How the hell are you supposed to grow?

Yes, of course it makes a difference. The option isn't there to fool you into thinking you can see soccer kicks. I see stomps somewhat frequently when opponents get knocked down. I don't see soccer kicks to the head that often, it may have to do with their kick ability i.e. people with no kick ability won't be using them.

From what I've seen this time around, female fighters are mostly unexciting, relatively untalented nodbodies. At least compared to the men. 40-50 in performance isn't very high to start with and the fighters generally seem to lack the KO power or creative abilities to really be able to wow a crowd... it's definitely harder to get a higher critical rating with female fighters than it is with male fighters, of which there are more AND better.

My fights of the year have been (without exception) women fights. I frequently get fantastic ratings in my women's division.

You have to be aware of the deeper stats and be able to identify them without letting them have too many fights, but when you get the right combinations together you'll get huge results every time. Trish Biel and Beattie have been huge hits for me.

If you use Trish wrong she can be the opposite for you as well.

Male fighters ... it's harder to find holes in their skill set to exploit at times. Two fighters can pull out a good rating but also an equally bad rating just out of bad luck and the direction the right goes. Sure, you can get some really good ones going, but the higher up you go the less there is to exploit.

I can't look at deeper stats because my "Eye For Talent" is set to 1. Someone said I can get better results my increasing "Promotion", so I did that, and someone said "Eye For Talent" isn't very useful, so I took the points out of that. "Negotiation" is set to 6 and "Match Making" to 4. I just try to guess what their strengths and weaknesses are based on their style and what their bios say.

It's like Kerry Silverman ... sometimes you just work out that people have issues based on their fight stats.

IE Kerry Silverman based on her description could/should be an exciting can ... She isn't. She couldn't land a punch on the wide side of a diplodocus illuminated by a moon beam on a foot ball pitch under elephant tranquilisers and painted bright pink. Thus she can be boring to watch.

You want to work that out before revealing her stats because a handful of fights for her can be too much against certain people. You want her to go down fast before she gets a chance to do her performative punching miss dance.

Archived