Computer Meltdown Your Stories

Stennick

I think I have the worst luck with technology in the world. I go through a phone on average every six months. To be fair usually their crap phones so one I don't take care of them like I should since they weren't very much and two there is a reason they are cheap. None the less I go through them with a quickness.

The other thing that happens to me a ton is computer crashes. Its just freak accidents. I had a lightning storm and the power went out at my house while I was at work. I got home and my mother board was fried. My laptop battery was completely bad and the only way it was running was on AC power. I smashed a spider on my desk and pulled the cord out during the murdering of said spider. Well I went to turn it back on, the system needed to be repaired, windows was unable to repair it and so I just recently had my third CPU melt down in right around two years.

Who else out there has had serious, multiple CPU issues in a short amount of time? Am I the only one out there that has these severe CPU issues that cause me to lose data on what seems like an annual basis?

<p>Between my first Mac and my current one, I had a phase of wanting to switch back to PC's. Mostly for gaming reasons. Actually, if I recall, TEW was a major factor. In the span on a couple of months I utterly destroyed three PC's. Two desktops. One laptop. Constant crashes through misuse and riddled them with viruses to the point that they were unsalvagable. I guess my internet tastes are a bit too dark and seedy without extra-strength firewalls.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway, back to Mac now. This one has survived several years with no problems... except for that time my PC partition became riddled with viruses...</p>

Not really a computer meltdown, but somehow the almost 4,000 songs on my iPod got deleted a few months back...Not sure where all the MP3's and whatnot went on my hard drive, but I'm still re ripping all the CD's. I'm only at 1,000 songs so far.

Very frustrating.

Archived