The Minor Questions Thread

Just picked this game up and while waiting to be approved for posting was able to read through all 61 pages of this thread, answering a lot of my questions on the way. That said, I still have a few questions so I'll ask the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

1) When running a tournament, do the later matches take into account the fighters' fatigue/damage from the earlier matches? Or does it reset and act like the fighters hadn't just fought?

2) Is there a way from the matchmaking screen to easily filter your fighters that are nearing the end of their contract? Or maybe at least a way to filter the ones that haven't had a fight in a while?

3) When creating a fighter, let's say I want a future champion that comes into the game that is only above average. Using the template, which level should I pick? For example, let's say I choose level 6 and have the fighter come in when he turns 18 so he's not a contender straight away, but set his potential high, will he eventually become a great fighter if handled right or would his starting skills be too low to make an impact?

Also on that thought, how quickly do fighters tend to develop and is there a way to see their stat progression rather than just keeping track yourself?

It's all about how you treat the potential champion. If you hand pick his opponents and give a lot of easy fights catering to his skills, he'll most likely go undefeated and he'll have more of a chance to join a good camp. It also depends on when his prime comes, etc...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now i've played this game for a while now and i'm pretty sure the answer to my question is no, but i'll ask it anyway

is there any way to change the name(s) of the tv show(s) i have without letting the contract run out and trying for new ones? every now and then i like to rebrand my shows without really changing anything... i know i can just rename the show after it's been announced, but i often forget to do that which annoys me if i realise after the show has taken place

Now i've played this game for a while now and i'm pretty sure the answer to my question is no, but i'll ask it anyway

is there any way to change the name(s) of the tv show(s) i have without letting the contract run out and trying for new ones? every now and then i like to rebrand my shows without really changing anything... i know i can just rename the show after it's been announced, but i often forget to do that which annoys me if i realise after the show has taken place

I'm almost certain that you're right, and it can't be done.

Is there any way of reducing the amount of time that fighters need to recover between fights? I'd love to try and run a league format but not sure if it's possible.

You would have to do it for each fighter individually with the in-game editor, or use the "mod maker +" feature in the main editor before you start a game. You just have to lower the 'Recuperation' stat in the Mental category.

I've seen a diary or dynasty thread referenced - where can I find this - I just started playing the game recently and am looking to see what other people are doing and how they structure their dynasties =)

Thanks!

There's a WMMA3 section a little bit further down the forum index page. Here's a link to the Dynasty forum. There are also forums for mods, suggestions and technical support.

I didn't see this in the help file - I am new to the game, I have the options set to allow for tournaments even in regulated areas, but I can't what the steps are to actually put on a tournament. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once the option is turned on, clicking 'Add Match' (on the Match Making screen in your office) will give you a little pop-up window that allows you to choose a single match, a 4 Man Tournament, or an 8 Man Tournament.

Hey, what exactly determines whether or not a fighter is considered exciting? When you're in the Editorial Suite under fighters, trying to create a new fighter, there's a box you can tic under "Templates" titled "Exciting to watch" likewise, there is one that says "Boring fighter". I ticked both and checked the stats, but I can't seem to figure out what it actually changes? Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, what exactly determines whether or not a fighter is considered exciting? When you're in the Editorial Suite under fighters, trying to create a new fighter, there's a box you can tic under "Templates" titled "Exciting to watch" likewise, there is one that says "Boring fighter". I ticked both and checked the stats, but I can't seem to figure out what it actually changes? Any help would be appreciated.

From what I can tell, ticking "exciting fighter" makes the levels creative punches/creative kicks and creative submissions very high.

Quick question.

I have just started my first game of WMMA3 as XCC, and for some reason I can't book Luiz Machado for his title.

I want to have him Main Event one of my shows with naturally his belt on the line, but his title isn't on the list in matchmaking. But if I click on accept without choosing the game does remind me that I am not putting the belt on the line...

He isn't signed with another company either so that wouldn't be a problem.

For what it's worth, using default redone.

Quick question.

I have just started my first game of WMMA3 as XCC, and for some reason I can't book Luiz Machado for his title.

I want to have him Main Event one of my shows with naturally his belt on the line, but his title isn't on the list in matchmaking. But if I click on accept without choosing the game does remind me that I am not putting the belt on the line...

He isn't signed with another company either so that wouldn't be a problem.

For what it's worth, using default redone.

Looks like a minor mistake by me.The title should be 126-135 instead it is set to 125-135.So just go to your titles and modify it simple fix that should work and you can do it from inside your game.Sorry for the inconvenience.Hopefully I will eventually do an update.I got away from play WMMA 3 for a while,but lately I have been poking away at a few things and trying to fix the game up.

I was creating fighters for my runs of Ultimate Fighter in my game, and when I stumbled upon the potential stat, I had figured it represented a percentage of growth for stats (for example, a fighter with 20% potential's stats can improve in their stats by around 20%; don't ask me why I figured this), so I randomized each of my fighters' potentials for my first two batch of entrants. Now that I've read from the help file what potential really is, I'm curious as to if it works backwards. For example, one of the fighters I created I made as a level 5 judo template, but he got screwed by randomization so his potential is a lowly 8; will his skills work backwards towards that 8 or would they pretty much just stagnate? I really don't want to have to edit the 32 guys I've imported into my main game so far to lower their potential to 0 although obviously I will if I have to.

With the UFC starting to make most (all?) main events 5 round bouts. Is that possible to do in WMMA3?

I am playing as XCC and obviously I am not going to give every show a title fight, but I do want to get those 5 round main events between big names.

Is it possible, and if yes how do I add it?

I got sick of goofy upsets happening in my game when I had it on 3 round fights so I made it that all my fights are 5 rounders and now I notice that guys with good submission's have a very high tendency to win by sub in the 5th round. Now I just sign less Jiu Jitsu guys.

You can do it by adjusting the rules for the match from the matchmaking screen. You go 'Rules', then 'Non-title matches should follow this format' -> 5x5 mins. It only affects the fight you're doing it for when you do it from the matchmaking screen.

Thanks bro. I looked at that screen earlier, but I was afraid that it would alter the entire card.

• 2 weeks later...

I just imported a user-created promotion into my game to take advantage of those Canadian fighters that are getting to high level regional off of local shows but I completely forgot to create titles for them so they don't have any. I don't see a way to add them in the editor or import them. Is there any way I can add these titles short of taking that job (which I really don't want to do; my current company is in direct competition with GAMMA and I schedule shows 2 months in advance so I can't change jobs for a while).

EDIT: Never mind, it seems as if the game gave them titles (it threw me off because it took a few days for the game to give them the titles).

Fighters have three stages of evolution in the game: in development (skills are increasing constantly), in prime (skills are at their all-time high for a short span) and in decline (skills are decreasing). Mostly the fighters' skills are improving all the time, apart from fighters far over 30 years of age (varies from character to character as well).

Destiny is sort of an unclear stat to me, but it should mostly govern how good fighters will become, will they join camps, which camps they will join, and the general career trajectory they will take. Skills and attributes and luck determine results of fights, I guess destiny could play a factor into that too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived