Supreme Wrestling Federation: Under Pressure

Gregory Black © vs Paul Huntingdon vs Jungle Lord vs Frederique Garcia (Shooting Star Title Match)

sXe © vs Sexy Shellfish (SWF World Tag Team Title Match)

Rich Money vs Marat Khoklov

Brandon James vs Steve Frehley © (SWF North American Title Match)

Christian Faith vs Eric Eisen © (SWF World Title Match - Supreme Iron Man Cage)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUICK PICKS

Gregory Black © vs Paul Huntingdon vs Jungle Lord vs Frederique Garcia (Shooting Star Title Match)

Yes draw!

Black just won the title so it´s too early for a change

DQ or count out win

coin flip so I go with more talented guy.

Frehley won´t lose the title on first defense.

Could go either way but I say that Eisen wins via some kind of shenanigans

Gregory Black © vs Paul Huntingdon vs Jungle Lord vs Frederique Garcia (Shooting Star Title Match) The future is Black

sXe © vs Sexy Shellfish (SWF World Tag Team Title Match) Until they choose a name, no titles for them. Of course, if they debut the name on the PPV (where better?) then they at least get the win, if not the titles...

Rich Money vs Marat Khoklov He's money, not a monster

Brandon James vs Steve Frehley © (SWF North American Title Match) James doesn't need it back - and it's too soon for Frehley to lose it

Christian Faith vs Eric Eisen © (SWF World Title Match - Supreme Iron Man Cage) Faith needs the belt like a fish needs a bike - not to mention that Eisen could do with a win over someone of Faith's standing, even if it's likely to be tainted

• 2 weeks later...

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Gregory Black ©</strong> vs Paul Huntingdon vs Jungle Lord vs Frederique Garcia (Shooting Star Title Match)</p><p>

<em>I see Black holding onto the title for awhile longer.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>sXe ©</strong> vs Sexy Shellfish (SWF World Tag Team Title Match)</p><p>

<em>Straight Edge means we're better than you.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Rich Money vs <strong>Marat Khoklov</strong></p><p>

<em>Marat smash little monopoly money man.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Brandon James vs <strong>Steve Frehley ©</strong> (SWF North American Title Match)</p><p>

<em>Frehley walks away with the title.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Christian Faith</strong> vs Eric Eisen © (SWF World Title Match - Supreme Iron Man Cage)</p><p>

<em>A bit of a shock victory for Christian Faith! This leads to Rich Money getting another title shot.</em></p></div><p></p><p></p>

I think I should give a little update on this. Basically, things have become very busy, very quickly for me and although I didn't want my joint WWE diary to take away from this it has. Why? Not because it takes too much time, but because, frankly, it is more interesting for me at this moment. Part of the problem is that this diary game was run well in advance of the writing - I haven't touched the save in months and it is sitting in December 2010 in-game. So by now I feel disconnected from it all - I'm writing up notes, effectively, not writing about a show.

I really wanted to get to Supreme Challenge 30 and having discovered that this diary has fewer posts (from me) than Battle for Prime Time I'm very disappointed in myself (especially given my post earlier in the month). However, I have really moved so far away from the original formula - the shows are different, there is no Aftermath etc. - that this isn't really the Under Pressure that people voted Rookie DOTM and Cverse DOTM.

It has taken me three weeks to write half of Master of Puppets, and fifteen minutes to write half of Smackdown which, I think, says a lot. I could take a month away from the diary and see how I feel but I suspect it won't do much good. If there is still interest, then I hope to finish Master of Puppets this weekend and then finish the year in some form of recap (probably in two-monthly slots).

How the likes of James Casey and Phantom Stranger can keep up a diary of such high quality, and of such detail, so long I'll never know - it is something I wish I could do, and perhaps can given the right situation. I have enjoyed writing Under Pressure, I enjoyed playing the game and I hope you all enjoyed reading it. I have learnt a lot from the process too, mainly about what I want from a diary and what I am capable of. Am I a start/stop writer? Perhaps. Did I enjoy it while it lasted? You bet! :D

Appreciate the update, and while I definitely hope you keep going with it... I certainly understand the burden that comes with such a project.

First of all, thanks for the comment BP, you've always been a huge source of inspiration and assistance for me.

