Idea for 0/0/0/0 promotion

To make it more realistic, plus I need to reinvigorate TEW, At first, the only people I will hire are people not signed right away from the dojos. They need the work, we need cheap talent, i think it make it a bit more realistic. Once we move up to a small rating, then see about improving the roster with more established acts... but maybe do it once a month, once every other month.

To make it more realistic, plus I need to reinvigorate TEW, At first, the only people I will hire are people not signed right away from the dojos. They need the work, we need cheap talent, i think it make it a bit more realistic. Once we move up to a small rating, then see about improving the roster with more established acts... but maybe do it once a month, once every other month.

I love my 0/0/0 game, personally. Started mine in Scotland for the extra challenge of a hard to grow in region, along with giving me a chance to use workers I don't often have the opportunity to play around with.

I did something similar, in that I only higher unemployed people. Once again, it forces me into using some different faces (and heels, hur hur), and you get to be the reason a lot of guys actually have a job, which is cool.

Even in broke-arse Scotland, I think I only skipped a single month to add some money into the bank before booking every single month. Of course, it'll come down to who you hire for those first few shows. Most of my debut guys were in the 100-150 range, with a couple higher than that. Also helps my product is somewhat pro-sponsorships.

But yeah, it's a fun, different way to play TEW to take a break from other TEW games. You end up with a lot of talent you'd regularly never look twice at, and can end up with some new favorites or even take a small measure in pride in turning some of those "nobodies" into potential stars. I still get excited knowing I've turned The Dublin Destroyer into a bonafide indi-scene star. I'm now 4.5 years in and still thoroughly enjoying it (we're starting to creep up on Regional!), so I'd highly recommend trying out a 0/0/0/0 company if you wanna do something a little different with TEW.

And I'll also throw in the suggestion of putting it in a part of the game world you haven't spent as much time in. That alone can be a good cure for TEW burnout when you still wanna play TEW.

I never got why you would start a company with no money. What are we going to the Paul Heyman school of business? Every company has to have some money that is the main reason why I never play a 0/0/0/0 company. Now I have played 0/0/0 company but you need money to run a company.:D

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to attempt it, but I've always considered doing a Quad-0 promotion in Australia, with the war status with APW and DIW. Think just to see how quickly I go insane by watching workers bounce week to week. lol

Forgot RAW as well :D

Also, use The Grand Avatar for extra awesomeness; no popularity nor skills to help you, and he's not open to working Australia (for some reason?)!

I never got why you would start a company with no money. What are we going to the Paul Heyman school of business? Every company has to have some money that is the main reason why I never play a 0/0/0/0 company. Now I have played 0/0/0 company but you need money to run a company.:D

That's my take on this, if I'm going to start a federation, I need at least 50k, if not 100k to do so. So I have no problem playing 0/0/0 but I'd rather not add that extra '/0' to it.

With a 0/0/0/0 promotion you aren't really running a business... you're a step up from the backyarder with hopes and dreams of one day turning your tiny little wrestling organisation into something profitable. You might be able to get a little cash through sponsors (about your only legit business skill going) but you are getting 10 people to pay to come to your shows. If anyone thinks they can convince a bank to loan them money to fund that then you've never dealt with banks before. And if you have 50,000 to invest in a wrestling group then you're probably the 5th richest promotion in North America already in real ife behind the WWE, TNA, ROH and Wrestlicious.

0 money can also, if you really wanted it to, represent limited liability on your part should things go wrong. Sure, you bought the ring and paid for all the start up stuff but beyond that the business sinks or swims on it's own merit, not on your own chequebook. :)

I used to start 0/0/0/0 feds but now I usually just start a fed on the Hard setting when creating a fed in game and not through the editor. My Standard hire practice is; Must be unemployed, must be under 25 and must have F- pop in my region. I will occasionally break a rule (I'm looking at you cal sanders) but very infrequently. I've made decent workers out of the likes of Stretch the Chicken Boy and Dusty Bin.

