Does anyone know if there are any plans on releasing a new TEW in the near future?

I kind of want to purchase 2010 but since it's been out for a while now if I buy it and then 2 months later TEW 2012 or something gets announced I'll be pretty pissed off.

I doubt you need to worry about that. Adam's pretty busy working on the comic book game right now and it's not due to the end of the year. Then factor in time for him to to deal with early release bugs in CBH. Then allow time for him to recharge his batteries before tackling the next coding project. You do all that and then it becomes pretty stunning if the announcement of the next TEW or WMMA game came from him until at least this time next year.

Given the work being done on Greatest Cape right now, the fact that Ryland typically takes a break between games, and the time it would to do a new TEW, a year from now is the absolute minimum. And it would likely be much longer than that. Assuming a new TEW is even the next game he does.

Given the work being done on Greatest Cape right now, the fact that Ryland typically takes a break between games, and the time it would to do a new TEW, a year from now is the absolute minimum. And it would likely be much longer than that. Assuming a new TEW is even the next game he does.

If things go really well it might even be a CBH Volume 2 :D

I definitely understand where the original poster is coming from. I bought TEW2007 and then the next week 08 was announced. I was sooo far from thrilled :p

I had a similar experience with TEW 2008 to 2010 but it didn't worry me, the four months or so of game time I got out of that was well worth it.

This was asked by someone recently and in a post Adam himself said that the absolute earliest that a new TEW would be released is September 2012. Can't remember exactly where he said it but he did say it, so if you buy it you would have a little over a year maybe more so I would reccomend doing so that way you can get familiar with the game before jumping into the next.

Archived