TNA 2002: Hitting The Restart Button

>

>

>

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/2xzonecom.gif

MARK CUBAN OPENS WRESTLING PROMOTION

Posted Thursday, April 25th 2002

It's been well documented that Mark Cuban has always had an interest in becoming apart of the wrestling business, whether by working in collaboration with another promotion, using his business sense to aid in the growth of a smaller company. But never had anyone suspected this. The multi-billion dollar businessman has struck a deal with the National Wrestling Alliance, and has filed for the promotion NWA: Total Non-Stop Action to be born.

What this means for the wrestling business one can only imagine. Is Cuban looking to compete with the juggernaut known as the World Wrestling Federation, whom at the moment are engaged in legal proceedings with the World Wildlife Fund, or is Cuban looking to concentrate on offering an alternative to the fans of professional wrestling. When reached for comment, a spokesperson for Cuban said.

"Mr. Cuban has always had an interest in the sport of professional wrestling, and hopes that this venture will not only be a success, but also give the loyal fans of the sport an opportunity to see something different from the norm."

Whether, or not this means that he is looking to compete is a mystery, but he's definitely made a big step in that direction, as earlier today rumors have started to circulate that former "WCW President", Eric Bischoff has been seen leaving The Pavillion, where the front offices of the Dallas Mavericks franchise is located. Coincidence, or is Bischoff working with Cuban in this new venture. Only time will tell.

We'll do our best to keep you up to date on the latest from this blockbuster announcement, as well as any rumors on whom will be signed to the debut roster of the company.

2xZone.com Blogger - Chuck Pistrana

>

>

>

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/TNA.jpg

NWA: Total Non-Stop Action

Owner: Mark Cuban

Vice President: Eric Bischoff

Head Booker: Eric Bischoff

Based Out Of: South East Region of The United States

Size: Cult

Finance: 2.5 Million Dollars

Roster

Babyface

AJ Styles

"American Dragon" Bryan Danielson

Chris Candido

Christian York

Delirious

Joel Maximo

Joey Matthews

Jose Maximo

Low Ki

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Sonny Siaki

Super Crazy

The Amazing Red

Heel

Aaron Aguilera

Bison

CM Punk

Frost

Johnny Devine

Johnny Kashmere

Juventud Guerrera

Ken Anderson

K.I.D Kash

Matt Striker

Psicosis

Scotty Mac

Shaggy 2 Dope

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas

Trent Acid

Violent J

Tag Teams

The Backseat Boyz
(Trent Acid/Johnny Kashmere)

The Insane Clown Posse
(Shaggy 2 Dope/Violent J)

The Spanish Announce Team
(Jose Maximo/Joel Maximo)

York & Matthews
(Christian York/Joey Matthews)

Staff

TNA Broadcast Team:
Joey Styles & Dave Prazak

TNA Referees:
Mark "Slick" Johnson, "Mean" Mike Posey, "Sexual White Chocolate" Sean Hanson

TNA Behind The Curtain:
Bill Dundee, Johnny Rodz, Rick Martel

>

>

>

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/NWAWorldHeavyweight.jpg

The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Heavyweight Championship is a professional wrestling world heavyweight championship in the National Wrestling Alliance. Its lineage has been traced from the first World Heavyweight Championship, which traces its lineage to George Hackenschmidt's 1905 title, and Frank Gotch's 1908 version. This effectively makes it the oldest surviving wrestling championship in the world. The title has been competed for in such well-known promotions as World Championship Wrestling (WCW), Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), and now, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).

Current Champion: Rey Mysterio Jr.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/ReyMysterio.jpg

TNA History

6/5/02
-
Rey Mysterio Jr.
def.
Super Crazy/Psicosis/The Juice

TNA X-Division Championship

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/TNAXDivision.jpg

The TNA X Division Championship is a professional wrestling championship owned by the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) promotion. It is primarily defended in TNA's X Division—a style based on a fast-paced, daredevil type of wrestling.

Current Champion: AJ Styles

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/AJStyles2.jpg

TNA History

6/5/02
-
AJ Styles wins 10-Man Battle Royal

NWA World Tag Team Championship

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/NWAWorldTagTeam.jpg

The National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) World Tag Team Championship is the professional wrestling world tag team championship within the NWA framework.

Current Champion(s): The Insane Clown Posse

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/Shaggy2Dope.jpghttp://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/ViolentJ.jpg

TNA History

6/5/02
-
The Insane Clown Posse
def.
York & Matthews/The Spanish Announce Team/The Backseat Boyz

I like that in the Roster, light heavyweights are prefered, so the best piece of TNA (the X Division) is the most dominant force.But Eric Bishoff as the Head Booker,I wold sign Gabe Sapolsky or someone who else booking ROH,PWG or other Indy Promotions now, cause Bishoff´s booking is rated on popular names and Mainstream wrestling like the WCW.

