Warcraft: Horde Comic Book Hero

Story

In the aftermath of Deathwing's defeat, the war between the Alliance and Horde intensified. Warchief Garrosh Hellscream and King Varian Wrynn have issued a call to any adventurers brave enough to venture forth into the war zones and eliminate the enemy faction at all costs. The neutral parties of Azeroth have grown increasingly concerned over the war that is tearing Azeroth apart, and have begun actively opposing hostile Horde and Alliance forces. As the war rages on, the Lich King rests upon the frozen throne of Icecrown Citadel, and the remnants of Bolvar Fordragon's consciousness struggles to maintain control over the undead masses. In Outland, rumors have spread that the surviving warlocks of the Shadowmoon Clan have been attempting to revive their fallen leaders.

Game Progress

*In Development*

Characters: 449

Locations: 25

Relationships: 304

Teams: 46

Downloads:

Warcraft: Horde Hero (Coming Soon)

Warcraft: Alliance Hero (Coming Soon)

Picture Pack (Coming Soon)

Warcraft: Horde Hero Skin (Coming Soon)

Warcraft: Alliance Hero Skin (Coming Soon)

Details:

-Play as a member of the Horde, establish allies, join guilds and crush your enemies.

-400+ characters and 40+ organizations taken directly from the lore of "Warcraft".

-Socialize and train in 5 "safe" cities. Battle in hotly contested zones. Invade enemy kingdoms and cities.

-10 classes and their specializations taken from "World of Warcraft".

-Many neutral "wild card" characters and organizations to interact with.

-Character templates available for all Race/Class/Specialization combination.

-Lots of unique combat dialogue.

-Full picture pack with pictures available for each character, extras and templates for original characters.

Pictures:

Sylvanas Full

Tyrande Full

Thrall Mini

Velen Mini

Questions

Why make the Alliance the bad guys when there are several other bad guys in the Warcraft universe and the setting has a story of the two groups joining together to fight said guys? I mean I would understand making them into wildcards but straight up villains?

I started to do this at first, but I realized that I wouldn't really be getting Alliance vs. Horde except for in team battles. I would potentially end up with "Garrosh & Varian vs. Thrall & Lich King" or something equally ridiculous. I still have some wild cards so there is potential for some weirdness, but it should be minimized now and the Alliance vs. Horde idea should be captured better. I will release both versions of this game, one having Horde as heroes and Alliance as villains and the other having the opposite. There are still many villains to seek out other than the opposing faction, and there are many neutral organizations available to join.

<p>Why make the Alliance the bad guys when there are several other bad guys in the Warcraft universe and the setting has a story of the two groups joining together to fight said guys?</p><p> </p><p>

I mean I would understand making them into wildcards but straight up villains?</p>

<p>I struggled a long time to balance the stats. I am not sold on these as starting numbers, but I am pretty set on the order:</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Strength</strong>: Tauren (105), Orc (100), Dwarf (95), Worgen (90), Human (85), Draenei (80), Troll (75), Night Elf (70), Forsaken (65), Blood Elf (60), Goblin (55), Gnome (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Agility</strong>: Night Elf (105), Dwarf (100), Troll (95), Gnome (90), Worgen (85), Forsaken (80), Blood Elf (75), Tauren (70), Draenei (65), Goblin (60), Human (55), Orc (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Reaction</strong>: Worgen (105), Gnome (100), Blood Elf (95), Night Elf (90), Tauren (85), Troll (80), Orc (75), Goblin (70), Dwarf (65), Forsaken (60), Draenei (55), Human (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Toughness</strong>: Orc (105), Tauren (100), Worgen (95), Troll (90), Blood Elf (85), Night Elf (80), Dwarf (75), Draenei (70), Goblin (65), Human (60), Gnome (55), Forsaken (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Recovery</strong>: Troll (105), Worgen (100), Orc (95), Gnome (90), Night Elf (85), Goblin (80), Tauren (75), Human (70), Blood Elf (65), Draenei (60), Forsaken (55), Dwarf (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Stamina</strong>: Forsaken (105), Blood Elf (100), Draenei (95), Goblin (90), Gnome (85), Human (80), Night Elf (75), Dwarf (70), Worgen (65), Orc (60), Troll (55), Tauren (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Endurance</strong>: Dwarf (105), Troll (100), Goblin (95), Tauren (90), Forsaken (85), Blood Elf (80), Draenei (75), Orc (70), Human (65), Gnome (60), Night Elf (55), Worgen (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Reasoning</strong>: Goblin (105), Human (100), Gnome (95), Draenei (90), Dwarf (85), Tauren (80), Worgen (75), Forsaken (70), Troll (65), Night Elf (60), Orc (55), Blood Elf (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Cunning</strong>: Human (105), Forsaken (100), Night Elf (95), Blood Elf (90), Troll (85), Worgen (80), Goblin (75), Gnome (70), Orc (65), Tauren (60), Dwarf (55), Draenei (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Willpower</strong>: Draenei (105), Night Elf (100), Tauren (95), Human (90), Orc (85), Dwarf (80), Forsaken (75), Blood Elf (70), Gnome (65), Worgen (60), Troll (55), Goblin (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Tech</strong>: Gnome (105), Goblin (100), Forsaken (95), Dwarf (90), Draenei (85), Blood Elf (80), Human (75), Worgen (70), Night Elf (65), Orc (60), Tauren (55), Troll (50)</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Magic</strong>: Blood Elf (105), Draenei (100), Human (95), Forsaken (90), Goblin (85), Orc (80), Gnome (75), Troll (70), Tauren (65) Dwarf (60), Worgen (55), Night Elf (50)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ockbald" data-cite="Ockbald" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32788" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why make the Alliance the bad guys when there are several other bad guys in the Warcraft universe and the setting has a story of the two groups joining together to fight said guys?<p> </p><p> I mean I would understand making them into wildcards but straight up villains?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As wild cards, there would be a strong likeliness of seeing something like Alliance & Horde vs Alliance, and nonsensical stuff like that. It would really muddy the idea of Alliance vs Horde. Neutral characters may be set to wild card, like Alexstrasza, Tirion Fordring, and Med'an. They could potentially end up fighting their own, teaming up or attacking people they shouldn't be, but since there are less of them, it shouldn't be too regular a sight.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Deathwing416" data-cite="Deathwing416" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32788" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For the Horde!<p> </p><p> I think some Alliance, like Malfurion would be better as a Wild Card since he would help horde against some evil enemy(Ragnaros) but would obviously side with Varian if Garrosh stormed Stormwind.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm still not sure how to handle him since he would lean Alliance like you said. But then he also leads the Cenarion Circle, which is neutral and contains Horde characters. The editor unfortunately doesn't give me the option of choosing specific targets or partners, so it's a tough call.</p>

