MPW: Built from scratch (0/0/0/0 C-Verse)

Jayson Van Pelt vs Raphael

Normally I would go with Raphael but since there is clearly a feud going here I go with Van Pelt winning the first round since he´s the one I see being the underdog.

Roger Monteiro vs Ant Man

Monteiro = jobber.

Nigel Svennsson vs Shame

Shame has so far been jobbing and I don´t see it changing here.

Cal Sanders vs Mr Lucha vs Jamie Atherton

Lucha seems like the top guy from these three.

Velocidad vs Roderick Remus – To name the inaugural MPW Champion

Remus gets another questionable victory.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 13 people in attendance...

MPW presents Welcome to the Future

Announcers:

Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton

We are welcomed to the show by our announcers Remmington Remus and the self proclaimed ‘best dressed man in pro-wrestling’ Jamie Atherton.

Jayson Van Pelt vs Raphael

We open up the show with one of the matches that was announced at ‘The World or Nothing’ last month. Raphael challenged Van Pelt after the young Canadian cost Raphael his Semi-Final match in the Championship tournament.

Raphael goes straight after Van Pelt at the opening bell, swinging right hands wildly. Raphael’s recklessness allows Van Pelt to start the match strongly, and control the early exchanges. Raphael eventually adopts a more controlled approach, and begins to get the better of Van Pelt. Raphael takes this opportunity to start running his mouth at his opponent in between landing high impact moves. The wealthy youngster gets a little too cocky however, and Van Pelt is able to regain control of the match. Raphael looks in real trouble, with Van Pelt landing a series of unanswered moves. However, as Van Pelt looked to bounce off of the ropes, Mark Smart clipped his ankle to send the youngster off balance. Raphael takes advantage of the opportunity, rolling up his opponent to steal the win.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Raphael defeated Jayson Van Pelt in 8:11 by pinfall after Mark Smart interfered.

Rating: E+

Post match, Raphael makes his way to the commentary desk and promptly declares that he just showed why he is the best wrestler in MPW. He also states that he isn’t finished with Jayson Van Pelt yet. He tells Van Pelt to find himself a partner, because next month at ‘Guilty as Charged’ he would be facing Raphael & his partner Jamie Atherton. Atherton jumps in and claims that next month Raphael and himself would prove unbeatable. Raphael goes a step further. “Jamie Atherton and myself may just be the greatest tag team ever assembled! With my good looks, talent, charisma and athleticism and Jamie’s….fashion sense, we’re unstoppable!”

Roger Monteiro vs Ant Man

A rematch from ‘The World or Nothing’, which ends up being even more one-sided the second time around. Ant Man simply overpowers Monteiro in this match, and could probably have finished this even more quickly if he hadn’t spent so much time posing and flexing for the crowd. Ant Man eventually finished the match with an Antidote to get the three.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Ant-Man defeated Roger Monteiro in 6:54 by pinfall with an Antidote.

After the match, Jamie Atherton announces that he has decided to start a charity mission. After seeing first hand just how bland Nigel Svensson is, he has taken it upon himself to give Nigel a chance to bring out his ‘inner pro-wrestler’. With this in mind, Atherton announces he has handpicked an opponent to help Svensson bring out some character. Next up would be Nigel Svensson against... ‘The Masked Outlaw’ Shame!

Rating: E-

Nigel Svensson vs Shame

Jamie Atherton enthusiastically applauds Svensson as he approaches the ring, even going as far as to give him a cheesy thumbs up. Needless to say, Svensson looks less than impressed with the antics of the extravagant Jamie Atherton.

Svensson is ruthlessly efficient in this match, using his solid mat skills and technical moves to control most of this match. Despite this, Atherton gradually becomes more and more exasperated on commentary. He brands the match boring, and proclaims Svensson to be failing to take advantage of this opportunity Atherton had presented to the Swede. When Svensson picks up the win with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock, Atherton proclaims that this charity mission was going to be even more difficult than he had envisioned. This leaves Remmington Remus completely bemused.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Shame in 7:20 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Rating: D-

Cal Sanders vs Mr Lucha III vs Jamie Atherton

Jamie Atherton then proclaims he would have to show Svensson how a ‘real’ pro-wrestler handles themselves in the ring, removing his shirt to reveal he is dressed for competition tonight. Ant Man stepped in to provide Colour for this match.

This triple threat match was a real back and forth affair, with all three men having good periods of offence. Atherton starts the match ultra-aggressive, seemingly looking to prove a point and really taking the fight to his two opponents. However, Lucha proves to be too quick for him, and is able to dump Atherton to the outside. Cal Sanders then begins to use his mat skills to ground Lucha, and take away his speed advantage. After a Sanders suplex, Atherton slides into the ring and looks to steal the pinfall, but Lucha kicks out at two.

The match returns to being a very back and forth affair, until just before the 8 minute mark when Atherton is once again unceremoniously dumped to the outside. Lucha then uses his added speed to build momentum, before hitting a Third Strike on Sanders to pick up the three count.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Mr. Lucha III defeated Cal Sanders and Jamie Atherton in 8:12 when Mr. Lucha III defeated Cal Sanders by pinfall with a Third Strike.

Velocidad vs Roderick Remus

MPW Championship

Atherton makes his way back on to commentary, unhappy that he was unable to pick up a victory in the previous match. Atherton claims he had been a victim of the Triple Threat rules, and that if he had been one-on-one with either of tonight’s opponents he would of course been victorious. Remmington Remus seems to have reservations on this assertion, but decides to move on.

Next we have the final of the Championship tournament, and the MPW Championship is displayed on the announce desk before the match. As the two competitors make their way to the ring, the commentators quickly run through the two semi finals from ‘The World or Nothing’. The match itself starts with Roderick Remus controlling the action, using a series of holds and strikes to keep the speedy Velocidad at bay. As the match goes on, Velocidad begins to get more and more into the match, with Roderick Remus struggling to contain the luchador. Eventually Velocidad’s speed becomes too much for Remus, and the luchador begins to take control.

Velocidad stays on top, showing off his flashy offence and picks up a series of near falls. Roderick Remus becomes more and more desperate, using eye rakes and stalling tactics to try and curb some of the luchadors momentum. However Velocidad stays on top, not giving Remus room to breathe. The luchador continues to impress as he lands a beautiful standing dropkick on Remus, before heading to the top rope to the delight of the crowd (yes, all 13 of them!). Velocidad leaps from the top rope and looks to land a Cross Body, but Remus is able to use his opponents own momentum against him and roll through. The referee slides in to count the pin, and fails to notice Roderick Remus put his feet up on to the second rope. With the extra leverage, he is able to keep Velocidad’s shoulders down just long enough to pick up the win.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Roderick Remus defeated Velocidad in 8:30 by pinfall by using the ropes illegally for leverage. Roderick Remus wins the MPW Championship.

As Roderick Remus celebrates with his new Title belt, his brother seems less than impressed on commentary… there’s no doubt about it this time, Roderick meant that. Atherton tells Remmington not to sweat it; his brother has just become the champ… that should be celebrated regardless of the circumstances.

However, Remmington Remus seems to think differently. The commentator grabs his walking stick and slowly makes his way to the ring, where his brother is still elaborately celebrating his title win. Remmington enters the ring and immediately begins to ask his brother why he is acting the way he has been. Roderick seems to ignore this, and merely begins showing Remmington his new title. Remmington shakes his head, and again questions what Roderick thinks he’s doing.

This seems to annoy Roderick who begins arguing with Remmington. The two Remus brothers argue for a brief period, before Velocidad steps in and splits them up. Remmington yells at Roderick that they were bought up better than this. Roderick looks like he is contemplating Remmington’s words for a moment before… BAM! Roderick levels Velocidad, who had been standing between the two brothers, with a shot from his title belt. Roderick and Remmington then have a long stare off, before the new champion bails from the ring and heads to the back with his new title held proudly aloft.

Show Rating: D-

There was a feeling some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

End of month - March 2010

Another successful show for a promotion of our size. We threw a couple of storylines into motion, and Roddy was named as our first ever champ. I know, I know: "Politics"... but Roddy is easily our most popular guy, and I'm hoping he can help us get a foothold in the wrestling world before we look to build our previously unknown other talents as legitimate threats.

As usual, between shows I kept up with what was happening in the major US promotions

SWF

A busy month for SWF, which was kicked off by signing a new PPV deal with PPV Japan to air their PPV’s over there. They then extended the deals of BJ O’Neill and Everest, and called up both Primus Allen and Masked Patriot to the main roster. They then signed charismatic manager Carl Batch to a written deal, and let Jessie go the other way.