Its just a Idea.

I wish you luck on your new TNA project.

I like that in the Roster, light heavyweights are prefered, so the best piece of TNA (the X Division) is the most dominant force.But Eric Bishoff as the Head Booker,I wold sign Gabe Sapolsky or someone who else booking ROH,PWG or other Indy Promotions now, cause Bishoff´s booking is rated on popular names and Mainstream wrestling like the WCW.

Its just a Idea.

I wish you luck on your new TNA project.

I thought about that, but when I thought about if Mark Cuban were to start up a wrestling promotion, he would more then likely bring in the best to help him out. And no offense to Gabe fans, but Bischoff would be the the guy I call. Thanks for the well wishes.

"

"

"

NWA:TNA ANNOUNCE FIRST SHOW

Posted Friday, May 24th 2002

It was just under a month ago that Mark Cuban announced the beginning of NWA: Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling. Today, news of the TNA camp suggests that the company are poised to present their inaugural card. As anticipated as it may be, a lot of people in the wrestling community are skeptical as to whether or not the company can succeed based on the released roster of talent that surfaced on the internet a couple of weeks ago.

The most interesting of those named has to be a wrestler by the name of Frost, formally known as Glacier in World Championship Wrestling. After hearing this, most have written off the company, as the pure hatred of that character has caused fans to turn away from this "different approach" to wrestling. Add to this that TNA is only available via Pay Per View, one wonders if fans are going to be willing to pay to watch a product that they have yet to get behind.

2xZone has received a preview of that card, so you can judge for yourself whether it will be worth your money to order this on Pay Per View. I know that I'm interested, and will be watching.

-----------------------------------------------------------

TNA on PPV

Live From The Allen Arena in Nashville, TN.

June 5th, 2002

Super Lottery Four Way Dance Championship Match

? vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?

In this, the inaugural show for TNA, four men will get the opportunity to challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in this completely random lottery draw.

10-Man Battle Royal

Featuring

Bryan Danielson - AJ Styles - CM Punk - K.I.D Kash - Frost - Scotty Mac - Aaron Aguilera - Matt Striker - Sonny Siaki - Ken Anderson

TNA is looking to crown the very first TNA X-Division Champion in this battle royal style match where you can win by pinfall, submission, or by throwing your opponent over the top rope, and out to the floor.

Four Way Dance

The Spanish Announce Team vs. York & Matthews vs. The Backseat Boyz vs. The Insane Clown Posse

The vacant Tag Team titles hang in the balance as these four teams meet looking to secure the gold. Victory occur when all other three teams have been eliminated.

Shane Douglas vs. Chris Candido

There was a time when these two men were friends, and allies. And when they were both brought into TNA, The Franchise thought it would be a great time to renew the partnership. Chris Candido however has other plans, and has no intention on teaming with Douglas, leading to a match between the two.

Bison vs. The Amazing Red

The man they call Bison is one of the most menacing forces in TNA, and has stated on more then one occasion that he's looking to become the NWA World Heavyweight champion. But Amazing Red is one of the hottest talents in the sport today whose has his own point to prove, and by beating the bigger, and clearly stronger Bison will do wonders to prove it.

Predictions Key

World Championship: Guess, pick doesn't count towards total.

X-Division Championship: Bryan Danielson - AJ Styles - CM Punk - K.I.D Kash - Frost - Scotty Mac - Aaron Aguilera - Matt Striker - Sonny Siaki - Ken Anderson

Tag Team Championship: The Spanish Announce Team vs. York & Matthews vs. The Backseat Boyz vs. The Insane Clown Posse

I thought about that, but when I thought about if Mark Cuban were to start up a wrestling promotion, he would more then likely bring in the best to help him out. And no offense to Gabe fans, but Bischoff would be the the guy I call. Thanks for the well wishes.

Yeah I can see that being plausible. After all, there wasn't exactly a shortage of name talent around at that time - provided someone was ready and willing to pay for it.

The roster does have a bit of an indy-wet dream feel about it, but then I'm sure Bischoff has been on record somewhere stating that he wanted to keep WCW alive by running it from one venue with an core of smaller/lightweight talent.

As for Cuban, I'd expect his love of MMA to show up somehow, so in my eyes you're missing one critical roster member who also ties back to Bischoff... Tank Abbott :p

Yeah I can see that being plausible. After all, there wasn't exactly a shortage of name talent around at that time - provided someone was ready and willing to pay for it.

The roster does have a bit of an indy-wet dream feel about it, but then I'm sure Bischoff has been on record somewhere stating that he wanted to keep WCW alive by running it from one venue with an core of smaller/lightweight talent.

As for Cuban, I'd expect his love of MMA to show up somehow, so in my eyes you're missing one critical roster member who also ties back to Bischoff... Tank Abbott :p

...Your like a mind reader. I was so close to pulling the trigger on the Tank, then I dropped the idea, but itès always still open. Also had Shamrock on the mind... But god, I hate Shamrock.

Predictions Key

World Championship: Low Ki vs CM Punk vs Shane Douglas vs AJ Styles

X-Division Championship: Bryan Danielson - AJ Styles - CM Punk - K.I.D Kash - Frost - Scotty Mac - Aaron Aguilera - Matt Striker - Sonny Siaki - Ken Anderson

Tag Team Championship: The Spanish Announce Team vs. York & Matthews vs. The Backseat Boyz vs. The Insane Clown Posse

NWA Heavyweight: Jeff Jarrett

X-Division Championship: Bryan Danielson - AJ Styles - CM Punk - K.I.D Kash -

Frost - Scotty Mac - Aaron Aguilera - Matt Striker - Sonny Siaki - Ken Anderson

World Championship: Jeff Jarrett

Where are Chris Harris and James Storm ? :(

Might bring in Most Wanted, but I'm not too sure. I'm not all the far ahead in the game itself, and things have already gotten a little wacky. Maybe the lack of sleep is to blame, but it's certainly an interesting start to say the very least.

Anyway, hoping to have the first show up by sometime Saturday, and if not then definitely Sunday. Get those predictions in!

World Championship: Sonny Siaki

World Championship: Shane Douglas

TNA on PPV

Live From The Allen Arena in Nashville, TN.

Joey Styles:
Hello, and WELCOME everyone to TNA on pay per view, I’m Joey Styles alongside Dave Prazak, and Dave what a night this is going to be inside The Allen Arena here in Nashville.

Dave Prazak:
The very first time that Total Non-Stop Action wrestling hit’s the television screen, and so many big matches, I can’t wait to get this thing started.

Joey Styles:
And it looks like our commander, and chief Mark Cuban is on his way out here now. And listen to this crowd.

Dave Prazak:
Mark Cuban, billionaire businessman, and now professional wrestling mogul, heading down to what is his ring, the NWA:TNA ring.

Joey Styles:
And lets head into that ring, and see what the owner has to say…

Mark Cuban:
What’s up Nashville! Welcome to TNA! For those of you who don’t know who I am, my name is Mark Cuban, and I just saved the wrestling business. I’m the owner of NWA:TNA, and tonight, we change the face of the sport of professional wrestling. And I wanted to come out here, and thank each, and every one of you for coming out, and supporting our cause. So now that that’s out of the way, lets get this thing started, Gary if you will…

Joey Styles:
Wait a minute here now, it looks like someone is on their way out here.

Dave Prazak:
You better believe someone is on his way out, it’s Easy E, it’s Eric Bischoff, and it looks like he’s got something he wants to get off his chest.

Joey Styles:
Take it away Eric Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff:
Mark… Mark… Mark… It’s great that you want to come out here, and welcome these people to TNA, and show them your appreciation for buying their ticket, but lets face it Mark, they didn’t buy their ticket to come here, and see you. No, no… See, these people bought their ticket to come to TNA, because they knew that I, Eric Bischoff, was going to be in the building. That’s why they came here Mark. You see, I ran the biggest wrestling promotion off all time. I’m the mind behind the biggest faction in the sport of professional wrestling, I’m the guy who turned the sport upside down. And they fans came here to watch me do it all again.

Mark Cuban:
Eric… I realize your credentials in this business, and all the work you’ve done, and I can respect that. But what I also realize is that you took that, and destroyed it. That’s not going to happen here in TNA. Which is why your in the position your in, as a consultant, and not the guy in charge. We’ll leave the big boy decisions up to me.

Eric Bischoff:
Is that what you think Cuban, that your running the show!!!

Mark Cuban:
No Eric, that’s not what I think… That’s what I know. And from now on, it’s Mr. Cuban. Now Gary, lets get this thing under way. B-

Four Way Dance

The Spanish Announce Team vs. York & Matthews vs. The Backseat Boyz vs. The Insane Clown Posse

In the very first match of NWA:TNA, the World Tag titles were contested in a match that had four teams looking not only to become the first tag champions in TNA’s history, but also to have the first victory under the TNA banner. A lot of quick action, which most of the fans in attendance had never seen before, with the Maximo brothers using their incredible aerial attack to take apart their opponents. In unison, both Maximo’s would execute suicide plancha’s onto all four other men in the match. Unfortunately, Joel wouldn’t be able to recover after taking a bad bump, and the Maximo’s were eliminated.

