HYPE: One Year Later - CVerse 2011

I'm loving how Japan has turned out.

Kobe for me going to Burning Hammer feels a lot like Kota Ibushi winning the NJPW Junior Tag Belts and getting a 4th Jan Title Shot against Devitt, its like the main name of the smaller crazier promotion going on to bigger and better things.

The Stone's make sense, especially as it is a promotion where there skills will be best shown. Nice to see Exodus made it out of 2010 too, Elemental and Burning Exile being there makes it look credible too, may have to give them a play when the mod is released.

Dread in GCG? best choice for him game wise, PGHW's high intensity would be too much for his aging body, GCG may still be intense but not as much. I always have bad visions that if this was real life Dread would probably go down the way of Misawa if he was to continue in PGHW :(

Nice to see Garner and Edison in a stable with Watson too, it does seem like something BHOTWG would do, something I would do too so pretty swish move.

Liking these updates :)

Can't wait to see how the rest of the world fair.

SWF Fan

Sean

Looking forward to seeing how the UK's going!

Your wish is my command. I've updated the first post with some information about the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe.

That leaves only Australia, although I may also add some more about the war between SWF and USPW that really heated up in 2010, even before Strong and his clique moved to the land of Supreme...

Mhhhh... I can see Sam Strong getting CC clause, but giving it to Ali, Peter, and Nick seems like an overkill. Just doesn't make sense. If Sam Strong has CC and all these people are close friends of his, then why do they need CC as well? It should be that they are brought in and are protected by Sam Strong. Unnecessary for them to have the clause in my opinion, doesn't fit.

Suggestions: (sorry im only good with US)

Set the Biggz free. Have them jump to CZCW to give those guys a boost where they should fit in fine. I think they have accomplished everything they're going to with SWF. I want to say the same for Gregory Black, with having him go to CZCW. He just seems so dull without Elmo next to him.

SWF do not offer Robbie Retro and Runaway Train contract renewels, and they go down to USPW. I think they both would fit in well with what USPW typically goes after, and this can be a way for Train to end his career and possibly transition into a backstage role, long-term, for USPW.

Bring Cheetah Boy, Lassana Makutsi and Primus Allen to the main SWF roster. Cheetah could team up with Jungle Jack as some sort of wildman duo to fill the void left by Biggz's. Lassana can work as a babyface, over with the fans but struggling to move up the ranks. Primus Allen, have him dominate the midcard, or feuding with someone popular.

Texas Pete loses his spot in TCW, and settles for either NYCW or USPW.

Would like to see Hell Monkey return to USPW for another trial run.

Might as well put J-Ro in USPW to replace Alicia.

CZCW will need a boost if they do sign Black and Biggz Bros. Maybe in their pop, finances, and giving them a 1 hour TV show on National Pride. It's nothing too big, but shows that they have grown and are starting to become serious.

A short look into Australia has been added to the initial post and I am pleased to say that the mod is pretty much ready for release. There are still things I would like to add (like more narratives, more new, improved worker pictures, more starting storylines and so on) but none of them are really essential, so I will definitely release the mod in 2010 like I wanted to. I'm looking at releasing it Friday, December 30th, so maybe people can give it a look before everyone's busy with their various New Year's outings ;)

So are Exodus (providing they are still around) and CWWF going to be playable in this edition if so that would be great. Mainly CWWF because I have been dying to play as them since 08 and I was sad to see that they werent in 2010 at the start.

EXODUS 2010 and CWWF are both playable, of course. As are fellow new promotions CWR and HIW. I have some concerns that the talent pools in Japan and the UK/Europe offer too little suitable talent for EX2010 and HIW, so please look out for that if you're going to play with one of them. I may have to get rid of one or maybe even two promotions in future versions of the mod.

Mhhhh... I can see Sam Strong getting CC clause, but giving it to Ali, Peter, and Nick seems like an overkill. Just doesn't make sense. If Sam Strong has CC and all these people are close friends of his, then why do they need CC as well? It should be that they are brought in and are protected by Sam Strong. Unnecessary for them to have the clause in my opinion, doesn't fit.

Technically, I agree with you, but unless I have overlooked something the game doesn't work in a way that would allow Sam to use his creative control to help the people he wants to help. Giving only Sam control would accomplish literally nothing because most people won't have him wrestle, thus not even giving him anything to object to. That's why the people around him have control as well. One of the points of the move for me was to give SWF players a problem (since, let's face it, SWF is pretty easy) by placing an old, unskilled guy like Peter Valentine in the company and giving him the power to refuse to lose. Of course, anyone who doesn't like it, can always remove the creative control clauses themselves very easily...

As for your suggestions, they all make sense and at least one of them is already set - Runaway Train moved to USPW. And one of the RIPW guys you mentioned may or may not have moved to the main roster, I'm not sure right now (Atlas and Justin Sensitive definitely have, though). I'm not gonna be able to implement the rest of your suggestions for version 1.0 simply because it's already finished (apart from some cosmetics) and will be released in two days. But I intend to offer more updates in the future and some of the things you suggested may very well happen then.

Quick question, you say Justin Sensitive has joined the main roster but what about Raphael?

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), Raphael doesn't have a developmental contract with SWF but a pay-per-appearance contract with RIPW. I have only moved people from RIPW to SWF who already had a developmental deal in place.

A quick look on my cheat sheet confirms that I've only moved Atlas (now using the name "Rage" in SWF) and Justin Sensitive up. If I remember correctly I gave them preferential treatment because they a) had a developmental deal and b) had already been RIPW champion.

And Mayhem Midden now works for both RIPW and SWF. But that's not really the same category.

