USPW: The Great American Spectacle!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great show ! I don't think anyone would have guessed that all the results would be in favor of one side of the war and we've got another plot to follow with Tyler's actions. I might be in the minority, but I don't want to see Sneer back at the table full time. I think I could get tired quickly of his arguments with Danny.

Awesome show, E-V. The Sam Strong segment to close was especially well written.

That was a great show!
Excellent, excellent show E-V.

Well written, full of twists and turns; I really enjoyed it.

Awesome show E-V!! Looking forward to seeing where things in USPW go from here.

Thank you
codey, AMP, Mike, and smurphy
!

@Mike -
The Sam Strong write-up was something I made sure to kick around in my head before sitting down to write the segment. At the USPW's most grandest stage of all-time, I wanted for Strong to 'finally' get his retribution for what Baine & The Sneer Corporation did to him a couple weeks prior. As you'll see going forward, Baine & Strong certainly have a date with destiny.

All of it was Amazing, every bit, great show, not much to say but it was so good can't wait to see Sneer's response and lost in that craziness Bruce and Caulfield are champs! Really liked how strong T-Rex came across too.

Thank you, 20LEgend!

Sneer certainly will have a big response on this upcoming episode of "American Wrestling"; you can count on that. Plus, the wide-spread losses, while shocking to most, will actually catapult this story that much further; giving Shane an altered tone going forward!

As for Rexy, I really wanted Justice to go over him, especially given what we've seen up until now, and that I felt such an outcome would give the storyline more of a leg going forward, at least what I have in mind with it, but also wanted to keep T-Rex as strong as possible. In this case, he put Justice out cold with a lingering submission hold & eventually floored him thereafter in a show of complete dominance. Truthfully, while I wasn't much before I took on USPW, I'm becoming quite the Rex mark going forward...

Great show ! I don't think anyone would have guessed that all the results would be in favor of one side of the war and we've got another plot to follow with Tyler's actions. I might be in the minority, but I don't want to see Sneer back at the table full time. I think I could get tired quickly of his arguments with Danny.

Thank you, MrOnu!

The war certainly was one-sided during "Frigid Fight Night" but that was the plan all along. Without giving too much away, I felt that, on USPW's greatest night in their history, their first PPV event, that they would look entirely strong in their efforts. More or less, while I do expect them to win quite a much in time, I think someone put it best in their predictions... "The Sneer Corporation doesn't have to win; they're about domination" (or something like that). It's entirely true. Wins and losses are key; however, Sneer is more of a vile leader more hell-bent on destruction than actual win/loss records.

This is where the Sneer Corp and the nWo differ. The nWo was booked to look unstoppable in the ring; due to continuous run-ins. With the Sneer Corp, yes, they will interfere often but I don't want to book into a whole where that's the only way they exist; acting more as individuals up until now. For me, there is a hint of the classic 'villain' mentality to their grouping; vicious and overwhelming at points; however, often foiled by the hero's when it counts.

That said... This next episode of "American Wrestling" will heavily play-off of what we saw at "Frigid Fight Night" with the lopsided win/loss record. More or less, I chose this route so that I could slightly evolve the storyline going forward.

As for Sneer & the commentary table
, don't worry about that; I don't have any plans to have him behind the desk again (as you'll find with the 2nd internet post following the first I plan to post later tonight). I have a new concept in mind that I'm going to try out, when it comes to the desk, and don't really foresee him playing into that new concept.

excellent show! Perfect debut for Joanne and a suprising new enemy for Strong is on the horizon, maybe a return to "tradition" by Tyler? Great PPV debut

Joanne is, without a doubt, one of my favorite persona's in the company right now; so much so that I've already constructed a potential stable to work with her 'bullying beauty' persona.