However, I think it's pretty much certain that this one has ended, I'm afraid. I was gutted when I had to stop Battle for Prime Time (admittedly that was out of my hands), but I'm not too bothered about this one which confirms my suspicion that this one has had its day. Like I said, I'm happy explaining where things were headed, but there's not much point if there is not much in the way of interest.

Shame to see this come to a close jhd, but fully understandable. My participation slipped a little when you went to summarised write-ups, partly because my time has been a little short in recent weeks and with your write-ups now easier to digest, I got a bit behind in following as I knew I'd be able to catch up pretty quickly on 2-3 shows at a time.

I've always like the premise behind this diary and your excution of it has brought several memorable moments and characters (Greed, Lobster/Sexy, sXe, etc). Plus you roped Kam into putting together some awesome new SWF logos :D

I too wouldn't mind seeing what you had going on further down the line if you choose to write a summary up.

I'm interested to see where it was going. This has still one of my favourite diaries, with Greed and co. and Sexy Shellfish (or whatever they ended up as :p)

Shame to see this come to a close jhd, but fully understandable. My participation slipped a little when you went to summarised write-ups, partly because my time has been a little short in recent weeks and with your write-ups now easier to digest, I got a bit behind in following as I knew I'd be able to catch up pretty quickly on 2-3 shows at a time.

I've always like the premise behind this diary and your excution of it has brought several memorable moments and characters (Greed, Lobster/Sexy, sXe, etc). Plus you roped Kam into putting together some awesome new SWF logos :D

I too wouldn't mind seeing what you had going on further down the line if you choose to write a summary up.

Thanks to you both. I'll try and start the write-up this afternoon.

For the Readers...

The demise of this diary has really got me thinking about future projects, and whether there is an appetite out there for the sort of things I might cover. So, I have created a short questionnaire and put it on surveymonkey for the benefit of those who are not board members who might be reading. I'll let it run for a few days (I'll put up a warning before it expires) - I'd appreciate it if as many people as possible can complete it so I can get a better idea of where things might go.

Thanks in advance.

SWF: Under Pressure After Diary Survey

UNDER PRESSURE: THE ROAD AHEAD

Master of Puppets to Times of Trouble

The first place to start with for a 'where we were headed' post is, of course, the next show's results. Master of Puppets looked a little something like this...

Remo def. Randy Bumfhole

SWF SHOOTING STAR TITLE: Greg Black def. Paul Huntingdon, Frederique Garcia and Jungle Lord to retain the SWF Shooting Star Championship

Vengeance def. Jack Giedroyc

SWF TAG TEAM TITLES: Sexy Shellfish def. sXe via Count-Out. sXe retain the titles.

SWF NORTH AMERICAN TITLE: Steve Frehley def. Brandon James to retain the title.

Marat Khoklov def. Rich Money after interference from Sam Keith.

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Christian Faith def. Eric Eisen to win the SWF World title.

The overall grade for the show was a B+ and was at the time the highest graded show of 2010. The result which might raise a few eyebrows is Christian Faith's victory over Eric Eisen. The match was a 60 minute iron man match held inside a cage. Why? An earlier post mentioned that Faith held the record for longest cage match (40+ minutes against Sam Keith) and he is, after all known as the 'Iron Man'. If Eric was going to lose the title it was going to be a spectacle and this match delivered (B+). The idea was for Faith to be winning until the dying seconds when Marat Khoklov would grab Ana Garcia at ringside, distracting him long enough for Eisen to get a flash pin to level things up. Eisen would believe a draw was good enough, but Henry Lee would come to the ring and announce that the match would continue until we had a winner, only now escape was a valid means of winning. Eric would try his best to climb the cage but Faith would triumph, winning the title in his home town of Houston, TX.

Supreme TV - May Week 3

Eric Eisen would invoke his rematch clause the following episode of Supreme TV, but would again fall short to the "Eternal One". Their rematch would again grade B+, giving the SWF it's best graded Supreme TV of the year. Elsewhere on the card the mysterious hooded man challenged any member of The Corporation to a street fight on next week's show in Minnesota. Brandon James was 'fired' by Emma Chase as per her threat after losing the North American title rematch, turning Big Cat face in the process. And Rich Money claimed that he wasn't the only person to have been disappointed by Sam Keith's cheating ways - next week he would reveal two men who hated everything Keith had come to stand for.