While that's true in theory, I always looked at it as the start up capital came from outside sources, such as donations, so it's technically not "my" money. And whatever was scraped together was poured into equipment, such as rings, and folding chairs, and a stuffed kangaroo that will do color commentary. And by the time you've purchased anything, whatever money you'd have left would be used to repay investors, or lost in a bath incident. Whatever works for ya. :p

Forgot RAW as well :D

Also, use The Grand Avatar for extra awesomeness; no popularity nor skills to help you, and he's not open to working Australia (for some reason?)!

TGA has a known fear of stuffed kangaroos, which would inhibit his traveling to a land down under. Although I'd have to tweak it, just for the purpose of that game ... and I didn't forget RAW, I just treated them as Voldemort. They are the fed that shall not be named ... except now, when I named them. Drat!

Just started a 0/0/0/0 with Grand Avatar in...Mid South I hope, though I think I did Southwest.

Anyway, I've decided to never have a month off. I'm taking the cheapest referee (Elegance, so far), the cheapest announce team (ended up being Honey Golightly and two CCs for 150 each). Road Agent sucks, since June Butler is 500/appearance.

And workers? I sorted popularity in the USA to 10 max, then am only hiring guys that will work for 200 or less, period. Nice, since that's a bit of Mexican talent, and I set up Working Agreements with MPWF and OLLIE for that purpose (sadly, they're too expensive right now).

Granted, that's a hell of a lot of people. I suppose I'm going to cut half the roster, but...meh?

Oh, and I'm totally god-pushing Honey Golightly and Kali Fornia. Because they're hawt. I also made the product, ironically, Pop >> Performance, because that gets me the most sponsorship money.

I've also realized that certain people, I can't remember who for this save, but guys that are owners or bookers? Gold. They won't ever get stolen.

I've just started a new 0/0/0/0 game with a twist. Basically my fed is a training company, who's sole aim is to give workers a platform from which to move on to other, and in theory more prestigious, work. My hiring rules are that they have to unemployed and under 30, and as soon as they sign with another company I have to release them (via editor), and bring in someone new to 'train'.

It's a completely new type of game for me, so will be interesting to see how it goes. The theory is that one of my workers being signed is achieving the goal of the game, rather than the annoyance it normally is at small feds.

I've just started a new 0/0/0/0 game with a twist. Basically my fed is a training company, who's sole aim is to give workers a platform from which to move on to other, and in theory more prestigious, work. My hiring rules are that they have to unemployed and under 30, and as soon as they sign with another company I have to release them (via editor), and bring in someone new to 'train'.

It's a completely new type of game for me, so will be interesting to see how it goes. The theory is that one of my workers being signed is achieving the goal of the game, rather than the annoyance it normally is at small feds.

This is very similar to my long running "Island of Pain" game (0/0/0/0 - Hawaii). Whatever you do, don't fall into the "I'm a workrate fed!" trap...because I'm just killing myself trying to get these guys over.

My personal preference, when it comes to "signings", is that I let my guys work out the remainder of their contract...as a means of "writing them out" (ie. handing off some of their overness to someone who is sticking around)

This is very similar to my long running "Island of Pain" game (0/0/0/0 - Hawaii). Whatever you do, don't fall into the "I'm a workrate fed!" trap...because I'm just killing myself trying to get these guys over.

My personal preference, when it comes to "signings", is that I let my guys work out the remainder of their contract...as a means of "writing them out" (ie. handing off some of their overness to someone who is sticking around)

My fed's equal pop & performance, with a 70% match ratio. So it's not massively workrate per-say. I've sort of set up the game as a 'training only' fed. So getting people signed is the aim, so leeching their overness once their gone feels wrong somehow. Dunno, I just feel as a training fed I should send them off on the best note possible to give them the best chance, rather than jobbing them out the door. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously? haha. The only exception I have is the guy who is signed holds a belt, then he'll work one more show to drop the belt before being let go.