Almost instantly following The S.A.T’s elimination at the hands of Johnny Kashmere, Christian York would hit the ring, and nearly take Kashmere’s head off with a clean super kick, allowing York to get the pinfall, and eliminate The Backseat Boyz. Which brought the match down to York & Matthews taking on I.C.P.

York & Matthews continued the fast pace, using their quickness to elude the Posse, and hitting the skies on more then one occasion, coming incredibly close to picking on the win more then once. With everything looking to be going the way of York & Matthews, the crowd were really getting into it. But a misplaced clothesline from Matthews that would take referee Sean Hanson out the match momentarily would be costly, as Violent J took the opportunity to grab a steal chair from ringside, and blasting Matthews over the head. With the referee coming too just in time to count the three, The Insane Clown Posse win the match, and are crowned the new NWA World Tag Team Champions.
E+

Seeing Bison in person really puts into perspective the size, and stature of the man. And when standing across the ring from the smaller Red. From the ring of the bell however, it was Red that was on the offensive, doing whatever possible to chop down the big tree. Running off the ropes, Red goes flying into Bison who catches Red, and destroys him with a back breaker. And it just got worse for Red. The eventual Bison Bomb later, and Bison picks up the win.
D-

10-Man Battle Royal

Featuring

Bryan Danielson - AJ Styles - CM Punk - K.I.D Kash - Frost - Scotty Mac - Aaron Aguilera - Matt Striker - Sonny Siaki - Ken Anderson

Tensions, and excitement were high within the crowd when these ten, young athletes entered the ring, the most attention going towards AJ Styles, CM Punk, and Bryan Danielson. Although starting off, it was Scotty Mac who had the peoples attention trying a flying cross body into Frost, who moved out of the way, causing Mac to go over the top rope, and out to the floor.

Scotty Mac has been eliminated

The match continued, and K.I.D Kash spent most of the match working over AJ Styles, while the rest would circulate amongst each other. Ken Anderson would hit a move, then taunt to the crowd, then hit another move. Unfortunately during one of these instances, he ran into a poised Sonny Siaki who would throw him over the ropes, and eliminate Anderson.

Ken Anderson has been eliminated

Instantly following Anderson’s elimination, Frost would come out of nowhere with his patented Cryonic Kick, knocking him clean out. Frost would pin Siaki, and eliminate him via pinfall.

Sonny Siaki has been eliminated

The match would continue with each man causing the same amount of damaged to one another. A number of very close eliminations, and an incredible high spot from AJ Styles are thrown in to keep the fans guessing as to what’s going to happen next. Joey Styles would belt out his “OH my GAWD!!!” catchphrase, followed by Prazak also going a little nutty over AJ’s spot. Frost would then try to take advantage of AJ by stalking him, and setting up another Cryonic Kick, but before he could connect, Bryan Danielson would attack, taking him to the mat, and locking in Cattle Mutilation. Almost instantly, Frost would submit, causing his elimination.

Frost has been eliminated

And as Danielson releases the hold, Matt Striker tries to eliminate him. Danielson would turn the momentum into his favor, heaving Striker over the top, and out to the floor.

Matt Striker has been eliminated

With five men remaining in the match, the crowd was really into the action. A lot of fast paced combat continued on as Kash, and Aaron Aguilera double teamed AJ, while Danielson, and Punk met on the other side of the ring. AJ would find a way to get back in the match, fighting off both Kash, and Aguilera. Aguilera would try to clothesline AJ, who would pull down the top rope, sending Aguilera over, out, and eliminated.

Aaron Aguilera has been eliminated

Kash would get right back on the offensive, working AJ in the corner, while Punk continued his assault on Danielson. Kash, and Punk would then try to work together, irish whipping their foes into each other. But a quick reversal would change the tide. When Kash, and Punk ran into each other, AJ, and Danielson would use there dazed state to eliminate both men simultaneously.

K.I.D Kash & CM Punk have been eliminated

After the eliminations, Danielson turned around a second too late as AJ was poised, and ready with a boot to the gut, which is the set up for the Styles Clash. AJ would hit the Styles Clash, and win the match via pinfall, becoming the very first TNA X-Division champion.

Bryan Danielson has been eliminated

AJ Styles wins, and is the new TNA X-Division champion.
D+

The next match seen The Franchise against Chris Candido, who spent the opening of the contest yelling at each other about how “they used to be partners.” Face to face, the two continued to argue when finally Douglas would slap Candido in the face, and the match is under way. The two veteran’s would battle it out, using old-school, technical wrestling that put some fans to sleep, while others, the true wrestling fans, appreciate the work being done. With Candido having the upper hand, it looked like everything was going his way, The Franchise would duck under a clothesline, roll up Candido, and with a handful of tights pick up the win.
D-

Following the match, The Franchise would hit the floor, and start heading up the ramp. Dave Prazak would meet him halfway, and stop him.