Big Event: SWF Awesome Impact (B) Buy Rate: 3.73

Main Event: Eric Eisen bt Rich Money & Steve Frehley to retain SWF World Heavyweight Championship

Match of the Night: Squeeky McLean bt Enforcer Roberts

Bookers view: A more solid month for the SWF. Primus Allen looks a great prospect, and Carl Batch could prove a successful manager. However, the decision to let Jessie go seemed a little odd to me.

TCW

All Action Champion Edd Stone signed a contract extension, as did John Anderson and Archie Judge. They also bought in youngster Mighty Mo, who looks a bright prospect.

Big Event: TCW Just Another Day? (B) Buy Rate: 1.55

Main Event: Rocky Golden bt Troy Tornado to retain TCW World Heavyweight Title

Match of the Night: Minnesota, Vessey & RDJ bt Cornell, Hawkins & Peak

Bookers view: Once again, the Main Event on PPV failed to live up to the match preceding it. Maybe it’s unfair to compare Rocky Golden to Cornell... but by putting the belt on him, that’s exactly what TCW want fans to do. Unfortunately the comparison isn’t favourable for the TCW Champion. TCW also put on an early contender for show of the year with the first TCW: Total Wrestling of March, where the Main Event saw Tommy Cornell beat Joey Minnesota.

USPW

A quiet month for USPW, as they extended the deal of Andre Jones.

Big Event: USPW Liberty & Justice (B-) Buy Rate: 0.85

Main Event & Match of the Night: Enygma bt Tyson Baine to retain USPW World Title

Bookers view: Enygma returned to PPV this month for USPW, which saw a great Main Event and a far improved show for the #3 promotion in the USA.

MPW: Guilty As Charged

Following on from the events that followed the Main Event at ‘Welcome to the Future’, Remmington Remus has promised to call out his brother to discuss his recent actions. ‘Welcome to the Future’ also saw Raphael and Jamie Atherton lay down a tag challenge to Jayson Van Pelt. Van Pelt has enlisted the help of fellow Canadian Cal Sanders. Nigel Svensson also continues his ‘education’, with Jamie Atherton enlisting the help of Mark Smart to try and bring out the Swede’s ‘inner pro wrestler’. Make sure not to miss ‘Guilty as Charged!’.

Matches announced:

Nigel Svensson vs Mark Smart

Roger Monteiro vs Shame

Jayson Van Pelt/Cal Sanders vs Raphael/Jamie Atherton

Mr Lucha III vs Ant Man

Svensson has more upside.

Roger Monteiro vs Shame

Two guys who I see as jobbers but I think that Shame is better from these two.

Jayson Van Pelt/Cal Sanders vs Raphael/Jamie Atherton

Raphael took the first match between him and JVP so I go with the other way this time.

Mr Lucha III vs Ant Man

With heel champ Lucha winning makes more sense to me as he would be a good challanger.

From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 11 people in attendance...

MPW presents Guilty as Charged

Announcers:

Remmington Remus and Mark Smart

We open the show with Remmington Remus standing alone in the ring with a microphone.

Remmington: “Last month my brother Roderick Remus was named the first ever MPW Champion, but the circumstances which surrounded that title win ruined that moment for me. In fact Roddy’s behaviour ever since he’s joined MPW has left a lot to be desired. So tonight I want to set things straight, Roderick would you please join me in the ring...”

Roderick Remus slowly makes his way to the ring to join his brother, carrying his new title proudly on his shoulder.

Remmington: “Look Roddy, I just want to know what’s going on with you. The low blows, the poking of the eyes, the feet on the ropes... the attack on Velocidad after winning the title. What’s happening to you?”

Roderick doesn’t seem to be interested in what his brother is saying, so Remmington tries a new angle.

Remmington: “I remember when we made our wrestling debut as a tag team at 16 years old. Do you remember those kids Roddy? We were going to be the greatest tag team of all time, and we were going to do it by entertaining people. Not by cheating, not by attacking people after the bell.”

This seems to get Roderick’s attention, as he signals for the microphone from his brother.

