WWE: SmackDown! Into The Blue Wonder

I'm not wasting time with some super creative, look I won the lottery and somehow ended up running a promotion back story. Sufficed to say this is a diary where the WWE has been torn into two along the brand lines. My user character known as The User, is set as owner and obviously booker but will never appear on camera in any way or even be used. This first post will simply be a place to keep and updated roster.

WWE: SmackDown!

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/SmackDown.jpg

Superstars: FACE/HEEL

Brodus Clay

Chavo Guerrero

Christian

Cody Rhodes

Daniel Bryan

Ezekiel Jackson - WWE Intercontinental Champion

Heath Slater

Jey Uso

Jimmy Uso

Johnny Curtis

Justin Gabriel

Kane

Mark Henry

Randy Orton - WWE World Heavyweight Champion

Sheamus

Sin Cara

Ted DiBiase

The Undertaker - inactive

Trent Barreta

Tyson Kidd

Wade Barrett

Yoshi Tatsu

Divas:

AJ

Alicia Fox

Kaitlin

Layla - inactive

Natalya

Rosa Mendes

Tamina

Alliances

Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater

Tamina & Rosa Mendes

The Chick Busters - AJ & Kaitlyn

The Uso's - Jey & Jimmy Uso

Tyson Kidd & Brodus Clay w/ Matt Striker

Staff Members

Booker T - Colour Commentator

Charles Robinson - Referee

Dean Malenko - Road Agent

Jack Doan - Referee

Jamie Noble - Road Agent

John Cone - Referee

Josh Mathews - Play-By-Play Commentator

Matt Striker - Manager

Theodore Long - General Manager of SmackDown!

Todd Grisham - Backstage Interviewer (for writing purposes only)

William Regal - Road Agent

Development: Southern Championship Wrestling

Operated by Dusty Rhodes, it is a spin off of FCW.

Abraham Washington (Brian Jossie)

Alexander Rusev (Miroslav Bulgaria)

Byron Saxton (Bryan Kelly)

Chase Haxton (Rhett Titus)

Dean Ambrose (Jon Moxley)

Derrick Bateman (Michael Hutter) - SCW Southern Tag Team Champion

Donny Marlow (Tevita Fifita)

Erick Rowan (Thoruf Marius)

Ethan Reeves (Brian Cage) - SCW Southern Tag Team Champion

Jeremiah Riggs

Kennth Cameron (Brandon T)

Kenny Dykstra (Kenn Doane)

Leakee (Joe Anoa'i)

Leo Kruger (Ray Leppan)

Lucky Cannon (Jon Emminger) - SCW Southern Heavyweight Champion

Luke Hansen (Jesse White)

Marcus Owens (Marquis Youngston)

Peter Orlov (Alex Koslov)

Xavier Woods (Austin "Consequences" Creed)

Caylee Fox (Christina Crawford)

Jonye Adair (Tenille Tayla)

Lacey Von Erich

Naomi (Trinity McCray)

Rima Fakih - SCW Women's Champion

Vienna Skym (Jemma Palmer)

Brett DiBiasee - Colour Commentator

Jack Lanza - Road Agent / Trainer

Scott Armstrong - Referee

Todd Grisham - Play-by-Play Commentator

Tony Garea - Road Agent / Trainer

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/pwinsider.png

WWE SmackDown! News and Notes: Wednesday, Week 1, July 2011

- It seems going forward that the WWE plans to make the brand split an actuality with the recent creation of the WWE: RAW and WWE: SmackDown! corporate entities. It is not known what caused the change, but many speculate this is just another step in WWE rebranding itself an entertainment company and wanting to show more assets underneath one banner. This will seemingly lead to the brands being treated as seperate companies and there will be less, or no, cross over between brands.

- WWE: SmackDown! opened Southern Championship Wrestling which is being run by Dusty Rhodes. Senior road agents Jack Lanza and Tony Garea have also been assigned to the new territory to act as trainers. SCW held its first weekly event early today and the results are as follows:

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/SCWwk1July.jpg

Reality Check: Lanza & Garea are old and I just didnt want them on the main roster, but firing them was a waste of time since they'll retire soon

- William Regal announced his retirement from in-ring competition on a house show after a 20-minute match with Daniel Bryan. Regal will be taking on a road agent's role with WWE: SmackDown! The match, in its entirety has been posted on WWESmackDown.com

- The division of the brands have also lead to some releases: Billy Kidman, Michael Hayes, & Joey Mercury were all releases from their backstage duties. Luchador Huncio was released from his developmental deal. And finally, Hornswoggle, Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali have also been released, more below.

- The Great Khali tested positive for steroids, and SmackDown! management made the decision to release him. Jinder Mahal was also released from the company as they did not see much to his character or talents without Khali to help get him over.

Reality Check: I just dont like Khali or Mahal, so I made up this reason and just released them because I wanted too. Something about evil Indians who I imagine most American's think are Iraqi or Afghan spouting Farsi constantly to get cheap hit doesn't work for me. I also don't like large rosters and plan on bringing in some new guys soon.

- WWE: SmackDown! have signed Christina Crawford to a developmental deal. Crawford, who most recentely starred on the returning Tough Enough, is the younger sister of Alicia Fox, real name Victoria Crawford. Christina also had spent time in FCW as Caylee Turner. She has been added to the Southern Championship Wrestling roster page under the new ring name of Caylee Fox and being noted as Alicia's sister.

- Rumors floating around WWE: SmackDown! is that some management have been calling for a few bigger names to be brought in. Names floating around the rumor mill are Chris Jericho, Mick Foley, MVP, Kevin Nash, Carlito, and even Sid Vicious. Also some have speculated Booker T may step back into the ring to take over as #2 babyface behind Randy Orton. Many are hoping Chris Jericho announces his intent to return to wrestling and if/when he does most expect SmackDown! to tender him a big offer to join the Blue company.

- On top of possibly bringing in some top names, WWE: SmackDown! have already stated their intention to fill out its developmental system and several signings are expected over the next couple weeks or months. Word is the company plans on bringing in young talent who can fit into their product well, and has not ruled out wrestlers from TNA and ROH possibly being brought in.

Other News and Notes:

- WWE: RAW has begun a new talent initiative on Monday Night RAW & Superstars and have started by promoting Seth Rollins, the former Tyler Black, to the main roster. Several other FCW talents are expected to be brought up over the next couple weeks.

- TNA has finally realised they have too many people getting paid not to wrestle and made some releases: Karen Jarrett, Desmond Wolfe, Bruce Prichard, Eric Bischoff, Al Snow, & Christy Hemme.

- On Thursday, Ricardo Rodriguez won the FCW Florida Heavyweight title, defeating Bo Rotundo. His recent attack by Big Show has been a set up for him to train further as a wrestler and debut as an in-ring competitor down the line. His profile was also recently removed from WWERAW.com to coincide with this.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/smackdownwebsite.png

Following Sunday's Capitol Punishment pay-per-view and the recent split of the WWE, SmackDown! will be LIVE from RiverCentre in Minnesota!

Already announced is the beginning of two tournaments two ground three new champions with the return of the WWE Women's and World Tag Team Championships.

Only 5 days after winning the WWE Intercontinental Championship, new champion Ezekiel Jackson will have his first defense against the manager-seeking Tyson Kidd.

The former Intercontinental Champion, Wade Barrett, will be in action taking on NXT Season 4 winner Johnny Curits in Curtis' SmackDown! in-ring debut.

Also what lies ahead for WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Randy Orton? Will Christian concede defeat? Will Sheamus attempt to take his claim? Will a new challenger emerge?

