Hall of Fame Class Of 2012

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/TCW/TimothyHawk_jhd.jpg

[Welcome to the Hall of Fame induction ceremony for 2012! Here in the audience, we have such illustrious guests as hall of fame members Bigpapa42, Marcel Fromage, Eisen-verse and many others. Arriving to hand out the awards is none other than the man known as 'The Flying Menace' Timothy Hawk!]

Timothy Hawk

"Good evening everyone and thank you for coming out tonight. The Hall of Fame is all about giving back to those writers who have given us such great pleasure as readers. It is an honor that many aspire to but not all achieve. So now that we are here, let's get to the new entries into the Hall of Fame. And it looks like for the #3 spot, we have a tie. In no particular order, here are the two writers who placed #3 in the voting.."

jhd1 and The Final Countdown!

First of all, I must apologise for the tardiness of my reply to this thread! I've been meaning to do so all week and couldn't quite get the right combination of time and words to get there! One thing I can honestly say and that is that I never expected to be inducted into the 2012 Hall of Fame, especially from such a strong field and alongside a trio of such quality. It's definitely a strange thing to get my head around!

I was very fortunate in my start at GDS. My alts let me interact with some of the greatest writers on the forum, such as Eisen-Verse, Bigpapa42, angeldelayette, Phantom Stranger and NoNeck, very early on in my time here. It was these people that convinced me to have a go at my very first diary (albeit with a fair share of booking advice beforehand! ), and I've not looked back since.

Without all those people inspiring me at the beginning, without the people who've helped along the way (TLLK3, 20LEgend, PeterHilton and more), and without the readers themselves I wouldn't be anywhere near a Hall of Fame. Like NoNeck I am wary that listing names risks excluding someone - the people who have answered questions, have created logos, title belts or made predictions are far too numerous but I hope that you all know who you are.

Although of late I've been less active I fully hope and intend to get back into the diary writing game as soon as I can.

Until then, thanks again everyone!

-jhd1

[speech Placed Here]

Timothy Hawk

"Wow! Two fantastic writers who have definitely contributed greatly to this board as a whole. The Final Countdown is definitely a Godfather of Ring of Honor. He is a writer who innovates and has one of the longest-standing diaries at over 3 years now. Then we have jhd1 who now runs his own universe within the game: the jhdverse. Not to mention the countless number of alt pictures and re-renders he has done to make the game both new and enjoyable once again. Both writers deserving members of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012."

Timothy Hawk

"Now we move on to our second vote-getter. This is one that I cannot say too much about for obvious reasons but he is known as the man of 1000 diaries."

angeldelayette

[speech Placed Here]

Timothy Hawk

"Now, let's move on to the writer who tallied the most votes among his peers. This writer took on a different approach to writing and made it work in so many different ways. He unleashed the Secrets of the Ring and the Phoenix from the ashes. Our number one vote-getter this year is..."

NoNeck!

I wanted to take a second to acknowledge the honor that has been bestowed upon me by the GDS community, a hall of fame induction.

To begin with, the idea that you, the readers, enjoyed my stuff enough over the years to put me alongside some of the finest writers to ever grace our boards is a tremendous feeling.

Making a list of fellow board members that had a hand in my successes would be immediately exclusionary. Just please know that whether you followed my work from project to project, created an alt that helped me re-imagine a character, or wrote your own diary that knowingly or unknowingly influenced mine, I appreciate it; all of it. Every bit of it.

That said, special recognition must be paid to Eidenhoek, who takes a fair share of crapola for being…..well….Eidenhoek. But one of the things that got me the most recognition ever on these boards, the Big Smack Scott segments in my PWC Guest Booker diary, were a joint effort by Eidenhoek and myself. I’d give him a premise, he’d write one version of the angle, I’d write a version, then I’d edit them together, taking the best parts of both for publication.

For one reason or another, we never got around to letting the cat out of the bag. I had planned for Eidenhoek to do his own Big Smack Scott Guest Booker spinoff diary in the same save game I was using, but never got to the right point in the story for it to happen. All I know is, he gets lampooned for being over the top, but a lot of people really loved something he played a major role in creating; a lot more than actually read and comment in his diaries, which is a shame.

