). Its why the New York City fans were shocked to silence by the end of it. They just aren't used to seeing such blatant brutality. Excess was used here to mark a point of transition. So that down the road, people would be able to look back and mark it as the moment where things changed.

And TK has things right - the Eric Eisen faction might not be quite what people expect it to be - that was why nothing really happened with the show following. And the storylines in this one will not be, for the most part, linear and stand-alone. Expect quite a bit of crossover. The effect is that things may at times feel muddled rather than clear and concise. I hope that won't make things difficult to follow, but its a probably-unavoidable by-product of the approach I am taking here.

I want to say more, but don't want to give too much away. Plus, the family beckons. Happy holidays, all.

That is imho the mark of the great booker/wrestling writer. Being able to weave the storylines together without getting too muddled or convoluted. I am quite sure you will be up to the task and will enjoy you doing so.

Back home now. I had hoped to get some writing done on while visiting family, but that's always a hollow hope. Somewhere over 8 hours of solo driving makes for plenty of planning and brainstorming time, though. I do have the show booked and the formatting done for the World is Watching pay per view, so its just a matter of doing the writing. No idea how long that will take - I'm not going to try to push myself to TigerKinney level match write-ups, because that's just not going to happen. But I do want to make the PPV feel special. Preview should be up tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you avoid ending up with an nWo-style group where too many people are members for the sake of members. I think that factions where the leader can't have conversations with every member on a show without it feeling like overkill are doomed to failure - or, at least, serious pruning. We don't necessarily have a fixed number on the Eisen Assault Squad yet, but it could be Eisen, James, Khoklov, Remo, Roberts, Squeeky and Angry... and Vengeance? DuBois?

So, interesting times no question.

Not to mention Paul Huntingdon, Everest, Runaway Train, Big Smack Scott, Kurt Laramee.... :-)

I want to explain a whole bunch... but I will just say that I am very cognizant of the issues that have plagued large, dominant heel stables and made them far less appealing to fans. The hope is for this group, such as it is, to avoid those issues. Just how I will attempt that... well, that will just have to wait to play out.

I look forward to seeing where this is going next, and I actually hope that we're going to see some 'bad' booking decisions. I'm more interested in seeing a diary written to capture the feel of a promotion than one played to 'win' the game by milking the best grades in the most efficient way. Obviously I want to see the game continue and the SWF rise, but that's a secondary concern for me. Grades aren't important, capturing a story is.

There will definitely be some questionable decisions, but usually with reasons behind them. I've toyed with the idea of making actual "bad" decisions - ones that can't be logically justified in some manner or payoff eventually, but are simply stupid. Like putting a career jobber over a main event star for no reason, with no build, and no payoff... that kinda stupid. Much like taking a really really untalented worker and turning them into a mega-star, its kinda tempting but I just don't know if I could do it.

That said, I'm trying to put the focus here entirely on the stories. Which is why I went away from giving any actual grades - show, angles, or matches. I just don't think they matter in this project. It takes away the concern of trying to tailor the writing to the result in any way, and I like that.

Hope you keep reading!

That is imho the mark of the great booker/wrestling writer. Being able to weave the storylines together without getting too muddled or convoluted. I am quite sure you will be up to the task and will enjoy you doing so.

Thanks HH. Its always a goal, but as I'm sure you and other writers on here realize, its not always easy. It can seem like things should be clear and easily understood, but things don't always come across as intended. Thanks for the continued support!

Personally, Bigpapa42, the reason why large heel groups are disliked is because they often don't make sense. Is there any reason for this group of people to be together? Heels often seem to selfish and mercenary to group together.

My personal preference is to have several smaller group of heels, each group with, at the very most, a tense alliance, at the very worst, a barely-working cease fire, and each of leaders that "congregate" to discuss matters that affect all groups. That makes more sense to me.

Personally, Bigpapa42, the reason why large heel groups are disliked is because they often don't make sense. Is there any reason for this group of people to be together? Heels often seem to selfish and mercenary to group together.

My personal preference is to have several smaller group of heels, each group with, at the very most, a tense alliance, at the very worst, a barely-working cease fire, and each of leaders that "congregate" to discuss matters that affect all groups. That makes more sense to me.