Roderick: “Well that’s all very nice... but I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’m not a 16 year old kid anymore. I’ve grown up, and I’ve learnt that the wrestling business isn’t the glitzy place we saw on TV all those years ago. I’ve spent the past five years ‘paying my dues’, wrestling some old, decrepit never-has-been who think they can still ‘go’ despite the fact they’re 50 pounds overweight with a bad back or knee or move set. I’ve seen guys who have half of my talent move on to bigger things because they have connections I don’t have. I’ve learnt that this business is cruel. It’s dog eat dog. You do everything in your power to get ahead, because everybody else is looking to bring you down.”

Roderick Remus had been getting more and more worked up as he ran through his speech, and stops for a second to take a breath and calm down a little before continuing.

Roderick: “But do you want to know the real reason I’ve changed? The reason I’ve realised that I need to get ahead, and I need to get ahead now. It’s you.”

Remmington looks confused. He points to himself, and asks his brother “me?”

Roderick: “You asked me if I remember our debut at 16? Yeah, I remember. I also remember the dreams we had at 16, the ambitions we shared. We were going to be snapped up to the big leagues. We were going to be the youngest World Tag Team Champions of all time. Do you remember? And look at us now. I’ve been in this business for 5 years now, and here I am performing in front of a dozen people at a time... and look at you. Your entire career was ended in an instant, all of our dreams up in smoke. No big leagues, no Tag Team Championships. I’ve come to realise that careers can end in an instant, and I can’t wait around for scouts to find me... I have to force their hands. This title is just the start, I’m moving on to bigger and better things... and if I have to bend a few rules to get there, then so be it.”

With that Roderick drops the microphone and begins to make his way to the back. However, in the ring Remmington picks up the microphone with a concerned look on his face, and addresses his brother almost reluctantly.

Remmington: “Roderick... I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, but tonight you’ll be facing Velocidad in a rematch for the MPW Championship. I’m sorry.”

With that, Remmington drops the microphone and slowly makes his way back to the announce desk. Roderick throws an absolute fit as he makes his way to the back.

Remmington Remus returns to the commentary desk with a concerned expression on his face. Jamie Atherton lightens the mood by announcing that he has found the perfect opponent to continue Nigel Svensson’s ‘education’. Atherton promises that he will bring out Nigel Svensson’s ‘inner pro-wrestler’, and that as ‘the best dressed man in pro wrestling’ he is the perfect teacher for the Swede. Atherton says that Raphael, his tag team partner later tonight, has lent him his worker Mark Smart for this most difficult of tasks as a gesture of good will.

Svensson comes out looking exasperated, as Atherton enthusiastically cheers the Swede to the ring. However once the bell rings the Swede is all business, controlling the match with a series of submission holds and excellent mat work. Smart struggles to make an impression against the MMA trained Svensson, and the Swede eventually picks up the win with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Nigel Svensson defeated Mark Smart in 5:57 by submission with a Hyper Extension Arm Lock.

Remmington Remus begins to hype Nigel Svensson’s impressive performance, but is quickly cut off by a disappointed Jamie Atherton. Atherton states that if anything Svensson is going backwards, if that were even possible, and that he would have to really step things up a notch next month.

Jayson Van Pelt/Cal Sanders vs Raphel/Jamie Atherton

Jayson Van Pelt and Raphael have been clashing with each other ever since debuting in MPW. Raphael gained the upper hand in their rivalry with a victory at ‘Welcome to the Future’, and wasted no time in challenging Van Pelt to a tag team match here at ‘Guilty As Charged’. Jayson Van Pelt has recruited fellow Canadian Cal Sanders as his partner for this match.

At the start of the match, Jayson Van Pelt is keen to start things off for his team, and tries to coax Raphael into opening up against him. However Raphael just shakes his head and steps onto the apron, leaving Atherton to open up against Van Pelt. Van Pelt starts well, but his momentum is stopped by a cheap shot from Raphael on the apron. Van Pelt immediately reacted and gets in Raphaels face, allowing Atherton to capatalise and attack Van Pelt from behind. Raphael then tags in for the first time in the match, and takes advantage of his downed opponent with a series of stomps and clubbing blows to the back. The Heels then utilise frequent tags to keep control of the match and wear down Jayson Van Pelt.

Things stay this way, until a desperate back body drop from Van Pelt on Raphael leaves both men down. Both men struggle back to their corners, and make simultaneous tags. Sanders comes in like a house on fire, hitting the incoming Atherton with a series of Clotheslines. Raphael looks to get involved, but is cut off with a Dropkick from Van Pelt which sends the wealthy Heel to the outside. Raphael begins to stagger backwards, but Van Pelt slides out of the ring and chases him all the way to the back.