Supreme TV - May Week 4

Rich Money lived up to his talk - bringing out Sam Keith's children Greg and Matthew Gauge live on Supreme TV! Sam would face the twins in a handicap match later on in the show, winning by a roll-up after spending much of the match refusing to take part. In a night of shocks, Vengeance finally stepped into the ring with his mystery attacker - Del Muerto. Vengeance controlled much of the match but when the lights went out and came back on he was alone in the ring. The referee had no choice but to count out the masked man and award the victory to Vengeance - not that Greed and "The Reaper" were too impressed.

With Brandon James seemingly out of the NA title picture (and now being attacked by Khoklov), Remo stepped in by attacking Frehley backstage. With a lot of history between them it's no surprise that they would do battle once again.

The main event would see the reveal of the hooded stranger...Joey Minnesota! The Corporation had sent Marc DuBois to battle the newcomer and the two brawled in the rain-soaked car park until Joey won the bout. By the end of the match most of the SWF roster was outside and the enormous brawl that ensued was rated A* for it's star power alone.

Supreme TV - June Week 1

A fairly slow week compared to the previous one, although there were some angles of note. Marc DuBois defeated Greg Gauge, much to the annoyance of teammate Sam Keith, while Sexy Shellfish and The Amazing Bumfholes argued (in a friendly manner, of course) over who should face sXe at Times of Trouble. Marat Khoklov destroyed Brandon James for the second week in a row, cementing Big Cat's face turn. Eric Eisen defeated Del Muerto after the masked man disappeared again mid way through the contest and the main event saw Remo and Sam Keith def. Christian Faith and Joey Minnesota when Sam Keith nailed Joey with a chair behind the ref's back.

June Week 1 was also the debut of SWF PRIME, the promotion's new B show.

June Week 2

Another former TCW star, Edd Stone, debuted in the opening bout of the card, losing a great match to Marc DuBois. Joey Minnesota would lose for a second week in a row - this time against Marat Khoklov - after a chair shot from Sam Keith - the "Living Legend" making a point to Christian Faith by taking out his 'friend' Minnesota. He would be saved from a post-match beatdown by newly turned Brandon James. Much of the card was spent hyping the upcoming Times of Trouble PPV, set to be headlined by Christian Faith and Sam Keith. Also on the card would be Remo and Steve Frehley for the NA title, Rich Money's rematch with Marat Khoklov, and a three-way dance between sXe, The Amazing Bumfholes and Sexy Shellfish for the tag titles.

Next up: Times of Trouble to Supreme Challenge 30, and then more brief recaps of the months to December...

Nice catch up, would have loved the Brandon turn and Joey Minnesota and especially Edd Stone are great signings (and unless I'm going crazy he had a great team with Edd Stone, about to explode, in your USPW I think just as it ended.) I've also given my questionnaire feedback :) Look forward to some whatever you do, if and when you return :)

Times of Trouble and The Road Begins

Times of Trouble was surprising for one big reason - it graded A. The PPV one month away from SC30 received the best grade I have had with the SWF. I was happy and slightly concerned at the same time - how do you top that!? Well, you'll have to wait until the next post to find out :p

Here is the card for Times of Trouble

Gregory Black def. Frederique Garcia to retain the SWF Shooting Star title

Vengeance def. Robbie Retro

Jack Giedroyc def. Steven Parker

John Greed def. Edd Stone

Brandon James & Joey Minnesota def. Marc DuBois & Enforcer Roberts

Jungle Lord def. Runaway Train

The Amazing Bumfholes def. sXe and Sexy Shellfish to win the SWF World Tag Team titles!

Steve Frehley def. Remo via Count-Out to retain the SWF North American title

Rich Money def. Marat Khoklov

Christian Faith def. Sam Keith to retain the SWF World Heavyweight title

As well as a number of excellent angles, the Faith - Keith match was awarded an A, no doubt the single reason for the events high score.

However, that wouldn't be the show's most surprising moment, far from it. The beginning of the card continued a feud between Greg Black and Frederique Garcia that had begun a few weeks before, slowly working its way towards a rivalry that could mirror the Black - DuBois feud at the beginning of the diary. The middle of the card was, admittedly, not particularly interested. With SC30 so close the need to hold back on the big feuds was too strong to resist. Still, Jungle Lord's second victory over Runaway Train gave him a big boost and finally finished the feud.