Predictions for Week 1, July 2011 SmackDown!

IC Title: Ezekiel Jackson © vs. Tyson Kidd w/???

Natalya, AJ, & Kaitlyn vs. Tamina, Rosa Mendes, & Alicia Fox

World Tag Tournament Match: Sin Cara & Daniel Bryan vs. Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater

Johnny Curtis vs. Wade Barrett

Randy Orton vs. Christian

US Title: Ezekiel Jackson © vs. Tyson Kidd w/??? - Do you mean IC? :p

World Tag Tournament Match: Sin Cara & Daniel Bryan vs. Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater

Randy Orton vs. Christian - Screwy finish

Predictions for Week 1, July 2011 SmackDown!

Ez can't lose so soon

Natalya is better than the others

The better oiled machine FTW

Barrett for Champ!

Sets up for a title shot!

If anyone will beat Jackson I doubt it will be Tyson Kidd.

The more talented trio.

Cara and Bryan are awesome but Gabriel and Slater have alot more experience and I think Cara and Bryan would suit singles action more.

Lol Barrett takes this.

I can see Sheamus getting involved though.

Reality Check: I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to be covering the shows, for now I like the idea of posting them like the wrestling sites do with just general overviews. Also the ratings will be done out of 10 instead of 100. So for example, the first segment does a 97/100 which is simply turned into a 9.7/10.

Friday Night SmackDown!

Date: Week 1, June 2011

Commentators: Josh Mathews & Booker T

It's SmackDown!'s first 100% seperate from RAW show and the fallout of Capitol Punishment and the build to Money In The Bank begins!

Randy Orton is out to start the show with the WWE World Heavyweight title on his shoulder. He doesnt waste anytime, saying how glad he is to not only still be World Heavyweight champion, but how glad he is he could do it by beating Christian AGAIN. Hit the switch, Christian is here! Christian comes out and claims he still hasnt been given a fair shot. He mentions how he never had anything handed to him and had to work for nearly 2 decades to earn what was his, but people like Randy have things handed to them on a daily basis and wouldn't know what its like to earn something if it slapped them in the face. Orton takes this time to point out the only reason it took Christian 2 decades to win "the big one" is because it took 2 decades for him to be lucky enough to have escaped Edge's shadow! Christian is furious but before things escalate, Theodore Long is out to let the guys know they can stop talking and its time to put up or shut up, playa. Its Orton vs. Christian tonight in a non-title match!

Rating: 9.7/10 - Good promo work from both guys and the play on Christian beign a seasoned veteran earning his shots and Orton being handed everything as a bluechip prospect really resonated.

WWE Intercontinental Title: Ezekiel Jackson vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker

Josh Mathews informs us that Tyson Kidd's manager search is over and that he has settled on Matt Striker. Zeke is out next to a nice response. The two start off with Zeke doing typical strong man offense until Kidd starts unloading with leg kicks to soften him up and a running dropkick to stumble him. A chop block actually takes Zeke down as Striker cheers on from ringside. Striker is running all over the place outside while Tyson applies a chinlock. Zeke eventually does power out and ends up snapmaring Tyson over. Big clothesline nearly takes Kidd's head off and Zeke is setting up for the Book of Ezekiel, but Striker is on the apron. Zeke throws Kidd aside and chases Striker outside. On his way back in he's caught with a dropkick to the side of the head. Kidd goes on the apron looking for a springboard elbow drop, but Zeke moves. Kidd slowly gets up and gets slammed. And again. And again. And again. AND AGAIN. Torture Rack ends this one!

Rating: 7.1/10 - This match was pretty decent. It made Ezekiel look like an actual wrestler instead of just a dominating monster and even managed to make Tyson Kidd look half decent, although who knows where Kidd goes from here.

We get a video compilation showing a brief history of the WWE Women's title and then a graphic revealing there will be a tournament to crown a new WWE Women's champion at Money In The Bank in what will be a triple threat match. The brackets are Natalya vs. Rosa Mendes, Kaitlyn vs. Alicia Fox, and AJ vs. Tamina. All 6 girls have quick one liners about what being the Women's champion would mean to them. 6.5/10

Natalya, AJ & Kaitlyn vs. Tamina, Alicia Fox & Rosa Mendes

Faces are out to Natalya's music, Heels to Fox's. AJ and Rosa are starting it off and AJ quickly gets teh better of Rosa with some armdrags and a roll up for nearly 3. Rosa quickly tags in Tamina who comes in ad powers AJ down and hits a nice series of elbows in the corner. A scoop slam from Tamina and the heels start the quick tags, isolating AJ. After some failed come back attempts, AJ eventually counters an Alicia Fox suplex into a roll up, for another quick two. Fox pops up angry but stalls argueing with the ref about something allowing AJ to tag in Kaitlyn who hits Alicia from behind causing her to slide out of the ring. Rosa & Tamina come in but are cut off by Natalya. Kaitlyn and Natalya hit stereo slams on Rosa and Tamina! However, Alicia Fox slips back in a rolls up Katilyn for the quick 3 before Natalya knew what happened.

Rating: 6.8/10 - Typical divas stuff. AJ sold like a champ which helped but she can only do so much. With the reintroduction of the Women's title one has to hope it breaths life into the women's division as outside AJ and Natalya there isnt really much talent there. Odd that Natalya was kept out of the match and thats my only real complaint.

We see Teddy Long in his office in front of a board labeled WWE World Tag Team Championship Tournament. The brackets appear to be Sin Cara & Daniel Bryan vs. Heath Salter & Justin Gabriel, set for later tonight, and The Uso's taking on Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. That said, here are Rhodes and DiBiase. They tell Long he should of just given them the titles since not only are they are not Priceless or Legacy, but simply the best. Long says the best shouldn't be afraid of a challenge, and tells DiBiase money cant buy you everything. DiBiase gets mad and leaves. Teddy asks Cody if there will be anything else. Cody kind of looks off into space as it cuts to commercial. Weird. 6.9/10

WWE World Tag Team Title Tournament: Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara vs. Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater

-Bryan and Cara have seperate entrances and Gabriel and Slater come out together. Are they faces or heels? Fans boo them, so I guess heels. Match starts with Bryan taking to to Heath Slater early on, tieing him up in several submissions before Slater takes advantage of an eye poke and neckbreaker to slow Bryan down. Gabriel in, but Bryan tags in Cara as well. Cara and Gabriel FLY around the ring, and its about time they put Cara in there with someone who can keep up with him. Nice sequence of moves from both guys leads to a stand off and the crowd actually cheers. Cara and Gabriel look to go at it again, but Gabriel instead backs into the ropes then tags out to his partner. Cara and Slater go at it for a while not really doing much. Gabriel kicks Cara in the back as he hits the ropes and Slater follows that up with a dropkick that takes Cara down. As we head to commercial.

Back from commercial and Gabriel has Cara grounded. During the commercial, Cara managed to make a tag but Slater had the ref distracted and he didnt see it and he sent Bryan back out. Gabriel and Slater working well as a team hitting a double suplex. Quick tags and stomps keep Cara grounded. Slater locks a butterly and Cara begins to hulk up. Sin up? Cara up? Get motivated by claps in unison slowly increasing temp until he is on the upper hand. He grabs Slater's hand and runs to the corner, Gabriel runs in to try and break it up but after bouncing around the ropes he hits a spiral thing that ends up sending Slater into Gabriel, knocking Gabriel out of the ring. Cara manages to tag in Bryan who unleashes kicks onto Slater's chest finishing with a buzzsaw kick. He goes for a pin but Gabriel jumps back onto the apron and distracts the referee. Cara comes off the near turnbuckle hitting Gabriel with a hurricarana sending Gabriel flying OFF THE APRON. That looked cool! Gabriel landed hard. Slater goes for Sweetness, but Bryan coutners into the LeBell Lock for the tap out, sending himself and Cara into the World Tag Team title match at Money in the Bank.