This leaves Atherton alone in the ring with a fresh Cal Sanders, and it doesn’t take long for him to press home his advantage. A Double Axe Handle from the middle rope proved enough to keep Atherton down for the three count.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Jayson Van Pelt and Cal Sanders defeated Raphael and Jamie Atherton in 7:45 when Cal Sanders defeated Jamie Atherton by pinfall

Roger Monteiro vs Shame

Jamie Atherton is back on commentary, and in a foul mood after defeat in the previous match. He calls Jayson Van Pelt a renegade and a rule breaker, citing that he caught Raphael completely off guard by attacking him when they were not the legal men in the match. When Raphael and Van Pelt fought face to face last month Raphael prevailed, so Van Pelt had to jump Raphael from behind to gain an unfair advantage. It makes Atherton sick. Remmington Remus tries to point out that Van Pelt was merely stopping Raphael from attacking Sanders when he wasn’t the legal man, but as usual Jamie Atherton was having none of it.

Shame and Roger Monteiro have both struggled at the begging of their MPW careers, with neither man picking up a win up to this point. This match represented a great opportunity for both men to build some much needed momentum, and the match began at a frenetic pace with both men looking to get an early pinfall. This was a very even match, but it was Shame who was able to gain the advantage with a rake to the eyes. From here he was able to go on and pick up the win.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Shame defeated Roger Monteiro in 6:58 by pinfall.

Mr Lucha III vs Ant Man

#1 Contenders Match

This match was announced as a number one contenders match, with the winner of this match facing the winner of Velocidad/Roderick Remus in the Main Event next month at ‘Birthright’ for the MPW Championship. This was a classic power vs speed match up, with Mr Lucha III looking to outpace his much more powerful opponent.

Ant Man started this match strongly, using his power to keep his opponent grounded. Lucha struggled to get into the match, and had his attempts to rally cut short by a single power move from Ant Man. As he gained more control, Ant Man began to play to the crowd. His constant flexing and posing would prove his downfall, as Lucha was able to catch him off guard with a standing Enzuigiri. From here, Lucha landed a series of kicks and even a standing Hurricanrana to keep on top of Ant Man. With Ant Man off balance, Lucha was able to land his finisher, the Third Strike, to pick up the victory and set up a title match next month.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mr. Lucha III defeated Ant-Man in 7:33 by pinfall with a Third Strike.

Rating: D

Velocidad vs Roderick Remus ©

MPW Championship

Roderick Remus comes out for this one with a foul look on his face, clearly unhappy at having to defend his title tonight. On commentary, Jamie Atherton claims that Roderick Remus shouldn’t have to defend his title against Velocidad, after beating the Luchador at ‘Welcome To The Future’. Remmington Remus says that after the questionable finish to their match last month, not to mention the post match attack from Roderick Remus, Velocidad deserves this second chance at the gold.

Velocidad goes right after Roderick Remus straight from the bell, landing a series of impressive dropkicks to knock the champion off of his feet. Velocidad stays on top and lands a Cross Body for a two count, before snapping off a Hurricanrana.

The Champion finally finds his footing in the match, using a well timed low blow to slow down the luchador. The match is very even from this point, with both men gaining the advantage for periods. Velocidad looks to take charge once again with another standing Dropkick, before going to a Springboard Cross Body. However he eats nothing but canvas, as Roderick Remus ducks under the flying luchador. Remus takes advantage, locking in the Remus Clutch and picking up the win.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Roderick Remus defeated Velocidad in 7:58 by submission with a Remus Clutch. Roderick Remus makes defence number 1 of his MPW Championship title.

Jamie Atherton begins hyping Roderick Remus’ win, saying that not even Remmington could have any complaints about the manner of victory this time. Remmington looks as if he’s about to agree, but back in the ring Roderick has re-applied the Remus Stretch to Velocidad. Velocidad is screaming in pain, as referee Jonathan Taylor tries to pull Remus off of the luchador to no avail.

However at that moment Mr Lucha III appears from behind the curtain, and the number one contender charges the ring. Roderick Remus sees him coming, and releases the hold before bailing from the ring. Lucha slides into the ring and checks on Velocidad, before turning to watch Roderick Remus make his way back towards the curtain. Roderick Remus lifts his title in the air and stares down Lucha, as the commentators hype the Main Event at ‘Birthright’.