<p>At first glance of the stats, I think the Dwarf should be higher on both toughness and recovery. I'd put them up there Taurens and Orcs for Toughness. And I don't think last is the right place for them on recovery.</p><p> </p><p>

Stats are a hard thing to balance race by race but I think the rest look good.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Deathwing416" data-cite="Deathwing416" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32788" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>At first glance of the stats, I think the Dwarf should be higher on both toughness and recovery. I'd put them up there Taurens and Orcs for Toughness. And I don't think last is the right place for them on recovery.<p> </p><p> Stats are a hard thing to balance race by race but I think the rest look good.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah it took me several hours and many failed attempts to try and balance the stats in a spreadsheet, and it turns out that I will need to re-evaluate it all as I just noticed I had two 80's for Blood Elves and two 55's for Trolls when inputting them into the game. I think I will redo it and try a different approach.</p><p> </p><p> How is this (only Horde so far):</p><p> </p><p> 100-50 (each race gets two of each stat)</p><p> <strong>Strength</strong>: Tauren, Orc, Troll, Undead, BE, Goblin</p><p> <strong>Agility</strong>: Troll, BE, Orc, Goblin, Tauren, Undead</p><p> <strong>Reactions</strong>: Orc, Troll, BE, Tauren, Goblin, Undead</p><p> <strong>Toughness</strong>: Orc, Tauren, Goblin, Troll, Undead, BE</p><p> <strong>Recovery</strong>: Troll, Goblin, Tauren, Undead, BE, Orc</p><p> <strong>Stamina</strong>: BE, Goblin, Undead, Tauren, Orc, Troll</p><p> <strong>Endurance</strong>: Undead, BE, Tauren, Goblin, Troll, Orc</p><p> <strong>Reasoning</strong>: Goblin, Tauren, Undead, BE, Orc, Troll</p><p> <strong>Cunning</strong>: Undead, Troll, Orc, BE, Goblin, Tauren</p><p> <strong>Willpower</strong>: Tauren, Orc, Goblin, Troll, Undead, BE</p><p> <strong>Tech</strong>: Goblin, Undead, BE, Orc, Troll, Tauren</p><p> <strong>Magic</strong>: BE, Undead, Troll, Orc, Tauren, Goblin</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="AndyJP" data-cite="AndyJP" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32788" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah it took me several hours and many failed attempts to try and balance the stats in a spreadsheet, and it turns out that I will need to re-evaluate it all as I just noticed I had two 80's for Blood Elves and two 55's for Trolls when inputting them into the game. I think I will redo it and try a different approach.<p> </p><p> How is this (only Horde so far):</p><p> </p><p> 100-50 (each race gets two of each stat)</p><p> <strong>Strength</strong>: Tauren, Orc, Troll, Undead, BE, Goblin</p><p> <strong>Agility</strong>: Troll, BE, Orc, Goblin, Tauren, Undead</p><p> <strong>Reactions</strong>: Orc, Troll, BE, Tauren, Goblin, Undead</p><p> <strong>Toughness</strong>: Orc, Tauren, Goblin, Troll, Undead, BE</p><p> <strong>Recovery</strong>: Troll, Goblin, Tauren, Undead, BE, Orc</p><p> <strong>Stamina</strong>: BE, Goblin, Undead, Tauren, Orc, Troll</p><p> <strong>Endurance</strong>: Undead, BE, Tauren, Goblin, Troll, Orc</p><p> <strong>Reasoning</strong>: Goblin, Tauren, Undead, BE, Orc, Troll</p><p> <strong>Cunning</strong>: Undead, Troll, Orc, BE, Goblin, Tauren</p><p> <strong>Willpower</strong>: Tauren, Orc, Goblin, Troll, Undead, BE</p><p> <strong>Tech</strong>: Goblin, Undead, BE, Orc, Troll, Tauren</p><p> <strong>Magic</strong>: BE, Undead, Troll, Orc, Tauren, Goblin</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They look good. I think Taurens would be less agile then Undead though and probably lower magic then Goblins. But we can't have the Taurens be last for everything lol.</p>

