How would you prefer the DBZ mod is done?

How would you prefer the DBZ mod is done?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How would you prefer the DBZ mod is done?

I've put in a few hours of work on the mod so far but with the way I've been doing it, while it would ensure close accuracy to the way that DBZ battles unfolded, it also spread the content within each timeframe a little too thin for enjoyment. So, I have thought of a couple of ways that would be the best way to go about making the mod. Would it be best to:

1 - Make 3 timeframes of early (up to Frieza), mid (up to Cell) and end (to end of DBZ) that has all of the involved characters in the timeframe, meaning there would altogether be 3 gokus (although they'd be bound to their own timeframe).

2 - Keep it the way it is, spreading it over 7-10 sagas to ensure realism while sacrificing content in each timeframe.

3 - Make every character available in 1 timeframe, so sort of like a free for all type thing.

Obviously, each has its advantages and disadvantages. I think that option one would be the smartest, a happy middle of sorts between the two extremes that are options two and three. But at the same time, I'd like to get a general opinion.

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!

Please don't play with my heart right now! Are you really serious about this project?! For the love of god, please say so! :(

Yes, although I'm sad to not see a large majority in the voting as I'd hoped.

But as long as I can freaking make myself stop playing, I'll be working on this. :p

Making characters takes me a lot longer than I figured though. I figure it'd take me between 2 weeks and 2 months to really get it to where I want.

Yes, although I'm sad to not see a large majority in the voting as I'd hoped.

But as long as I can freaking make myself stop playing, I'll be working on this. :p

Making characters takes me a lot longer than I figured though. I figure it'd take me between 2 weeks and 2 months to really get it to where I want.

I would estimate that it takes about 30 minutes per character (some quicker, some slower, use it as an average).

So if you're creating 200 characters, expect to take about 100 hours of work to complete it all.

I like both option 1 and 3, I think option 2 would give you too few villains to fight. If you can fit enough villains in to get option 1 to work then I choose that. You will probably have to pull some from the movies.

Add the different Gokus and definitely make them specific to the timelines...I would hate to see three Gokus team up :p

Here's my take:

Timeline A

Start of Dragonball Z to Garlic Jr. saga

Movies 1 through 8 (Cooler's Revenge)

Set Vegeta to Wild Card maybe?

The first seven movies because they are pre-Super Saiyan and the eighth film doesn't feature Vegeta.

Timeline B

Cyborg Frieza to the end of Cell Games

Movies 9 (Cooler's Revenge) to Movie 12 (Bojack Unbound)

Set Vegeta to Antihero

Includes Cyborg Frieza so that you could add a different, stronger version and because it features Trunks. Movies 9 through 12 all feature Vegeta, and you can add a different Metal Cooler for the 9th film.

Timeline C

Great Saiyaman to the end of Kid Buu

Movies 13 (Broly - Second Coming) to Movie 16 (Wrath of the Dragon)

Set Vegeta to wild card again?

These movies because they feature Trunks and Goten. You could also add a stronger Broly here. I would set Great Saiyaman as the main with a secret identity, and Gohan as his possible alternate.

I like both option 1 and 3, I think option 2 would give you too few villains to fight. If you can fit enough villains in to get option 1 to work then I choose that. You will probably have to pull some from the movies.

Add the different Gokus and definitely make them specific to the timelines...I would hate to see three Gokus team up :p

Here's my take:

Timeline A

Start of Dragonball Z to Garlic Jr. saga

Movies 1 through 8 (Cooler's Revenge)

Set Vegeta to Wild Card maybe?

The first seven movies because they are pre-Super Saiyan and the eighth film doesn't feature Vegeta.

Timeline B

Cyborg Frieza to the end of Cell Games

Movies 9 (Cooler's Revenge) to Movie 12 (Bojack Unbound)

Set Vegeta to Antihero

Includes Cyborg Frieza so that you could add a different, stronger version and because it features Trunks. Movies 9 through 12 all feature Vegeta, and you can add a different Metal Cooler for the 9th film.

Timeline C

Great Saiyaman to the end of Kid Buu

Movies 13 (Broly - Second Coming) to Movie 16 (Wrath of the Dragon)

Set Vegeta to wild card again?

These movies because they feature Trunks and Goten. You could also add a stronger Broly here. I would set Great Saiyaman as the main with a secret identity, and Gohan as his possible alternate.

I thought there were only 13 dbz movies, and 4 of them were pre super saiyan?

Archived