~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Johnny Fenoli" data-cite="Johnny Fenoli" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I just finished booking my first month. Ending with Wrestlemania, Hacksaw vs Hercules. Hercules takes the win. He went from a 62 to start the game, and is now an 82........... and I didnt really have him beat anyone. Hacksaw is the best wrestler he beat.... by far. Is Hercules, is about to run through the WWF?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Herculesamania</p>

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Wrestlemania III</p><p>

Pontiac Silverdome</p><p>

75,000</p><p>

3.75</p><p>

B</p><p> </p><p>

(Pre-Show) Paul Orndorff won a 15 man Battle Royal D+</p><p>

1- Jake Roberts pinned Nikita Koloff B-</p><p>

2- The Fabulous Moolah pinned Madusa to retain the WWF Women's Title C</p><p>

3- The Hart Foundation defeated Demolition to retain the WWF World Tag Team Titles B-</p><p>

4- The Brain Busters & Barry Windham defeated Strike Force & Jim Duggan C</p><p>

5- The Blade Runners defeated Doom D+</p><p>

6- The Dream Team defeated The Midnight Express C</p><p>

7- Ted DiBiase pinned Jim Powers C</p><p>

8- Ricky Steamboat pinned Randy Savage A</p><p>

9- The Undertaker pinned Raymond Rougeau D+</p><p>

10- Hulk Hogan pinned Andre The Giant to retain the WWF World Title B+</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tomato Can" data-cite="Tomato Can" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the most recent download of this mod? Has there been a published update or is the intitial megaupload link the one to use? Thanks for the help!!!<p> </p><p> Cant wait to dive into this!!!!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The link in the first post is the only released version so far.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hillbilly Jim and Koko B Ware are SO getting the WWF Championship title shot, they so rightfully deserve!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So far Koko B. Ware loses to everyone except lower card guys. I don't think I will let him hold any titles until at least 1989. Hillbilly Jim just faces the guys Hogan is about to face and loses setting up a Hogan vs (whoever) match all the time. Hogan is Jims savior basically.</p>

I cheated a bit and made it so WCW starts out National so that when they debut(and I take over as booker), I'll be able to start out with a decent enough roster. I'm hoping Sting is still available.

So far in the games I've simmed a few years in, Bret leaves WWF almost every time so I'm hoping he's available too. It'd be nice to build WCW around Flair, Bret, and Sting.

<p>In my game Bret jumps ship at the first chance and becomes the IWGP champion...</p><p> </p><p>

In an update from my earlier post, Curt Hening, Rick Rude, Scott Steiner and Ted Dibase who jumped ship from JCP to WWF about a year back have had a combined 15 matchs since, so their just sitting around rotting at this point ...</p><p> </p><p>

Regards the WCW issue, i have edited all the WCW promotional settings into JCP and all of JCPs into WCW, then i took all WCW's money away and the plan is to simply wait for them to debut and fail so i can buy them out. I dont realy see why JCP cant continue on with a rename as WCW.</p>

<p>In mine I ended up bringing in Dibiase, Hennig, HBK, and Sting. HBK and Sting are openers so I hope as they learn eventually they can have a Rock-Austin type rivalry. I also brought Snuka and Slaughter back from the AWA to work with Dibiase and Perfect in the midcard range.</p><p> </p><p>

Sad fact: the AWA turned to Dennis Condrey to be their world champ (beating Hennig) for the vacant title when I stole Bockwinkle. I'd like to think that booking decision helped me steal Hennig 3 weeks later.</p>

<p>UWF changed our name to the United Wrestling Federation and just suffered our first raid by the WWF. They took Big Bubba-Ray Traylor, "The Juggernaut" Leon White and one half of the UWF Tag Team Champions, The Minnesota Wrecking Crew's Curt Hennig.</p><p> </p><p>

BBRT's departure leaves a hole in my upper mid card that Arn Anderson will move up to fill.</p><p> </p><p>

Also Ron Simmons has skyrocketed under the the adoring man love that Bill Watts has for him and will recieve his first title shot against champion Ted DiBiase at UWF Proving Ground! But his popularity is nothing compared with the massive groundswell of support for 'Bam Bam' Terry Gordy!</p>

<p>In my watcher game WCCW just went Global in 2000. They have an amazing roster and in fact their Christmas Star Wars was headlined by Steve Austin vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.</p><p> </p><p>

I have been going through and forcing guys into retirement (like Andre, Bob Orton, etc) to see what WWF does. I just started that process so I don't have much to report yet, but through two PPV's I have noticed Mick Foley getting a good push.</p><p> </p><p>

I think that is the best way to go about things as the years go on and guys have not retired.</p><p> </p><p>

Right now it seems as if eras are the thing that probably need fixing to keep WWF from losing its TV shows because there seems to be something lost in translation between the New Generation Era and WWF product settings. </p><p> </p><p>

Really loving this mod though. Going to start a diary soon once I figure out a few more tweaks for myself.</p>

<p>I found out the issue as to why WWF loses their TV shows and never gets them back.</p><p> </p><p>

Their prestige always drops to the 10-15 rage in 1992 (Not sure if it's from the Crash or a narrative or what) but that prestige stops them from getting shows on the big networks. I edited their prestige to an 85 when I got to 2001 and now they have two TV shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ThisIsRealThisIssXe" data-cite="ThisIsRealThisIssXe" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I found out the issue as to why WWF loses their TV shows and never gets them back.<p> </p><p> Their prestige always drops to the 10-15 rage in 1992 (Not sure if it's from the Crash or a narrative or what) but that prestige stops them from getting shows on the big networks. I edited their prestige to an 85 when I got to 2001 and now they have two TV shows.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So, maybe Genadi needs to add a note to the narrative. That we can see to go back in and live edit their prestige back up when it's supposed to be.</p>

So, maybe Genadi needs to add a note to the narrative. That we can see to go back in and live edit their prestige back up when it's supposed to be.

He's done that in the past, off the top of my head, he did for Shawn Michael's retirement after Wrestlemania 14, in the Montreal Aftermath mod. Something similar would work!

When Stevie Ray enters the wrestling world he's a retired wrestler that works as a Color Commentator. Somehow I think that's wrong :p

Here is the complete list of Retired future workers:

Adolfo Moreno

Brother YASSHI

Darren Drosdov

J.T. Smith

Jim Kettner

Milo Beasley

Shoichi Arai

Stevie Ray

Worker Ant

Edit: Also Jimmy Del Ray is a current wrestler who I am not sure should be retired.

<p>Thanks for the continual feedback guys, really appreciate it.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone wanting to start a new game or dynasty (or whatever) with this mod I'd suggest waiting a few days. Version 1.1 should be out by then and it's already playing alot smoother, especially WWF.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah as WWF I have a 0.0% backstage morale and I am on the day of Wrestlemania 3. It sucks because I feel like I can't bring the morale back up no matter what I do.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep, due to personalities and backstage being one of the last areas added or edited I didn't have anytime to really test it out myself, 9 months into a WWF game I've made quite a few changes to make running the promotion alot smoother and yes easier.</p><p> </p><p> I think most BETA testers expected (and they had good reason) that most people would be testing WWF so very few people toyed around with them. Slight changes here and there, popularity (of WWF workers) being one for example have been bumped here and there and the effects I'm very happy with.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Genadi" data-cite="Genadi" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yep, due to personalities and backstage being one of the last areas added or edited I didn't have anytime to really test it out myself, 9 months into a WWF game I've made quite a few changes to make running the promotion alot smoother and yes easier.<p> </p><p> I think most BETA testers expected (and they had good reason) that most people would be testing WWF so very few people toyed around with them. Slight changes here and there, popularity (of WWF workers) being one for example have been bumped here and there and the effects I'm very happy with.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sounds good! I can't wait to see how the tweeks come out. Thanks Genadi for putting so much hard work into this.</p>

Archived