Promotion size via editor...

Not sure if there's a chart anywhere or anything like that, but I believe National starts at 76, (all or at least mostly across an area). Cult promotions need to be at least at like 50, (I think), in at least two regions. I'd have to check to be more sure. Also, if a promotion breaks into the 90s in the US, I think that qualifies it for International or Global, thanks to the spillover.

Hope this helps a little.

:o

Not sure if there's a chart anywhere or anything like that, but I believe National starts at 76, (all or at least mostly across an area). Cult promotions need to be at least at like 50, (I think), in at least two regions. I'd have to check to be more sure. Also, if a promotion breaks into the 90s in the US, I think that qualifies it for International or Global, thanks to the spillover.

Hope this helps a little.

:o

I'm thinking you're talking about popularity. Importance is tied to it but a different beast. You can have 70 pop in an area but only have 50ish importance. That's usually due to a more prestigous promotion in or near your area. You'll have to play around with the settings for pop in the editor to find the importance limits.

Try looking in the editor itself. When you're editing a promotion (at the database level), at the bottom of the window is a button called 'Estimated Size'. That will give you the answer you seek, on the fly. As far as general breakpoints:

Small - over 11% importance in one area (meaning 11.1%+)

Regional - over 29% importance in one area (meaning 29.1%+)

Cult - over 41% importance in two regions (meaning 41.1%+)

National - varies by game area. US promotions: over 65% importance (65.1%+) in eight regions of America and a minimum of over 35% importance (35.1%+) throughout the entire country. Japan promotions: over 65% importance over six regions of Japan with a minimum of over 35% importance throughout the entire country.

International: maintain National status and achieve over 41% importance in four regions outside your home country/area.

Like the person above me said, promotion size is based on Importance. Off the top of my head, Global is being national + 53% Importance in five regions outside your home area. International is being national + 41% Importance in three regions outside your home area. National is 65% is most or all of the regions(8 regions in the US, 6 in Japan, across the area everywhere else), Cult is 41% in two regions, Regional is 29% in one region, and Small is 11% in one region - all in your home area only.

You'll have to do the math to figure out what popularity you need to reach those Importance levels. Just multiply the region's importance by the promotion's popularity in that region. So if a promotion has 80 popularity in a region with 90% importance, 80 x .90 = 72 Importance.

I'm thinking you're talking about popularity. Importance is tied to it but a different beast. You can have 70 pop in an area but only have 50ish importance. That's usually due to a more prestigous promotion in or near your area. You'll have to play around with the settings for pop in the editor to find the importance limits.

Ahh, yeah. Sorry about that. Glad some of the more knowledgeable members of the board were able to be more helpful though.

:o:o:o:o:o

Archived