The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it that it's not really feasible to have seven full weight classes and running seven shows a card when you start with 0 popularity, is it?

That's what I did back in WMMA2, but now, yeah, it goes a little slower. Do you have to basically start with the crud of the talent and minimal shows not to bankrupt yourself? Or am I missing a key gaming point that would allow me to do what I did then?

I think I know the answer but I shall ask it anyway. If you have the fog of war turned off (meaning you see the real stats for each fighter) does that null and void the eye for talent user stat?

Because if you have it off you are getting the correct stats anyway. The reason why I as is because I have the fog of war turned off and I lucky dipped my user character and they ended up with a nine in the other user stats and a three in the eye for talent.

This is more of a in-game question. This always happens in all of my games. Has John Rivero ever made weight? He always seems to be overweight.

I cannot recall every having him make LHW for me. I usually just switch him to HW and be done with it. He's less of a force there, but so be it.

He's had 4 fights in my game so far and failed to make 205 every time, ranging between 208 and 215 at the weigh ins so far. He's won each of the fights too, leading to him being the #8 ranked Heavyweight in the world just now and his bio shows him as heavyweight... but he's still in the GAMMA Light Heavyweight division. Seems the AI should move him to Heavyweight automatically once he's missed weight a couple of times, as I'm sure him missing weight is going to make something bad happen somewhere down the line.

Similar question to the John Rivero question...has Osmosis Benn ever consistantly made weight for someone. In something like 8 Middleweight fights he only made weight once in my game.

He always seemed to make weight. I want to say though he missed it once. I could be wrong though.

Also has Patrick Thomas missed weight?

Having an issue, I tried to search but no luck. What affects the amount of money I can offer a fighter? I'm playing Dawn of MMA but Royce Gracie won't re-sign because the board block me being able to offer more than $5,000 as a base pay.

I've tried tweaking our popularity and bank balance but to no effect? I'm trying to replay history before changing things my own way after the Zuffa takeover... but this is kinda screwing things up lol. Thanks

Having an issue, I tried to search but no luck. What affects the amount of money I can offer a fighter? I'm playing Dawn of MMA but Royce Gracie won't re-sign because the board block me being able to offer more than $5,000 as a base pay.

I've tried tweaking our popularity and bank balance but to no effect? I'm trying to replay history before changing things my own way after the Zuffa takeover... but this is kinda screwing things up lol. Thanks

Did you download the new patch. It fixes that problems.

How to move fighter to other weight class? I have fighter which prefers to fight in light heavyweight but he can fight in heavyweight too. However when I'm adding match he is only in LHW. How to move him to HW?

First time WMMA player here - got hooked on the demo. I'm playing as the BCF (still getting to grips with running a company in this game) and I'm wondering how often I should run shows - since I can only run in London so far.

I noticed with monthly shows that the attendance was dropping each show. Possibly the economy, but I was concerned it might be over-exposure, so I took a month off - and came back to equally low audiences.

Should I just carry on running a show a month and hope to rise above regional soon, or do I take a longer break and when I come back just run every 2/3 months?

First time WMMA player here - got hooked on the demo. I'm playing as the BCF (still getting to grips with running a company in this game) and I'm wondering how often I should run shows - since I can only run in London so far.

I noticed with monthly shows that the attendance was dropping each show. Possibly the economy, but I was concerned it might be over-exposure, so I took a month off - and came back to equally low audiences.

Should I just carry on running a show a month and hope to rise above regional soon, or do I take a longer break and when I come back just run every 2/3 months?

based on my experience, the amount of time between shows does not matter. you should run shows when you have suitable names to be able to headline shows.

you should pursue a tv or ppv deal as quickly as possible. that is the easiest way to make money and rise in popularity.

No such thing as over exposure, run shows whenever possible.

Just to back up my point, I have been running 3 shows in 3 days for the past few months. Here are the attendance and viewing figures for each show:

Show - SIGMA : Prospects - Minor TV show

Date - Friday Week 4 March

Attendance - 10'667

Viewing Figures - 4'363'416 (For a Minor show, F' yeah)

Show - SIGMA : This Is The Show - Medium TV show

Date - Saturday Week 4 March

Attendance - 10'040

Viewing Figures - 4'113'084 (Yep, my minor show was watched by more people :()

Show - SIGMA : Sorkin vs Asanovic - PPV

Date - Sunday Week 4 March

Attendance - 28'484

PPV Buys - 1'281'095 (Biggest selling PPV to date. Although my shows keep one upping each other, so the next will probably sell more.)

Run shows whenever possible.

yea, i have run three shows in a row and there wasnt a real dip in attendance or anything.

your minor show did better than your medium show too? i got rid of my medium show because my minor show beat it every time. that never made sense to me.

Mine are always about even so I might as well keep both for as long as I can, or I might try switching my medium to minor so I have two minors.

Archived