Final Rating: D-

There was a feeling some of the angles used did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action. This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.

Predictions

Zergon 4-0

The Effect 3-1

Emark 3-1

Prediction Contest Standings (after four shows)

The Effect 16-3

Zergon 16-3

Boltinho 7-8

Pennyone 5-5

Midnightnick 4-1

Emark 3-1

King Of Old School 2-3

A warm welcome to Emark for your first predictions in this diary. Thanks to The Effect and Zergon for predicting again, things are really close between you two so far.

Good read so far, so I'll throw my picks in for this card...

Thank you for the kind words, it's always nice to know people are actually reading :)

Will there be a prize for highest amount of predictions?

There will, I just haven't quite worked out what it will be yet. In my previous diaries, I have asked the winner to choose someone to have a run at a title or suggest a new potential signing. Both have slight problems at smaller feds. A 'run' at the title can only last a couple of shows due to there being no TV show/PPV format to allow a proper build up, which makes the prize slightly unfulfilling if the pick doesn't win. The problem with signings is that predictors may be unaware of who is available in game. I'm a few months ahead in the game than I am in this diary, so I would hesitate to send the save to have a look at.

One thought I had was maybe the winner outlining a particular gimmick they wanted to see portrayed, and then I go out and find someone who can play it. In my mind that could be quite fun for me, but it may also be slight laziness on my part and I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this. :p

So yeah there will be a prize, I just haven't worked out what it will be yet. Just to note, I plan on running this first prediction contest over the first in game year, or 12 shows. If anyone has any suggestions for a prediction prize feel free to post it, and I'll have another think on my end :)

End of month

We managed to put on another good show for a promotion our size. We also set up a Lucha vs Roddy match to Main Event next month, which is probably our money match at this point, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Elsewhere in the wrestling world...

SWF

A quiet month behind the scenes for the SWF, as they quietly put on a series of positive shows.

Big Event: SWF Master of Puppets (B) Buy Rate: 3.86

Main Event & Match of the night: Khoklov & Vengeance bt Faith & Train

Bookers view: A good month for SWF, as they consistently put on good shows. How that Main Event at Master of Puppets worked is beyond me, but work it did...

TCW

A quiet month behind the scenes for TCW also.

Big Event: TCW Total Mayhem XIV (B) Buy Rate: 1.60

Main Event & Match of the Night: Rocky Golden bt Wolf Hawkins to retain TCW World Heavyweight Title

Bookers view: With Tommy Cornell not on the card for Total Mayhem, Rocky Golden finally stepped up and put on a Main Event worthy match to end a TCW PPV.

USPW

USPW extended the contracts of Tyson Baine and Baby Jamie this month.

Big Event: USPW Declaration of Independence! (C+) Buy Rate: 0.73

Main Event: Baine & Bruce by Caulfield & T-Rex

Match of the Night: James Justice bt Giant Redwood

Bookers view: Not great PPV for USPW this month. On a more positive note they extended Tyson Baine’s contract, and he’s an important guy for them.

Good start, Enigma. It's a good roster too - there's obviously a bias towards the smaller wrestler but that's not a bad thing. In fact, compared to the bias towards hulking useless monsters that my feds tend to have it's a fantastic idea :D:p

I always thought a good prize would be to pick a match stipulation. Not participants - just rules. if someone comes up with a Hungarian Nails match then you get the fun of fitting it into your booking too.

:rolleyes:

I have just added a Hungarian Nails match to the jhdVerse. I hope you are happy :D

I always thought a good prize would be to pick a match stipulation. Not participants - just rules. if someone comes up with a Hungarian Nails match then you get the fun of fitting it into your booking too.

:rolleyes:

I actually quite like this idea. It may come back to bite me on the behind, but I'm going to add it to my shortlist of potential prizes :)

Good start, Enigma. It's a good roster too - there's obviously a bias towards the smaller wrestler but that's not a bad thing. In fact, compared to the bias towards hulking useless monsters that my feds tend to have it's a fantastic idea :D:p

I have just added a Hungarian Nails match to the jhdVerse. I hope you are happy :D

Thanks for the kind words :) I always seem to tend towards smaller wrestlers, as I tend to look at a workers performance stats first when hiring. I also tend to struggle to build big workers outside of large popularity based feds, so that probably plays a part as well. :p

I can't even begin to envisage what a 'Hungarian Nails match' may entail...