Glad you like Hell Monkey in New Zealand, btw... I've been asking myself the question what ZEN would do with their new wealth and Monkey was the best fit I could come up with.

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), Raphael doesn't have a developmental contract with SWF but a pay-per-appearance contract with RIPW. I have only moved people from RIPW to SWF who already had a developmental deal in place.

A quick look on my cheat sheet confirms that I've only moved Atlas (now using the name "Rage" in SWF) and Justin Sensitive up. If I remember correctly I gave them preferential treatment because they a) had a developmental deal and b) had already been RIPW champion.

And Mayhem Midden now works for both RIPW and SWF. But that's not really the same category.

Glad you like Hell Monkey in New Zealand, btw... I've been asking myself the question what ZEN would do with their new wealth and Monkey was the best fit I could come up with.

But Sensative was on a P.P.A wasn't he? I can't see the game right now (waiting for a license transfer) but I've had to sign him and Raphael up in past games to be in the SWF under their 70's looking alts.

I'm sure he's on a P.P.A :/ confused haha

Personnally I'd have gone a few steps further & had them hire Silver Shark & Insane Machine too :D

But Sensative was on a P.P.A wasn't he? I can't see the game right now (waiting for a license transfer) but I've had to sign him and Raphael up in past games to be in the SWF under their 70's looking alts.

I'm sure he's on a P.P.A :/ confused haha

You're absolutely right. I guess I must have changed his contract to a developmental one early on and then forgotten that he didn't have it in the first place :rolleyes:

Anyhow, Raphael's bio says he's considered the backbone of RIPW, so I've always considered him as somewhat similar to guys like Rob Conway or Johnny Jeter who were in development for what seems like an eternity and a half before they finally got a shot in the main roster.

Personnally I'd have gone a few steps further & had them hire Silver Shark & Insane Machine too :D

Inky The Squid Boy too :p

They still have plenty of money in the bank, so if you take control of ZEN, you can go on a further shopping spree ;)

I

This mod started out as a database update strictly for personal use and, personally, I almost always either rename or completely kill NOTBPW and SOTBPW for my games because I just hate the names with a passion. I'm neither Canadian nor Mexican, but if I was I certainly wouldn't base my company's name on it's geographical relation to the US border just like I feel no self-respecting European should call their promotion "Across The Pond Pro Wrestling". I know not everyone may agree with that reasoning and I don't expect them to, but it's how I have always felt and that's why getting rid of both NOTBPW and SOTBPW was the very first thing I did while working on this mod.

With SOTBPW/SELL, I liked the idea of a borderline national Mexican company because a) the Mexican talent base certainly can sustain it and b) Mexico has such a rich wrestling tradition, it just feels like it should be home to a major company. SOTBPW already was the market leader in 2010, so instead of killing it, I rebranded it. SELL is cult at the start of the game, but the AI manages to make it national within a year in most of my test runs, so it is going where I essentially want it to be.

I considered rebranding NOTBPW in a similar fashion, but I decided against it for various reasons. One of them being that in most of my 2010 games, NOTBPW was able to pull 90+ show ratings for ALL of their shows effortlessly and while I'm not opposed to a smaller promotion putting out awesome shows all the time (in fact, PGHW does just that in most test runs), I didn't really like having such a juggernaut in Canada for some reason. I guess I feel Canada is too close to the ultimate CVerse powerhouse in SWF to have such a strong independent national market.

Here's MO:

I actually agree with your reasoning: NOTB and SOTB are silly names for companies.

But I wouldn't have closed NOTBPW; if anything I would've re-branded it, giving it a more simply nationalist name (something with Canada and/or Stone etc) and set them up for international expansion. The backstory is plausible ..but kinda just barely. It's hard to believe that Dan would kill his incredibly successful company over a family dispute, or that a plan wasn't in place prior to his retirement as to who would take control.

That being said, the resulting changes seem like they'd be fun to play with.

RE: Mexico...Again, I agree with the reasoning and I do like the changes. Mexico NEEDS to have a bigger company (or something) happen because that game area needs a shake-up. But you kind of negate the "change the name because SOTB is sort of a bad term" deal with SELL...First, it's in English (and yes, that bugs me with MPWF as well...at least with OLLIE i could retcon the name in the 77 mod to a spanish phrase that makes sense). Secondly, 'sports entertainment' probably wouldn't have much meaning to Mexican fans.

Just a suggestion but Drama Acción y Lucha Libre (DALL) would've had the same effect.

Not trying to be too critical. I like a lot of the stuff you've done. Just throwing my two cents in on NOTBPW and SOTBPW

I guess since most European promotions tend to use English names (and that's what I'm used to - I'm German), I never really thought about how wrong it is for a Mexican wrestling company to have an English name. You certainly have a point. To be honest, the sole reason I chose SELL as a name was that I had a SELL logo from somewhere and it fit the vision I had of the company (if you negate the language issue, that is).

Whenever I try to design a logo, it tends to look like complete crap, but if someone with actual skills could make a DALL logo, I would be perfectly open to change the name in the next version (since I've already put up Version 1.0 a minute ago). Until then, I guess we can always imagine that SELL and MPWF respectively are merely the English translations of the promotion's real names *cough*

As for killing NOTBPW, as I mentioned in an earlier comment, beyond the name, I also didn't like having such a strong promotion (they went national in almost all my games) so close to a dominating force (pun intended) like SWF in the US. Plus, I like some of the things that NOTBPW's demise made possible, like CWR, CWWF and the Stone Siblings in PGHW (hint: I love, love, love PGHW :rolleyes:).

Archived