As for Tyler, for those who know me, I certainly have a soft spot for the man. That said, I don't plan on playing him as much as my previous creation. Here, he won't be the "Voice of Reason" but rather, as you put it, "The Traditionalist". All in all, his staging feud with Nicky Champion is bound to be a great one!
:D

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Internet/USPWdotcom.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Wrestlers/ShaneSneer.jpg

“I promise you, Heads are going to roll!! It doesn’t matter WHO you ARE… WHERE you’ve come from… WHAT allegiance you may have… HEADS…WILL…ROLL!!!”

[An exert from Sneer's commentary at the close of USPW "Frigid Fight Night"]

This was the unsettling message delivered from the snarling mouth of the multi-millionaire CEO, Shane Sneer, as his clenching grip upon the USPW was called into question. In reality, such fervor could have come from the underlying hatred still resonating between Sneer and his former commentary partner, and all-around respected ‘voice of the USPW’, Danny Jillefski; however, regardless of it’s root, the directive rang loud and clear.

Since his demotion at the open of 2010, cast out of his former executive office on high, Shane Sneer has incessantly bombarded the company he once aided with a sense of fury unmatched in USPW history. Violence, aggression, and a love for bending the rules, became his corporate mantra as the Sneer Corporation brutishly waged a war beneath the bright lights of “American Wrestling”. When asked the simple question
WHY?
we consistently received the same-old notion that THIS was not the USPW he came to love; the company he happily signed-on to lead shortly after our inception. Whether or not his stance has merit, it appears that the vindictive mastermind has nothing less than absolute redemption on his mind.

So, what will we see this week on “American Wrestling”? What does Sneer mean by ‘Heads will roll’? Will it be directed at the USPW; once again? – OR – Possibly centered on his own employees within the Sneer Corporation?

Either way, we know one thing for sure…

Heads will roll; Shane Sneer promises us that!

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Internet/USPWdotcom.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Wrestlers/EricTyler.jpg

Eric Tyler is officially removed the USPW Commentary Team; effective immediately.

One of the most shocking developments from this past Sunday at “Frigid Fight Night” was
Eric Tyler
’s mysterious
post-match assault on
the USPW’s beloved “Hawkeye”
Nicky Champion
. Hired as a color commentator shortly after Shane Sneer vowed to ‘walk his own path’, a political maneuver aimed at telling Strong that he, Sneer, was in control of his own destiny, Tyler was expected to carry out his duties behind the microphone; never intending for him to step into a new role at any point. With that in mind, news has been handed down from corporate that the weathered veteran has been removed from his post as a USPW color commentator; making the position vacant for the second time in only a month.

This leaves a glaring question in mind:
What will the USPW do about replacing Eric Tyler as their head commentator?

While the traditional route would be to add another known voice amongst the Pro Wrestling masses, corporate officials have made it well known that they plan to ‘think outside the box’ going forward. At first, we were confused as to what this could mean; that is until earlier today…

Coming straight from headquarters, USPW officials have announced that, going forward for the foreseeable future, “American Wrestling”, and all USPW PPV Events, will benefit from having a weekly special commentator. Week in-and-week-out, the names will change; however, the overall theme will remain the same:
opportunity

Men, and women, of United States Pro Wrestling will be given the opportunity to aide in the broadcast of company events alongside our long-time leading ‘voice’,
Danny Jillefski

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Angles/BelleBryden.jpg

“The Vile Vixxen” makes an impact!

In a truly historic decision, it has been announced that
“The Vile Vixxen” Belle Bryden
will act as our first special guest commentator for the upcoming episode of “American Wrestling”. A beautiful, yet manipulative, goddess, Bryden is expected to bring a new flavor to the show’s tone; relaying a unique perception of the USPW through her eyes only…

<hr color="black">
What we learned
:

Eric Tyler's hiring was meant to come to this point all along. While he worked as a color commentator, I always knew that he would, eventually, go on to 'turn' in which to feud with Nicky Champion. As time goes on, their altercation will start to make more sense; however, I wanted Eric's first attack to be as confusing as it was; mostly cause there is good reason, underlying, for why he would make such an attack.

As for the 'guest commentator' concept, when I was looking over who to potentially hire as Tyler's replacement, even looking within the company at who was available to pick up the position, It dawned upon me: Why not try something new, that I've never done before, and haven't seen a company do before as well, by having weekly special guest commentators. In time, I plan on probably finding a long term replacement but for now I'm looking forward to what this new concept will bring for A) character development B) creating a unique tone to each broadcast and C) being able to explore new ways of moving along, creating, and ending, storylines within a new approach.

Just as a side note, Bryden was chosen for a reason; not just because she happened to be the character I most wanted to get back into the thick of things.

Good stuff Eisen. Sorry I am late to the party, but I'm here. Digging the civil war you have going on.

Certainly not late, by any means, cmdrsam! Truthfully, I'm always game to hear feedback from anyone; no matter how far past the show in question.

All in all, your comments are much appreciated!

The 'Civil War' has been a lot of fun to craft up until now.... and it's only going to get better; I hope
;)

Cheers.

E-V

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Internet/PWO.jpg

EXCLUSIVE NEWS
: USPW unveils February PPV name!

Monday, First Week of February 2010

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Logos/RedWhiteBlackBlue.jpg

The USPW returns to Pay-Per-View!

It took 9 years for the USPW to officially step into the extravagant world of Pay-Per-View wrestling. It took only 24 hours for the Strong-led company to announce it’s next in line.

USPW
Red
White
, Black, and
Blue
will air at the close of February 2010; broadcasting on the final Saturday of the month. It’s been said that company officials were somewhat disheartened by the moderate buy-rate brought forth by “Frigid Fight Night”; crediting TCW’s “Malice in Wonderland 2010” as the reason for missing out on the greater wrestling public.

At this point, no matches have been announced; however, it’s expected that the much heralded ‘Civil War’ storyline will continue to rage over the next four episodes of “American Wrestling”; gradually developing the card over the next month.

Check back for more information as it becomes available…

Awesome show E-V, fitting of the 'historic' label plastered on USPW's first ppv. Looking back at my picks, although my reasoning was a little off, I felt this would be a night to remember for 'Team Strong' and this effectively followed straight on from Sneer's attempted TV takeover on the previous show to keep the pendulum of momentum swinging away from the heels. Now I'm going to ramble a bit...

From a booking perspective, a big thumbs up from me and the way the Civil War is unfolding in general as I'm glad you've resisted the temptation to turn Sneer Corp into an instantly dominatant faction. In fact, I get the impression that the first month of shows have demonstrated the limitations of Sneer Corp as a unit and (I'm guessing) that Sneer's frustration in failing to make any real in-roads so far in this struggle may see the group evolve. The blueprint of Sneer's group is essentially a one-dimension muscle stable, but outside of Baine (not an original member) and T-Rex (in the long run) they don't offer much of a credible man-for-man challenge to the likes of Enygma, Caulfield, Bruce, Justice, etc.

Anyway, enough armchair booking from me; show thoughts...

Excellent write-up as always. J-Ro's debut was pretty much everything that it needed to be to not only put across her character, but making her an immediate force in the re-tooled Womens Division. I loved the twist on Valentine's challenge, but I'm glad to see his 'streak' still intact as I said in my predictions; there's more mileage here yet. Handing Bruce & Caulfield the Tag Team straps presents an interesting dilemma considering the state of USPW's tag scene as outside of a Sneer Corp opposition, it's mainly a lot of squash fodder.

I love the concept of guest commentator rotation, that's genius, but Eric Tyler... you just couldn't help yourself could you. :p It did however make for a nice excuse to get Sneer back at the table for a bit.

Good choice of ending for T-Rex's match. If you feed him correctly over the next couple of months, you'll find his popularity makes him far more useful/viable, but right now he's just dangerous, which is great.

And finally, the Brooklyn Back-Alley Brawl, I absolutely loved the snowy-scene setting in this one. It felt like watching a John Woo film, minus the white doves and Sam Strong dishing out some post match revenge remained justified, still portraying his face-ness (coupled with Sneer's rant) - an excellent twist to end on.

+ Oh Sebs, This is why I love you.... :D

You're a writer's dream.

