~ The Golden Age: 1987 Official Release ~

I just wanted to say a blanket response to all your mods, they are great for th emost part my major complaint comes from your use of the habits, not sure where it is but is has been explained a few times that say 1 percent means it is enough to start effecting their performance. When you have guys like Sting using hard drugs at a high level which has never been said before, let alone his soft drugs(which why he is a reformed soft drugs but still using hard drugs i am not sure) as well as drinking all at a point where they effect his performance. When did Sting ever show up under any sort of influence? I get steroids as I am sure he was on the gas at some point but the other stuff if he did do them where not enough to effect his performance and he was an addict or alcoholic. I would suggest an overhaul of the habits of wrestlers. So say you have a scott hall who near the end of his WCW run was showing up drunk put his drinking habit high. or Juvi who was showing up on drugs put his soft and hard up. But guys who either a. you have no proof they did said drugs or b. it never effected their performance don't have them on the radar

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>This isn't a problem on Genadi's end. He's always gone for as realistic a mod as possible. The problem is on TEW's end. Up until TEW 10, all the drug use did was increase the chance for drug overdoses and spread drug use backstage. For some reason, Adam changed that in the most recent version to where if you ever used drugs in your life, it kills your performance. Just change the people you are using (either in the editor before you start or wait until you start the game so you have to change it each time as the AI doesn't have that problem so the O'D's will stay in the game). Putting it at about 10% makes enough of a difference vs clean people without killing their performance.</p><p> </p><p>

Again, this is Genadi shooting for accuracy and the game not representing that effectively. He didn't make up any drug use for his amusement. It was the 80's and drugs flowed freely back then.</p>

It kind of adds up... You can pretty much guarrentee someone is going to die if you give them 100%, although the luck of the numbers might not actually happen... But say for example you have 2 at 25, and one at 50, it's going to give that person the same chance as one at 100.

At least that's how my tests have ended up. I haven't heard anything countering my findings, so I have to figure there is at least some truth to them.

Pretend like your playing a role playing game. You 100 people on hard drugs, and it rolls on one that has a 100. Something is going to happen... If it's a 90, then you have a 10% chance it might not, and on down.

Now, say you have a guy that has multiple problems, although none of them are "That" bad... However, when you role for problems, their name has a chance to come up on each one of them, because they have them all... SO the chance of their name coming up is even better.

I really suggest taking them all together and thinking to yourself, how much of a chance does this guy have for something to happen? Then take all the numbers combined, and make sure they don't go over that limit.

Some have debated me about it, but most have come to the same conclusion after simming a couple of decades.

<p>The problem isn't death rate. The problem is that now that Adam made the decision with TEW10 to be severely anti-drug the default drug usage rates in the mods Genadi made (and anyone else really in the 80's-late 90's) is that top stars are rendered useless because the drug level directly impacts their ratings/performance. A 30% hard drug use means roughly a 30% hit to any angle they are in with about a 15-20% match rating hit. </p><p> </p><p>

That's what franticloser was complaining about. I was just trying to explain where the change in the drug use stats came from and that it wasn't Genadi's mods to blame.</p><p> </p><p>

For example, try using Kerry Von Erich or Jake Roberts in either 1987 mod with the default data (I think he dropped the drug usage to 25% in version 2). Heck, even in the borked 08-imported DOTT mod I have, I couldn't use Hulk Hogan because of his drug use killing his performance.</p>

<p>ok yes 80s drug use flowed freely but again we shouldn't assume any wrestler was on anything without proof, then you are just adding it in, and it's not just this mod it's in his earlier ones from 97 and 98, I use Sting as an example as it's the most blatent as Sting once getting saved has been open about what he did in the past, and his big thing was drinking so yes go ahead and use that steroids sure, but it's the hard drug use that seems off as no one has ever come out said he was on it nor has he himself said it. So if your going for realistic then make it realistic. </p><p> </p><p>

But Adam himself has said anyone who is a casual user as in not going out everyday and getting drunk, or snorting up all day shouldn't have a percent its once it starts becoming an effect on them that you start adding it up. That would be like saying since you may have a drink with dinner when you go out to eat that you should get 10 percent on the alcohol level. Which isn't true, you have to think in that mind set when setting up the habits.</p><p> </p><p>

And yes it is perfectly reasonable to edit them out and again it was a suggestion, it is one of only two gripes I have on these wonderful mods Genadi has set up for us the other being the use of exclusive ppa and setting up freelancers on a lot of guys, while I understand trying to simulate the jumping around stage of early workers it doesn't play as well. But again you have done mster work on these mods outside of these two things and i continue to support your work</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="franticloser" data-cite="franticloser" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>ok yes 80s drug use flowed freely but again we shouldn't assume any wrestler was on anything without proof, then you are just adding it in, and it's not just this mod it's in his earlier ones from 97 and 98, I use Sting as an example as it's the most blatent as Sting once getting saved has been open about what he did in the past, and his big thing was drinking so yes go ahead and use that steroids sure, but it's the hard drug use that seems off as no one has ever come out said he was on it nor has he himself said it. So if your going for realistic then make it realistic. <p> </p><p> But Adam himself has said anyone who is a casual user as in not going out everyday and getting drunk, or snorting up all day shouldn't have a percent its once it starts becoming an effect on them that you start adding it up. That would be like saying since you may have a drink with dinner when you go out to eat that you should get 10 percent on the alcohol level. Which isn't true, you have to think in that mind set when setting up the habits.</p><p> </p><p> And yes it is perfectly reasonable to edit them out and again it was a suggestion, it is one of only two gripes I have on these wonderful mods Genadi has set up for us the other being the use of exclusive ppa and setting up freelancers on a lot of guys, while I understand trying to simulate the jumping around stage of early workers it doesn't play as well. But again you have done mster work on these mods outside of these two things and i continue to support your work</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> My only problem with that theory is that you take someone like Roddy Piper, an admitted heavy drug user. It actually enhanced his manic persona onscreen, which can be debatable I guess, but in the very least it certainly didn't hinder it. Same with Terry Funk or Ric Flair, both drank a good deal but it certainly didn't affect their performance. </p><p> </p><p> I tend to just set all of those to zero or very low because, as mentioned above, it makes the characters unusable if you try to keep it too true to life.</p>

<p>the Exclusive PPA's and Freelance are other things that the game doesn't handle well at all either to the point that most people wish they weren't in the game at all. Again though, they are accurate for those wrestlers at that time. You're running around blaming the mod maker for making an overly-accurate mod. Now, you can add to the constant accurate vs fun argument that has been going on since the first mod was made way back when.</p><p> </p><p>

The JCP/WCW workers didn't work for anyone else at that time, and the Exclusive PPA's exemplify that fact. It's not his fault that the hiring AI can't figure that out. Benoit and Guerrero along with numerous others wrestled all over the place and both would be hired full-time pretty early on without the Freelance status. It's not Genadi's fault that the game doesn't handle that status at all.</p>

I understand it as a game problem over a mod problem, i am not trying to blame genadi for this as if i remember i have complemented his work several tmes while mentioning just a couple of things i would like to see if he could revamp. One was a basis of habits being set to high or unrealistic giving them to people with no basis of them ever taking said drugs. The exclusive ppa problem comes in right away with bret and piper being taken by njpw a right away for touring, which is unrealistic. I would set it more as in ppa with loyalty to vince or wwe, or to jcp/nwa.

Actually by your statement then every guy on both rosters should be exclusive but they have several open ppa as well so a loyalty system could be in place. As far as freelance goes, yes they worked all over the world but setting them at freelance doesn't sim that in fact in a lot of games I've run they don't get picked up for a long time most freelancers sit unless they are already signed at game start. At most they get tours in Japan but that doesn't represent going to Canada, Mexico, and across the Americas.

In the end I was just making suggestions to hopefully improve an already great and probably some of the best mods out there. Sorry you've taken them in a way of blaming or complaining. Genadi if you'd care to chime in on my suggestions and if you've thought about them, in any way or if you have a justification on the habits, of wether they should be that high or not please feel free. Again love your work these where just the two flags I've noticed in an otherwise awesome mod system

I wasn't trying to be harsh on you. I was just trying to explain where the problem lies. Yes, the contracts are a huge issue that I just fixed in the main editor. This goes back to my first post about the accuracy vs gameplay argument. Genadi goes much more on the accuracy (again, just because it was not massive common knowledge on drug use doesn't mean it didn't happen. again, Genadi didn't invent drug use for people) which combined with flaws in several features in TEW10 causes the problems you (and others) have with his mods. Personally, I'd much rather start with hyper-accuracy and tweak things from there than go "wow, this is all off somewhat but it sims great" (there are those mods out there btw).

• 2 weeks later...

Love this mod, and maybe I did something wrong, but I got something very unexpected the other night.

I'm playing out the Andre-Hogan storyline leading into WrestleMania 3, and I got to the point where Hogan cuts a promo on Andre. So, I booked a match between Hogan and Bundy as the main event, in which Hogan won. I then booked a segment where Hogan cuts the promo in the ring after the match... a promo held by Hulk Hogan, the most over guy in the company, in a show I booked at MSG... and his segment drew an F!

What happened?

Love this mod, and maybe I did something wrong, but I got something very unexpected the other night.

I'm playing out the Andre-Hogan storyline leading into WrestleMania 3, and I got to the point where Hogan cuts a promo on Andre. So, I booked a match between Hogan and Bundy as the main event, in which Hogan won. I then booked a segment where Hogan cuts the promo in the ring after the match... a promo held by Hulk Hogan, the most over guy in the company, in a show I booked at MSG... and his segment drew an F!

What happened?

Soft/hard drug user?

Alcohol?

• 4 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="km007" data-cite="km007" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31205" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't seem to get the People Pic Pack to download. Is it just me? Because if it is...that sucks...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Works fine for me.</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent upgrades to the database. I hadn't upgraded from 1.0 until today, and 1.2 is exceptionally good. The only problem I've had is that sendspace was very slow in downloading (the people pack took 35 minutes and I've got a 25/15 Fios connection).

Now I'm off to try and take over the world by starting up with a user character that has 0s across the board and a new promotion on Rock Hard level.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To date I haven't bought TEW10. I've just been playing a very long career using DOTT on TEW08 off and on for probably years now.

Would people recommend I give TEW10 a shot or hold out for TEW13?

One of the major reasons for not getting TEW10 for me was that there was no DOTT, but this seems like it can substitute for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived