Install Freezes at 81 percent

I am not sure what is going on, but I keep trying to install BBCF on my new Windows 7 PC. I have tried following all of the recommended items on installing on the website, but still no luck. It is getting stuck at 81 percent on the install, which is the Windows/Fonts/ SF Electrotome Bold Oblique.ttf

Would love some help on this.

• 3 months later...

I got a reply from Scott Vibert who does tech support for Grey Dog Software and he said:

"The error at the 81% mark of the installation process is when it is

dealing with a font file correct? Typically what this error means is

that another program on your computer is locking access to a file the

installer needs to map too while running (Instant Messaging and

Microsoft Office/Outlook programs are frequent culprits here). Running

the install without these programs running usually resolves the issue.

If the issue is with the download itself, then this would indicate that

somehow you are actually still trying to grab the file from your

computers cache, this would be very unusual unless you are using a dial

up internet provider. If you are, then deleting the computer's internet

cache and then holding the Ctrl button while downloading should resolve

the issue."

After trying not to have anything open, I was actually able to do a successful download! Hope it works for everyone else!

Try this solution and let me know:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1732530#post1732530

Some people have issues with the fonts installing and this causes the install to freeze. The fix involves downloading this zip and moving the fonts into your "fonts" folder in windows (which installs them).

Then, try and re-run the install:

http://72.29.67.246/GDS/BBCFFonts.zip

Figured out how to run the install as administrator and tried the XP compatibility mode and still hanging up at 81%. Tried running the exe that was installed in the GDS folder and when i try to create a league I get a run time error 53. Ugh I thought new computers were supposed to be better.

• 5 months later...

This still seems unresolved for some people so I thought I'd share what I did to fix it. I had been having this problem and administrator mode, manual font install per the sticky, and closing programs like Excel and Word didn't fix it for me.

Here's what ended up doing the trick. Any or all of these may have been the culprit, but these are the steps I took on the final install where everything went through:

-Closed ALL programs - web browser, IM clients, open folders, etc. Perhaps one of them was causing the issue.

-Ran in compatibility as XP SP3.

Hope that helps. If you didn't pull out all the stops yet, there may be some process you didn't expect that hangs up the font folder. In this case, looking over the thread, it must have been the IM program. Never even occurred to me and I missed the first time IM was mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived