Transfering saves from one laptop to another

I've switched laptops as my old one died out but I found myself facing the problem that in my save game none of the characters had their pictures anymore. This is a real world mod and so I looked up a solution that included changing the name of the picture folder back to what it was before the transfer. I load up the game and some characters have pictures but others can't and I can no longer access pictures from that save file.

Is there a way to get access to images back?

Do the pictures work if you start a new game in the mod?

If yes, then somethings probably wrong with that save itself and I don't know what you can really do about it short of a manual fix.

If not then it sounds like part of the mod broke when you transferred it, but the save itself is probably fine. You could try re-downloading the mod and moving your saved game onto the new version of the mod.

Just as a disclaimer I haven't tried this, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Best guess is that the names of the pictures in the two folders don't quite marry up - one might have BrianKnobs.jpg, the other Brian Knobs.jpg, for example. The names have to be the exact same for the game to pick up on them.

I can only suggest sorting the ones in your fed and any major workers now, and then others as they come up in the game. It's not going to be an easy task, I'm afraid...

Archived