Idea for 0/0/0/0 promotion

I can have Jack Avatar fill the role of Road Agent and Colour Commentator then. In his matches, I have a few decent guys who could fill in. On the entertainment side I have Xavier Reckless and Ant Man, and on the psychology side I have Cal Sanders and Nigel Svensson, so I guess I'm good to go in that regard. :)

Who do you use an announcer? Or do you even have to use one?

We're looking at a Thursday, Week 4, July 2010 debut show for Lethal-Ring. Six months of saving pennies (and collecting dust) has given us a bank account of just a little over $25k. I feel very comfortable with introducing a monthly event that will only be 1-hour long. We'll minimize costs considering nobody (active and non-active) on the roster is being paid over $200 per appearance. My user character has a 35% in refereeing (that's about all he can offer) and I'm planning to use him for that instead of hiring someone.

The mention of using Jack Avatar or anyone skilled at anything in a 0/0/0/0 promotion has always made me feel that it goes against the point just a little... perhaps we should add another 0 for using the Grand Avatar as your user character, just to make things that little bit more difficult. :)

The mention of using Jack Avatar or anyone skilled at anything in a 0/0/0/0 promotion has always made me feel that it goes against the point just a little... perhaps we should add another 0 for using the Grand Avatar as your user character, just to make things that little bit more difficult. :)

I always use The Grand Avatar in any game, regardless of promotion size. It just feels cheap to add in a 100 SQ avatar (Jack) to the mix, particularly at any promotion below SWF/TCW because he can't be poached either. I should say I don't mind other people using him, it's you game play it however you want, but for me it just doesn't feel right to use an overpowered avatar... so I don't.

I always use The Grand Avatar in any game, regardless of promotion size. It just feels cheap to add in a 100 SQ avatar (Jack) to the mix, particularly at any promotion below SWF/TCW because he can't be poached either. I should say I don't mind other people using him, it's you game play it however you want, but for me it just doesn't feel right to use an overpowered avatar... so I don't.

I'm generally the same, preferring to use The Grand Avatar if I'm a big promotion but often making a veteran who is already on the decline if I'm making a small promotion. My vets often end up doubling up as a roadie for a little while but ultimately they are only capable of being anywhere up the card for a year or two before natural improvements on my roster and time decline on my avatar force him down the card until he's a midcarder for life/til retirement. :)

I started a 0/0/0/0 game yesterday called New England Wrestling, a rated much more on performance promotion which is favourable to sponsors and only sign workers under 30 years old and unattached, releasing anyone once they hit 31 but I don't apply it to non-wrestlers as decent and cheap ones can be hard to find so have to take what I can get.

I ran one show a month at Local with a limit of $250 for workers until I hit Regional so running two shows a month now with a limit of $500 for workers.

I also release anyone that is signed up by a bigger promotion as I see NEW as a training ground so just pick up someone else to build up in their place.

I also mainly use The Grand Avatar as don't like having an easy option to build the promotion around.

Wow

I didn't start a 0/0/0/0 fed, but I did take a lot of people's advice and tried the challenge to just hire unemployed workers.

I am PSW.

In what I would consider a huge surprise whether I was doing this challenge or not, Jack DeColt, after being unemployed for a couple months after leaving CGC, signs with PSW!!!

There are two options for a real 0/0/0/0 game. The Grand Avatar or a non-worker user character that isn't used as your announcer, color commentator, referee, or road agent until you hit Small (I call this the James Heatly exception).

Archived