The jhdverse just got a bit better. Hopefully Sam "Red" Bailey makes it is his signature match to show off his soulless cruelty and determination... ;)

Sorry for the thread-jack Enigma!

MPW presents Birthright

After being named the number one contender at 'Guilty As Charged', Mr Lucha III receives his title shot here at 'Birthright'. Roderick Remus beat the mysterious luchador in questionable circumstances in the semi-finals of the title tournament, but can the champion do it again? Find out, only at Birthright...

Prediction List:

Roger Monteiro vs Raphael

Velocidad vs Shame

Jayson Van Pelt vs Mark Smart

Cal Sanders vs Ant Man

Mr Lucha III vs Roderick Remus © - MPW Championship

Last show confirmed that Monteiro is just a jobber so Raphael gets easy win here.

Velocidad vs Shame

Shame might have gotten a win against Monteiro but Velocidad is too tough for him.

Van Pelt have more going on

Cal Sanders vs Ant Man

Hardest match to predict on this card. Both have done decent job so far and neither guy doesn´t seem to have any storylines right now... I go with Sanders simply because I think that he´s more ready to be close to top even with his lack of entertainment skills.

Mr Lucha III vs Roderick Remus © - MPW Championship

Too early for a title change.

From the Ohio Jewish Center, with 14 people in attendance...

MPW presents Birthright

Announcers:

Remmington Remus and Jamie Atherton

We are welcomed to the show by our announcers Remmington Remus and the self proclaimed ‘best dressed man in pro-wrestling’ Jamie Atherton. Remus spends some time hyping tonights Main Event, where Mr Lucha III will get the chance to take the title from Roderick Remus. Jamie Atherton tells Remmington Remus he should be more supportive of his brother, before announcing that tonights action will kick off with a bang as his friend Raphael is in action.

Raphael then appears from behind the curtain, and he is not alone. A fact noted by the majority of the men in attendance. Jamie Atherton informs us that the woman accompanying Raphael to the ring is Sienna DeVille. Atherton plays up the attractiveness of DeVille, and states that Raphael is the only man, other than himself of course, who could bring such beauty to a dump like the Ohio Jewish Centre. Atherton also comments that nobody else on the MPW roster had the wealth and charisma required to keep a girl like DeVille satisfied.

A fairly one sided match here, as Raphael stayed in control of his opponent throughout. At ringside, Sienna DeVille cheered on her man, but looked slightly put out at having to appear at the Ohio Jewish Centre... and seemed to be looking down her nose at all those in attendance.

Back in the ring, Raphael used his superior technical skills to negate the speed of Monteiro, and could probably have ended this more quickly if he hadn’t taken some time to show off to DeVille. Eventually Raphael hits a new move that Atherton informs us he calls ‘The Inheritance’ (STO), which is enough to pick up the three count.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Raphael defeated Roger Monteiro in 6:53 by pinfall.

Velocidad vs Shame

A fun, high paced match here between two masked wrestlers. The action went back and forth with both men landing a good number of offensive manoeuvres, but in the end Velocidad proved to have too much pace and skill for his opponent. After gaining the initiative in this match, Velocidad was able toi hit the Velocidad Tornado to get the three.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Velocidad defeated Shame in 7:52 by pinfall with a Velocidad Tornado.

Having successfully overcome Raphael in tag team competition, this month Jayson Van Pelt found himself facing Raphael’s underling Mark Smart. Before the match, Remmington Remus comments that he was surprised Raphael hadn’t joined them on commentary as he had done in the past for many of Van Pelt’s previous matches, particularly considering Raphael himself had set up this match. Jamie Atherton mused that Raphael was probably a little pre-occupied elsewhere.

Raphael was probably happy he didn’t show up for this match, as Mark Smart never really threatened to win this one. Jayson Van Pelt looked good here, as he used his speed and energy to keep his opponent off balance. There was never really any doubt as to who would win, and when Van Pelt hit the Axe Kick it merely confirmed the inevitable.

In an awful match that was completely devoid of heat, Jayson Van Pelt defeated Mark Smart in 5:46 by pinfall with an Axe Kick.