Dave Prazak:
Franchise… Franchise… Congrats on the big win here tonight.

Shane Douglas:
You see… You see what just happened here Dave. I just proved why I’m The Franchise by beating Chris Candido here tonight. Chris… I gave you the chance to join forces with me, to become the dominant force that we once were. But no, you had to be the selfish person that you are, and only think about yourself. And now look… You’ve just been Franchised.

Franchise, with a smile on his face continues to head up the ramp, and to the back. Candido stands in the ring, disappointed.
E

Super Lottery Four Way Dance Championship Match

? vs. ? vs. ? vs. ?

Prior to the match starting, TNA Owner Mark Cuban would come back out with a lottery barrel, and stand at the top of the entrance.

Mark Cuban:
Alright fans, it’s now time to decide who will challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. So lets not waste any time, and get this thing rolling.

Cuban spins the barrel, and opens the latch, taking out one of the capsules. He opens the capsule, and reads the name.

Mark Cuban:
Well here’s a bit of a surprise, the first contestant in the match…

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/SuperCrazyAAF2.jpg

SUPER CRAZY

Cuban then takes out the second capsule, and does the same.

Mark Cuban:
This can’t be right… The second competitor in the match.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/Psicosis.jpg

PSICOSIS

Mark Cuban:
Alright fans, lets see who’s next in the draw… Whoa! Alright, the next man out is…

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/JuventudGuerrera.jpg

“THE JUICE” JUVENTUD GUERRERA

Cuban pulls out the last capsule, and announces the last competitor in the match.

Mark Cuban:
And introducing the last man challenging for the NWA World Championship…

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/ReyMysterio.jpg

REY MYSTERIO JR.

Following the last announcement, Eric Bischoff’s music hit’s the speakers, and he comes out with a huge smile on his face. Holding a mic, the music stops, and Bischoff starts to speak.

Eric Bischoff:
You see Mark, I’m running the show. There is your main event, and… Your welcome!

Super Crazy vs. Psicosis vs. The Juice vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

The match doesn’t start off the quickly as you would think, with all four men measuring each other, and waiting for someone to make the first move. The crowd is on their feet, as they weren’t expecting these four men to be anywhere near this match, or in TNA. After the taunting stopped, The Juice attacked Mysterio leaving Crazy, and Psicosis to battle. Both pairs break off into their own separate fights. Crazy knocks Psicosis out to the floor, and he looks to the crowd. With everyone on their feet, Crazy suicide dives out onto the floor, taking out Psicosis, and himself in the process, leaving Juvi, and Rey in the ring.

Fast forwarding to the end of the match, Crazy, and Psicosis are in amongst the crowd battling, with Juvi, and Rey still in the ring. From out of nowhere, The Juice nails The Juvi Driver, planting Rey in the ring. The Juice hit’s the top rope, and signals for the 450 Splash. But he way have taken a little too much time, as when he leapt off the rope, Rey moved out of the way, and Juice crashed to the mat. Holding his stomach, Juice stumbles around the ring giving Rey enough time to get to the top rope. Rey leaps, and connects with his top rope Hurricanranna, grasping the legs on impact, and getting the win via pinfall to become the NWA World Heavyweight champion.
C+

Show Rating: C-

Cool main event line-up... Mexicool in fact. I liked the lottery concept in general. Bischoff certainly didn't waste any time reverting to douche-mode, but I'm wondering whether he has some sort of iron-clad contract or something that allows him to completely undermine Cuban so soon?

Cool main event line-up... Mexicool in fact. I liked the lottery concept in general. Bischoff certainly didn't waste any time reverting to douche-mode, but I'm wondering whether he has some sort of iron-clad contract or something that allows him to completely undermine Cuban so soon?

Thanks for the comments, I was wondering what people thought about whats been happening thus far. Much appreciated.

Predictions wise, here's how people did. Remember, the main event predictions didn't count towards the total as nobody in the match was announced on the roster.

Nithas - 3/4

MichiganHero - 2/4

Cooljazz123 - 1/4

Nest - 1/4

BoomKing - 1/4

Congrats go out to Nithas for taking the very early lead. Each prediction contest will go the length of 5 shows, so continue your predictions. Thanks again.