It's just a different type of game that I've never tried before. I've done 0/0/0/0 to Cult before then got stuck, I've done a 5 year CZCW game, a 3 year TCW game, I've one a NOTBPW game... so this game is just something I thought I'd do for a change really.

My fed's equal pop & performance, with a 70% match ratio. So it's not massively workrate per-say. I've sort of set up the game as a 'training only' fed. So getting people signed is the aim, so leeching their overness once their gone feels wrong somehow. Dunno, I just feel as a training fed I should send them off on the best note possible to give them the best chance, rather than jobbing them out the door. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously? haha. The only exception I have is the guy who is signed holds a belt, then he'll work one more show to drop the belt before being let go.

It's just a different type of game that I've never tried before. I've done 0/0/0/0 to Cult before then got stuck, I've done a 5 year CZCW game, a 3 year TCW game, I've one a NOTBPW game... so this game is just something I thought I'd do for a change really.

I hear what you're saying and it's personal preference. I've sort of found that the overness seems to have minimal effect on who gets signed. I've had more of my most over guys retire than get picked up (of course age could be a factor in that)

The only reason I recommend it, though, is that it's I've had difficulty with overness, primarily because of a complete lack of angles. (we're a legit 100% matches fed) Retiring wrestlers and guys who've recently signed elsewhere are easy avenues for me to boost someone else into the void left behind.

I hear what you're saying and it's personal preference. I've sort of found that the overness seems to have minimal effect on who gets signed. I've had more of my most over guys retire than get picked up (of course age could be a factor in that)

The only reason I recommend it, though, is that it's I've had difficulty with overness, primarily because of a complete lack of angles. (we're a legit 100% matches fed) Retiring wrestlers and guys who've recently signed elsewhere are easy avenues for me to boost someone else into the void left behind.

I only sign people under 30, so retirement shouldn't be a problem for me hopefully. I'm just gonna run as is for now, and see how that goes. If needed I can always make changes later on.

I'm starting my first try at a promotion like this. I had done it in previous versions of TEW, but not with TEW2010. I decided to take Lethal-Ring and turn them into a New England based promotion and keep their product performance over popularity. I'm going to hopefully sign the cheapest talent I can and minimize the popularity gains these unknown stars receive by keeping everyone balanced. Waiting a few months to acquire some funds in order to run our first show. I'm thinking it'll be around May or June 2010.

I'm starting my first try at a promotion like this. I had done it in previous versions of TEW, but not with TEW2010. I decided to take Lethal-Ring and turn them into a New England based promotion and keep their product performance over popularity. I'm going to hopefully sign the cheapest talent I can and minimize the popularity gains these unknown stars receive by keeping everyone balanced. Waiting a few months to acquire some funds in order to run our first show. I'm thinking it'll be around May or June 2010.

That's what I did with my promotion. Year one I ran 4 shows, 2 months off one month on, to let me build up funds. Year two I did 6 shows and year three I did a full year. I hired Lee bambino as my announcer and Alan Grey as my ref to save on funds (in five years Alan's gotten to B as a ref).

*fist pump*

With my product, I've gotten $1,831 profit from month 1 with a one hour small show.

My 'secret' was Traditional, Mainstream, Comedy, and Lucha Libre at Key Feature to maximize my sponsorship, and not hiring anyone that cost more than $200/appearance.

So Buttercup's my RA and Elegance is my ref (or another guy who's like 38 skilled).

Not using an announcer is likely to give you penalties. I myself don't use a colour commentator until at least Small, I just have charismatic wrestlers fill in. Same deal with road agent duties, just manually assign the guy with the highest psychology (they'll probably be wrestling already, so you don't have to pay them more for it). I didn't get an actual road agent until mid Regional.

Harvey Manners, Honey Golightly, Lee Bambino and Remmington Remus are all pretty affordable options for announcers.

Archived