Box Knight, Vol 1 Issue 1: "Box Knight Begins"

Centenary City

A man in a hoodie and ski mask is holding a woman at knifepoint.

Woman: SOMEONE HELP ME!

Thug: Shut up and give me your money... or else.

Looks like it's finally time.

From behind, a shadowy figure approaches the two.

???: Let her go.

Thug: Who the-

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/513/user26.jpg

???: I said.... let her go.

I can see him shaking. Even though I accidentally put on my box armor backwards, so the eye hole I cut out is on the other end, I can see his fear.

The sounds of his terrified laughing.

Thug: PbbbbtHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Are you serious? (Looking to the woman) Is this guy serious? HAHAHAHAHAHA! (Wiping a tear from his eye) Oh man... I almost thought you were Soaring Eagle for a second... get lost before you get hurt.

???: That's my line, pal.

The Boxed man charges at the thug, ramming into him. The criminal goes end over end and headfirst into a garbage can.

???: Good thing tomorrow is garbage day.

Woman: Who... who are you?

Dramatic zoom to his... well... box.

???: I'm Box Knight.

Woman: Thank you so much Box Knight.

Box Knight: No problem ma'am. You should go on your way, don't worry about calling the cops I can take it from here.

The woman walks away as Box Knight watches. The thug rolls out of the garbage can and takes off his ski mask.

"Thug": Did she buy it?

Box Knight: Yeah. How did you jump that far?

"Thug": Actually... I think that was all you. I don't know where you got that thing... but it hurts.

Box Knight: Well, at least that's good to know when up against the real thing.

"Thug": Well, thanks for the beer money. I'm gonna need it.

The flop guy looks at the ski mask.

Flop Guy: Mind if I keep this? There's a costume party next week and I wanted to go as a zombie cross country skiier.

Box Knight: Go ahead.

Later that night...

An early 20s man in a delivery boy uniform is walking the streets.

Haven't seen any real crime tonight. Wonder if it's just a slow day or something. Oh well, guess this is as good time as any to play my origin story in my head...

Flashback to two weeks ago.

The same young man is walking the same streets, carrying the same box.

There was nothing actually in the box when I was carrying it. I just used it so I can easily carry a whole bunch of smaller boxes. Which... really didn't help that much come to think about it. I was on my way home when...

The man strips and the box flies out of his hands, denting a lamppost and ricocheting into a store window. The storeowner throws the box back out the window and looks beet red.

Storeowner: YOU CLUMSY GIBLETBRAIN! You're gonna haveta pay fer that windah! What'da have in the dadgum box of yers anyways?

Okay, he didn't actually say "Gibletbrain", but this is a family friendly reminiscing.

Kid: I...didn't have anything in it. And maybe that glass was going to break anyway, I mean, let's face it, if it couldn't stand up to an empty cardboard box, what would have happened if there was a hailstorm or something? Pretty sure there's laws against having such weak glass in a storefront.

The Storeowner opens his mouth but pauses.

Storeowner: Alright, ya gotta point there.

Kid: Look, here's 20 bucks, that's all I have on me. That should at least cover the labor, right? I gotta go pick up my next round of deliveries.

And if you thought that was something...

Back to reality

Voice: "Oh please, you're the Bee Master! You can't even break this glass!"

Bee Master is trying... not very well... to threaten a convenience store clerk.

Bee Master: This is your last chance, kiddo, give me all your lottery tickets! And a diet soda! With crushed ice!

No time for flashbacks, time for me to be a hero!

The kid ducks into the alley, then emerges as Box Knight

It's a shame too, because the next part involved Aerosmith.

Box Knight scurries up to Bee Master.

Box Knight: Stop Villain!

Okay, an Aerosmith tribute band. That wasn't any good. NOT THE POINT!

Bee Master: What the...

Just then, Benson Burner is sent crashing through the window!

Bee Master: Towerblock! About time you got here, let's take care of these meddling fools!

Box Knight: The only meddling I'm doing is meddling my fist in your face Bee Master! BOX RAAAAM!

