What's the future look like?

For those of us who play well into the future in our games 2010+. What does your future look like? What happened to all the greats? Who rose to the occasion throughout their career and who fell off into obscurity. How did Hassan do? What about James Foster, Raul Hughes? Etc. How did your future turn out?

Yeah, I'd be interested to know. I'm only 3 years in, so can't really say that much other than the fact that Hughes is really inconsistent [beating the best in the world for the title, then losing it on the first defence with a weak opponent] and Fezzik lost his first match, then went on a 10 fight winning streak to lose again recently... Foster has been inconsistent too, but a little bit better than Hughes. He also took like a year off in my game...

The guys that are currently doing the best are Li Kong Ho, Manuel Silva and Tadamasa Yamada - they are killers, Yamada has been a champion for 3 straight years, 12 defenses!

What are your stories?

Manoel Cabral was the force in my game. He just lost to Hirano, taking his record to 20-1.

The funny thing is, he was LW champion, cleared the division and headed up to Welterweight. The person who stepped in to that spot and claimed the title was Sukarno. Now he's cleared the Alpha-1 LW division and has also decided to head up to WW.

What makes this truly interesting is that Sukarno is an amazing 37-2. His only two losses? Manoel Cabral.

I'm only in '06 at this point. Hassan Fezzik has just announced his retirement from the sport, after his next match. He's 34-3, and is 3-3 from his last six fights.

Buddy Garner is the current P4P king. 28-2, he's on a 9-fight win streak. I really thought he'd lose his last fight against Oleg Tariverdiev. Oleg starts the game at 6-1. Before his fight with Garner, he'd gone 13-0 in game time, with 13 submission wins, including being the first person to topple unstoppable Isaiah Monroe, and doing so in 1:18 of the first round.

Currently only Armen Sarkisian is the only person in the Hall of Fame. 38-5, he retired in the Top 10 of the Heavyweight division. He is only one of two people to ever beat Hassan.

Both Raul and James have retired by 2006. Hughes retired with a record of 19-4, and Foster retired with a record of 37-8-1. Neither were eligible for the Hall of Fame.

Alright, well I am well into the future and a lot has happened. I can only remember a fraction of it.

First of all I took a few fighters and made them younger becasue I like them and I wanted to see how far they could go with an extended career.

I'm in the year 2016

Current Hall of Fame

Julio Reguiro

Buddy Garner

Luis Barsoa

Philip Ziske

Manual Silva

Sean Morrison

Tadama Yamada

-Hassan Fezzik fell off really early in my game. He lost to Fujimoto in 2001 and then Santinho in 2003. After that he had a couple more L's and that's when I decided to make him younger and see if he could gain back that unstoppable form. Fezzik never did and now he's 49-8.

-Carlos Da Guia has had a good career but has never really caught on. He always seems to come up short in the big fighs.

-Hughes got the younger treatment too and he has done well but not as good as I thought. He's 34-10/

-Foster went 36-10-1. He hung it up in 05. No Hall of Fame.

-Li-Kong Ho got the youth treatment as well I just absolutely love this guy. He's nearly 40 but only has 3 losses. First ballot hall of famer for sure.

-Buddy Garner was the greatest fighter to ever compete in my game. 38-5 with 15 straight title defense for my company. I threw everybody at him and he just kept winning.

-Manuel Cabrol never really got over the hump in my game. He was pretty inconsistent.

Current company rankings are:

1. CCC Mid-Level International (My current company)

2. EFC Low-Level International (Company I created and got fired from)

3. Alpha High Level National

4. WEFF High Level National

5. SIGMA Mid Level National

6. LOCC Mid Level National (Sister company to EFC)

7. ISL High Level Regional

8. SAMA High Level Regional

9. FLB High Level Regional

10.Top High Level Regional

11. BCF High Level Regional

12. GAMMA High Level Regional :eek:

13. WVTC Low Level Regional

I'm shocked that GAMMA fell off so hard. They have been hurting for a long while, always 3rd-5th but now 12th? That came out of nowhere. For some reason they have plummeted in the last 12 months or so. Wish the game would send me emails on something like that.

Wow, that's hard. I don't know if in my game Hughes or Foster who are really inconsistent will ever make it to the HoF [they have held titles already, both had 2 reigns each] but with their lack of consistency I don't know if they will ever have 90 % reputation and a good win-loss record... still, it just wouldn't feel right not to have them in the HoF.

Isaiah Monroe just got the SportFan HOF notification for me, and he's 25-3 with 94% rep. He had a 3 defense reign and was #2 P4P during it, and just duplicated those feats to finally get the nod. It's really hard to get once you're well into a game, there seems to be a slow downturn of reputation from where the numbers start. I was kind of miffed Ziskie made it in at 28-8-1, as he was 7-5 in GAMMA and even lost twice in XCC.

I think it is when a certain fighter gets featured in the magazine before they retire and are regarded as a "lock" for the HoF or something to that effect.

Indeed, this is what it is. That's when you know they did enough to get in, and once they get that I'm pretty sure they can't get put out. Charles Stiles was in my WMMA 2 HOF with a near-.500 record.

The option to edit the hall of fame requirements would be a nice patch addition, if it's possible.

Agreed. Requirements are just too strict... guys like Couture and Coleman would never make it in during a real world game. If a guy has had a significant impact in a top flight promotion, he should be a contender for it.