Awesome show E-V, fitting of the 'historic' label plastered on USPW's first ppv. Looking back at my picks, although my reasoning was a little off, I felt this would be a night to remember for 'Team Strong' and this effectively followed straight on from Sneer's attempted TV takeover on the previous show to keep the pendulum of momentum swinging away from the heels. Now I'm going to ramble a bit...

It was my focus straight away to have the heels overrun the USPW, gaining an edge in a non-competitive realm (angles), all the way leading up to the first PPV of the year. In a sense, as the USPW loyalists were trying to fend them off as single wrestlers, not working as one, it became rather obvious that they couldn't tackle such a feat alone. In time, as they came together as a tentative grouping, there was a semblance of a blow-back scenario. This is why the loyalist segment on the final episode of "AM" in January was soo important (Champion, Justice, Enygma, Caulfield, and Alicia); it was the exact moment that the feud went from a one-sided affair (the Sneer Corp tearing through the USPW without much REAL resistance) to a balanced war or sorts.

Overall, though, it's great that I was able to cultivate a 'historic' vibe for "Frigid Fight Night"!
:D
Always great to hear that you're intended tone was received by others reading.

From a booking perspective, a big thumbs up from me and the way the Civil War is unfolding in general as I'm glad you've resisted the temptation to turn Sneer Corp into an instantly dominatant faction. In fact, I get the impression that the first month of shows have demonstrated the limitations of Sneer Corp as a unit and (I'm guessing) that Sneer's frustration in failing to make any real in-roads so far in this struggle may see the group evolve. The blueprint of Sneer's group is essentially a one-dimension muscle stable, but outside of Baine (not an original member) and T-Rex (in the long run) they don't offer much of a credible man-for-man challenge to the likes of Enygma, Caulfield, Bruce, Justice, etc.

I'll be honest, at first, I was extremely tempted to book the Sneer Corporation much like the nWo was booked when they first came to power in WCW. I was quite candid in the beginning saying that, after watching the history of WCW, that such a scenario played pretty heavily upon what I was attempting to create in USPW. That said, as time went on, the Sneer Corporation evolved from a blatant nWo rip-off to something entirely different. Thankfully.

From there, at least in January, I booked them as a quintessential heel faction; great at dubious tactics, attacking others in numbers, and physically assaulting anyone in their path outside of an actual match. In reality, I may have booked them really strong from the get-go, winning countless matches in their favor, but the beginning roster was just too weak to have them go over the likes of Enygma, Caulfield, Bruce, Justice, etc. From there, I was forced to take them in a new direction.

Now, to me, Shane Sneer feels less like Eric Bischoff now and more like The Brain (from Pinky and the Brain); vile, vicious in mind, looking to overtake 'the world' USPW'; however, often over looks the glaring issues that will explode in his face. Now, for booking reasons, Sneer's plans won't always fall apart but, I guess, this shift in mindset made me look at Shane Sneer (and his corporation) entirely different; playing off of the traditional heel stereotype.

Excellent write-up as always. J-Ro's debut was pretty much everything that it needed to be to not only put across her character, but making her an immediate force in the re-tooled Womens Division.

My main goal with the women's division, and really the USPW as a whole, is to give concrete characters to follow. Unlike in my previous projects, there may be much less subtlety, as the USPW is more about black-and-white booking, but they will all posses their own persona; making it more entertaining I would believe. With that in mind, J-Ro is entirely the first example of what I'm looking to create with the division as a whole.

She's amazing in the ring, posses a great look, and now will be framed as a bullying fashonista; one that believes her beauty will ALWAYS put her ahead. In a sense, she's like the 'elite' popular crowd girls that you see in High School. They're self-absorbed, wrapped up in being cool and hot, and ultimately put EVERYONE down in hopes of cementing their own relevancy. While her attack on Strong was a little extreme, branding Alicia with "UGLY" written in lipstick, it was used to ultimately set-up the iconic feud between Alicia & J-Ro. (The 'Blue Collar Beauty' vs. 'Bullying, High Fashion, Fashonista').

