The League, Season Six (Game Thread)

Sebastian Moore (2-5, 0%) vs. Ian Carlisle (4-3, 12%)

Can't wait to see how that one goes. "The bell rings! Moore falls over unconscious!"

I forget the exact number, but in a match where one of the participants is under a certain threshhold of popularity, all participants gain a 10 point increase to their popularity for that match in order to give the unknown wrestler(s) a fighting chance. So in reality, Moore would have 10 and Carlisle would have 22 when the bell sounds, but my spreadsheet doesn't account for that when posting schedules.

Granted, 10% still isn't a lot, but it does mean that Moore can't be hit with a finisher right off the bat in this match.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LPW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Jack Lightning (2-5, 11%) vs. Benjamin T. Stanton, Jr. (2-5, 7%)

Ly Quang Bao (3-4, 13%) vs. Master Imoka (5-2, 10%)

Psycho Sam (4-3, 18%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (6-1, 17%)

Scott Stevens (4-3, 12%) vs. Diamond (4-3, 24%)

Thor Hammerskald (4-3, 30%) vs. III (4-3, 19%)

The Phoenix (4-3, 28%) vs. Eidenhoek Gaiaspade (2-5, 21%)

Johnny Triumph (3-4, 28%) vs. Tarik Nolan (3-4, 25%)

TRAINING PM DEADLINE: MONDAY, JUNE 25, 2012 AT 8:00 PM EST / TUESDAY, 26 JUNE AT 0000 GMT.

PREDICTIONS DEADLINE: TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2011 AT 8:00 PM EST / WEDNESDAY, 27 JUNE AT 0000 GMT

Also, pages have been updated. Amazing what one can do when their mind is functioning on more than a basic level! :)

How ironic... :p

LPW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Jack Lightning (2-5, 11%) vs. Benjamin T. Stanton, Jr. (2-5, 7%)

Ly Quang Bao (3-4, 13%) vs. Master Imoka (5-2, 10%)

Psycho Sam (4-3, 18%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (6-1, 17%)

Scott Stevens (4-3, 12%) vs. Diamond (4-3, 24%)

Thor Hammerskald (4-3, 30%) vs. III (4-3, 19%)

The Phoenix (4-3, 28%) vs. Eidenhoek Gaiaspade (2-5, 21%)

Johnny Triumph (3-4, 28%) vs. Tarik Nolan (3-4, 25%)

How ironic... :p

Shut up.....! :p

Besides, I figure everyone has been doing this long enough to know what days deadlines are on and extrapolate the dates that way. :cool:

Ian Carlisle hits the Jab Punch

The referee begins the count...

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

3!

Can't wait to see the 'Scorpion's Crown Championship'... so Psycho Sam can take it...:p

Wonders why Jman picked me over the bigger Nuclear... maybe CRG will desert Nuclear and get a savage beating by Psycho Sam...

The Scorpion's Crown Championship is not a single championship but it's more like the J-Crown when Ultimo Dragon had his ten titles.

The version of the Scorpion's Crown Championship if I can pull it off will be...

1. LPW World Championship

2. League Championship

3. League Tag Team Championship

4. League Tournament of Champions Championship

5. LPW Internet Championship

6. LPW Reign Supreme Tournament Championship

7. LPW Tag Team Championship

8. Big Battle Wrestling Heavyweight Regional Champion of the Country

I chose you because I think you can survive Nuclear's early power and beat him.