Rating: 8.1/10 - Really fun match. This is how Cara should be used for a while and I'm liking the team of him and Bryan as I imagine Bryan can help him out alot. Cara hit some cool looking moves for the highlight reels and sold like a champ. And that hurricarana off the apron. My only fear is Gabriel & Slater are caught in limbo after The Corre break up.

Backstage we see Wade Barrett walking to the ring his match his next! Wait, he walks right past Ezekiel Jackson who is polishing the Intercontinental title. Wade stops and him and Zeke stand nose to nose with Wade telling Zeke he got lucky. Zeke tells him there is nothing lucky about domination. Clever. Wade says he may not have the Intercontinental title, but its still his destiny to be World champion and he'll "dominate" anyone to do that. Zeke says Wade knows where to find him if he ever feels like trying to dominate the Personification of Domination. By my count they said dominate or some form of it about 10 times in 2 minutes. 7.4/10

This is Johnny Curtis' debut match on SmackDown! and he comes out to some weird not-quite-country music that doesnt seem to fit him. Barrett is out next to a course of boos. Wade and Curtis start typical with a lock up and some transitions before Wade ends up with Curtis in a headlock. Big belly to back suplex and Wade slides out side the ring to regroup as we head to Commercial.

Back and Barrett and Curtis in the corner, feeding him some solid shots. An Irish whip is reversed and Curtis tries a running clothesline but meets a big boot. Barrett goes for a clothesline of his own out of the corner but Curtis counters with a powerslam for a 2. Curtis on the offence now hitting some stomps and elbow drops before setting up Barrett for a suplex. He cant get Barrett up, and Barrett manages to reverse it for a two of his own. Curtis is first up though and hits a nice looking dropkick on Barrett. Curtis heads up, looking for a leg drop, but Barrett cuts him off. Both men up top now and Barrett is trying a suplexplex. Curtis pushes him off then hits a flying shoulder block for a 2. Curtis up top again, and Barrett cuts him off again. Instead of going for a superplex, Barrett literally just punches Curtis in the face. He pulls him off the top rope and hits the Wasteland for 3.

Rating: 6.6/10 - Solid debut for Curtis, but the fans didnt care about him thanks to those godawful promos. I'm not sure if this is the Braden Walker moment for Curtis or if he some how rebounds. Barrett looks strong, but not strong enough to be a legit challenger for the World title so it looks like him and Zeke might go for another round.

Backstage we see Matt Striker standing by with Sheamus. Sheamus goes on a rant about being the forgotten superstar on SmackDown!. He's the most athletic, the most fierce, and the most dangerous and people should start to take notice soon or he'll make them notice him. 8.4/10

Nothing fancy to start as they just begin throwing haymakers at each other and fight all over the ring until Christian gets in the ropes. The ref forces Randy back and then Christian kicks him right in the cut. Christian begins to work over Randy's back with clubbing forearms and a reverse DDT. Christian continues working the back dropping a knee and then leaving it there pulling on Randy's neck bow and arrowing him back. Orton makes it the ropes and Christian lets it got at 4. "I have till 5" Christian to Jack Doan. Daniel Bryan would agree. Christian goes back at Orton who sends him to the outside by the tights. Randy takes the time to regroup into the corner. Christian back in and goes after Orton who turns it around throwing Christian into the corner. Big punches have Christian reeling. Orton throws Christian across the ring and he hits the turnbuckles front first, stumbling back into the Vintage Randy Orton backbreaker for 2. Orton gets up and begins stomping around Christian. Big knee drop for another 2. Orton pulls Christian up and gets a thumb to the eye. Christian hits a Edge-O-Matic as he head to commercial.

Back and Christian has Orton in a sleeper. Orton fights back and hits a powerslam as Josh calls it, a scoop slam as Michael Cole would wrongfully call it. Both guys back up and its back to a slugfest. Orton gets the upper hand and sends Christian into the corner but he springs back doing a 180 degree shoulder block. Both guys down again, and as they slowly make it to their feet Orton nails an RKO literally out of no where. However before he can get a pin, Sheamus runs out and jumps onto the apron. The referee gets in his face and Sheamus simply throws him aside. He jumps in the ring Brogue Kick takes down Orton! Sheamus jumps out of the ring and slowly backs up the ring smiling. Christian is the first up and the referee is slowly up now as well. Christian goes for the pin, but Orton kicks out at two! Christian cant believe it. Chrsitian pulls up Orton and goes for the Killswitch, countered into an RKO, COUNTERED INTO THE KILLSWITCH! 1-2-3, and Christian gets the win.

Rating: 9.3/10 - Really fun match. Nice slow build kept it interesting. Also the ending was really cool with someone finally countering the RKO in an interesting way instead of the other way around. Sheamus continues to interject himself into the World title picture as well which I approve of. One has to wonder if this leads to Orton finding a partner to take on Christian and Sheamus which would be cool. As long as Orton and Christian have matches like this I'll watch it as many times as they put it on.

Overall Rating: 7.9/10 - A couple things keep the rating low. Firstly, no Kane or Mark Henry which is puzzling. I appreciate them giving newer guys a chance on the big show like Kidd and Curtis, but I feel they could of made room for two of the few true stars to be on the show and that hurt it overall. From a wrestling standpoint the only week match was the women's match and that trend has been true for a while now. On its own it seems SmackDown! is focusing on the wrestling side more, as Josh Mathews and Booker T even used the term several times and Josh was calling a lot more of the moves, and not just under gimmick names. I also have to admit I'm kind of sick of Barrett vs. Jackson but I think maybe they are using it to launch Jackson into the main event instead of Barrett since they need some more good guys up top, and that's kind of good and bad all at once. All in all though, a good wrestling show, a decent entertainment show, has it not above decent, but not quite great yet.

WWE SmackDown! News and Notes: Wednesday, Week 2, July 2011

- WWE SmackDown! did a 4.43 rating on SyFy on Friday. It will be interesting to see how this can change over the coming weeks. It is considered a good rating for the show.

- Yoshi Tatsu defeated Brodus Clay in a dark match before SmackDown!, a fan at the show known as only Mr. Ryland said, "It was about a 5.9 out of 10."

- Over the weekend, SmackDown! did a tour of Canada visiting most of the major cities across the country. It did 5 straight shows headlined by Christian vs. Sheamus with Christian working as a babyface. This was a "bonus" tour as it consisted of a small selection of workers breaking off from the normal house show circuit.

Reality Check: I will likely do this several times. I create a seperate brand called "Tour" and assign it 10 workers who do a tour of an area while the normal roster keeps doing normal house shows. Decent way to keep visibility in other countries and keep revenue up.

- Kenny Dykstra (Kenn Doane) announced he has signed with SmackDown! and will be reporting to Southern Championship Wrestling. Apparentley when management approached the road agents and Dusty Rhdoes about young stars to bring in, nearly everyone mentione Dykstra as someone who was misused during his first run and could make an impact if given the shot.

- Brian Cage, who worked in Florida Championship Wrestling as Kris Logan has also signed a developmental deal with SamckDown! and has been added to the SCW roster page under the name Ethan Reeves.