I loved the twist on Valentine's challenge, but I'm glad to see his 'streak' still intact as I said in my predictions; there's more mileage here yet. Handing Bruce & Caulfield the Tag Team straps presents an interesting dilemma considering the state of USPW's tag scene as outside of a Sneer Corp opposition, it's mainly a lot of squash fodder.

@Valentine's streak:
I agree, I think there's quite more room to flesh out the story. As I type this right now, I already have an idea to move the challenge in a whole new direction starting on this next episode of "AM". I hope, in the end, that it'll help to continue to frame Valentine as one of the most hated heels in all of Pro Wrestling.

@Tag Team Dilemma:
I knew this would add much difficultly going forward; however, I felt that something was needed to be done to bring some pizazz to the division as a whole. In reality, there aren't much for teams who could really topple them, at least from a popularity standpoint, but, for now, the decision to place the tag titles on them was more to show unity between two loyalists; also turning Bruce back to a babyface following the Sneer Corp's vicious attack on him a few weeks back. That said, it's not like they'll be 'buddy-buddy'.... Giving room for them to possibly lose with time...

I love the concept of guest commentator rotation, that's genius, but Eric Tyler... you just couldn't help yourself could you. :p It did however make for a nice excuse to get Sneer back at the table for a bit.

;)

Long live "The Traditionalist".

That said, he's going to be played rather different than my DOA-version as "The Voice of Reason". His hatred of today's youth may be consistent with my former project but I'm hoping to add more of a new tone to it all.

Good choice of ending for T-Rex's match. If you feed him correctly over the next couple of months, you'll find his popularity makes him far more useful/viable, but right now he's just dangerous, which is great.

While it hasn't been too crazy yet, I've already seen his popularity rise slightly (jumping to C+ in most regions after "Frigid Fight Night"). In the end, I'm hoping to get him over enough, through booking him strongly, to really make him a big-deal in the future.

Like Champion, I feel like T-Rex is one of those 'homegrown talents' that I really want to see 'get-over' with time. In the end, I really want to create a strong USPW-specific brand through the names, faces, and persona's, that have become synonymous with USPW.

And finally, the Brooklyn Back-Alley Brawl, I absolutely loved the snowy-scene setting in this one. It felt like watching a John Woo film, minus the white doves and Sam Strong dishing out some post match revenge remained justified, still portraying his face-ness (coupled with Sneer's rant) - an excellent twist to end on.

I really wanted to create something epic for the Enygma/Baine match. That's why, when I originally thought of a January PPV with USPW, I had first thought that the event would take place in the South-East; where it's warm for such a match. However, with time, I began to really love the idea of two men fighting in a snowy, Brooklyn, Back-Alley. To me, this was more indicative of MY USPW; bruising, hardened, 'tough-as-nails', Strong-hearted American. So, as that came to mind, it all began to fall into place mentally; the falling snow, the frigid temperatures, the final "From the Darkness..." DDT into a snowbank. It all felt very iconic; which is what I'm going for with the whole 'Great American Spectacle' mentality.

With Strong, I also really wanted to close the USPW's first PPV in a truly historic fashion. In this case, Sam Strong had been held-off TV as he 'nursed' his injuries following the vicious attack by Baine & The Sneer Corporation at the close of "AM". Then, having the scenario that Strong COULD have came back but Sneer had paid off his doctors to keep him away only heightened the fact that he would be looking for revenge. When factoring all of that in with Strong's irritable, hardened, authoritative, persona; the attack became almost impossible NOT to book.

In a way, I saw it, and wrote it, as
'tough love' from a company's owner upon an insubordinate employee...

USPW Prediction Contest #1

Duration:
4 Episodes of "American Wrestling"!

The time has come to officially develop a ‘prediction challenge’ leading up to the USPW’s February PPV – “Red, White, Black, and Blue”. In the beginning, I wanted to wait a good month into my dynasty (game-wise) before I even contemplated such a notion; however, where we stand now, it seems like a great time to really get the ball rolling.

