Multiplayer Cornellverse Diary

So what I'm getting right now from this thread is that there will be 2 or 3 promotions, with each having some sort of "lead" person dividing up the duties that go with booking and writing the show, is that right?

Assuming that's the case, I'm interested and would be up for contributing ideas in regards to booking, and I can definitely do writing, but wouldn't want to be a key writer.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly ray.

If there is going to be two, then we would need at LEAST two that want to 'take the reigns' so to say. However the lines are drawn, and whatever teams are constructed, afterwards is up to them to delegate work loads.

I don't want to place rules and regulations on that aspect, as it takes the creativity and fun out of it. I know personally for me I can say I have no problem taking the workload for whatever promotion I get. I'm bad with graphics so I'll be looking for some help there as I find good banners really add to a show.

But if say one team wants to have one guy handle the tag team division, write all the matches/segments up involving them and hand them in to whomever would be doing the show? Then go for it.

We'd need to get numbers of people interested, as well as how the lines would be divided. Like I said I have a few ideas regarding all or any scenarios, but am opEn mindEd to any and all suggestions.

The hype for this is getting good, don't worry it's only going to keep heating up!

I think to get this straight we should get anyone interested to post first that they are interested and confirm they want to be part of this and then there preferred promotion (with SWF / TCW at first, expanding if there is a greater number, maybe to USPW. Who I'd join if we set up a third promotion as head BTW (assuming you'll be taking TCW head job).) That way we can have a confirmed life of who is part of this to make sure it is organised, and doesn't have us wondering who is in and what not.

I have no problems with using SWF, just their product settings. I have stirrings ideas to get rid of that or explain it anyhow, which could use input as well.

Would the people interested now want to start with a draft? (just between TCW/SWF workers, with maybe each promotion being allowed one outside draft)

Ripper, the more the merrier. Like I said before though, try and know your limitations.

I see alot of people start these things, an quit or get burnt out for various reasons, and that's what I want to try and avoid. But the more hands on deck means the more creative and longstanding this is going to be.

Don't get me wrong, not everyones going to like all ideas. Not EVERYTHING is going to run smoothly. But nor does it in real life ;)

Thats why I fully expect there to be some controversy. I want whatever team I am on to push the envelop. Force the other team to bring their A game. Keep everyone on their toes.

Here's what I would do with a draft:

All title holders exempt.

Anyone with a relationship with the boss exempt. (This makes sense in terms of realism, but favors SWF, I think)

3-5 additional exemptions (I think 5)

All Remaining Workers available to be drafted, plus the following:

1 Worker each who is on a written deal outside of the "Big 2"

3 or less Workers each who are on PPA deals outside of the "Big 2"

Opinions and discussion welcome, obviously. Also, we don't have to do a draft, just throwing this out there because it'd be interesting.

Ya the draft isn't a must.

Although I'd b wanting to make some trades beforehand, regardless of which promotion I ended up with (as for storylines I have planned there are a few key guys either way)

But I do like how you've set it up as well and that would work for me. Not as many workers would be moving in that situation as just a straight up draft.

Don't back out just yet. We don't have to touch the rosters. An idea we are tossing around. Although if most want to deviate from the original rosters, the majority rules of course.

If you do trades and not drafts you could always put the diary in the future, say October of 2010 or any date for that matter. That way you can explain the trades as simply being workers left TCW for the SWF or the other way around.

Trades would certainly be fine. I definitely think some roster tweaking would make it more interesting, but it isn't even necessary. Both sides have appealling characters, but I'm sure almost everyone would like more of those characters on their side.

If more people want to be top do g then we can always add USPW into this.

Id be happy to take a support role rather than being a head writer/booker.

I never play with the big companies so I think Id probably be more use that way.

Id also reccomend that each company is no more than 3 people total as my PMs can only go to 2 people

You could always throw a smaller company into the mix as well for people who do not want to do a big company. Something like ACPW (which is a personal favorite of mine) could make for an interesting diary and it is a promotion that has only been covered three or four times.

I think maybe you should put something in your first post then Icon just establishing roles.

I am easy with SWF or TCW or any smaller promotion if they get brought to it.

I think there are pros and cons to keeping the rosters as they are and also to draft/trade so whatever you choose with that is fine with me.

Maybe just put a little thing at the front along the lines of...

SWF:

Head Booker: theunholyicon?

Main Writer:

Booker A: Powerful_Fox?

Booker B: Boltinho?

TCW:

Head Booker: BHK1978?

Main Writer:

Booker A: theripper1?

Booker T: Rayelek?

Booker 3: 20legend

Obviously people may not be happy with this, this is purely an example. I think the main problem is that there isn't much going in the way of filling main writer roles.

Archived