- Rhett Titus gave his goodbyes to the ROH locker room as he announced he has also been signed to a developmental deal with SmackDown!. He was added to the SCW roster page under the name Chase Haxton.

- Tough Enough contestents Jeremiah Riggs and Rima Fakih signed developmental deals over the weekend.

- William Regal and SmackDown! came to an agreement on a new contract that will see him remain with the company for a long time in his backstage role, which many say he has taken to quickly and was even tasked with producing the main event on last Friday's SmackDown!.

- Earlier today, Derrick Bateman and Ethan Reeves won the SCW Southern Tag Team titles in Southern Championship Wrestling. They wrestled under the tag team name, Team Epic Win. The show marked the debut of Reeves and also marked the debut of Rima Fakih, Jeremiah Riggs, Kenny Dykstra, & Chase Haxton.

- Some backstage are concerned with the idea of having Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan wrestling as a tag team, especially at the Money In The Bank PPV where many called them shoe ins for the match, if not favourites to win it. However apparently management, at the haste of William Regal & Dean Malenko, want to have Cara work with Bryan to help him cope to and learn the WWE style.

Other News and Notes:

- Husky Harris is set to return to RAW. After being sent back down FCW and removed from The New Nexus. He is set to join the main roster again separate from The New Nexus.

- Conor O'Brian won NXT Redemption. The original reward of competing in Season 5 was scrapped along with season 5, and he will intead be reporting to the RAW roster as he was recalled from FCW.

- As well as tourning with NJPW, MVP has signed on with Dragon Gate.

- TNA has recently released So Cal Val & Jeremy Borash, continuing its purge of the plethora of non-active people under contract.

After last Friday's SmackDown!, anything can happen as Hampton Convocation Center will flood blue, LIVE this Friday.

Randy Orton and Christian had a heated affair that was anyone's match until Orton hit the devastating RKO. However, Sheamus, who vowed to prove he is a deserving challenger attacked The Viper and gave the unintentional assist to a Christian victory. Orton has already issued a challenge to Sheamus and we can report for the first time here that Randy Orton will get his wish and face Sheamus in the main event Friday!

WWE gold continues to loom on many Superstars and Diva's minds as the WWE World Tag Team and WWE Women's titles respective tournaments continue this Friday. Ted DiBiase and Cory Rhdoes take on the Samoan Uso's to see who will wrestle Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara at Money In The Bank, while Natalya and Rosa Mendes lock up in the first match in the Women's title tournament.

Conspicuous by their absenses last week both Kane and Mark Henry return to single action this week as qualification bouts for SmackDown!'s own Money In The Bank match take off. Kane faces "The Mastodon of Mayhem" Brodus Clay, Mark Henry faces Dudebuster Trent Barreta and finally Yoshi Tatsu takes on Tyson Kidd with new manager Matt Striker.

Predictions for Week 2, July 2011 SmackDown!

MITB Qualifier: Trent Barreta vs. Mark Henry

MITB Qualifier: Kane vs. Brodus Clay

MITB Qualifier: Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker

Women's Title Tourny: Natalya vs. Rosa Mendes

Tag Title Tourny: The Uso's vs. Rhodes & DiBiase

Non-Title: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

MITB Qualifier: Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker--striker should help his man, otherwise he's a waste

Non-Title: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus ---set up 3 way with another non title loss by the champ

No way Yoshi will be in MITB

Fits in with the feud

Christian causes a DQ?

Tag Title Tourny: The Uso's vs. Rhodes & DiBiase - by DQ, Ted & Cody should be in MITB.

Non-Title: Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - Can't have the champ lose 2 weeks in a row

Yes, I really picked Trent :p

Fits in with the feud otherwise I would pick the Usos.

No way Orton loses 2 weeks in a row in WWE. Would be great if it happened but superheroes can't lose too often.

First four matches seem like easy picks but who knows.

Really enjoying this so far, the detail is great.

Friday Night SmackDown!

Date: Week 2, June 2011

We are well on the road to Money In The Bank! Tonight we see the first qualifications for the Money In The Bank ladder match, the start of the Women's title tournament, and more WWE World Tag Team title tournament action. Green Day and pyro blast as Josh Mathews welcomes us to SmackDown!

Sheamus comes out first and wastes no time verbally laying into Randy Orton. Sheamus goes over his accomplishments as a former World champion and King of the Ring and says few men have risen to the top as fast as he did. Sheamus says he's sick of being stuck on the backburner by terrified champions and biased GM's and if he's going to climb to the top of the mountain he's going to do it with physical force, cue footage from last weeks attack no Randy Orton. Sheamus brags more about being able to take out the champion with one move, and cue Voices as Randy Orton makes his way onto the stage. Orton tells Sheamus anyone can take out someone in the middle of a match or from behind, but it takes a real man to face his obstacles head on. Orton reminds Sheamus that the first thing he did when he got backstage last Friday was storm into Teddy Long's office and request a match with Sheamus and that they are facing off in the main event tonight. Sheamus says he's glad as he can finally make an example out of Orton. Orton invites Sheamus to try since he wasnt the only one who knew how to throw a good punt. 9.2/10

Battle of two monsters to see who gets into a ladder match, gotta love it. Power vs. Power to start with Clay actually getting to look semi impressive. After a Kane shoulder block barely stumbles Clay, Clay flexes and grunts before getting a Kane throat thrust to the crowds amusement. Kane misses a big elbow drop and both men slowly up. Brodus goes for a running tackle, but Kane hits him with a big boot instead. Off the ropes and a low dropkick from Kane gets a 2. Kane locks in a rear chinlock on Clay but Clay makes it to the ropes. A big right hand from a rebounding Brodus actually seems to of rattled Kane and Brodos fires off with more big shots forcing Kane into the shoulder. Whip across the ring, and Brodus follows Kane into the other corner with a big splash followed by a nice T-Bone suplex for an impressive two count. Clay stomps Kane who drags himself into the corner. Clay pulls him up and whips him into the other corner looking to follow up with another big splash but Kane gets the boot up. Kane fights back and hits a big sidewalk slam before heading up top. A flying clothesline connects as both men are down. They both slowly stumble to their feet and begin throwing haymakers back and forth until Clay crabs him with a Tongan Death Grip, looking for his finisher. However Kane manages to get a hand around the throat of Clay and after some joking gets the better hitting a mediocre looking Chokeslam for the 3-count!

Rating: 7.7/10 - Surprisingly decent match from these two big men, as Kane proves he can still go and carry new guys to a good match. Brodus' offense looked devastating, especially the T-Bone but Kane still manages to look strong as well. Kane advances into the MITB Ladder Match.

WWE Women's Title Tournament: Natalya vs. Rosa Mendes

Rosa is looking good tonight! She wastes no time jumping Nattie from behind as Nattie poses to the crowd. She smashes Nattie's head into the mat and barely gets a two count. Snapmared over by the hair and Rosa grabs an arm, working it over. Nattie fights back slowly and hits a suplex for a two count. Nattie grabs Rosa who goes for a low blow, and Nattie no-sells it. Rosa goes for anther but Nattie catches her leg and trips her down tryign to lock in the Sharpshooter, but Rosa scrambles to the ropes and then scrambles outside the ring. The ref wont let Nattie at Rosa, so Nattie goes the long way but Rosa slides back in. As Nattie gets in the ring Rosa cuts her off with a kick to the back of the head. More basic offense from Rosa leads to a headlock. Nattie channels the WWE Universe and makes her way to her feet with Rosa on her back and backs her into the corner breaking the headlock. Coming out of the corner Rosa gets drilled with a Roaring Clothesline! She sold that like a champ. Nattie pulls her into the middle of the ring and locks in the Sharpshooter to add insult to injury for the submission win!

