I'd expect the historical database to include data through last year and then a separate roster file for starting with rosters going into the 2012 season.

Something like the Olympics is still at least another version out. The multiple league setups will need some time to get more detailed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was curious about the historic leagues. When importing real players from the past how will their athletic ability be determined. It seems relatively easy to translate actual stats to objectively create their skills, but athletic ability seems somewhat subjective. What I mean, will Michael Jordan start out his career as a freak athlete and then progressively become less athletic, and if so did you have to actually sit down and manually decide each players speed,quickness,jumping etc. for every year, or is their some kind of system you worked up to use their stats to judge athletic ability?

From what I remember of the college basketball game when you create players based off of stats on the ratings generator it gave a pretty good indication of there athletic ability. Plus in all honesty this will be the first basketball game Ive seen that will have a full historical leagues in it. Im sure with time and the version after this will be improved upon to create better stats.

Summer league is not currently in the game although it would be an option at some point. The past week has been very slow for development. On the 4th I had to watch one of my pets pass away unexpectedly and I had to go in this week to the dentist for the first time since the late 90s for a root canal with more work needed. While that has slowed me down, needing to pay for it may speed things up :). It never hurts to have a little extra motivation.

Summer league is not currently in the game although it would be an option at some point. The past week has been very slow for development. On the 4th I had to watch one of my pets pass away unexpectedly and I had to go in this week to the dentist for the first time since the late 90s for a root canal with more work needed. While that has slowed me down, needing to pay for it may speed things up :). It never hurts to have a little extra motivation.

Very sorry for your loss, pets are like family and it is awful to lose them.

Ouch with though root canal too, the dentist we go to is old school so we don't get numbed besides novacaine :/

My dentist has done a great job so far. They offer both novacaine and nitrous. Not enough to knock you out but it definitely relaxes you during the process. When they went to start working the dental assistant asked if I wanted the gas too. I asked how much more that would cost and she said $10. I told her I absolutely wanted the gas too in that case. The first root canal is now done other than placing a crown on the tooth. I at least got in before there was a bad infection or anything like that. Just the toothache and the shooting pulses down into my jaw were bad enough. In terms of actual treatment the worst pain was actually when the dental assistant was poking around inspecting my other tooth that is partially broken. She hit a certain spot and I about jumped out of the chair. They don't think that tooth needs a root canal though. I'm going back in for a full exam tomorrow though so who knows. I just know that not feeling what I was feeling last week is worth every penny. Anyone putting off dental work, just remember that it was way cheaper to fix before it starts hurting.

My dentist has done a great job so far. They offer both novacaine and nitrous. Not enough to knock you out but it definitely relaxes you during the process. When they went to start working the dental assistant asked if I wanted the gas too. I asked how much more that would cost and she said $10. I told her I absolutely wanted the gas too in that case. The first root canal is now done other than placing a crown on the tooth. I at least got in before there was a bad infection or anything like that. Just the toothache and the shooting pulses down into my jaw were bad enough. In terms of actual treatment the worst pain was actually when the dental assistant was poking around inspecting my other tooth that is partially broken. She hit a certain spot and I about jumped out of the chair. They don't think that tooth needs a root canal though. I'm going back in for a full exam tomorrow though so who knows. I just know that not feeling what I was feeling last week is worth every penny. Anyone putting off dental work, just remember that it was way cheaper to fix before it starts hurting.

Definitely. Thankfully we get free dental care since my mom works at a dentist :p

• 2 weeks later...
With free agency in full swing, I have a fever and the only prescription is more Fast Break Basketball.

Excellently said! :)

Every evening when my wife and are watching NBA TV we are constantly amazed: "He's going WHERE?? For HOW MUCH!!??" We are looking forward to the new season.

I am waiting for someone to ask if this game will be able to run a space jam-esque league where NBA superstars play against aliens bent on world conquest.

On a side note, if you have time could you make it possible to run a sim league like I just mentioned above.

If someone wanted to play a women's league only, it would be reasonably easy to do using alternate first name files and by adjusting the height modifiers for the player generator. Running it in the same save as the men's leagues would be more difficult.

Thank you!!

Long time no see Brian!

Brian, I'm "Honny118" from the old FBB board. I'm so excited that FBB will be coming back soon and really look forward to contribute by making historical mods (as what I did before!) after knowing that there will be a full season replay system.

Will definitely cast my eyes over here everyday to check with the development progress.

I am new to the sim basketball world, but have been playing Diamond league baseball for years. When will this product be ready, and will it give me the same interaction that DMB does?

Thank you

Information about a release date will come as the beta progresses. Its my (mis)understanding that DMB is more of a replay simulation for past seasons. This game is more of a career simulation where much of the game is based around roster management and setting your team strategy. It will still be possible to coach each game if you want that sort of detail during the season.

Archived