Experiment to challenge myself

I'm going to start up an incredibly offensive product. Key features are Hardcore and Risque, heavy features are Daredevil and Cult, everything else set at none. I'll start as a Cult promotion (due to the heavy publicity of such an offensive product), but only be starting with $5,000 or $10,000.

I see the challenges as getting some talented workers (Hell Monkey might come, but a lot of guys morally wouldn't join up), and with the lack of workers to choose from, putting on good shows consistently. I'm curious how it'll turn out.

How do you guys challenge yourselves in the game???

I'm currently working on a complete dataset set in 1983 where pretty much no one in the game is over the age of 18. I think at this point the oldest active wrestler is 18 and there's one manager who is in their 30s I think. I made most of the kids very low in overall skills and popularity although I am adding in some kids with low overness to fill out the top promotion in the world. I've played part of the data as part of DOTT since I was only a kid in 1983 so it made no sense to have me wrestling Andre The Giant but the amount of workers just kept increasing so I broke it off into it's own dataset and expanded it. Most of the promotions start with only $10,000 so it should be a challenging game once I finish the data to my liking.

I have a goal in my TCW game to financially be able to support having a developement fed in each game area... Japan, Australia, UK, Europe, Mexico, Canada, and of course USA. So far this have been a little bit difficult.

If I can do this I feel I could easily run a monopoly on the wrestling scene as I would be able to steal anyone in any region and then put them in developement if I didn't really want to use them. It's all part of the master plan.

Other ways I challenge myself is I push someone every couple months that I never pushed or rarely push. Just for the fun of seeing what will happen. Most times these pushes only last a few months before they become jobbers to my whole roster and I let their contract run out.

I have a goal in my TCW game to financially be able to support having a developement fed in each game area... Japan, Australia, UK, Europe, Mexico, Canada, and of course USA. So far this have been a little bit difficult.

If I can do this I feel I could easily run a monopoly on the wrestling scene as I would be able to steal anyone in any region and then put them in developement if I didn't really want to use them. It's all part of the master plan.

This is something that eventually happened in my WCW game and it's really exciting when you think about it. You have child promotions around the world that you can pick and choose from at any time. Stealing workers from around the globe is pretty easy if you offer them relocation expenses - what's 25k when the bank account is over $160 million and monthly income is around $15 million?

What I love is even if I don't use the worker I just paid a pretty dime for relocating to a new country... I can send them to development (depending on his skill set) for a little while to get some exposure and get accustomed to our product (which is set in stone throughout all the child promotions, with a FEW exceptions).

OVW game(C-verse): Cant sign wrestlers active at game start.

In the game I did peak a few workers using narratives, but for every time I peaked one of my I peaked atleast 6 or 7 workers who worked for different companies.

TCW game: A challenge in itself since ive never played TCW

I was also thinking about doing an SWF game where I had to push all 5 members of the XDW crew.

This is something that eventually happened in my WCW game and it's really exciting when you think about it. You have child promotions around the world that you can pick and choose from at any time. Stealing workers from around the globe is pretty easy if you offer them relocation expenses - what's 25k when the bank account is over $160 million and monthly income is around $15 million?

What I love is even if I don't use the worker I just paid a pretty dime for relocating to a new country... I can send them to development (depending on his skill set) for a little while to get some exposure and get accustomed to our product (which is set in stone throughout all the child promotions, with a FEW exceptions).

Your WCW game is just MAW that has taken over the world right? Did you change the product at all? And at what point did you start expanding? How many shows did you do a month when trying to expand?

I've never done a game long enough to grow from Local or Small to Global, or even to Cult. The biggest I've grown a promotion was to Regional. I have managed to get Murderous Mikey to A* Popularity in the Tri-State area in one of my games before, which was fun. I think it was at that point I had to replace my HDD, though. But I hadn't played that save for a few months anyways.

Logans game has really inspired me but unfortunately not with the same results. I started a game with FCW and after 12 years renamed it to MSWA (Main Stream Wrestling Alliance) However my MSWA game hasn't reached the success that Logans WCW game has because we are still at Regional which I am perfectly fine with. Its hard to be able to grow a promotion from Regional to Cult. If you want to cheat GCG is right on the brink of Cult when the game starts and that is the only way I got that achievment.

The FCW/MSWA reached a goal that I set for myself because never before had I had a game go longer than five years I would either get sick of it and quit or the company would be in so bad of shape that I didn't want to continue. My goal with this game is to go as long as I can before I have to retire.

Archived