Box Knight crashes into Bee Master, knocking him back while Benson blasts Towerblock with a fireball.

Benson: Uh, you're not flammable are ya, pal?

Box Knight: Let's try not to find out, k?

Box Knight tries to ram Bee Master again but the villain sidesteps and Box Knight rams into the wall. Bee Master tried to attack with a taser stick but Benson avoids it, slinging another blast of fire at Towerblock.

Box Knight: Why do you have a taser?

Bee Master: It's my dreaded stinger!

Box Knight: Dude, it's a taser.

Towerblock clubs Benson again and Bee Master punches the firey mutant as well.

Box Knight: Sorry, Bee Master, time to PACK it in.

Clerk: Please tell me that isn't your catchphrase.

Box Knight rams into Bee Master again, who zaps him with the "stinger"

Box Knight: Ow! Okay, that does kind of sting a little...

Bee Master looks to follow up by trips over Box Knight and face plants, knocking himself out. Towerblock however manages to punt Box Knight across the room. Benson would throw another fireball at Towerblock who would turn around... and not see Box Knight ricocheting into him and knocking him down.

Box Knight: Just as I planned!

Benson Burner: You planned for him to kick you so hard you bounced off the walls?

Box Knight: A risky maneuver, yes, but effective. My name's Box Knight by the way.

Benson Burner: Nice to meet ya, I'm Benson Burner. Hey, maybe we can work together again sometime, we seem to make a good pair.

While they exchange pleasantries, they don't notice the Clerk

Clerk: Hey! You just let that big guy get away!

Benson Burner: Ah shucks.

Sure enough, Towerblock ran away, but Bee Master was still out of it.

Box Knight: Alright, Bee Master. Why were you working with that big guy? Huh? ANSWER ME!

Clerk: He's out cold.

Box Knight: Uh... I knew that. Well, let's string him up for the police then.

That morning, back in his civilian uniform.

I know there was more to this. Someone wanted that conveinence store robbed for more sinister purposes.

But... who?

TO BE CONTINUED

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Volume One, Issue Two: Enter El Patron!</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Thousands of Years Ago, Mount Olympus</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>There's a party in the halls of the mountain. Zeus has two young nymphs under each arm and wearing sunglasses. Various other gods are also there, drinking and dancing.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p><em>

At the gates of Olympus stands Hephaestus two other beings.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#0000FF;">Most people know of the Gods of Olympus. What most people don't know is that there are in fact thousands of minor gods that governed locations and menial tasks.</span></p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Name?</p><p> </p><p>

Other God 1: Brillosus</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Occupation?</p><p> </p><p>

Brillosus: God of scrubbing floors.</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Alright, here's yon wristband, and thou art dining upon table XVII.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The other god steps up.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Name?</p><p> </p><p>

Other God 2: Corrugatia.</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Occupation?</p><p> </p><p>

Corrugatia: God of thy second oldest oak tree on thy left bank of thy hillside on thy western edge of Sparta.</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: ...Not on thy list.</p><p> </p><p>

Corrugatia: Not on thy list?! Verily there musteth be a mistake!</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Hold on... HERMES?</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Hermes appears, wearing an 80s style leisure suit.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hermes: Sup bro? Thou almost done here? Athena's got some ambrosa and we're gonna take thine party up a notch.</p><p> </p><p>

Hephaestus: Did a Corrugatia get an invitation?</p><p> </p><p>

Hermes: Uh... Corrugatia? Hold on... this be him?</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Hephaestus nods and Hermes checks a ledger</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hermes: Um... sorry kid, says here thou haves't been fired two weeks ago.</p><p> </p><p>

Corrugatia: What?! Why?</p><p> </p><p>

Hermes: Well thine tree's not there anymore, it's been cut downe by a lightning bolt... oh man Zeus' face is going to be so redden when he finds out... sorry about that. Thou'll still get paid for thy month but technically thou art not a god anymore until thou gets reassignethed and that takes a while... so... thou kinda got to vacate thine premises.</p><p> </p><p>