Rating: 6.9/10 - Nattie proved she is as good as the internet says making Rosa look half decent. Rosa's offense looked weak, but what else is new. In my books Nattie is likely the favourite to win the Women's belt, but where does she go from there if she does?

He get a music video highlighting Sin Cara and Daniel Bryan's victory last week, splicing in several highlights of theirs from other matches too. Josh and Booker hype them as being a serious tag team. 7.0/10

World Tag Team Title Tournament: The Uso's vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Ted and one of the Uso's start this. The Uso's get the early advantage using some suprerior speed to take DiBiase down with a nice serious of transitions finishing off with a big DDT for a 2. DiBiase slides outside and gets consoled by Cody Rhodes as we head to commercial.

Back from commercial and Rhodes is working over one of the Uso's. During the break, DiBiase & Rhdoes used some underhanded tactics and an illegal tag to take control of the match. The Uso's fight back, but Cody manages to cut him off, Josh says its Jey so I'll take his word, with nice springboard kick for a 2. Quick tags begin to soften Jey up as we get anther serious of two counts. DiBiase is in the ring and argueing with the ref, he turns straight into the super kick from Jey. Double hot tags and Jimmy is in to clean house. He takes out DiBiase and hits Rhodes off the ropes. He goes up top for a splash, and drills it on DiBiase, 1-2-RHODES breaks it up. Cross Rhodes on Jimmy from Rhodes who then also nails Jey off the apron. DiBiase back up and he hits Dream Street on Jimmy as well for the 3 count.

Rating: 7.1/10 - The fans just didnt buy the Uso's as a serious threat despite some decent work. The Uso's need some mic time or some reason to be around as they went from jobber heels to a contending babyface team on SmackDonw! overnight it seems.

The WWE World Tag Team Title match is set and it will be Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase at Money In The Bank.

Ezekiel Jackson is out to tell the WWE Universe how he appreciates their support. He mentions how his time with The Corre was simply him trying to get noticed, but he noticed the flaws of his old faction and got out "when the getting was good." He says to be a true champion is to have the respect of the fans, and someone like Wade Barrett will never have respect until he mans up. Barrett is on the screen and mentions how happy he is to not be there tonight. He says he has the night off and is spending it "enjoying the single life." Barrett says when he won NXT season 1, he created the Nexus out of loyalty to his NXT season 1 comrades, and the fans hated him for it. He was a loyal man, and the fans hated him. When he came to SmackDown! he took in Ezekiel who was lifting weights and not much else, and the fans hated him for it. Barrett is sick of the fans, and sick of Jackson, and vows to take Big Zeke out and says if he wouldn't get sued for it, he would take out every fan one-by-one as well. 7.5/10

Somebody's gonna get their behind (PG!) kicked! Henry corners Barreta early, but Barreta uses speed to get around Henry and fly around the ring. Low kicks work the World's Strongest Men's legs and a running knee actually sends Henry to the outside. Barreta goes for a leap to the outside, but Henry catches him and slams him into the ring post. World's Strongest Slam on the floor! Henry lifts a lifeless Barreta back into the ring. World's Strongest Slam again and we get a three count!

Rating: 7.0/10 - Basic domination from Henry but Barreta was given a little bit of time at the beginning to shine, but we all saw this coming.

Backstage we see Tyson Kidd standing with Todd Grisham. Tyson says he has always been surrounded by people who doubted his ability. He was always looked at as the guy from Calgary who wasn't a Hart, but he and everyone always knew he was the best wrestler to come out of the Dungeon EVER. He says one man shares his vision and he brings in Matt Striker. 5.0/10

MITH Qualifier: Yoshi Tastu vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker

Yoshi's music is awesome. Kidd jumps Tatsu as he his bowing to the fans to take the early advantage. Striker jumps up on the apron as Kidd applies an illegal choke. The ref admonishes Striker as Yoshi gasps for air. Kidd hits a series of kicks and locks on a surfboard like move, but Yoshi makes it to the ropes. Kidd argues with the ref and Striker jumps up on the apron again to join in on the arguing. Yoshi hits Kidd from behind forcing him into Striker sending him off the apron, then rolling up Kidd for a quick two count. Yoshi takes over and hits some kicks and clotheslines on Kidd and gets another quick 2. Kidd ducks a roundhouse kick, Yoshi ducks a clothesline and runs off the ropes, Tyson heads the other way and they meet in the middle with a double crossbody as we head to break.

Back in the ring and Kidd is dominating. During the break, Striker tripped up Yoshi to give Kidd the advantage. Yoshi slowly fights back and hits a big back drop. Yoshi is singnalling for another Roundhouse Kick, but Striker is on the apron again, and Yoshi nearly takes his head off with a big Roundhouse Kick! Yoshi turns around right into a Northern Lights Suplex and Tyson Kidd gets the three!

Rating: 6.8/10 - Striker was all over the screen today which is a decent way to establish him as a ringside presence, but one has to wonder why he wasn't the main mouthpiece in the earlier interview as Tyson did 100 of the talking. A good match, but the fans didn't care as much as one would have hoped.

Christian is out and cuts a promo saying how much he dreamed of being World Heavyweight champion. He mentions he always dreamed of holding the gold, cheered on by the fans, and he achieved that dream. Only to have the fans turn their backs on him. He says he has a new dream, and that's to win the World Heavyweight title and bring it back to Canada for himself, and only himself! 10/10

Christian is hanging out on commentary this week. Orton gets the early advantage after he gets the better of a physical exchange and gets a quick two on Sheamus. He attempts to send Sheamus into the ropes, but gets reversed. Sheamus nails a big double axe handle for a 2. Sheamus quickly transitions into a headlock and is grinding his forearms into Randy's face. Orton makes his way to his feet, but as he is about to break free from Sheamus' grip he is whipped back down to the ground and the headlock is reapplied. Orton slowly makes his way back up, but this time, sits back down into a jawbreaker to break the headlock. Orton hits some big right hands the sends Sheamus into the ropes, hitting him with a big powerslam for a 2. Sheamus rolls onto the apron and uses the top rope to hang up Orton as Randy tries to advance his attack. Flying Shoulder Block over the top rope sends Orton down as we head to break.

Sheamus mounted offense on the break going outside the ring and sending Orton into the guardrails several times and now controls Orton with a bearhug in the middle of the ring. Orton slowly fights back with some punches to the temple then slips out and hits his Vintage Orton Backbreaker! Both slowly make it up and Orton starts unleashing clotheslines, Sheamus ducks one and then NAILS the Brougue Kick on Orton! 1-2-KICKOUT!. Sheamus cant believe it. He signals for the High Cross and sets Orton up but is backdropped for his troubles. Sheaums rolls onto the apron, but Randy cuts him off and pulls him back in for the hanging DDT for the 2. Orton cant believe it. Orton pulls Sheamus back up, but Sheamus pokes him right in the eye sending Orton reeling. Orton turns around and Sheamus goes for anther Brogue Kick, but Orton ducks and Sheamus kills referee Charles Robinson with the kick instead. Sheamus turns around right into an RKO, but the ref is down and cant make the count. Christian runs in and nails Orton from behind with the World Heavyweight belt, then hits the Killswitch for good measure! Sheamus slowly comes too and capitalizes on the moment, pulling up a near lifeless Orton and hitting the High Cross. The referee slowly comes too and makes a slow three count to give Sheamus the win!