The nuts-and-bolts of this whole challenge is as follows
:

• The prediction challenge will run through the next four episodes of “American Wrestling”; ending just before “Red, White, Black, and Blue”.

• There will be weekly winners (those who have the most ‘right’ choices for each event); however, the overall standings are what will truly matter; as it pertains to the challenge as a whole.

• In the chance of a tie, two or more winners, I will reserve the right to either A) grant all winners their own ‘prize decision’ or B) pool the winners into one ‘prize decision’ (it all depends on HOW MANY people win and the prize itself).

• There may be extra points available to those willing to answer a question or two at the bottom of each card. This will be a week-by-week basis and won’t always be available unless shown.

WHAT YOU WILL WIN
:

The winner, or winners, of the 1st USPW ‘Prediction Challenge’ will be granted the opportunity to exclusively influence the career of their favorite USPW ‘rassler. What I mean by this is, said winner(s) will accept the grandiose role of being the ‘fan-vote’; as it pertains to WHO will challenge for the USPW World Championship on the “American Wrestling” broadcast directly after the USPW’s February PPV – “Red, White, Black, and Blue”!

Anyone on the roster…

No matter where they lie on the pecking order…

Regardless of their disposition…

If you win the first-ever USPW ‘Prediction Contest’ then you’ll be able to make such a decision; possibly changing the landscape of the American juggernaut, USPW, for years-to-come!

So, while I know that it can be rather hard to really put any sort of comprehensive thought into predictions, often winning more out of luck than ‘skill’, I hope that this first prize is somewhat interesting to any, and all, out there. While it may look like I’m pandering, opening the floor in which to drum up support, it should be known that I truly relish in the unknown. With this, I have NO IDEA who could potentially be viaing for the title straight after our next PPV; that’s something that intrigues me as a writer/creator.

Cheers.

E-V

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/AmericanWrestling/USPW.jpg

Episode #5

Wednesday, 1st Week of February 2010

Huntsville Fairground (South East)

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/EVexperience/flag_banner2.jpg

“The Ancient Demon” Anger vs. “The Animal” Randall Hopkirk

After failing to defeat The Force last week on “American Wrestling” it seemed as though Anger had done exactly that; angered his boss in Shane Sneer. Now, one week later, one would expect that the “Ancient Demon” would certainly have a lot to prove. Will the aging veteran have what it takes to ‘prove his worth’ to Mr. Sneer? – OR – Will another loss finally sink Anger’s Sneer Corp tenure? Either way, the menacing old-man is bound to have his hands full when stepping into the ring with such a firecracker as “The Animal” Randall Hopkirk!

The People’s Team vs. The Towers of Power

The former USPW World Tag Team Champions appear to be at an unsettling crossroads; one plagued by a lingering question:
Why did Des Davids walk-out on Freddie Datsun at “Frigid Fight Night”?
In reality, no one, outside of Davids, really knows why this all came to be. In the end, regardless of why he may have walked, this week, the former champions must put aside their differences, at least, one more time; teaming in which to take on their long-time rivals in the Towers of Power. Can Davids and Datsun work as one; even after Davids walked out on his own partner at “Frigid Fight Night”? – OR – Will their mounting issues continually drive their celebrated pairing straight into the ground; in this case, giving the Sneer-led Towers of Power a big-time victory? At least we know for sure that THESE questions will eventually find an answer. As for why Davids walked out? We may never know for sure…

Alicia Strong and Andre Jones vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Darryl Devine

[Mixed-Gender Tag Match]

Two heated rivalries sharing one squared circle; this is the tone already circulating around our mixed-gender tag match this week! While their hatred for one another may be different in how they came to be, the overriding truth is that neither tandem likes the other all that much. In reality, revenge, as it does most often in Pro Wrestling, certainly hovers around this match-up as Jones & Strong both have an axe-to-grind with their newfound enemies. Whether it’s gaining revenge for being humiliated at “Frigid Fight Night” with the usage of lipstick smearing in a bullying fashion, or gaining footing after a dubious loss a week back, there appears to be A LOT riding on this, potentially, crazed scenario.