I agree, amp. For me, its two reasons that big heel groups often don't work.

The first is as you mention - its the logic of the group itself. What brings them together? What keeps them together? Too often, its some vague "quest for power" which leads to some kind of backstage battle for power, which typically doesn't really make logical or kayfabe sense. When you put together a group of alpha heels - that is, guys who should be in the world title scene - it needs to make sense why they are putting their energy into this group instead of pursing the title. Complicating things is the possible past history of these workers which may have to be explained. Heels groups do tend to work better when they are smaller - The Horsemen, Legacy, etc.

The second is making the opposition to them not only logical but interesting. Especially if they are a dominant heels stable, its easy to make them too dominant and basically not give the good guys enough to keep fans interested - aka the NWO corollary. There is also the issue of finding the balance between the bad guys being a threat and uniting the rest of the roster - if they are such a huge threat, why wouldn't everyone band together, as even a large stable would still be outnumbered by the rest.

All these things were considered and taken into account. I cannot say I absolutely will not make any such mistakes, but I am aware of the issues, and hope to avoid them. The intent of this stale is... different. That's all I can say at this point without giving too much away. But I will say that Eric Eisen's base motivations as the leader of this group aren't hard to figure out. Not at all.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/Media/SWF%20com/SWFWeb.jpg

SWF.com The World is Watching 2010 Preview

Wednesday Week 2 April 2010

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/PPV/Banner/Small/WorldisWatchingBanSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/PPV/Banner/Small/WorldisWatchingBanSmall.jpg

The World is Watching 2010 is certain to feature some top-quality, can't-miss wrestling action - the likes of which only the Supreme Wrestling Federation can offer fans.

The night will kick off with a bang as six competitors will vie to be crowned the first SWF Chaos Championship. That belt will be suspended way above the ring and claiming it will mean climbing a ladder to remove it from the hook that holds it. Jungle Lord will be the biggest participant in the match, at 288 pounds, proving that the Chaos Division is indeed not a cruiserweight division. Gregory Black has relabeled himself "Serious" and will look to make an impact. So will "The Prodigy" Marc DuBois. Akima Brave and Bart Biggz could launch their solo careers with a win here. The sixth man has yet to be announced.

Added to the card just yesterday, Steve Frehley will face Squeeky McClean in a no disqualification match. Apparently "The Destroy" was so unimpressed by McClean's attempted use of a chair in their match on Supreme TV that he specially requested this one.

Team Tenacity clearly face their biggest battle since they won the SWF World Tag Team championships. Valiant and Giedroyc boast greater experience as a team than their opponents... but tag teams do not come much bigger or more powerful than the combination of Remo and Vengeance. It will take a great game-plan from the champions to take down the towering tandem. It is interesting that Remo earned himself a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight championship with last month's King of the Squared Circle victory, yet we see him getting a shot at the tag team belts instead, with Jerry Eisen stating that Remo has chosen not to use his chance at the world title at this time.

Life in the Supreme Empire hasn't been so easy for Sean McFly. The expectations for the return of "The American Tiger" were high, but he has found it tough going thus far. Things will not get easier as he faces the "Straight Edge Warrior", Angry Gilmore. The Canadian is... well... angry over the star treatment McFly has been given thus far and requested the match. The two gave the fans a tease in a tag match earlier this week, and this match should be a great one.

Brandon James has been dominant as SWF North American champion, thanks in part to his heavy-handed manager Emma Chase. Lobster Warrior held that belt through the summer and fall of 2009, and he is looking to take it back. "Big Money" faces a tough challenge here.

So what exactly is a Soviet Street Fight? Apparently the rules are... that there are no rules. Its a no disqualification, falls count anywhere match that is certain to be a war. Christian Faith is determined to topple the giant Marat Khoklov, believing that the "Soviet Science Experiment" needs to be taught to show the respect required in the Supreme Empire.

"The Long Island Angel" cannot bear the pain of how he lost the SWF World Heavyweight championship. The single most coveted piece of property in the world of professional wrestling sits around the waist of "The Supremacist" Eric Eisen, who has already shown he will do whatever is necessary to keep it. Throw Rich Money into the mix and things get really interesting. Money's role in this match will be only to be the guest referee... but after the vicious chair assault by Eisen last week, not one is sure what condition he will be in and whether he will be capable of being equitable in calling the match. This one has the potential for major fireworks, and maybe even a new SWF World Heavyweight champion.