>

>

>

REY MYSTERIO JR BECOME NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Posted Thursday, June 6th 2002

Last night, history was made when Rey Mysterio Jr became the NWA World Heavyweight champion for the very first time by defeating Psicosis, Super Crazy, and Juventud Guerrera at the debut show for TNA on PPV. The match itself was a terrific surprise for those in attendance as TNA were able to keep the involvement of the four men under wraps until the match was put on. This marks the very first NWA World champion under the TNA banner, and it's the first time in recent memory where a crusierweight has held the main title for a major wrestling promotion. To call TNA a major wrestling promotion at this stage of the game seems a little hasty, but given the product they presented last night, I think it's safe to say that they are definitely on the right track to making a big splash in the industry. If they can continue to keep the ball rolling with their next installment remains to be seen. Below, you'll find the next card line-up.

TNA on PPV

Live From The Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa, OK.

June 12th, 2002

Rey Mysterio Jr. & Super Crazy vs. The Juice & Psicosis

This week's main event match features the four men that were involved in last weeks main event, only this time they've teamed with each other. The new NWA World champion, Rey Mysterio Jr. teams with Super Crazy while The Juice teams with Psicosis. With Juvi, and Psicosis' intentions more then clear, can Super Crazy put aside his desire to be NWA World champion long enough to team with Mysterio, and get the victory...

NWA X-Division Championship

AJ Styles© vs. K.I.D Kash

Fresh off his win in the 10-man battle royal to crown the first X-Division champion, AJ Styles is already thrown in to defend his title, and in this particular instance, it's against a man whom had a great showing in the battle royal, K.I.D Kash. Can AJ keep his momentum rolling, and efend his title, or will Kash make good of his opportunity, and take the newly won title from AJ.

The Insane Clown Posse vs. York & Matthews

The I.C.P became the NWA Tag Team champions in a shady fashion over York & Matthews in the Four Way Dance last week, and this week, York & Matthews are looking for redemption. The condition for this match... I.C.P are not looking to defend their titles. York & Matthews have agreed, and this non-title match is on.

The Backseat Boyz vs. The Spanish Announce Team

On the other side of the Four Way Dance for the NWA Tag titles had these two teams, both of whom are looking to bounce back big, and place themselves into the title picture. Plus, its a chance to get a little redemption on either team who really took it to each other during the title match.

Delirious vs. Frost

Frost didn't have the best go during the X-Division Championship battle royal last week, and looks to bounce back this week when taking on the debuting Delirious, who is one of the strangest characters in the sport of professional wrestling, let alone TNA. But as odd as he may be, he has a bit of a following who'll be in full force when he makes his debut.

Predictions Key

Rey Mysterio Jr/Super Crazy vs. The Juice/Psicosis

X-Division Championship: AJ Styles© vs. K.I.D Kash

Delirious vs. Frost

Rey Mysterio Jr/Super Crazy vs. The Juice/Psicosis

X-Division Championship: AJ Styles© vs. K.I.D Kash

Delirious vs. Frost

TNA on PPV

Live From The Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa, OK.

Joey Styles:
Hello fans, and WELCOME to TNA on PPV live from the Tulsa Convention Center, and what a night of wrestling we have for you tonight. With me as always is my broadcast partner Dave Prazak, and Dave, in tonight’s main event, the new NWA World Heavyweight champion, Rey Mysterio Jr, teams up with someone he beat for the title last week in Super Crazy, and they take on the other two men involved in last weeks title match, The Juice, and Psicosis.

Dave Prazak:
That’s proper Joey, and I think that this is going to be more of a 3-on-1 then a tag team match. How can Super Crazy actually team with a guy holding a title that he wants.

Joey Styles:
Because he’s a consummate professional, that’s why. But adding to that match, the X-Division Championship is up for grabs when AJ Styles defends his newly won title again K.I.D Kash.

Dave Prazak:
And AJ’s reign as champion is going to be a short one. K.I.D is determined, and after coming close to being champion last week, he’s looking to take the title here tonight.

Joey Styles:
And it looks like the owner of TNA, Mark Cuban is on his way out here.

Dave Prazak:
He way be the owner Joey, but the guy calling the shots… That’s Eric Bischoff! Did you see the look on Cuban’s face last week during that lottery, he had no idea that any of those four men were even under contract. Is that an owner Joey?

Joey Styles:
You mean when Eric Bischoff undermined Mark Cuban… Lets just head into the ring with the own of TNA.

Mark Cuban:
What’s up TULSA! I just wanted to congratulate Rey Mysterio on his championship victory last week. He’s going to be a true champion, and I’m happy that he’s leading the way for the birth of NWA TNA. As for the rumors going around asking whether or not I knew that Rey Mysterio, and the other three guys in the match last week worked for TNA… Of course I did. Did I know that they’d be here last week. No I didn’t. They had other commitments, and they requested to honor those before coming to TNA, and I guess they did so…

Dave Prazak:
Oh YEAH! Please welcome Mr. Eric Bischoff.