Jumbo Jackson vs. Tribal Warrior

Coming up short at “Frigid Fight Night”, losing to Nicky Champion in the process, it’s expected that the gigantic powerhouse, Jumbo Jackson, is looking to swing the pendulum of his career back into full-force. Truthfully, while ideal to do so, he stands before another ravaging big-man with a towering temper in the Tribal Warrior. Can Jumbo regain his upswing; appeasing his snarling leader, Shane Sneer, in the process? – OR – Will the Samoan ‘Wrecking-Ball’ crush another poor soul; rebounding his own career as well?

Nicky Champion vs. “The Jurassic Power” T-Rex
w/ Sheik Mustafa

It should come as no shock to anyone that Nicky Champion, outside of the USPW World Champion himself, Enygma, is the ‘public enemy #1’ to the bruising Sneer Corporation. With this in mind, knowing that he’s been widely dubbed as ‘the future’ of the company they disdain greatly, there’s bound to be a hellacious scenario set for the young “Hawkeye” when he steps into the ring with Sneer’s big-muscle, T-Rex. Can Strong’s well-documented protégé continue to roll; putting down, yet another, Sneer Corporation member in singles combat? – OR – Will the “Jurassic Power” himself viciously dismantle another USPW ‘loyalist’ in menacing fashion? All in all, it’s bound to be a true… Spectacle.

Bruce the Giant vs. Enygma

[steel Cage Match]

[Non-Title Match]

Attempting to move on with business as usual, actually granting the legit #1 contender with a chance to compete against the heralded champ, Sam Strong has announced that this week’s main event will pit the two mountainous USPW figures in a fairground-shaking match. In reality, their pairing would be enough to draw intense interest; however, Strong took the situation one step farther; adding a steel cage in which to keep outside interests at bay (ie: Sneer Corporation). In the end, in their first match-up since Bruce was officially declared the new #1 Contender just a few short weeks ago, the impending championship battle comes to “American Wrestling” in a non-title fashion; giving both competitors a chance to ‘feel out’ the other before the title is ACTUALLY placed on the line. Will the Herculean big-man prove to be a TRUE threat to Enygma’s gold; coming away with a preceding non-title victory? – OR – Will the ‘Darkened Savior’ overcome the odds; standing tall as the mysterious force we’ve come to celebrate since he emerged from the Darkness in USPW? Only time will tell…

Also…

Following a dismal showing at “Frigid Fight Night”, the Sneer Corporation CEO himself,
Shane Sneer
, has announced that THIS episode of “American Wrestling” will stand as a “moment of clarity” for his menacing organization. What this means, we have no idea. With that said; however, when taking his final words this past Sunday into account, it’s been projected that Sneer will, potentially, be holding evaluations of his corporate employees.
[/center]

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/AmericanWrestling/Legends.jpg

<hr color="black">
"American Wrestling": Episode #5

Anger vs. Randall Hopkirk

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Question:
Although not booked to wrestle,
WHO
is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? [+1 Point]

Sneer is losing it with Anger

No doubt, Des could leave again but TOP will be the team to topple Chris Caulfied and Bruce, so get building them!

Challenger over champion, new girl momentum over strong

Corp needs building to beat team USPW

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Rex still looks strong though, although I'm tempted to go the other way

Sneer kills the match

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? Looked through the whole thread for clues and found nothing so I though Nicky Champion or Chris Caulfield, but Tyler is dealing with Champion, Caulfield is in the odd couple tag team so I can't think so I'll go for The Force since he actually spoke to PV at the PPV (that is what PPV stands for "Pay for Peter Valentine")

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"?

The Force

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"?