Don't miss out! Contact your local cable provider today!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/PPV/Banner/Small/WorldisWatchingBanSmall.jpghttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/TEW%202010/PPV/Banner/Small/WorldisWatchingBanSmall.jpg

SWF The World is Watching 2010 Preview

Marc DuBois vs Gregory Black vs Akima Brave vs Bart Biggz vs Jungle Jack vs ???

Chaos Division Ladder Match for SWF Chaos Championship

Steve Frehley vs Squeeky McClean

No Disqualification Match

Remo & Vengeance vs Team Tenacity

SWF World Tag Team Championship Match

Angry Gilmore vs Sean McFly

Lobster Warrior vs Brandon James

SWF North American Championship Match

Marat Khoklov vs Christian Faith

Soviet Street Fight

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

Special Guest Referee Rich Money

SWF World Heavyweight Championship Match

Start off the division with a big debut bang. My guess: Acid

Frehley's higher, atleast at the start

Somehow w/o winning the gold

Got a feeling Sean's here to get people over

Easy retain I reckon

Soviet Street Fight

Not yet Christian

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

Not yet Jacky boy

Never bet against ????? maybe Acid?

Dark destroyer destroys! Plain and simple.

Way to big, over and powerful to lose, might due to miscommunication which leads to Remo vs Vengeance but I see that happening later. Maybe non title change win though.

Faces need at least on real win

Valiant but futile lobby

Soviet Street Fight

With interference or something

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

DQ though or something smozzy maybe a draw.

Just 7 matches? Or are you doing the modern E thing and throw some/one in on the ppv itself?

Soviet Street Fight

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

Just 7 matches? Or are you doing the modern E thing and throw some/one in on the ppv itself?

Nope, the only surprise is the sixth entrant in the Chaos Championship ladder match. And that may or may not actually be that much of a surprise.

7 matches might seem like a short pay per view card... but when I looked at the history of both WWE and WCW pay per view events, 7-8 is pretty much the standard for 3 hour events with decent match lengths. Yeah, there were PPVs where they jammed 10-14 matches on a single 3 hour show... but that means you either have multiple sub-10 minute matches and/or a 15-minute main event. I'm not trying to turn the SWF into TCW, but I do think a pay per view should give fans matches that they are not going to get on TV for the most part. So PPV matches that are TV lengths are likely to be rare.

SWF The World is Watching 2010 Preview

Mystery man is always good choice but I go with DuBois this time

Frehley is more important

Too big and likely too over to lose but the question is will they get the titles too?

It sounds like McFly could use the win more

Sorry Lobby but I see James retaining for now.

Soviet Street Fight

Khoklov will almost always be the favorite to win simply because his size but no rules match is a good place for him to lose as face guy can actually use weapons to beat Khoklov which would leave him looking stronger than if he loses cleanly in standard match.

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

Not yet time for a title change

Brave and Biggz are there to make up the numbers and take a few bumps, Jungle Jack is a possibility but I think he's just there to be the 'it's not a cruiser division guy', so it comes down to DuBois, Black and the mystery guy. The mystery guy could be a real contender or just some indy guy getitng his shot in the big leagues. I know that DuBois or Black would be the safer bets but I'm backing Triple Question Mark.

Faces need to win some of the matches here, so Frehley gets the clean win to stay strong.

I just seem Remo & Vengeance being too dominant to lose to Team Tenacity, cleanly the only way TT hold onto the belts is winning by DQ but I'm going to go for the monster heel tandem to actually win the belts here.

Time Limit draw, they match each other hold for hold but frustratingly for either man neither one is able to gain the victory.

Big Money keeps hold of the North American belt.

Faith will give it his best, but I see a scenario where the Russian Monster ends up winning via knockout.

Jack Bruce vs Eric Eisen

I hate Eric Eisen, I hate Eisen with a passion and want to see him beaten to a pulp, which as scumbag heel he should be making me feel :D. Sadly for Jack Bruce and the SWF fanbase there will be no feelgood moment here as Eisen retains the title.

Archived