Microsoft Automatic Updates

dvdWarrior

Okay, I'm not the most computer-smart feller around, there's plenty of things I don't know...

But this seems a little bit questionable to me...

ALL DAY LONG I've been getting Microsoft Automatic Updates. There was a big one this morning with several updates included in it. I was kind of expecting that one, it was about time for it. But as soon as I let it do it's thing, there was another waiting in the wings.

Since, then, every time I've logged on to my computer there's been one waiting. Install, automatic restart. Bring up the computer. Automatic update. Install, automatic restart. It's played hell with my attempts at TEW and OOTP games today.

Judging by the file names, they all seem to be the same thing as well.

I've never had this many updates in one day before. What gives? Is this normal?

:confused:

Might be a problem with your computer and/or ISP. I got the most recent Windows 7 update Wednesday Night, it installed fine and hasn't loaded a new one since then.

Don't know if it matters, but I manually restarted my computer from the startup menu rather than from the pop up prompt

Occasionally an update will install, but Windows Update doesn't seem to register that the update completed. It will then present the same update for install.

This happened to me today with the "Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB253842)".

View your update history to make sure that the update status = Successful. If Windows Update still presents the same update to you, you're probably OK hiding the update so you don't get pinged with it over and over. Naturally if the update status = Failed, something else is going on and you may need to dig a little further.

Occasionally an update will install, but Windows Update doesn't seem to register that the update completed. It will then present the same update for install.

This happened to me today with the "Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB253842)".

View your update history to make sure that the update status = Successful. If Windows Update still presents the same update to you, you're probably OK hiding the update so you don't get pinged with it over and over. Naturally if the update status = Failed, something else is going on and you may need to dig a little further.

That's the very one I was having the issue with, (and it was in fact successful, :) ). Seems it worked itself out this morning... not long after I posted this thread as a matter of fact. I may have jumped the gun a little bit, I've been known to be impatient.

Anywho, it seems everything's OK now.

:o

Archived