Joey Styles:
Once again, Easy E can’t help but steal the spotlight from the owner of TNA.

Dave Prazak:
Just sit there, and enjoy some Eric Bischoff Joey.

Eric Bischoff:
You know Mark, when you called me to come here to TNA, and to “aid” you in building this company, and bring the wrestling business to new heights, I was all for it. But then I got here, and I realized that Mark… You have absolutely no idea what to do with a wrestling company. You don’t know where to begin, and how to keep it running. But I however was the frontline of one of the biggest wrestling companies in the history of this business, and I knew that if TNA was going to work, I had to take charge before you ruined this thing before it started.

Mark Cuban:
Eric… I’m getting a little irritated with you coming out here, and disrespecting me. I’m tired of you coming out here, and making this about yourself rather then keeping it about the fans.

Eric Bischoff:
You want me to keep it about the fans Mark? Well if that’s what you want Mark, then that’s what I’ll do. Because I’ve received word that somebody I personally thought would make a splash here in TNA. And this man wanted to come out here, and introduce himself to you. So ladies, and gentlemen, without further ado, allow me to introduce to you…

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/QFresh2/TNA%20Dynasty/BryanClark.jpg

CHRONIK

The man known only as Chronik comes out onto the stage. Eric Bischoff stands aside, smiling ear to ear. The monster stands at the top of the entrance, turning his attention to Mark Cuban in the ring who is a little frazzled by the sheer size of the man now heading towards the ring. Chronik jumps up onto the apron, and steps through the ropes. Cuban holds his hands up in immediate surrender. Chronik stares down Cuban, and then Chronik delivers a huge clothesline to Cuban. Bischoff now starts to make his way down to the ring, applauding the big man. Stepping into the ring, Chronik is picking up a limp Cuban from off the mat. Biscoff then instructs Chronik to do something. Chronik stares at Cuban, and then Powerbomb’s Cuban. Cuban is left laying on the mat as Bischoff raises Chronik’s hand in the air.
C

First match of the night had two of the teams that came out on the losing side of the Fatal Four Way tag title match on last weeks show with both teams looking to bounce back, and they didn’t waste anytime staking their claim to a spot in the TNA tag team division. No one more then Trent Acid, who took both Maximo’s to the limit during this one, with stiff kicks, and brutal impact moves that had the zing to end the match with each pinfall. The Maximo’s however would pull back into things, using aerial warfare to overwhelm The Backseat Boyz, and with a Spanish Fly on Johnny Kashmere, would get the win via pinfall.
D-

Following the match, we head to the backstage area, and Rick Martel standing by with Low Ki.

Rick Martel:
Hello fans, Rick Martel here with Low Ki, and Ki, you’ve asked for this time to get something off your chest, and you’ve been given it. What do you got for us Ki?

Low Ki:
I’ve got a lot to get off my chest, the most important of that… Eric Bischoff, and this guy Chronik. Where does he think he gets off attacking Mark Cuban, a guy who hasn’t wrestled a day in his life, a guy who signs the checks that feed the families of the people who work for TNA. Guys like Chronik don’t belong in TNA. Guys like Chronik represent the organizations that look a guys like me, and guys like Bryan Danielson, and guys like Amazing Red, and turn the other cheek because we aren’t big enough. Well Chronik, you ain’t so big, and if you have any kind of honor, you’ll come out to that ring tonight, and fight me in a match.

Rick Martel:
Back to ringside.
D-

Delirious vs. Frost

Delirious looks to make a successful debut here in TNA, and Frost is the guy who stands on that road to victory. A short road as luck would have it. Unfortunately, the road to success for Frost, not Delirious. Bouncing around the ring, Delirious tried to bewilder Frost, but at the first point of attack, Delirious fell victim to a Cryonic kick, and Frost would get the pinfall for the win.
D-

Following the match, it’s back to the interview area again, although this time it’s just The Insane Clown Posse holding a microphone a piece, as well as their NWA Tag Team titles.

Violent J:
Whoop whoop, ya’ll know what it is. It’s the NWA World Tag Team champions… The Insane Clown Posse.

Shaggy 2 Dope:
That’s right son, and tonight, we goin’ out to fight Christian York, and Joey Matthews, two California surfer pussies who ain’t got what it takes to be in the ring with us.

