touring to regular? frowned upon?

so i was looking to run a fed in japan, but i just dont "get" how to run a touring promotion properly. so i was going to switch them to regular. is this just abnormal? i know its my game ect but still, i feel wrong if its just not done the way it "should" be. yes i love "quotes" haha

so i was looking to run a fed in japan, but i just dont "get" how to run a touring promotion properly. so i was going to switch them to regular. is this just abnormal? i know its my game ect but still, i feel wrong if its just not done the way it "should" be. yes i love "quotes" haha

What problems or questions do you have that you aren't getting?

At the basics, you run shows in some months of the year and not eithers, i.e. Major League Sports.

From a booking stand point, most tours focus on certain storylines. Like the three month tour is all about the Same Champ vs. the Same #1 contender. Because many workers are signed to touring contracts instead of written its prob best not to focus on long term plans with that worker if you might not get them back so keep the main title on a written guy (unless of course you have no written guys)

Why not sign everyone to written? Advantages of touring contract? Who is the type of worker that you sign to tour vs written? Seems like multiple shows per week for 3 months or so, any issues with repetitive booking? Just a few things that have come up when looking at a touring fed.

Why not sign everyone to written? Advantages of touring contract? Who is the type of worker that you sign to tour vs written? Seems like multiple shows per week for 3 months or so, any issues with repetitive booking? Just a few things that have come up when looking at a touring fed.

Written pay people by month. Every month. Which can become an issue when you aren't running shows to pay those people. Tour is for the length of the tour then they're gone. This is useful for Midcarders/fillers that you don't particular care about losing or aren't important enough for another promotion to give a written deal to. If you look at the default data you will see the companies that run tours generally pay their top main eventers monthly but the rest of the roster is on tour contracts.

You don't have to run multiple shows per week, the amount you run when you are on tour is up to you. You could set your schedule to be 11 months out of the year and only do one show a month.

Repetitive booking I believe kicks in at 5 matches within 3 months? Could be off as I haven't had the issue in awhile. (used to be 3 I think when it first came out) However if the match grade is better/equal to the previous matches average grade you will not be penalized (yay!) However if it is worse than the average you will be penalized (boo). Easy ways around it are to use three ways, and tag matches.

Repetitive booking is 4+ times in six months.

However, through judicious use of post-show dark matches to lower the average for the series I've just run a tag match for the seventh time in six months in my current game and had it come out fine.

Or, y'know, manage your roster so that they get more talented/popular/both over time, and their match grades should always go up... :shifty:

When running a touring promotion, I use touring contracts as extended tryouts. You come, do a tour with us, and if we like how you perform, we offer a PPA (rarely a written). My lower card is generally filled with young lionesses (signed for the auto-loyalty) I'm looking to develop over time. Main eventers and ring generals are on writtens, always.

Archived