The NWA: A Return To Glory (Version 2.0)

Tuesday January 26th, 2011

The Regent Showcase Theater, West Hollywood, CA

Quick Pick Match Listing:

Adam Pearce vs. Go Shiozaki

Jerry Lynn vs. Brent Albright

Shad Gaspard vs. Petey Williams

Shelton Benjamin vs. Teddy Hart

The Blue Demon vs. Trevor Murdock

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just Think, that Go may be he man to take it all... And Pearce would be a guy that can be on the chase for the title as a heel

always been a big Albright fan... A win over Lynn gives him more credibility

tough on to pick... Im going to say size matters

Shelton will make it to the finals of tourny

I still like Murdock more, but just have a feeling Blue Demon is a guy you'll push

-Pearce won last time, so Go gets his win back

-Albright takes the win

- Shad wins, but Petey puts up a real fight

-Shelton looks like he could be a big star in this incarnation of the NWA

- I'm going for another draw, to set up a third match to settle it all down the line.

Gotta go with the former champ here.

this was tough but Brent has youth on his side here

i flip flopped on this one a few times but i think shad gets the w here

gotta go with Shelton here in fact i think he may be the next NWA champ

I think Trevor gets the w here through some form of chicanery

• 2 weeks later...

In a dark match, Brodie Lee defeated Super Crazy.

In the first match of the evening, Go Shiozaki defeats Adam Pearce by DQ in 5:58 when Pearce pulled referee Slick Johnson in the way of Shiozaki's Burning Lariat. Pearce proceeds to put the boots to Shiozaki until Los Luchas and PAC run out from the back to break up the beatdown.

The video plays hyping the debut of Mike Knox and Gregg Groothius, the Wild Mountain Grizzlies, next week on CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM HOLLYWOOD!

Backstage, Becky Bayless is with Brent Albright. "Brent, you've got your hands full in your NWA World Heavyweight title tournament first round matchup, drawing crafty veteran Jerry Lynn. How do you feel you match up with the experienced technician?" Albright rubs his hands together and flashes a slight grin."Becky, I'm honored to be getting in there with Jerry Lynn tonight. I remember seeing him take on Rob Van Dam in the ECW arena in an epic match years ago. Those are the key words though, years ago. I respect Jerry Lynn for still being able to lace up the boots and compete at such a high level for his age. But.....youth must be served. I'm younger, stronger, faster and I'm going to make him tap out to the Crowbar in the center of the ring tonight!"

In a bit of an upset, Jerry Lynn scores the pinfall on the younger Brent Albright with an inside cradle at the 9:09 mark. After the match, Albright shakes hands with Lynn and raises his arm in victory.

A brief commercial plays, hyping the NWA's first ever iPPV on GoFightLive.tv, NWA SHOWDOWN, starting at 8pm EST on Saturday January 29th, 2011.

Despite putting up a good fight against his much larger foe, Petey Williams ultimately loses to Shad Gaspard by pinfall in 7:21. Williams tries for the Canadian Destroyer but can't lift Gaspard who shoves him off and blasts him with a running big boot for the win. After the bout, Becky Bayless climbs into the ring for an interview with the winner. "Shad, welcome to the NWA. That was a big win tonight against Petey Williams. Do you think you have what it takes to go all the way in this tournament Saturday night?" Shad smiles broadly and flexes for the camera. "What up Hollywood? Da Beast Shad Gaspard is here for one reason and one reason only....the be the NWA World Heavyweight Champion! I am six foot seven, two hundred and ninety five pounds of pure beast and there ain't nobody nowhere that's gonna stop me! Let me give a quick shout out to my boys back home in Brooklyn! Da Beast is bringin' it home boys!"

In an excellent exchange of technical wrestling and high flying athleticism, Shelton Benjamin manages to put away a surprisingly game Teddy Hart in 13:04 by pinfall with the T-Bone Suplex.

Lauren Jones fires some T-shirts into the crowd, including the brand new NWA SHOWDOWN on GoFightLive shirt.

In a fast paced match, the Blue Demon manages to overcome several attempts by Brodie Lee to interfere but frustratingly cannot score the win over Trevor Murdock. The two men battle to a second fifteen minute time limit draw. The two tired warriors stare at each other incredulously as announcer David Marquez and Dusty Rhodes speculate as to what this means for SHOWDOWN on Saturday night.

End of Show:

Predictions:

MrPXW11556: 2-3

Beejus: 3-2

TheBoondockSaint: 4-1

Oldschool: 3-2

guyver3: 1-4

The Final Countdown: 3-2

smurphy1014: 3-2

Arogue: 4-1

arwink: 2-3

SomeonesPC: 2-3

ChrisKid: 3-2

rvdjrv2002: 2-3

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/NWAdiary/Logos%20and%20Posters/twitter_logo_header.png Be sure to add the official NWA: Return to Glory v2.0 Twitter page @NWARTG2

Wednesday January 27th, 2011

FROM http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/NWAdiary/Logos%20and%20Posters/joomla_logo_black.png

For the second time in two weeks, The Blue Demon and Trevor Murdock have wrestled to a fifteen minute time limit draw on CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING FROM HOLLYWOOD. The NWA Board of Directors continue to feel that the NWA World Heavyweight Title Tournament is too important for a competitor to have a free pass into the semifinals. As a result, the Board has ruled that the two men will open up SHOWDOWN with a thirty minute time limit one on one matchup with a spot in the quarterfinals on the line!

From http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/NWAdiary/Logos%20and%20Posters/joomla_logo_black.png

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/NWAdiary/Logos%20and%20Posters/ring.jpg

TOURNAMENT TO DETERMINE THE NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Jerry Lynn vs. Murdock/Demon winner

Shelton Benjamin vs. Agent Zero

Carlos Colon vs. Shad Gaspard

Go Shiozaki vs. Morishima

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/NWAdiary/Logos%20and%20Posters/twitter_logo_header.png Be sure to add the official NWA: Return to Glory v2.0 Twitter page @NWARTG2

9:00 PM EST Saturday August 4th, 2007

Regent Showcase Theater, West Hollywood, California

QUICK PICK MATCH LISTING:

(Select one wrestler to win the tournament)

The Blue Demon

Trevor Murdock

Jerry Lynn

Go Shiozaki

Morishima

Carlos Colon

Shad Gaspard

Shelton Benjamin

Agent Zero

Archived