Corrugatia: GIBLETBRAINS! ....Wait, Hold on! I hath been god of thine three for CC years. Thusly I hath tenure, and that also means I hath a CLV(a).</p><p> </p><p>

Hermes: (Sighs) Fine. Make thy oral declaration, sign here, put him somewhere in the back Hap...</p><p> </p><p>

Corrugatia: Let it be written that a warrior pure of heart shall come across a piece of my noble tree, and this warrior shall find it to be armor most powerful. This chosen knight of Corrugatia shall bring peace across the lands!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>In our hero's workplace!</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Our hero, in his civvies, was talking to someone else by the water cooler.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Hero: Yeah, it was the weirdest dream. I mean, why the gods wearing leisure suits and talking in mangled Old English?</p><p> </p><p>

Buddy: Maybe you should stop eating so soon before you go to bed.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>An older man appears</em></p><p> </p><p>

Older Man: Dee Eman?</p><p> </p><p>

Hero: Everyone calls me "Liver"</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Older man is like WTF</em></p><p> </p><p>

Dee: It's a long story.</p><p> </p><p>

Older: Anyway, your packages are ready.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Later that day</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>As Dee is walking with his box under his arm, a TV in the window of an electronic store shows a news broadcast</em></p><p> </p><p>

Reporter: This just in! Universal Grappling-Like Theatrical Entertainment champion "Tall Blue Motor" Abel was making a public appearance at Centenary City Children's Hospital when he was attacked by El Patron who stole his championship belt. UGTE owner Lance MacPherson-</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="color:#FF0000;">Once again the city needs me! As well as the sport of Theatrical Entertainment! It's time to become... BOX KNIGHT!</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Outside the Children's Hospital</em></strong></p><p> </p><p>

<em>El Patron has Benson Burner in a headlock, wearing a championship belt.</em></p><p> </p><p>

El Patron: Hahaha! El Patron cannot be beaten by a <em>nino!</em> El Patron is <em>campeon!</em></p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: You bilingual antics are over, El Patron!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Box Knight has climbed onto a news truck.</em></p><p> </p><p>

El Patron: Who is this clown who wants to <em>lucha</em> with El Patron?</p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: I'm Box Knight, and I'm here to fight, not to lucha! I'm going to take that title back from you!</p><p> </p><p>

El Patron: You fool, who are you to doubt El Patron?</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Box Knight leaps at El Patron who picks him up and delivers a scoop slam! while he's posing for the cameras, Box Knight gets back up.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: Ow... that stuff really does hurt... but so does THIS!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Box Knight rams into El Patron to send him off balance, Benson Burner recovering from being headlocked and throws a fireball at Patron. Patron runs to a police barricade, bounces off of it, and lariats Box Knight as payback, but the heroes strike back with Box Knight rams and Benson's fireballs. El Patron throws Box Knight over the police barricade and then clocks Benson.</em></p><p> </p><p>

El Patron: Even 2 on 1 nobody can defeat El Patron!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Box Knight has ended up back on top of the news van</em></p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: Let's try this again...</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Box Knight leaps off the van... and misses Patron by three feet. Patron suplexes Benson Burner then hits an elbow drop on Box Knight, but finds the solid cardboard hurting his elbow, and he clutches it in pain... walking right into Benson Burner fireball to the face! Box Knight then rolls him up winto a school boy and Benson makes the three count.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: Ha! Now you got to give up the belt El Patron!</p><p> </p><p>

El Patron: <em>No mas! No mas!</em> Take the belt!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Patron hands over the belt and the cops cuff him and reporters look to our heroes</em></p><p> </p><p>

Reporter: You two just saved a billion dollar corporation about two hundred dollars worth of gold. How do you feel?</p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: It's all worth it to see the smiles on the kids' faces.</p><p> </p><p>

Reporter: The kids are inside. And the windows were closed.</p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: Well I can imagine them. And that's all the thanks I need. Though it would be cool if Abel could give me an signed and make it out to "Box Knight".</p><p> </p><p>

