Gran turismo 5

jesterx7769

Seeing how there's always threads about games figured I would Gage everyones feedback on gt5

First reactions are it's awesome and actually live up to the hype which I wasn't sure it would as it's marketed as the uptimate racing sim now but love all the modes with the carts nascar rally which I love top gear etc

Only problem so far is there is very little info on cars and is geared to die hard car guys. I'm only average with cars but I can't believe there is no 0-60 no stop times etc. You barely hav anything to go off while buying a car or tuning it. I'm not saying they should have gone all video game on it with 1-100 ratings for each category but I can believe they do t have 0-60 or top speed

B Spec is nice but kinda frustrating. One of the minor annoyances I have in the game is tuning your car is MUCH MUCH more important than the actual car you drive. Which is more realistic in a way and tuning/changing parts is of course nice, but I just feel it kinda took away from the cars a bit too much.

This is related to B Spec in that your car needs to be MUCH MUCH better than their opponents to win (especially early on). You may smoke the AI with the same car in the same race and your driver may only get 4th. I'm not expecting a low level driver (they level up as I'm sure you know) to pull of last second wins and amazing hair pin turns, but when I can SMOKE the AI, they should at least be able to pull of the win instead of me spending $50-100K more to get the win...on beginner races.

But it is still fun to watch your driver go :)

Haven't played a GT game seriously since 3 came out. I rented 4, but they took out my favorite car, the Lotus Esprit 350, which won me SO MANY races in career mode, so I felt like a fish out of water.

Course now it's been years since I've played either game, and I think I'm ready to do poorly on my own once more.

Incidentally, I strongly prefer A-Spec mode. And even though I'm not a car guy, I like the tuning. It helps a LOT. Like if you get the gear ratios right, you can get an extra ~30 MPH out of your car, or accelerate way faster, or things like that. So it's important to play around on the test track.

Archived