I had planned to use this opportunity to announce my retirement from the diary writing game…..

However, I have one more show still in the can in my ACPW diary and think I’m going to post it in the coming days. I had hemmed and hawed about whether it should ever see the light of day, but this HoF honor warrants something special from me in return, I think. And that show is special with a capital "s".

After I get that show posted, we can talk about hanging ‘em up again.

Once more, many, many thanks for voting me into the GDS HOF.

J

Timothy Hawk

"Congratulations to every single vote-getter for their contributions. The voting was very close. Congratulations to the four inductees this year. This is your one shining moment."

[And the curtain goes down on another hall of fame ceremony]

I wanted to take a second to acknowledge the honor that has been bestowed upon me by the GDS community, a hall of fame induction.

To begin with, the idea that you, the readers, enjoyed my stuff enough over the years to put me alongside some of the finest writers to ever grace our boards is a tremendous feeling.

Making a list of fellow board members that had a hand in my successes would be immediately exclusionary. Just please know that whether you followed my work from project to project, created an alt that helped me re-imagine a character, or wrote your own diary that knowingly or unknowingly influenced mine, I appreciate it; all of it. Every bit of it.

That said, special recognition must be paid to Eidenhoek, who takes a fair share of crapola for being…..well….Eidenhoek. But one of the things that got me the most recognition ever on these boards, the Big Smack Scott segments in my PWC Guest Booker diary, were a joint effort by Eidenhoek and myself. I’d give him a premise, he’d write one version of the angle, I’d write a version, then I’d edit them together, taking the best parts of both for publication.

For one reason or another, we never got around to letting the cat out of the bag. I had planned for Eidenhoek to do his own Big Smack Scott Guest Booker spinoff diary in the same save game I was using, but never got to the right point in the story for it to happen. All I know is, he gets lampooned for being over the top, but a lot of people really loved something he played a major role in creating; a lot more than actually read and comment in his diaries, which is a shame.

I had planned to use this opportunity to announce my retirement from the diary writing game…..

However, I have one more show still in the can in my ACPW diary and think I’m going to post it in the coming days. I had hemmed and hawed about whether it should ever see the light of day, but this HoF honor warrants something special from me in return, I think. And that show is special with a capital "s".

After I get that show posted, we can talk about hanging ‘em up again.

Once more, many, many thanks for voting me into the GDS HOF.

J

Congratulations to the four new hall of famers, all of which are well deserved. :)

One day, perhaps I can join the elite, but for now, a big well done to those whose hard work and dedication has entertained and influenced many, including myself.

*coughs* Four new fellow Hall of Famers. jhd1, The Final Countdown, myself and NoNeck.

he ment what he said, now we have to figure out which two he's starting a fued with, with that comment!

(it's wrestling baby, we've got to start the drama some how!)

First of all, I must apologise for the tardiness of my reply to this thread! I've been meaning to do so all week and couldn't quite get the right combination of time and words to get there! One thing I can honestly say and that is that I never expected to be inducted into the 2012 Hall of Fame, especially from such a strong field and alongside a trio of such quality. It's definitely a strange thing to get my head around!

I was very fortunate in my start at GDS. My alts let me interact with some of the greatest writers on the forum, such as Eisen-Verse, Bigpapa42, angeldelayette, Phantom Stranger and NoNeck, very early on in my time here. It was these people that convinced me to have a go at my very first diary (albeit with a fair share of booking advice beforehand! :D ), and I've not looked back since.

Without all those people inspiring me at the beginning, without the people who've helped along the way (TLLK3, 20LEgend, PeterHilton and more), and without the readers themselves I wouldn't be anywhere near a Hall of Fame. Like NoNeck I am wary that listing names risks excluding someone - the people who have answered questions, have created logos, title belts or made predictions are far too numerous but I hope that you all know who you are.

Although of late I've been less active I fully hope and intend to get back into the diary writing game as soon as I can.

Until then, thanks again everyone!

Archived