Violent J:
Nah son, cause you see, we straight up violent, and when we get these two crotch cowboys in the ring tonight, we gonna do like we did last week, and we gonna beat til they bleed. Shaggy… Lets go do the damn thing.
F+

The NWA Tag Team champions came out looking to continue their momentum after winning the titles a week prior. They unfortunately ran into a determined team of Christian York, and Joey Matthews, who would take them to the proverbial woodshed. Using excellent tag team wrestling, cutting the ring off, and laying into Violent J, York & Matthews would dominate their foes, and eventually use their Futureshock finishing move on Shaggy 2 Dope to get the win.
E+

AJ Styles© vs. K.I.D Kash

Quick off of his championship victory last week, AJ Styles was more then prepared to defend his title, and first on the list was K.I.D Kash, who wanted more then anything to take the title from AJ. Meeting in the center of the ring, the two went back and forth putting on a show for the crowd who were more then appreciative of their efforts, applauding, and chanting how awesome the action was. Both AJ, and Kash exchanged time on offense using a lot of high risk moves that they’ve become famous for.

AJ would end up with the ultimate upper hand, putting Kash on the ropes, and nearly ending the match on a number of occasions. A bunch of close near falls later, Styles would head to the top rope, and look to hit the Spiral Tap, but before he could get the move off, CM Punk would come out of nowhere, knocking AJ off the top rope, and getting K.I.D Kash disqualified.
C-

CM Punk stands over AJ, who is starting to stir. Punk gets an idea, as shown by the expression on his face. AJ slowly gets to his knees, and Punk looks poised to strike. AJ then gets to his feet, and Punk instantly sets up The Pepsi Twist, driving AJ to the mat. He then grabs a mic, and stands over top of AJ. Looking down to him…

CM Punk:
Next week… I want you… In this ring… For the X-Division title.

Punk drops the mic, and raises his hands in the air.
D-

Low Ki vs. Chronik

Time for the debut of Chronik, the monster that Eric Bischoff brought out at the beginning of the night. Low Ki challenged the big man, and the challenge has been answered. From start to finish, Low Ki didn’t back down from the massive man, taking every power shot, every big move, every instance where it seemed like he wouldn’t be able to come back. But Chronik is just too big, and too strong, and manhandled the smaller man with ease.

Looking like it was endgame for Ki, Chronik became a little over confident, as one mistake from the big man gave Low Ki the upper hand. He kicked Chronik limb by limb. And using The Tidal Wave, he finally took the big man down. He then took to the top rope, looking set up the Ki Splash, but Eric Bischoff had other plans, distracting Ki. He was able to distract him long enough for Chronik to get his wits, and get back to his feet. When Ki realized what was going on, he tried to land a flying cross body. Chronik caught Ki in mid air, and looked to land a back breaker. He instead threw Ki up into a Powerbomb position. Chronik then planted Ki into the mat, and pinned him for the victory.
D

Rey Mysterio Jr. & Super Crazy vs. The Juice & Psicosis

Main event time, and with all the questions going into this match, it’s a wonder that it even got off to a start. But one question, whether or not Super Crazy would work with Rey Mysterio was answered quickly, as the two shook hands, showing that they were going to work as a team. Mysterio, and Psicosis started the match off with the fast paced action that has become synonymous with lucha matches. Psicosis would however grab the upper hand using a thumb to the eye of Mysterio, and then both Psicosis, and The Juice would take their time dissecting the newly crowned champion.

But a sudden burst of energy from Mysterio would give him control for a moment, giving him the chance to get the tag to Super Crazy who flew into the ring, and attacked like wildfire. With both members of the opposing team out on the floor, Super got a litte Crazy, and plancha’d over the top rope onto both Juice, and Psicosis. With Mysterio now in the ring, he decided it was his turn to take to the skies. Rey would hop out onto the apron, and hit an Asai Moonsault onto all three men.

The Juice and Mysterio would then continue to battle out on the floor, as Psicosis, and Crazy would head back into the ring. After taking care of Juice by throwing him into the guard rail, and into the crowd, Rey would get back to his corner just in time to blind tag Crazy. Psicosis hit a power slam onto Crazy, not realizing the tag had happened, and when he stood back up, was met with a huge Springboard Hurricaranna from Mysterio. Rey would hold the legs, and get the win via pinfall. Rey, and Crazy would then celebrate in the ring as the show came to a close.
C

Show Rating: D+

A big thank you to everyone who took the time out to predict, hope you enjoyed the show.

KJFTW - 3/5

Nobby McDonald - 3/5

Nithas - 1/5

Congrats to both Nooby, and KJ for predicting the highest total.

Overall Leaderboard (Two Shows In)

Nithas - 4 Wins

KJFTW - 3 Wins

Nobby McDonald - 3 Wins

MichiganHero - 2 Wins

Cooljazz123 - 1 Win

Nest - 1 Win

BoomKing - 1 Win

Archived