I need some help with my XCC game.

I started out playing it like WMMA2 figuring I could secure a PPV deal around mid-level regional. After looking at the editor I see that it takes being high-level regional (80%) for the smallest PPV carrier. Right now I am at 48% and have $170k left in bank.

I had been losing on average $20-25k per month and have got that down to abou $16k. However, after being at only 48% after 15 shows I think I will go broke before being able to secure a PPV deal. What can I do to save my job?

I have recently shifted my ticket pricest to very cheap and maxed out my marketing hoping to get more fans and increase popularity more quickly. I have also dropped from seven fights per show to five to get to the -$16k per month average. What else can I do?

Manage you budget insanely close. Only put on three fights a card for instance. In the real world small promotions do put on very small fight cards and let local promoters and fighters put on fights as the undercard so the main promotion doesn't pay them. I think Strikeforce even employs this tactic sometimes for prelims, or at least had in the recent past. Just imagine that is happening and it won't feel so unrealistic.

Cut your marketing back to normal. Curb your ambitions. Plot out how much revenue you are generating per month on average over the last six months, subtract out expenses you cannot cut out, and do NOT exceed what is left in terms the fighters you pay to fight. You're really going to have to dampen your match making ambitions. I repeat that to stress that there is no avoiding it. I had to do this in my Dawn of MMA mod game to survive as the early UFC. I even went out and signed a handful of bums for no other reason than because they were cheap. I'd balance out the budget with guys who were only going to charge me less than a grand for a lot of cards even with only three fights on it.

You have to go bare bones to save your game.

I appreciate the input. I've already let Ziskie go and several other top 10 fighters will soon follow. I'm going back to focusing on very young and cheap talent and looking to sign the better ones to five and six fight deals. I've also started to use the +/- performance scale instead of just the + so I save money when a guy loses. Hopefully I can salvage the situation...

You seriously don't need big name fighters. Just sign unemployed fighters, feed them can and hype them out and you will have some mid level regional dudes in no time that can handle your main event without any trouble. My KDM FC is in positive ever since I got to mid level regional, the only thing I fail to do is survive Sukarno's 1M without cheating but that I believe I can overcome in my 2nd attempt in future.

XCC is my favorite company to play as, for now. It's smaller, with only three weight divisions, and thus easier to manage. What I do in my XCC games is run at least one show every month without fail, and I have only six fights a card for a while. After I do several cards and get some momentum going, I crank up marketing and production to the max in the budget, and continue running six-fight shows. I time my cards so that every every single one has a championship fight on it. Somewhere between six months to a year, I was making profit - not much, but I was no longer losing money.

Now, at the very start of the year 2000, I've achieved high level regional and I've suddenly jumped from having about 750-ish attendance a show, to at least 2,000 a show. My profits have similarly jumped, and I'm about ready to try securing PPV and TV deals. Basically, it takes a year or so to start making profits, at least with smaller companies. Almost everyone loses cash at the start. Once you're making profits, you're pretty much fine. You're not going to go out of business.

Hope that helped :D

Well, I definitely was going to go out of business. I'm down to $50k in bank lol. I finally turned a profit the last two months doing only three fight shows and limiting my big name fighters to just two (one fight) per show. I also started using the hype for the main event and the co-main which seems to offset what should have been a declin in attendance. It is going to be tricky butI think I can still turn it around...

Well, I've got it turned around and am getting about 2k fans per show now and making money. I'm back up to about $200k in bank and have an "impressive" featherweight" division. Now I'm working on building up my lightweight and welterweight divisions (I scrapped the women). Any advice on eventually adding the heavier weight classes?

Big thing for me with XCC is to widen out the weight divisions, and get the women's division into a credible range.

If you increase the weight of the guys you can still keep the division, but you can fit more fighters in there. (The women's division needs total reworking if you keep it but this puts you head to head with WEFF who are easy to goad.)

Adding a new division; just make it nice and wide and stack it on top of the limit of your old one once you've stretched it to get the most fighter coverage.

I've always been putting on two events every single month, and I'm not losing money. Random striking cans are great in XCC. Ziske you can keep kicking around just by having him on a long contract and only bring him out at Christmas. He's good to keep onside till the other companies that would want him go bankrupt.

I would've kept your women's division simply because its such an easy money maker. You have free reign over all the fighters there, and there's a handful of semi-exciting strikers you can pull of great matches with and then feed to anyone who is more 3 dimensional than a wafer biscuit.

Oh and just slam associate contracts on just about everyone. There's very few fighters that can be hired by the big guns, and often the bigger companies don't want them that much anyway.

Your glass chinned strikers are solid gold by the way. Harvey Ripa and others like him are actually worth keeping around simply because they go down like a sack of poop. You can have him lose 10 or so times before people get bored of watching it. He's like a walking youtube video of pain. Hire him twice.

If you want to get aggressive ... hire other companies best fighters when you can to associate contracts then PUMMEL them. This is especially effective against WEFF and pumps your competitive credibility something ridiculous.

Only other advice I have is don't be afraid to fire your incredibly skilled but ultimately boring fighters. Early on they seem great, but after a while they start actually being a pain in the butt ... If they're not marketable, but they're good enough to beat your top guys then they're just a liability in most cases unless you need to teach someone a lesson.

Archived