In July of 2010 in my longest running game.

James Foster and Raul Hughes: These men had very similar careers, both former GAMMA Heavyweight Champions who struggled to retain their titles, both developed a similar pattern in their win/loss records and neither made it into the Hall of Fame. The highlight for these two was a trilogy of matches that Foster won 2 victories to 1 with the deciding fight being the final match for both men in August of 2005.

Hassan Fezzik: Ended his career in March 2008 and entered the Hall of Fame with a record of 40-2. Following 9 Title defenses in GAMMA he lost the belt in a very poor match against Rav Kapur (who accomplished nothing following this epic win) Fezzik rebounded with a win over Wilson Franklyn before losing his final match by knock out to Kurt McDonald.

Buddy Garner: Retiring and entering the Hall of Fame win February 2010 with a 30-4 record. Garner is a 2 time Middleweight Champion racking up 3 Title defenses on his first reign, 8 on his second and collecting 12 Submission of the night awards along the way.

Sean Morrison: Ending his career in February of 2007 with a 35-10-1 record. Morrison is a former two time Lightweight Champion and nearly won the Welterweight Title from David Webb following a move to the division in mid 2005 following a heavy losing streak in the Lightweight division. Despite a good career overall he surprsingly missed the Hall of Fame.

Can't think of anyone else of hand worth writing about, feel free to ask about someone's career if you are interested and i'll post about them asap.

Few questions in anyone's game were these guys ever truly dominant?

Carlos Da Guia

Neil Napier

Alexander Ivanov

Raul Hughes

James Foster

Sylvester Collins

Cause in mine some have been good but they are always kind of streaky.

Also has anyone had Hassan Fessik fall off hard? In my game he got really shaky very fast.

Could mr. Ryland confirm what the requirements are? Unless he already did somewhere...

Q: What are the criteria for getting into the Hall Of Fame?

A: There are exceptions, but primarily a fighter will, at some point in his career, need to get past 90% Reputation, have a strong win-loss record, and have held at least one championship.

It's in the help file.

Grzegorz Boniek: After losing the SIGMA Heavyweight Title to Terron Cabal Boniek had a very hit and miss run in the company until being picked up by Alpha-1 in 2001. Boniek's Alpha-1 career was decent with his biggest victories coming over Gunnar Nilsson and Sly Twinge (who would become a multi time Heavyweight Champion.) Boniek's career came to an end with a 43-12 record, going out on a 3 fight losing streak in 2006.

Fiyero Lermontov: Still going strong at age 40 and is the current GAMMA Lightweight Champion, having defeated Manoel Cabral for the Title and with 2 successful Title defenses under his belt. Currently sitting on a 27-5 record.

Manuel Silva: With a 27-5 record Manuel is a former FLB and GAMMA Welterweight Champion. After winning the Welterweight Title from Jayden Karp in 2002 Silva managed 3 defenses before dropping the Title to Julio Regueiro in 2004, since that defeat he has struggled to put together any kind of streak that would earn him a shot at regaining the Title.

Seth O'Breen: Currently on a 26-4 record, Seth has spent his entire career in BCF and despite his outstanding record has failed to capture the Lightweight Title losing against then champions Jake Keane, Ron Chuckle and Nigel Collett. Was on an impressive 9 fight winning streak heading into his Title shot against Chuckle.

Armen Sarkisian: Still fighting at the age of 43 and with a 39-10 record. The bulk of Armen's career has been spent in Alpha-1 where he is a former 3 time Heavyweight Champion, all 3 reigns ended before he could score a successful Title defense. Currently on a 2 fight losing streak.

Sukarno: With a 38-5 record Sukarno is a former KDMFC and 2 time and current Alpha-1 Lightweight Champion. Currently the number 2 pound for pound Lightweight in the world.

Bud Brockett: With a record of 15-4 Brockett has spent the bulk of his career on the injured list. The highlight of his career is a Lightweight Title win over Brandon Sugar in late 1999 which he lost on his first defense to Lermontov in early 2000. Despite his lack of activity Brockett is still ranked in the top 25 of his division.

Carlos de Guia: After losing his Alpha-1 Welterweight Title to Ichisake Miyagi in 1998 Carlos managed to earn himself a rematch with Miyagi which he was unable to recapture his Title. Despite putting together some impressive win streaks in his career Carlos hasn't managed to reclaim his top spot on the Welterweight pecking order. In March of 2006 Carlos went on a 4 fight losing streak before being cut by Alpha-1, signing with FLB in 2009 Carlos continued on his decline with another 2 defeats. Now he is hoping to break that 6 fight losing streak on his debut match for ISL.

Few questions in anyone's game were these guys ever truly dominant?

Carlos Da Guia

Neil Napier

Alexander Ivanov

Raul Hughes

James Foster

Sylvester Collins

Cause in mine some have been good but they are always kind of streaky.

Also has anyone had Hassan Fessik fall off hard? In my game he got really shaky very fast.

Out of all those Carlos de Guia has done the best with some lengthy win streaks but all in all they have been hit and miss for me too. Expected Ivanov to dominate the Heavyweight Division following Fezzik's retirement but that honor has gone to a regen named Martin Eilers, the amazing thing is that while Eilers has some wicked submission skills the guy has a glass jaw but has managed to beat some of my heavy hitters.

Archived