Heroes: 9th Wonders

HEROES - 9th Wonders

Save The Cheerleader, Save The World

Heroes: 9th Wonders is a mod based on the world of the television series Heroes, which focused on various characters coming to grips with their new-found status as evolved humans and the villains in the shadows who want to either control or eradicate them.

Characters

Just about every notable character that appeared on the show will be represented. This spans from Season 1 through Season 4, so the original cast through the Carnival arc. Most of the main characters will be categorized as "Heroes," and as such will be playable in role-play. Some characters, like Mohinder, though possessing major roles on the show, will be categorized as civilians.

As of right now I will be focusing only on characters who appeared on television or webisodes. If they were in the comics or online fiction, they'll be ignored at least to start. If this goes well, then I hope to add some of those other characters or maybe some originals.

Timeline

The mod is technically set to start at episode one of season one. As such, characters will be at the power levels they were then (Neither Sylar nor Peter will have regeneration, for instance). Via the use of alternate identities, some characters will receive power-ups or power-downs throughout the course of the game. Some characters will be special cases, like Arthur Petrelli will have his major powers but will start merely on hiatus.

I also plan to include all three alternate futures that were seen in the show, and I might also include Ancient Japan which Hiro visited, though I'm not sure about that one.

Areas

I'm thinking New York, Odessa, Tokyo, India, and maybe Los Angeles? I don't want to spread the characters too thin but I also want to represent everything that matters in the show. I might do specific buildings instead, I'm not sure yet.

Groups

Since the Heroes don't have a team, there won't be any Hero teams. The villains will be represented by Primatech, Pinehearst, The Government, and the Carnival, along with Sylar as a wildcard, a few other wildcard villains, and the impending threat of the enormously powerful future Sylar. Of course, there's nothing to stop the user from creating their own hero team!

Goals

- I've entered most of the Seasons 1 and 2 characters, though I need to balance their attributes. I hope to have something to show in a few weeks, though to be honest I am also a full-time college student and a full-time worker, so this mod is not my first priority. That said, I think I can do this fairly quick.

Hopefully someone out there besides me is interested in this!

LittleMac you are my hero. Loved the show. I was one of the people that enjoyed it (and Hayden) so much that I didn't see it going bad like everyone else did. Though it was hard to miss characters that seemed to have major roles seemingly disappearing forever, no main characters dying to make way for fresh powered heroes, and the lack of interest Peter held to the audience after he lost his power.

Is this mod also going to spend waaaaaaaaay too long in Feudal Japan?

And how will you simulate all combat taking place off screen?

:p

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Honestly a little curious to see how this turns out. I loved Heroes for the first season, but it went downhill after that for me. Instead of killing off Sylar he become some sorta convaluted mess ("I'm evil, no I want to be good, EVIL, holy crap now it turns out I can gain powers just by feeling bad for people but BRAIN STEAL ANYWAYS!!!"), the way they defeated Adam Munroe despite his immortality... and then promptly killed him to put over another bad guy... Yeah. Show lost direction, and they cheaped out on the budget. Damn shame, could've been really and truly amazing.

Still, it was a good concept and had some good characters... part of me wants to clean up the streets with Parkman when this comes out.

Well, yeah, I thought of that as I was making the characters. Obviously there will need to be some leeway: some random thugs, Primatech/Pinehearst/DHS/Carnival agents, etc. I'm also thinking of condensing the areas. Instead of having Mexico, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, etc, just one area that's "WEST COAST." Then you can have more characters populate one area.

I'm thinking

- West Coast (Modern Urban)

- New England (Mostly New York and New Jersey. Gothic Urban.)

- Southern US (For Texas and New Orleans. Modern Rural.)

- Eurasia (Which would span Europe, India, and Japan. Modern Urban.)

- Africa and the Carribean (So a place for Usutsu and Baron Samedi. Jungle.)

So instead of what will probably end up being a little over 100 characters being in 12 areas, we condense it to five. The alternate futures will probably have less characters and areas (with the Outbreak Future having just one).

Archived