Jim Force

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/EVexperience/Characters2.jpg

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/Wrestlers/AndreJones.jpg

Andre Jones ©

USPW Television Champion

Gimmick:
“Da Freak”

It’s pretty obvious that Andre Jones is rather bland from a personality stand-point. His delivery is rather stale, his perspective entirely rooted in a ‘garden-variety’ babyface mentality, and the simple projection of a smile feels rather forced. With that in mind, luckily, for the former ‘Supreme Standout’, his explosive nature within the squared circle is ultimately what has branded him as exciting.

Dubbed as “Da Freak” for his intensely wound, incessantly explosive, in-ring styling, Jones has made quite the impression upon the USPW landscape; speeding his way directly toward the Television Championship in the process.

In the end, while his entertainment value certainly doesn’t lie in the traditional sense (ie: promos), Andre has become quite the undercard fixture due to his jaw-dropping approach to in-ring combat.

I guess, when stacked up against the likes of Giants, anyone willing to bounce around the ring at a speedier pace is ultimately going to gain some extensive attention. In reality, his persona may need some inevitable fine-tuning as we move forward into 2010; however, at this point, his Freakish, high-impact, overtly athletic, in-ring approach certainly brings him into the bright lights of “American Wrestling”.

Character Buzzwords:
Explosive, Athletic, Determined, Honorable, Densely Toned.

Fun Fact:
For being an explosive wrestler, often relying more on a high-impact approach between the ropes, Andre Jones also possess a considerable amount of strength for a middleweight wrestler; utilizing his toned muscular physique to transition to a power-game when faced with an equal, or smaller, sized opponent.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/EV_USPW/AmericanWrestling/Legends.jpg

<hr color="black">
These posts will be done as if you were listening to Erik Vincent speak exclusively about his character creations in USPW. The fun thing for me is, now, I have a better chance of getting across exactly how I would like these characters to be seen/heard/felt. In writing, I'm trying my best to convey each character but know that things can get lost in translation. With this in mind, I will occasionally post write-ups much like the one above in which to better describe the gimmick's for those characters important enough to have such a focus.

I hope you enjoyed reading it! Also, I hope this brings you, the reader, closer to the project as a whole; as you may now have a more vested interest the characters if you feel like you 'know them'.

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Question:
Although not booked to wrestle,
WHO
is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? [+1 Point]

Anger fails to beat Hopkirk and then gets kicked out of Sneer Corp for being too 'weak'.

People's Team appear to be heading for a break up and besides the Tower's make for better foes for Caulfield/Bruce in competing for the tag titles.

Heels have the edge in this one, J-Ro continues to get one over on Strong and Devine maintains his TV Title challenge credentials.

Jumbo get's the win and staves off feeling the wrath of Sneer.

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

DQ win for Champion, when T-Rex fails to release the Jurassic Crush following a rope break.

As with other's just get the feeling Sneer will stick his oar in and this does end up in some kind of chaotic schmozz despite the prescence of a Cage to 'keep inteference out'.

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? [+1 Point]

I'll follow the crowd this time, Jim Force seems the most obvious answer and by all accounts also the most logical.

I agree with Tigerkinney here, Anger is obvious casualty when Sneer Corporation starts cutting their members.

I could see Towers losing and kicked out from the Sneer Corporation but People´s Team cannot co-exist after what happened in PPV so I don´t really have any faith on them winning here.

Alicia gets a win back here but Devine eats the pin.

Much like with Towers I could see Jumbo losing but Tribal Warrior has been totally unimportant so far and thus it´s hard for me to see him going over Jumbo.

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Possibly another DQ loss for Rex, though Tyler or someone from Sneer´s stable could easily cost Nicky this one as well.

non-title so I go with champ losing this time and winning when it really counts.

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? [+1 Point]

No idea really, Force is likely the right option but on storyline perspective I don´t see why Valentine would want to face him after he already beated Force twice so I go with Freddie Datsun instead

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

PV will be after the Force....it seems that Force gave him the biggest threat in the PPV

Nicky Champion vs. T-Rex

Question: Although not booked to wrestle, WHO is Peter Valentine gunning for on "American Wrestling"? [+1 Point] Chris Caulfield

Archived