InfinityPlusVerse Mod [RELEASE 1.0]

Boom Town and Principal City both are pretty solid in terms of #s in the default DB so I didn't spend too much time on them.]

You had problems getting the mod to work? What happened? You should just be able to extract the DB and pic folder and I thought they were set up so if you extracted from the root directory it would plunk it in the proper spots. Then you just copy over the default picture folder and bam, done.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boom Town and Principal City both are pretty solid in terms of #s in the default DB so I didn't spend too much time on them.]

You had problems getting the mod to work? What happened? You should just be able to extract the DB and pic folder and I thought they were set up so if you extracted from the root directory it would plunk it in the proper spots. Then you just copy over the default picture folder and bam, done.

Ironically, when I came to check the database again it had worked. But the problem I was having was unallocated pictures- none of them had linked up, and when I went to try it gave me a 'run-time error 76' message and closed down. But like I said, it's working now, which is very odd.

Very odd indeed. Perhaps you need to create the DB folder through CBH first and then dump the files in?

/shrug. Let me know if you (or anyone else) has any problems as a goal of mine is to make the installation of this mod as seamless as possible.

On that note, I'm looking on the horizon for Release 2.0 which will hopefully add ~100 more people and a couple more locations. I'm just curious if anyone had any gripes about downloading the 50mb picture pack again or if I should create an "update from v1.2" version that just has the new pictures in it.

Also, once again feel free to help out by either donating renders and/or concepts to the cause.

I'll take a look at it. If it spices up the game world I might end up bying the game. :p (as I think it's currently a little too repetitive)

Well it certainly does give you more chance of fighting different foes, and a larger selection of characters you can choose to be, so it's kinda win/win.

Handy for a diary, means more variation. Which is why The Amazing Adventures of Cactus Man has moved to Infinityplus :D

Thank you. I've got a couple surprises in store for the next one, but why bother keeping them secret?

Surprise #1 is I've gotten permission from prophetx to roll his mod into v2 so there's an extra 60 characters already. I will be using his characters over my own so characters like Mr. Canada and Officer 001 might either have a different render assigned to them or get removed entirely. I'll have a list of the impacted characters but overall it shouldn't be a huge impact, just that, say Mr. Canada becomes Vanguard. Same image, same area, same power level, different bio and stats.

Surprise #2 is I've been in communication with some renderers outside of the GDS community and hopefully I'll be able to bring in some new renders.

Surprise #3 is another board member is hard at work on several brand new areas for the I+verse which will add something like another 50-ish characters.

So, given the ~100 unused renders I've got (and counting) + ~100 characters I'll be importing from other mods I'm already looking at blowing away my original "100 character goal" and now am looking at doubling the mod size.

ETA is still undecided, it took a lot of time for this mod and although I've got help this time around, there is going to be a lot of cutting to do.

HOW CAN YOU HELP? you ask? Glad to hear it.

1) Always in need of more renders

2) Always up for character concepts. Check out the "unused" section of the pictures for ideas on how to help. Either post up a snap of the created character or just say "That picture with that guy could be this or that"

3) Always looking to absorb more mods. While I might rebalance and relocate and make a few tweaks to better integrate into the existing universe I promise to maintain the overall integrity of the characters you provide (or at least provide a heads up before publishing).

4) I NEED CUTTERS! I've got tons of renders with elaborate backgrounds that needs to be trimmed out and slapped onto the stock CBH backgrounds. It's more work but I think it creates a cleaner mod overall and I'd rather not use a mod then ruin the overall aesthetics by taking the lazy route and not cutting. So if you've got some photoshop-fu (or gimp or paint.net etc.) and feel up for a challenge I can send you some renders to cut onto CBH backgrounds and create headshots for. This turned up to eat up the most of my time so the less time I have to spend dinking around with "magic wand" settings and lassoing loose pixels, the quicker I can turn around and publish another 300 characters (and at least another 4 locations!)

I repeat:

I need render cutting help!

I totaled it up and so far I have 174 renders needing CBH backgrounds. Granted that some of those probably are uncutable due to this or that but that still leaves nearly 100 renders that needs some tlc.

PM me and I will whip up a 20 render pack for you to cut.

To continue on my sneak peaks, here are some plans for new locations:

(note these won't use actual location names, instead just having thematic names)

1) "Furry" Island - a jungle location home to all sorts of animals. I might shuffle around a few existing characters like the Kid Caprids and Deft Leopard to bring the numbers up.

2) Eurasia - An eastern themed modern urban area, expect greater numbers of samurai, ninjas, and martial artists.

3) Atlantis - underwater area. Again, will shuffle around some existing heroes to even out the numbers but I'm also hoping to drop in some mermaids and sharks to get that aquatic feel.

4) Victorian Steampunk - An urban setting for the Wild West timeline. It'll open up a new location with a steam punk feel.

5) Elven Village - For Elix Vitae a new area with more orks and elves to provide a more LotR feel rather then straight D&D.

6,7,8) The true middle ages - While Elix Vitae will remain "high fantasy" with monsters and wizards etc. a series of 3 settings will provide a more "low fantasy" feel for the middle ages. There will still be magic but it'll be more in line with knights beating on other knights ala King Arthur.

9) Hell - Finally all those demons can have a place to call home :)

10) ??? at the moment. Some thoughts kicking around are:

A) "End of Time" setting populated by Time Travelers.

B) Mirror Universe Principal City where everyone's alignments are flipped.

C) The Arena - a bunch of low level heroes versus a bunch of high level villains

D) Newbieville - a small intro area where the enemies are all really easy or have easily exploited weaknesses.

• 2 weeks later...
6,7,8) The true middle ages - While Elix Vitae will remain "high fantasy" with monsters and wizards etc. a series of 3 settings will provide a more "low fantasy" feel for the middle ages. There will still be magic but it'll be more in line with knights beating on other knights ala King Arthur

As PP has spilt the beans on my addition to I+(:p), here is a sneek peak of the King himself

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8310/arthura.jpg

And some evil guards

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3373/princesguards.jpg

to get you in the mood :D

• 2 months later...

Well, as you might have guessed my time has been eaten up almost completely due to this and that.

I am still planning on releasing 2.0 making the I-verse bigger and badder then before but I could really use help.

If people are interested I will post 3x3 blocks of pictures that the community can then create characters for to include in I+2.0

A few renders i found on the internet. I think they would go well in the mod.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/DawnBreaker.jpghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/DawnBreaker-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/Rambolina.jpghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/Rambolina-1.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/BattleFae.jpghttp://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/leeall76/Renders/BattleFae-1.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...