Benson: And one to me too, by golly!</p><p> </p><p>

Other Reporter: Legal Eagle is on his way to town hall!</p><p> </p><p>

Other Other Reporter: A real superhero story! Let's GO GO GO!</p><p> </p><p>

<em>The reporters take off, leaving Box Knight and Benson Burner.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Benson: Thanks for the help, Box Knight.</p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: Anytime, friend. But my box senses tell me this won't be the last we see of El Patron.</p><p> </p><p>

Benson: You got super senses?</p><p> </p><p>

Box Knight: You can't prove that I don't.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><em>Will El Patron strike again? Or will something else happen? And does Box Knight have any other powers? Be sure to check out the next adventure of BOX KNIGHT!</em></strong></p>

• 2 weeks later...

Box Knight Issue 3: Evil Is A Fat Guy in A Bee Suit

Centenary City, Rooftop of an apartment building.

Box Knight is standing on a rooftop

Box Knight: Alright. First superpower to test... flight! The most cliche superpower of all!

Box Knight charges to the end of the roof...

Box Knight: Wait, what am I doing, this is crazy!

Stops before the ledge.

Box Knight: There are MUCH cooler powers out there then flying. Like controlling animals!

A pidgeon is sitting on the rooftop across from Box Knight

Box Knight: YOU! BIRD!

The pidgeon's head turns to his direction.

Box Knight: I command you... to... erm... bring me a burrito!

The pidgeon turns back to watching the ground.

Box Knight: I said I command you! Or do you not know what a burrito is? ...Eh, screw it. Back to flight!

Box Knight leaps off the roof... and plummets. Luckily he was only one floor up, and he landed in the arms of a surprised Bee Master.

Bee Master: What the!

Bee Master drops Box Knight

Box Knight: Already out of jail, Bee Master? Escaped no doubt, with the help of your mysterious overlord!

Bee Master: What are you talking about? I was just robbing a convenience store, you gibletbrain!

Box Knight: Well I guess I'll have to beat it out of you!

Box Knight rams into Bee Master, right in the stomach.

Bee Master: I was bailed out!

Box Knight: By your dark masters?

Bee Master: No! By bail bondsmen!

Box Knight: A likely story!

Bee Master uses his taser stick and zaps Box Knight.

Box Knight: See? What kind of innocent man attacks people with a taser?

Bee Master: You attacked me first, you numbskull!

Box Knight: I find your claim of self-defense to be OFFENSIVE!

Bee Masters: And your puns suck!

Box Knight: Those are fighting words there Bee Master!

Box Knight rams into Bee Master again, then pins him down.

Box Knight: Last chance to spill what you've got planned.

Bee Master: I was just going to go home and watch some extreme poker!

Box Knight: An obvious lie, nobody watches poker!

Box Knight leaps up and stomps on Bee Master's head to knock him out.

Later...

Box Knight: So wait... he did get legally bailed out?

Police Officer: Yes, he was. By a bail bonds agency too.

Box Knight: Um... so I kind of accidentally committed assault then I guess.

Cop: Well, you're a superhero... more or less... so I'll just report this as an honest mistake. Besides, Bee Master's a jerk. I'll set you up for some volunteer work and nobody will bat an eye, fair enough?

Box Knight: Yeah, I guess that's the least I can do.

Bee Master is still out cold, slumped up in the back of the police crusier.

Box Knight: Um... sorry, Bee Master.

Cop: I don't think he heard you.

Box Knight: Do you care?

Cop: Not really.

Box Knight: Well, I guess I should look for real crime to fight. Sorry for troubling you officer.

Box Knight walks away.

This just does not add up at all. What kind of bail bonds agency would pay for Bee Master's bail? Sure, most would say "one that operates in a city of superhumans", but there's got to be more to it than that.

I'll get to the bottom of this one day. Mark my inner monologue words.

Will Box Knight learn what Bee Master is up to? What horrors await Box Knight when he goes into community service? Will Box Knight learn any other powers? Find out in the next exciting adventure of BOX KNIGHT!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived