Cabbage Pants Kid (Who should play him?)

I am starting another game with USPW, in my last one I forgot to put my skill up for negotiating and then went on a long successful SWF game which I still play but I have a few new ideas and want to get back in to my first and favorite C-Verse promotion.

I have this idea of a Vegetarian Character who beats up guys because they eat meat (probably mostly fat guys), he will start obviously low on the card and I want to build him up and eventually be the reason why Bruce The Giant (The Fattest of them all) comes back to being a face. His pants will be the color of celery with cabbage on them , hence the name! Creative right? After the match he will shove vegetables into the mouth of his fallen opponent.

Anyway who do you think would make a good character of the man with the catchphrase: "Meat, I don't eat it, I beat it" and why?

I am starting another game with USPW, in my last one I forgot to put my skill up for negotiating and then went on a long successful SWF game which I still play but I have a few new ideas and want to get back in to my first and favorite C-Verse promotion.

I have this idea of a Vegetarian Character who beats up guys because they eat meat (probably mostly fat guys), he will start obviously low on the card and I want to build him up and eventually be the reason why Bruce The Giant (The Fattest of them all) comes back to being a face. His pants will be the color of celery with cabbage on them , hence the name! Creative right? After the match he will shove vegetables into the mouth of his fallen opponent.

Anyway who do you think would make a good character of the man with the catchphrase: "Meat, I don't eat it, I beat it" and why?

Ant-Man, he is really strong (meaning he can lift big guys) and is a decent wrestler and is awesome guy to book.

I can totally see Celery pants green and then white at the very bottom sounds great!:D

Actually, I think I'd make that line "Meat. I don't eat it. I defeat it." I'm guessing you're trying to slip the double entrendre into USPW but the emphasis on the second verb works better if it has more than one syllable.

Everyone signs Ant-Man these days... I suggest using Dermot O'Logical for the role as he's already a bit mad to start with. Seems like a logical extension of his gimmick and will get an under-utilised guy some much needed exposure, especially since you can really capitalise on his acting skills. :)

I am going to leave this open for a little longer before I start the game, I have a few other characters that I am trying to develop for members who are already on the roster but I think I might go with Dermot. I mean he can even come down to the ring with his cucumbered eyes and place those on the loser after the match.

I actually like Vince Russo and yes I do book like this, sorry its not up to your standards.

I actually like Vince Russo and yes I do book like this, sorry its not up to your standards.

Book things however you want - its a game and the point is to enjoy it. Fun and creativity are not a bad thing at all... but you honestly shouldn't be surprised when people seem amused by ideas that, in the real world, would amount to wrestle-crap. And that's honestly not meant as an insult... but imagining that gimmick in the real world, I don't know how else you would categorize that.

I think the Cabbag Pants kid, is funny.

But why do you like him? lololololol

I think he was pretty sweet as an authority figure in WCW and also I unlike most people, enjoyed the end of WCW. Everyone says it was wrestlecrap and I guess if everyone says it then obvious it is true but I thought it was quite entertaining. I always watched Nitro, only flipping to RAW during commercials along that time period. Also enjoyed Sports Entertainment Xtreme and that part of TNA, again I know not the most popular.

And I'd like to apologize to the other guy. Maestro wasn't that great but the Artist was awesome!!

I think he was pretty sweet as an authority figure in WCW and also I unlike most people, enjoyed the end of WCW. Everyone says it was wrestlecrap and I guess if everyone says it then obvious it is true but I thought it was quite entertaining. I always watched Nitro, only flipping to RAW during commercials along that time period. Also enjoyed Sports Entertainment Xtreme and that part of TNA, again I know not the most popular.

And I'd like to apologize to the other guy. Maestro wasn't that great but the Artist was awesome!!

I dunno about the bolded... I don't care how many times or by how many people I hear that Triple H is the greatest ever... I ain't buying it.

That said, I do think late WCW was pretty wrestle-crap. But wrestle-crap can definitely be entertaining. The term has a negative connotation, and I don't thinks necessarily negative. Some of the worst stuff done in wrestling history falls under that banner, but so does a lot of stuff that was dumb or goofy but still entertaining.

In a way, I think wrestle-crap is almost unavoidable in a Sports Entertainment approach that uses a lot of humor. To me, wrestle-crap is often just humor (or situations even not intended to be humorous) that cross the line into the absurd.

A stupid example that I'll never forget and thought was absolute genius (although most people will probably disagree)

In TNA, I can't remember if AJ or Jarrett was the champion but Russo was managing a heel AJ and they sat in the crowd for the whole show in a freddy and Jason masked and attacked Jeff! I thought that was creative.

I don't like Ant Man. Hired him once, cried.

THE MINOR ANNOYANCE!

Do it.

That or Ron Greenhorn. DO IT.

Anyone who shouts out these names obviously doesnt know that the two worst wrestlers are Dusty Bin and Trauma.

TMA isnt hard to be useful in SE products, and greenhorn makes a great squash opponent.

How is TMA useful...at all? What skills does he have above...I dunno...40?

All his Entertainment skills. The most important category in an SE setting. Well other than Announcing and you'd be far more likely to make him a color guy anyway. Along with Consistency and Resilience. The other stuff can all be taught. In my current training fed game, I'm three years into working on him and the only category's that's still as dreadful as when I started is Camera skills. Keep in mind that he starts at age 21. So having all that room for growth isn't unreasonable.

If you're looking for someone to become Tommy Cornell, TMA is not and will never be your man. But he's certainly useful in a SE setting where wrestling ability is secondary. Not to mention that he's a really good infllunece backstage. Truth be told, I'm really starting to become a fan of the little bugger. I'd certainly make him Cabbage Pants Kid in a heartbeat. It would make the joke all the goofier as much as they like the colossus type in USPW.

Book things however you want - its a game and the point is to enjoy it. Fun and creativity are not a bad thing at all... but you honestly shouldn't be surprised when people seem amused by ideas that, in the real world, would amount to wrestle-crap. And that's honestly not meant as an insult... but imagining that gimmick in the real world, I don't know how else you would categorize that.

Just remember the ultimate example of wrestlecrap:

"Vince, I have this idea. Let's have a wrestler who's dead or undead as it may be. And when he gets hit with big moves he'll sit up like a zombie. And to top it all off lets have him managed by a mortician"

I am going to leave this open for a little longer before I start the game, I have a few other characters that I am trying to develop for members who are already on the roster but I think I might go with Dermot. I mean he can even come down to the ring with his cucumbered eyes and place those on the loser after the match.QUOTE]

>_>

btw, it's "Cabbage".

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="PoisonedSuperman" data-cite="PoisonedSuperman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29615" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think he was pretty sweet as an authority figure in WCW and also I unlike most people, enjoyed the end of WCW. Everyone says it was wrestlecrap and I guess if everyone says it then obvious it is true but I thought it was quite entertaining. I always watched Nitro, only flipping to RAW during commercials along that time period. Also enjoyed Sports Entertainment Xtreme and that part of TNA, again I know not the most popular. <p> </p><p> And I'd like to apologize to the other guy. Maestro wasn't that great but the Artist was awesome!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your not alone...I too loved the end era of WCW. Wrestlecrap or not it was AWESOME!</p>

Archived