What is the point of Marketing?

I'm trying to figure out the games finances and marketing seems to have no value whatsoever. In WMMA2 I could assign popularity in areas to get it up, now there's none of that, and my popularity isn't going up whatsoever outside of my lame shows which are barely raising it, so what's the point of marketing? It doesn't seem to have any benefits in my game.

I'm playing a fed from the beginning. 0 popularity, all the fighters have no popularity and I start with 500,000. I run one show pirate-wise on two major networks in graveyard slots, thinking that'll get my popularity up. It doesn't, it just gives me a bit of cash flow. So really, my finances seem really messed up.

I have a strange merchandise flow, I get 35 thousand or so every month, which I guess might be because of my high marketing or maybe because of the two pirate shows but other than that, no idea.

My contractual finances are pretty high, but maybe that's because I hire a lot of people then I terminate them when they first lose.

Admin's at 35 thousand a month. And marketing costs 26 thousand a month.

Anyone got any tips in the finance department? I don't know how to balance it out, seems more confusing this time around.

Just guessing, I thought marketing does improve company popularity but only in increments. Like with max promotion stat + high marketing equals +0.8-1 increase in company popularity per above average event.

I may also be mistaken but I think high marketing gives 5-10% boost on fighter reputation that was hyped and makes them faster to reach max aura even with a lower reputation like the highest probably is 2 successful fighter hype = 100 aura if starting from 1-10 and 3 fights for hyped matches. I didn't really make any test on this but IMO if you hype everyone in huge hypes and you have high promotion/marketing, you'll see sometimes guys that were ranked #2 lose one fight and then fall back to #6 (if they are talented) or even #12 in the world (not company) rankings.

If I've essentially 0 popularity, how am I getting 35,000 odd every month? I can't change the quality of the merch.

Infact, it's dropping from 47 thousand from 6 months ago.

Is there any way I can get my admin lower than 30,000 to? That's just gonna wipe me out.

Found my problem. I've put my popularity at 0 regional for all countries, and not unknown, meaning the admin, marketing and merchandise has been on a stupid scale. Simmed a month and there's been no income (haven't done anything), and only the admin has cost, so it's all good.

Archived