WCW Reborn Scenario

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember Nitro running head to head with Raw and having to flip between the two. Weird.

But anyway, as a random suggestion, and I don't know if it'll help you any, but in dealing with the roster issues you might start WCW off at high cult with a large bankroll. That would allow the player flexibility while keeping roster requirements on the low end. That way you wont have to flesh out the roster as much as you otherwise would at a larger size. Like I said, don't know if that'll help you any, and its really just me spitballing. I'm sure you'll make it work one way or the other.

This has nothing to do with the scenario, but this is what I remember:

Raw - Mondays

Nitro - Tuesdays

Thunder - Wednedsays

Smackdown - Thursdays

ECW - Fridays

Saturday Night, Metal, Jakked, etc. - Saturdays

Heat, Worldwide - Sundays

We had wrestling every day of the week in Canada! And I miss it lol.

Considering that I'm someone who almost always plays WWE or TNA it's great to see this WCW storyline because I can pick up a promotion that has the mainstream stars I know on a smaller stage that will pose an actual challenge rather than just being number one automatically. Great idea MC I'll be downloading for sure.

This has nothing to do with the scenario, but this is what I remember:

Raw - Mondays

Nitro - Tuesdays

Thunder - Wednedsays

Smackdown - Thursdays

ECW - Fridays

Saturday Night, Metal, Jakked, etc. - Saturdays

Heat, Worldwide - Sundays

We had wrestling every day of the week in Canada! And I miss it lol.

Wasn't Nitro always Monday?

Wasn't Nitro always Monday?

Definitely not in the later years, not sure about earlier. Raw and Nitro both aired on TSN.

Silly Canadians having "Monday Nitro" on Tuesdays.

We also had Friday Night Smackdown on Thursdays for quite a while :p

I messed around with this for a few hours last night and quite enjoy it! My first show got a C+ rating because I made the mistake of booking my main event match with a slow build, and it was only 15 minutes long. Other wise I got the bonus of good angles but the note that I don't have enough big stars. So I went searching and sent out negotiations and ended up with a full roster after the first week. lol. Then my second show got a B rating. But I think I'm gonna start over and pace myself more, slowly rebuild the roster instead of fill it so quickly and have all these people with nothing to do. Anyway, thanks for all the work MC the data is great so far.

So I gave the data a look over, and as was expected it looks awesome as heck.

Now, question: I wasn't anticipating WCW being so big from the get go. Will knocking it down to National or high level Cult "break" the data? I know its my game and I can do what I want, but I was wondering what your experiences were with it during your testing?

Not sure if anyone checked out my post in MCD, but this incarnation of WCW reborn is dead.

I released this as a proof-of-concept.... I only say that to make it sound like I really think hard about thist stuff, but I dont.

However, the idea of WCW reborn is not dead. The new plan is to likely find a good jumping off point in regards of WWE and institute the scenario at that point. The major change to a future version and this version will be the end of the WWE brand split.

Its something I considered doing in the first place, but I thought it was too much of the leap. The new scenario will likely see WCW be filled out with more current-lower tier WWE stars then guys like Mike Knox who I didnt want in their anyway.

So feel free to keep this thread up and going (I do enjoy compliments) and throw out some suggestions or reinvisionings. But I ask you remember that I dont want to screw around with promotions that much to allow the game to be as playable and replayable as possible. The EASY answer to to give WCW a roster full of the best of TNA and ROH, but thats not the point to the scenario. I dont know how to be clear about my thinking of that, but I imagine some of you understand what I mean.

Archived