Mistico signs with WWE

Genadi

Finally!

Super Luchas magazine has reported that Mistico of CMLL has signed with WWE. It was just posted on the Observer site as well.

He had been talking with both AAA and WWE lately because CMLL had fallen to third place in Mexico behind the other two promotions. The company had also been grooming La Sombra to take his place as the top babyface, which he was obviously unhappy about.

The cubsfan notes that CMLL most likely owns the Mistico gimmick so he won't be able to bring it to WWE.

More here (including the magazine cover): http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/?p=10403

If you haven't seen him in action yet, you're robbing yourself.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sqoY0hCOTU

Wait.. Mistisco the guy from the novelas? I thought that was a character in the show? He's a real wrestler? I'm confused..

I don't know what novelas is but yes he's very real, and very awesome. He's been my fave wrestler for the last few years and the quickest, smoothest technichian I've seen.

This would be a much bigger deal if he signed in 06-07 when he was at the top of his game. Now it seems like more of a contigency plan for when Mysterio leaves/bringing in more Hispanic talent.

Will be interesting to see what he ends up doing when he debuts.

I agree but thanks once again due to stupid Visa issues we were robbed of a great wrestler in his prime. He's still not even 30 but I know what you mean, the aura surrounding him few years back was incredible.

On one hand I am not excited as WWE doesn't let anyone really do enough cool stuff to make signing someone like Mistico worthwhile, on the other hand I am relieved that this may mean Rey is on the way out. I love Rey but the dude is more broken down and stale than I can handle. He was awesome at one point, but god damn. I never want to see a guy slump across the second rope ever again.

Now if they signed L.A. Park I would be excited since his schtick alone makes anything watchable and he should have been a 5 time WCW champ just like Booker T.

WWE aren't silly though, I give them credit. They know kids love masks. I wonder how much they make of Rey merchandise.

Visa issues had nothing do with Mistico staying put; Mistico played safe and stayed with where he knew he'd be king.

And we won't be getting the CMLL version of Mistico. We'll be getting a WWE-ised version who, after being told he doesn't know how to work, will be taught the correct way to work. Almost everything that makes Mistico great will get taken away or changed because it's 'wrong'. They'll probably, hopefully, let him use La Mistica, because it looks cool.

I have read of multiple reasons for him not going in 06/07; alot dealing with money/card position and also that he figured he'd make more $ with CMLL, which was doing gangbusters at the time. Now he's no longer getting the God push he got there and apparently this is his way out.

I'd LOVE to see him heel it up, going back to Demon Mistico and feud with Rey.

Misitico was still super hot in CMLL and at his peak; you think he'd give that up before it was starting cool down?

Like I mentioned with Sting earlier, money is a fairly big motivational tool... actually one of if not the biggest. I'm not saying he didn't, stating "he didn't want to give up being king" implies you've spoken with him though and from what I remember he publically said at the time he was interested in wrestling in the US (not WWE particularly, he didn't specify).

Like I mentioned with Sting earlier, money is a fairly big motivational tool... actually one of if not the biggest. I'm not saying he didn't, stating "he didn't want to give up being king" implies you've spoken with him though and from what I remember he publically said at the time he was interested in wrestling in the US (not WWE particularly, he didn't specify).

I don't think I used the the phrase ""he didn't want to give up being king", and it certainly doesn't imply that I've spoken to him.

I don't think I used the the phrase ""he didn't want to give up being king", and it certainly doesn't imply that I've spoken to him.

Visa issues had nothing do with Mistico staying put; Mistico played safe and stayed with where he knew he'd be king.

It implies you know his motivations. Unless you've spoken to him or have mind reading powers I'm not sure how you would?

It implies you know his motivations. Unless you've spoken to him or have mind reading powers I'm not sure how you would?

Maybe by listening to people who follow Lucha closely and do guest spots on wrestling radio shows, ie: 'Dr Lucha' Steve Sims.

Maybe by reading blogs by people who closely follow Lucha, ie; cubsfan (http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/

Or maybe I do have mind-reading powers.

You guys are both wrong, Mistico considered wrestling in the US but then decided against it because there are just too many Mexicans there and he really doesn't like those guys.

I know this because me and Mistico are pretty tight. We've been on the same mixed netball team since 2002 and play bridge every week.

Archived