<p>It's hard to get it exactly how I want it while also keeping it balanced, I think it's as good as I can get it.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's Alliance:</p><p> </p><p>

(100-50)</p><p>

<strong>Strength</strong>: Dwarf, Draenei, Worgen, Human, NE, Gnome</p><p>

<strong>Agility</strong>: NE, Worgen, Gnome, Draenei, Dwarf, Human</p><p>

<strong>Reactions</strong>: Worgen, NE, Human, Gnome, Draenei, Dwarf</p><p>

<strong>Toughness</strong>: Dwarf, Draenei, Worgen, NE, Human, Gnome</p><p>

<strong>Recovery</strong>: NE, Human, Draenei, Dwarf, Gnome, Worgen</p><p>

<strong>Stamina</strong>: Human, Worgen, Draenei, Gnome, NE, Dwarf</p><p>

<strong>Endurance</strong>: Gnome, Dwarf, NE, Worgen, Draenei, Human</p><p>

<strong>Reasoning</strong>: Human, Gnome, Dwarf, NE, Worgen, Draenei</p><p>

<strong>Cunning</strong>: Worgen, Gnome, NE, Dwarf, Human, Draenei</p><p>

<strong>Willpower</strong>: Draenei, NE, Dwarf, Human, Gnome, Worgen</p><p>

<strong>Tech</strong>: Gnome, Dwarf, Human, Draenei, Worgen, NE</p><p>

<strong>Magic</strong>: Draenei, Human, Gnome, Worgen, Dwarf, NE</p><p> </p><p>

I am up to 150+ characters currently, ranging from major characters to obscure trainers and quest givers (who will be traveling the land themselves). I am still working out all of the powers. I currently have it set up for every character to have all ten power slots filled (obviously you are still free to edit anything you desire about your own character). Each character will have a regular attack, a regular self-heal and self-energy, an energy drain (the closest thing to a silence), a stun, and then five more powers from the class and spec. Tank specializations will have the "Natural Target" ability, which makes the enemies attack them more often, and healing specializations has the opposite "Moving Target" ability. Healers will have ally-heal and ally-energy, so they're going to be great additions on teams and in patrol. They'll still have offensive spells so that they're not useless in one-on-one. </p><p> </p><p>

The Alliance cities require a certain popularity before you can go there and start picking fights. This is also the case for Shattrath, Dalaran, Black Temple, and Icecrown Citadel. All Horde cities are open for the player, but non-Horde characters will never go there (I might change this). You can safely move to a Horde city to socialize, train, or recover. The open battle zones are available to everyone and are going to be very populated. Currently, the open zones are: Ashenvale Forest (which has a lot of Sentinels vs. Warsong), Alterac Mountains (Stormpike Dwarves vs. Frostwolf), Arathi Highlands (League of Arathor vs. The Defilers), Ruins of Gilneas (Gilneas vs. Forsaken), Twilight Highlands (Wildhammer vs. Dragonmaw), Northrend, and Outland. There is also the Emerald Dream, which requires the druid class. Very few characters are going to stay put, as most are set to "wanderer" or "tourist". </p><p> </p><p>

I'll be adding pictures for all characters and a skin to go along with this mod as well. No ETA yet but ever since Adam added the copy option in abilities and powers I've been able to get everything done much faster!</p>

This excites me more than the potential Marvel mods! I'm a huge WoW fan (nerd!) and I'm even more excited that it's going to be Horde as the playable (at first) side, because if it were Alliance I wouldn't even download it, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update on this mod. As you can see from the top post that I edited, I have been putting a lot of work into this and it is a lot closer to completion. I can't offer an ETA presently, I'm not even sure how many characters I want to add to this. While testing, it didn't really feel like I had added enough characters... so it will be at least over 500.

Presently, there are 123 "Heroes" (this includes templates, however). 34 "Anti-heroes" which mostly includes Forsaken. 224 "Villains" which doesn't entirely mean Alliance. 59 "Wild Cards" who are mostly all from neutral organizations. They are all 100% lore characters.

• 3 years later...

Archived