Rating: 8.5/10 - Good match as always between these two. With Christian and Sheamus, Orton has two opponents he can put on great matches with, but hopefully the main event gets new blood soon as it could become tiring.

Overall Rating: 8.0/10 - Good show this week, slightly better then last week by only the slightest of margins. Having Kane and Mark Henry back on the card didn't hurt, even with the predictable finishes to most of the matches. One has to wonder what WWE is going to do with Money In The Bank with Sin Cara/Daniel Bryan/Cody Rhodes/Ted DiBiase all tied up in the Tag title match.

- WWE SmackDown! did a 4.53 rating on SyFy on Friday. This is up from last weeks 4.43.

- Tamina and Alicia Fox defeated The Chick Busters of Kaitlyn & AJ in a dark match before SmackDown! last Friday. A random fan named 20LEgend said "Seemed like a 4.7/10 to me. I was sitting the whole time, but giving AJ a standing ovation all at the same time!"

- Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental title has been announced for the Money In The Bank PPV.

- Rima Fakih won the SCW Women's title over the weekend at a special SCW event.

- Lacey Von Erich signed a developmental deal with SmackDown! and will report to SCW in the coming days. Although Lacey had already once had a developmental deal and during her run with TNA proved she wasn't much in the ring, some SmackDown! brass are hoping another stay in a training facility can turn her into a useful member of the Diva's division.

- Word around SmackDown! is that management have been strongly looking for several tag teams to bring in. Several weeks ago Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli had a tryout before the WWE split into two entities, no word on if they are going to be offered contracts.

Other News and Notes:

- Damien Sandow was recalled to RAW from FCW. Sandow had a run a few years back in tag team managed by Michelle McCool and was released. He was resigned and repackaged.

- Tomoaki Honma was injured this week and will be out 54 days with Spinal Disalignment.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/MITB.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton © vs. Christian/Sheamus

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ezekiel Jackson © vs. Wade Barrett

WWE World Tag Team Championship

Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

WWE Women's Championship

Natalya vs. Kaitlyn/Alicia Fox vs. AJ/Tamina

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker vs. Johnny Curtis/Chavo Guerrero vs. Jey Uso/Jimmy Uso/Heath Slater/Justin Gabriel vs. Yoshi Tatsu/???

After last Friday's SmackDown!, anything can happen as Sudduth Coliseum will flood blue, LIVE this Friday.

Last week Randy Orton faced stiff competition yet again in the form of Sheamus. And yet again, Orton loss due to interference, this time it was Christian helping Sheamus. We can report here first that this week, SmackDown! General Manager, Theodore Long, has booked Christian and Sheamus to face each other 1-on-1 in a number 1 contender's match for the WWE World Heavyweight championship!

Qualification matches for the Money In The Bank Ladder Math continue this week with 3 more matches to name the 3 final combatents. Johnny Curtis and Chavo Guerrero face off and a 4-Way match between Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Heath Slater, & Justin Gabriel will be for another spot as tag team members collide. And Yoshi Tatsu gets another chance to qualify against an unknown opponent.

The Women's Championship Tournament continues this week with Kaitlyn taking on the ever devious Alicia Fox. Last week Natalya qualified for the final match, will one of her protoge's in Kaitlyn follow her mentor?

Predictions for Week 3, July 2011 SmackDown!

MITB Qualifier: Johnny Curtis vs. Chavo Guerrero

MITB Qualifier: Yoshi Tatsu vs. ???

MITB Qualifier: Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel

Women's Title Tourny: Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn

Christian vs. Sheamus

BONUS 1: Who is Yoshi's mystery opponent? (they are already employed and listed somewhere in the top post)

BONUS 2: What Tag Team will be debuting at Money in the Bank? (they are NOT in the top post)

Reality Check:

Thanks for the views so far. And predictions. I may do some sort of prediction competition (all previous predictions would be counted) but I'm not sure.

I, at least at the beginning, are keeping shows short. Literally. SmackDown! is set as only an hour and a half, as that better simulates reality IMO as only about an hour and a half of SmackDown is broadcast on TV and thats the part one "books", and PPV's will be vey short, likely only 2 hours. I dont like bloated rosters, so sorry for that. Likely as I get going though the roster will grow and I will find things to do with people that will allow me to make the shows longer. For example, the only matches booked for the MITB PPV are the ones above, instead of the normal 6-8. But that can be attributed to the MITB match it self since it utilizes several people who would've likely factored into non-title undercard matches.

MITB Qualifier: Johnny Curtis vs. Chavo Guerrero - Chavo is more over, this one's actually hard to call though.

MITB Qualifier: Yoshi Tatsu vs. ??? - Mystery Man!

MITB Qualifier: Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel - No way Uso's are in MITB.

Women's Title Tourny: Alicia Fox vs. Kaitlyn - Undefined? LOL.

Christian vs. Sheamus - Draw sets up triple threat,

BONUS 1: Who is Yoshi's mystery opponent? - Booker T maybe?

BONUS 2: What Tag Team will be debuting at Money in the Bank? - MCMG?

Chavo > all

The Mystery man will win no matter who he is.

Gabriel is the only one there with a bright future.

Guess.

Christian vs. Sheamus

Going for a draw, double DQ, something like that.

BONUS 1: Who is Yoshi's mystery opponent? (they are already employed and listed somewhere in the top post)

Booker T

BONUS 2: What Tag Team will be debuting at Money in the Bank? (they are NOT in the top post)

Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli - The Kings of Wrestling (What's the betting everyone says this now? Lol)

I also think a prediction contest would be pretty cool, involves the readers more aswell.

By in the top post do you mean on the actual roster or might they be in development?

Could be a name mentioned anywhere in the first post. From SmackDown Superstars, Divas, staff members, development, anywhere.

As for a contest I'm just not sure what the reward would be. I've seen some that say you can chose one person to hire, but I dont want to do that as I'd hate to have someone I don't have a good storyline for hired and wasted. Any ideas on things readers would like? Maybe a "book a storyline" thing would be better, but would actually involve work on the readers side. Or maybe I could give the winner every month 3-5 options of things I'm thinking of doing and they can chose which one and force me to do it? So if someone wins I'd send them a PM right before/after I post a PPV (competition runs from PPV to PPV) and say:

You win! Here are you 5 choices.

1. Turn Daniel Bryan heel and feud with Sin Cara

2. Hire/Call Up so-and-so (picked by me) and utilize them.

3. Give Kane a title run of some sort.

4. Fire/Bury so-and-so (picked by me)

5. Begin feud between one of these faces (several choices picked be me) and one of these heels (several choices picked be me)

This will give me some control so I dont end up having to book/write something I don't want, but also give the reader some control as well. This would also be a good way for me to solve dilemma's when I run into a situation where I'm not sure to do with someone.

thoughts?

Christian vs. Sheamus DRAW

BONUS 1: Who is Yoshi's mystery opponent? (they are already employed and listed somewhere in the top post) Kenny Dykstra

BONUS 2: What Tag Team will be debuting at Money in the Bank? (they are NOT in the top post) Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli

Christian vs. Sheamus

BONUS 1: Who is Yoshi's mystery opponent? (they are already employed and listed somewhere in the top post) CALL UP Kenny :D

BONUS 2: What Tag Team will be debuting at Money in the Bank? (they are NOT in the top post) Even though it's a return I call The World's Greatest Tag Team, Haas and Benjamin

Friday Night SmackDown!

Date: Week 3, June 2011

We kick of with Christian making his way out and grabbing a mic. He berates the fans in attendence and at home as none of them can ever imagine how much he had to scratch and claw to become the superstar he is today. Christian also said no one deserves to be a superstar as much as him. He shows a clip from last week of him helping Sheamus defeat Randy Orton. Tonight he faces Sheamus is a number one contender's match, and he hopes Sheamus does the right thing and lay down before the veteran and pay his dues. This cues Sheamus who comes up to a little pop actually. Sheamus gets right into the ring and grabs a mic. Listen here FELLA! Sheamus mentions not have 20 years in the business. In fact he became a World champion in less then a year. He says that the WWE Universe have never seen anyone as dangerous and talented as him and people like Christian and Orton need to realize its time for the Celtic Warrior to rule the WWE Universe. Christian tells Sheamus that he's a nobody and got lucky. Luck is the tool of a weak man and just like the fans, just like Orton, Sheamus has never earned a thing in his life. Sheamus takes offense and mentions Christian is right and wrong all at once. Sheamus IS nothing like the fans, he is actually successful. The fans erupt in boos on that one. Sheamus says he will earn what is already rightfully his, not only tonight when he beats Christian to become the #1 contender, but at Money In The Bank when he comes World Heavyweight champion! 9.6/10

MITB Qualifying Match: Johnny Curtis vs. Chavo Guerrero

Curtis is out to little reaction, but Chavo gets a half decent field of boos. Chavo takes advantage after a few early back-and-forth spots after managing to counter a Curtis back suplex by flipping out and chop blocking him down. Chavo begins working the knee with kicks and stomps and event a DDT to the foot. Shades of Lance Storm as Chavo locks on the single leg Boston Crab. Curtis is starting to get a little support and makes it to the ropes. The ref has to almost pull Chavo off of Curtis to break the hold. Chavo goes back at Curtis but gets a big right hand to the mouth. Curtis takes advantage working Guerrero around the ring with basic offense before hitting a bulldog out of the corner for a 2. Curtis lifts up Chavo and signals for a suplex or something, but Chavo coutners out and gets a quick roll up and looks to have this won with a fist full of tights. However vigilant referee John Cone sees Chavo's handful and refuses to count. Chavo cant believe it and turns right into Falcon Arrow from Curtis who hooks the leg and gets a 3 count! Upset.

Rating: 6.2/10 - It was a half decent match, but the fans didnt have much interest in cheering Curtis and only minimal interest in booing Chavo. Curtis has some proving to do at the PPV.

Backstage Randy Orton is with Todd Grisham who asks him about who he'd prefer to fight at Money In The Bank. Orton runs down his history with Christian in the recent months, and then mentions his history with Sheamus on RAW. Orton says he could care less as both guys are the same to him, future victims of the Viper! 8.4/10

WWE Women's Title Tournament: Kaitlyn vs. Alicia Fox

Kaitlyn is out by herself for this one as is Alicia. Both girls mouth off at first before Alicia slaps Kaitlyn right in the mouth! Kaitlyn fires back with some forums and sends Alicia into the ropes and hits a back elbow and gets a quick two. Alicia rolls back into the corner and cant believe she almost lost that quickly. Kaitlyn tries to go after Alicia but gets a kick right to the cut and is tossed into the corner. Alicia kicks her in the midsection several times before hitting a higher-esque kick that doesn't look to connect but Kaitlyn sells anyway. Alicia taunts to the crowd before going for a pin and only getting a two. Kaitlyn begins to fight back, but gets knocked down and locked in a headscissors by Alicia. Kaitlyn fights her way to her feet and ends up with Alicia on her shoulders in an impressive feat of strength! Electric Chair Drop and both girls are down. Charles Robinson does a double count and both girls are up at 7. Strikes back and forth and Kaitlyn is getting the upper hand. She looks to be firing up for a big clothesline, but Alicia pulls Charles Robinson in front of her and Kaitlyn stops in her tracks. Alicia pushes Charles back out of the way and hits a big boot to Kaitlyn's face. Kaitlyn slowly attempts to get up but gets Scissor Kicked for her troubles as Alicia Fox gets the three.

Rating: 6.5/10 - This match was better then it had any right to be and I dont know why. For a women's match it was actually fairly crisp and Fox really surprised seemingly leading Kaitlyn through this one by the hand.

We cut backstage where Todd Grisham says he's standing by for an interview with Kane outside his locker room. As he waits the door flies open and Kane and Mark Henry emerge from the dressing room throwing fists with each other. Kane gets the upper hand tossing Henry into several walls, but Henry fights back with a low blow and sending Kane into a catering table knocking food everywhere. Road agents and backstage personal show up pulling the two monsters apart. 7.9/10

MITB Qualifying Match: Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel

Despite being a four way, both teams come out together. The match resembles more of a Tornado Tag as the match starts out. Lots of random brawling before Jimmy Uso manages to hit Justin Gabriel with a decent looking DDT. The Uso's begin to double team Slater in the ring, hitting a double flapjack followed by double elbow drops. Instead of going for the pin, The Uso's play rock paper scissors. Jey wins and goes for a pin but only gets a 1 count. As the Uso's contemplate their next move, Gabriel flies in and smashes Jey from behind. Jimmy goes to take it to Gabriel but cant get the upper hand and is forced into the corner. Gabriel sends Jimmy across the ring and then runs in hitting a nice looking crossbody into the corner which looks unique. Jimmy stumbles out and gets a Blue Thunder Bomb from Gabriel, but before Gabriel can go for a pin, Jey is back up and begins throwing punches. Slater attempts to come in but gets Superkicked right out of the ring. The Uso's now double team Gabriel and have him down in the ring. Jimmy climbs to the top rope signaling for a splash, but before he can jump, Slater reappears and pushes him off the top rope sending him crashing into the canvas. Jey goes running at Slater and ends up taking both himself and Slater to the outside with a clothesline. In the mayhem, Gabriel has made it to the top rope and nails Jimmy with a 450 Splash! At the same time, Heath Slater nails Jey with Sweetness outside, just as Gabriel begins going for the pin. Slater turns and sees it and feints like he's going to slide in to break it up, but instead just stands by as Gabriel gets the 3 count. Slater comes in and celebrates with Gabriel but looks dissapointed.

Rating: 6.2/10 - Something about this match was off. The fans didnt really buy into the Uso's and it was just kind of a cluster of spots. The ending was the highlight with Slater making the choice to allow his partner to win which is a unique approach in this kind of match as usually alliances are really tested when partners end up breaking each others pins. Slater stepping aside, but still being kind of somber was a cool idea.

Backstage we see Ezekiel Jackson talking to Yoshi Tatsu asking who his mystery opponent is. Yoshi says he doesnt know. Just then, Wade Barrett storms in attacking Zeke from behind. Wade grabs Yoshi and thows him into a metal door nearby. Jackson is back up and chases off Barrett before going to check on Yoshi. 8.2/10

Back from commercial we see Matt Striker standing by. He mentions how happy he is to represent the best pound-for-pound wrestler on SmackDown! in Tyson Kidd. The camera pans back to show Kidd standing to Striker's side, hair spiked high. Striker goes on to say that having such a important and valuble superstar as his client, he has been forced to go out and hire protection. The camera pans back again revealing Brodus Clay in the background who flexes and grunts ni the camera. Striker finishes off saying that with himself and Brodus Clay to back him up, Tyson Kidd will not only win the Money In The Bank Ladder Match, but will cash in the contract that night and win the World Heavyweight title in one night! 6.8/10

MITB Qualifying Match: Yoshi Tatsu vs. ???