And then came shock #1 - The Bumfholes winning the titles. Sexy Shellfish and sXe had been so busy feuding that neither had taken The Bumfholes seriously and as a result a flash pinfall from Randy on Squeeky McClean saw them run away with the belts. A B+ rated match, along with a plan for SC30, made me happy with the decision, even if the end result wouldn't live up to this night's bout.

Then, a shock that you wouldn't get from reading the results. As you have read, Remo was never the most willing partner in The Corporation. His lack of matches was often a bone of contention, but his feud with Steve Frehley over the North American title had given him a renewed purpose. Before the match, Marat Khoklov, Sam Keith and Eric Eisen beat Steve Frehley to a pulp, literally carrying him into the ring. The referee refused to start the match but under Eric's insistence the bell was rung. The crowds boos deafened Remo who only had to put a foot on his opponent's chest to win the second most prestigious belt in the company. He refused. Years of feuding gave him a respect for Frehley, even if he didn't like him. Rather than win dishonerably, he lost with his head held high and walked backstage to lose the match by count-out. The fans weren't sure, but it appeared as though Remo was turning face...Eisen wasn't impressed and he ordered the assault of Frehley to continue...only for Remo to charge back into the ring and clean house, saving his long-time enemy from career-threatening injuries!

Supreme TV - June Week 3

Remo's treachery wouldn't go unpunished. In the opening bout of the next show he was beaten from pillar to post by Marat Khoklov, and then a beatdown from the Russian and Eisen finished him off.

Sexy Shellfish and sXe argued over whose fault it was that the Bumfholes had won the title. Unsurpsingly both teams blamed the other.

Sam Keith would once again face his sons in a match, this time winning a six man tag alongside DuBois and Roberts against Money and The Gauges.

The episode would be headlined by an A grade non-title match between Vengeance and Christian Faith.

Supreme TV - June Week 4

This show would be memorable for two things - the Supreme TV debut of Art Reed (a victory over Paul Huntingdon - he had been seen on PRIME a week earlier), and the main event. Once the most fearsome of allies, now Remo and Steve Frehley had to fight on the same team against Eric Eisen and Marc DuBois. Frehley pinned DuBois to get the victory in a match memorable for its team of unlikely heroes than its wrestling quality.

Up Next: The Road to The Supreme Challenge 30 continues...

Nice catch up, would have loved the Brandon turn and Joey Minnesota and especially Edd Stone are great signings (and unless I'm going crazy he had a great team with Edd Stone, about to explode, in your USPW I think just as it ended.) I've also given my questionnaire feedback :) Look forward to some whatever you do, if and when you return :)

Thanks 20LEgend, I'm glad you liked it and I hope you enjoy the next installment. Edd Stone had a team with James Justice in USPW, I assume that is what you meant (you wrote Edd twice!). He was going to be in a stable with The Biggz Boyz too at the time. You'll like where Edd was headed - it surprises me still and I booked it! :D

To everyone...

Thanks to everyone who has filled in the surveymonkey questionnaire so far. If you haven't done so then please take a look - it's only a couple of questions and it won't take long. All the response so far have been enormously helpful and the more feedback I get the better. All the response have also been from forum members and all have left their username - don't feel you can't answer the questionnaire if you aren't a member, your opinion is still appreciated. And of course, if you would like to remain anonymous just leave the last question blank :)

SWF: Under Pressure After Diary Survey

Like the "where things were going", jhd1. I knew I would enjoy your long-term storylines were headed and this confirms it. Sounds like some good stuff was headed our way. I will also say that reading this and JamesCasey's SWF have got me messing around with an SWF game again...

Like the "where things were going", jhd1. I knew I would enjoy your long-term storylines were headed and this confirms it. Sounds like some good stuff was headed our way. I will also say that reading this and JamesCasey's SWF have got me messing around with an SWF game again...

Thanks BP - I really did enjoy the game as I was playing it and the build to the Supreme Challenge (funnily enough, the first in 2010 I had actually reached to book) was really fun. Unfortunately, because that was months ago (as in, April or May?) I feel so far removed from it that the diary was more like retelling a story than exploring the World of Supreme. I will say, however, that towards the end of the year I fell into the SWF trap of hiring too many people I didn't need and the game ends in January 2011. Still, the fact I got to November before losing my way is a reason to celebrate! :D

I'm glad that the diary has inspired you a little too - after all, without Generation Supreme this diary would never have started, in fact I may never have started Battle for Prime Time either, who knows!

The Road To SC30 Continues

Supreme TV July Week 1

The first week of July - the first of four Supreme TVs until Supreme Challenge 30 - was memorable for one striking moment towards the end of the show. Vengeance had been the victim of a number of surprise attacks by a masked man known only as Del Muerto. When the two finally met in the ring Del Muerto vanished midway through the match, getting himself counted out and handing the victory to Vengeance. On this week's show Vengeance had just defeated Runaway Train when the lights went out. When they returned rather than seeing Vengeance alone and crippled in the centre of the ring he was choking Del Muerto! Vengeance hit the Skull Krusher then went to pull the mask from his would-be assailant...it was John Greed! The fans couldn't believe, Vengeance couldn't believe it - John Greed was the attacker after all this time. In a face turn out of nowhere, Vengeance hit his former ally with a second Skull Krusher before heading backstage.

Elsewhere on the show Remo's face turn now complete he joined the likes of Christian Faith, Steve Frehley and Joey Minnesota in their attempt to end The Corporation by defeating Sam Keith in the show's main event via DQ after interference from Miss Emily.

Rich Money and The Gauge Brothers teamed up yet again to take on The Pain Alliance and Steven Parker while Edd Stone and Art Reed discussed becoming a tag team.

Supreme TV July Week 2

Storylines abounded on this show as the Tag Team title race continued to heat up with brawls aplenty between champs The Amazing Bumfholes and their challengers sXe and Sexy Shellfish.

A massive ten man tag match ended the broadcast as Faith, James, Frehley, Money and Minnesota beat The Corporation (Eisen, Roberts, DuBois, Khoklov and Keith) in a B+ match.

But the most shocking moment of the show would once again centre around Vengeance. John Greed came to the ring to explain his actions - claiming that he had been trying to help Vengeance to rekindle his fire after months of half-hearted feuds and non-existent title chances. Vengeance, however, merely chokeslammed the "Eighth Deadly Sin" before challenging him to a cage match at Supreme Challenge 30!

Supreme TV July Week 3

The main talking points of this week's show were the build up of two matches set for Supreme Challenge 30 - the North American title match between Steve Frehley and Marc DuBois and Brandon James' renewed battle with Marat Khoklov.

The Supreme Galaxy will remember that Khoklov assaulted James after the former NA champion refused to join The Corporation. With Big Money's face turn complete the match was on and Khoklov's post-match attack pretty much guaranteed that they would face off at The Challenge.

Similarly DuBois attacked Steve Frehley, being placed in the title scene by Eric Eisen after their previous North American title hopeful Remo turned against them.

The main event was Christian Faith's non-title rematch with Sam Keith and it would once again be rated A, with Faith leaving victorious.

Supreme TV July Week 4

With Supreme Challenge 30 just two days away this show focused entirely upon the upcoming matches. Predictably the main players all won their matches, from Brandon James to Rich Money to Eric Eisen. By the end of the show the card would be complete, leaving the biggest show in Sports Entertainment to capture the imagination of wrestling fans worldwide...

SUPREME CHALLENGE 30: THE CARD

Joey Minnesota vs Enforcer Roberts

Art Reed vs Steven Parker

SHOOTING STAR: Gregory Black © vs Paul Huntingdon vs Edd Stone vs Frederique Garcia

Jungle Lord vs Runaway Train

CAGE MATCH: Vengeance vs John Greed

TAG TEAM TITLE LADDER MATCH: The Amazing Bumfholes vs sXe vs Sexy Shellfish vs The Pain Alliance

Valiant vs Atlas

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE: Steve Frehley © vs Marc DuBois

Brandon James vs Marat Khoklov

Remo vs Sam Keith

WORLD TITLE: Christian Faith © vs Eric Eisen vs Rich Money

Up Next: Supreme Challenge 30

Awesome twist with Greed. Great storyline and from it starting on your first show until the big one is amazing. Greed and Vengeance will be a great match (maybe not grades wise but from a storyline stand point and for me reading.) Everything else looks really good but Greed / Vengeance story sticks out to me. :) What happen to Atlas to get a match with Valiant. I remember something with Greed's alliance but I don't know how it fully came about :)

Archived