Next up, Jamie Atherton leaves his position and calls for Nigel Svensson to join him in the ring. He loudly and exuberantly applauds the Swede all the way to the ring, before hugging Svensson when he arrives. This seems to piss the Swede off... a lot.

Atherton: “Now Nigel, over the past few weeks we’ve been working on turning you into a real pro-wrestler. I’ll admit, it’s been more of a struggle than I envisaged, but this month I’ve got something that will really kick our progress forward.”

Svensson is staring daggers through Atherton by this point.

Atherton: “What I want you to do is cut a promo. It can be on anything you want. You can talk about how great I am, how fashionable I am, how good I look... whatever comes to your mind first.”

With a broad smile Jamie Atherton makes as if to pass Svensson the microphone, before seemingly having second thoughts.

Atherton: “Before we do this I’ll give you a few pointers. First of all, you want to talk directly into the microphone, otherwise people won’t be able to hear you. That’s very important. You also need to enunciate your words, don’t mumble. Also posture is really important. Oh and one more thing, you need to...”

Svensson seems to have had enough of Atherton and lamped him one, sending Atherton crashing to the mat. Atherton jumps back to his feet and slaps Svensson back, but the Swede no sells and stares down the cocky Heel. Atherton begins to beg his innocence, before bailing the ring and being chased all the way to the back by an enraged Svensson.

Rating: E

Cal Sanders vs Ant Man

Cal Sanders came into this match with the intention of using his superior technical skills to ground his much more powerful opponent. Sanders started efficiently, using submission holds and mat skills to keep Ant Man grounded for the opening exchanges. However, as the match went on Ant Man began to gain more and more of a foothold, and eventually was able to use his power to break Sanders holds and gain control of the match.

When Ant Man gained the initiative he really upped the pace of the match, as he hit a series of high-impact slams and lariats. Sanders continued to try and use holds and mat wrestling to slow the match back down, but couldn’t find the same success he had at the beginning of the match. Ant Man was finally able to secure the win when he connected with the Antidote.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Ant-Man defeated Cal Sanders in 7:57 by pinfall with an Antidote.

Mr Lucha III vs Roderick Remus ©

MPW Championship

Following his victory, Ant Man joins Remmington Remus on commentary for the Main Event. Ant Man hypes himself as the Franchise Player of MPW, and claims Mr Lucha was lucky to have caught him off guard last month. Remmington Remus tries to focus attention back to the upcoming match, and discusses his brothers recent change in personality since joining MPW. Remmington states that cheating to win and attacking people with Championship Belts after the bell weren’t the actions of the Roderick Remus he knew. Ant Man comments that the only difference between Roderick Remus now and the brother that Remmington had known growing up with was that the current incarnation is actually successful. He conceded that Roderick Remus had probably never acted this way before, but that was because he had never been a champion before.

Mr Lucha starts the match strongly, taking the match to the champion before he can find his feet. Lucha lands a series of Arm Drags, followed by a Flapjack to stay on top, before snapping off a Hurricanrana which sent the champion to the outside. Lucha performs a Plancha to the outside, before taking a moment to salute a couple of fans. This seems to wind Ant Man up on commentary, who begins yelling at Lucha to stop playing to the crowd so much. Remmington Remus says something to the effect of “Pot. Kettle. Black”, which seems to wind Ant Man up even more.

Lucha and Ant Man argue for a moment, until Roderick Remus regains his feet and swings at Lucha. The luchador is able to duck the blow, before landing a dropkick which sent Roderick Remus sprawling into Ant Man and sending both men to the ground. Lucha quickly grabs Roderick Remus and slides him back into the ring. However, Ant Man is quickly up, and looks to go out Lucha. The referee steps in to try and calm Ant Man down, and in the ring Lucha tells Ant Man to sit back down at the commentary desk. Ant Man is incensed and continues his protestations to the referee, and eventually Mr Lucha III becomes bored and returns his attention to Roderick Remus.

However the champion has recovered during the argument, and Mr Lucha turns right into a vicious low blow from Remus. Seeing this, Ant Man drops his complaints and returns to the commentary desk. This allows the referee to return to the ring just in time to see Remmington Remus lock in the Remus Clutch on his downed opponent to force the submission and retain his title.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Roderick Remus defeated Mr. Lucha III in 8:21 by submission with a Remus Clutch after blatantly cheating. Roderick Remus makes defence number 2 of his MPW Championship title.

Rating: D

Show Rating: D

Archived