While I don't know for certain, I'm fairly confident in saying that Nuclear is not only one of the most powerful guys in the League but also is likely to have more stamina than almost everyone else too. That guy hits the gym HARD, there's a reason it's taking him this long to get good at resisting submissions. :p

And that lariat hits hard... has been a long time since anyone has kicked out of that, which makes me very happy. Only making me unhappy so far is Nuclear losing to Scott Stevens for the first time. Will be frustrated if that blemishes an otherwise perfect record but every dog has to have his day I suppose. :p

QUICK EDIT: I just got a mental image of Scott Stevens melting down all the title belts and turning them into a throne, like the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones. Might not be a big throne though, might have to just be a very large belt. :)

While I don't know for certain, I'm fairly confident in saying that Nuclear is not only one of the most powerful guys in the League but also is likely to have more stamina than almost everyone else too. That guy hits the gym HARD, there's a reason it's taking him this long to get good at resisting submissions. :p

And that lariat hits hard... has been a long time since anyone has kicked out of that, which makes me very happy. Only making me unhappy so far is Nuclear losing to Scott Stevens for the first time. Will be frustrated if that blemishes an otherwise perfect record but every dog has to have his day I suppose. :p

Clearly you should come to LPW to fix that blemish.

I forget the exact number, but in a match where one of the participants is under a certain threshhold of popularity, all participants gain a 10 point increase to their popularity for that match in order to give the unknown wrestler(s) a fighting chance. So in reality, Moore would have 10 and Carlisle would have 22 when the bell sounds, but my spreadsheet doesn't account for that when posting schedules.

Granted, 10% still isn't a lot, but it does mean that Moore can't be hit with a finisher right off the bat in this match.

Yeah, I'm aware. I just think it's fun to consider :D

Yeah, I'm aware. I just think it's fun to consider :D

I figured, just thought I'd explain it for those people who don't have the game / haven't done as much with it.

EDIT: Hey, Eidenhoek. I recall you saying you have a "cheese" character you used to win a match in under a minute. Was that under Spot Monkey rules with opponent at 0% popularity? Because now I wonder if :50 can be beaten....

QUICK EDIT: I just got a mental image of Scott Stevens melting down all the title belts and turning them into a throne, like the Iron Throne from Game of Thrones. Might not be a big throne though, might have to just be a very large belt. :)

Just from what I've seen every time I've faced Nuclear he always puts up a large amount of offense and quickly.

If I could describe Scorpion in one word it would be Rocky because he's one of those guys that's not skilled in one particular area but can take a beating and the longer the match goes it favors him most of the time.

Scorpion not only beat him he had him tapping and screaming like a girl. :p

A Throne of Belts?????.....I'll make it so.

Psssh My three dragons and I will take your throne for our own...

Yeah right... little did you know that Sam can turn into a demon and breath fire on your Derek-esque dragons...:D

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground!

That's why Jack is choosing not to play... :p

(He'll be donating the championship to a kitten if he wins it. Bow before Lord Theon Greycat! We Do Not Meow!)

Karl Doggo will not meow to Lord Theon Greycat! :p

Yeah right... little did you know that Sam can turn into a demon and breath fire on your Derek-esque dragons...:D

Karl Doggo will not meow to Lord Theon Greycat! :p

Remember the night is dark and full of terrors and nothing survives the sting of Stannis Von Scorpion.

What have I started here?! One joke and everything goes downhill. :p

Just from what I've seen every time I've faced Nuclear he always puts up a large amount of offense and quickly.

If I could describe Scorpion in one word it would be Rocky because he's one of those guys that's not skilled in one particular area but can take a beating and the longer the match goes it favors him most of the time.

Scorpion not only beat him he had him tapping and screaming like a girl. :p

A Throne of Belts?????.....I'll make it so.

Nuclear's early offense is a result of his power... if you have a higher power stat than your opponent AND enough momentum you can shrug off low level attacks and go on the offense. That's why Nuclear tends to do quite well early on, and it helps that he's got the Adrenaline Rush trait so that he can "Go Nuclear" too. Is a very complimentary build and helps Nukes gain access to some pretty impactful moves.

And he's still getting better too... might even debut some more new moves soon to take advantage of all this training Coach Robert Greene has been putting him through. ;)

How would Scott Stevens feel if the LPW championship was held by a ferocious cat...:p

He would pin the cat for LPW Championship and win it since the cat is not a League contracted superstar Scorpion is eligible to go for the title. :cool:

Archived