Yoshi is out first, showing the signs of injured ribs thanks to Wade Barrett's earlier assault. He waits in the ring for several seconds when Cody Rhodes finally comes out. Josh Mathews acts shocked and him and Booker wonder what this means, as if Cody wins he will be in two matches at Money In The Bank. Yoshi and Cody start fairly, and Yoshi gets an early advantage using a series of kicks, but Rhodes quickly fights back with punches right to the injured ribs. Rhodes go for a back suplex but Yoshi flips out. Tatsu pauses for just a second thanks to his injured ribs, but then goes for a big Roundhouse Kick on Rhodes. Given time to react, Rhodes ducks and quickly hooks up Yoshi and drills the Cross Rhodes for the three count.

Rating: 7.0/10 - This sure is out of left field. The match was what it was, but the intrigue had the fans in a murmur throughout.

Backstage we see Daniel Bryan and Sin Cara watching the post-match celebrating of Rhodes on a TV. Bryan turns to the camera and goes on to say Cody will have to get his priorites straight if he thinks he and DiBiase have any chance of beating Sin Cara and himself. 7.0/10

World Heavyweight Title #1 Contender's Match: Sheamus vs. Christian

After his promos of being a grizzled veteran, its ironic that Christian is dumb enough to attempt to out power Sheamus with a lock up. Sheamus quickly pushes Christian into the corner, but referee Jack Doan seperates them. Christian stays in the corner and Sheamus goes after him a gain, but Christian ducks into the ropes and Doan forces Sheamus back again. Chrsitian quickly hops forward and pokes Sheamus right in the eye with his thumb. Sheamus is thrashing around blindly, but Christian manages to sneak in and roll him up for a 1 count. Sheamus is still half blind and Christian hits him with a reverse DDT and then hits a low running clothesline on Sheamus as he sits up and gets a 2 count. Sheamus quickly rolls out of the ring and regains his composure as we head to commercial.

Back and Sheamus in in charge now with Christian in a neck crank. During the break, they brawled outside, and Sheamus got in the ring first, as Christian went to get in, Sheamus kicked the ropes low blowing him. Back to live action and Christian makes it to the ropes and Sheamus uses as much of the refs 5-count as he can. This time Christian rolls out of the ring to regroup, but Sheamus follows him out. Sheamus grabs Christian and sends him into the ring step. Chrsitian slowly tries to get back up and Sheamus charges him, but Christian moves and Sheamus eats the ring post. Both guys are down as the ref is in the middle of a 10-count. Christian makes it in at 7 and thinks he won, but Sheamus barely makes it in at 9. Christian goes to whip Sheamus but gets tossed himself into the corner. Sheamus goes to follow him in, but Christian moves and hits his Teter-Totter kick. Sheamus is stumbled and Christian heads to the second rope and takes out Sheamus with a flying uppercut. He goes for a pin but only gets 2. Christian slowly pulls Sheamus up and sets up the Killswitch, but Sheamus spins out and then drills Christian with a Brogue Kick! Both guys are down but Sheamus gets an arm across Christian. 1-2-KICKOUT!. Both guys seem to have nothing left, and the ref begins a 10-count. Sheamus and Christian barely stumble up at 8, and begin exchanging blows again. Sheamus gets the slight upper hand and nails Christian as the crowd begins to roar, spinning him around RIGHT INTO AN RKO FROM RANDY ORTON! Where did he come from? Orton hops right back up and then drills Sheamus with an RKO as well! Jack Doan calls for the bell as Orton stands tall in the ring. Doan and Tony Chimel are conferencing as we see a replay of Randy Orton coming out from under the ring to hit Christian with an RKO. Chimel announces it as a double DQ as Orton stand in the ring over Christian and Sheamus who are heaps in the ring.

Rating: 8.5/10 - Good match between the two, but the fans were kind of lost with no one to boo. It was interesting though as just as one of Christian or Sheamus seemed to be the babyface in peril they would use cheap tactics to get out of it.

Overall Rating: 7.6/10 - SmackDown! is trying to push some newer stars by giving them TV time and I'm okay with that. But one cant ignore the fact that while Johnny Curtis and The Uso's take up TV time, the people the fans want to see are being neglected to semi-useless backstage segments.

- WWE SmackDown! did a 4.36 rating on SyFy on Friday. This is down from last weeks 4.53.

- Many were surprised with the choice to have Cody Rhodes work double duty at the PPV, especially when one of those matches is a ladder match. Many speculate this is likely simply SmackDown! trying to see how serious WWE fans are willing to take Rhodes as a contender.

- Lacey Von Erich has officially joined SCW today after signing a developmetnal deal with SmackDown! last week.

- Word backstage is SmackDown! has signed a top tag team to come into the promotion as soon as possible. At this point there is no word who it is, but we can confirm that The Kings of Wrestling recently signed a long term deal with Ring of Honor and wont be the team making the jump.

Other News and Notes:

- RAW has brought up Tito Colon form FCW. Tito is Primo and Carlito's cousin.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/wilhelmce/MITB.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Randy Orton © vs. ???

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Ezekiel Jackson © vs. Wade Barrett

WWE World Tag Team Championship

Daniel Bryan & Sin Cara vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

WWE Women's Championship

Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. AJ/Tamina

Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Kane vs. Johnny Curtis vs. Mark Henry vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker & Brodus Clay

One week away from WWE Money In The Bank and anything can happen as SmackDown! invades the Eihusen Arena, LIVE this Friday.

Last week Christian and Sheamus wrestled to a double DQ when Randy Orton RKOed both men, leaving no clear contender for Orton's World Heavyweight title. However, not only has SmackDown! General Manager Theodore Long promised he will announce the #1 contender but also announced in the main event of SmackDown! World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton will team with Intercontinental champion Ezekiel Jackson to take on the tag team of Sheamus and Wade Barrett!

Qualification matches for the Money In The Bank Ladder Match have finished with 6-men qualifying for the match this Sunday. One of those men is Cody Rhodes who will also be competing for the WWE World Tag Team titles on Sunday. However this Friday Cody Rhodes will have his hands full as he faces off vs. Daniel Bryan. Meanwhile, Cody's partned Ted DiBiase will go one-on-one with the other 1/4 of the World Tag Team title match in the international sensation Sin Cara!

The Women's Championship Tournament continues this week with AJ facing off against Tamina. Last week AJ's best friend Kaitlyn failed to qualify for the match when she lost to Alicia Fox. Which AJ be able to avenge her friends loss and also prove herself to her mentor Natalya?

Finally, in a preview of the Money In The Bank Ladder Match, Kane will team up with NXT season 4 winner Johnny Curtis to take on Mark Henry and Tyson Kidd! After last weeks wild brawl, many are wondering just what will happen in this match when Kane and Henry meat, especially with Kidd's new wildcards at ringside in Matt Striker & bodyguard Brodus Clay.

Women's Title Tourny: AJ vs. Tamina

Kane & Johnny Curtis vs. Mark Henry & Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker & Brodus Clay

Sin Cara vs. Ted DiBiase

Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes

Randy Orton & Ezekiel Jackson vs. Sheamus & Wade Barrett

Women's Title Tourny: AJ vs. Tamina

Kane & Johnny Curtis vs. Mark Henry & Tyson Kidd w/Matt Striker & Brodus Clay

Sin Cara vs. Ted DiBiase

Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes

Randy Orton & Ezekiel Jackson vs. Sheamus & Wade Barrett

Archived