"Creative Has Something For You" Thread

If Jones is a face, set up a feud with a heel by having him get cost the belt by interference during a random defence and more interference during a subsequent attempt at regaining the belt.

If Jones is a heel, you're kinda hosed unless you don't mind having his popularity get siphoned off by giving a young face a push. I mean, you can have him vacate the title, sya its below him and leave it at that, but if you are trying to play the game with a sense of realism that obviously craps on the title in your viewpoint and makes it worthless. Presumably, it gets heat on him though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
End of March 2010 (USPW):

Need a good way to take the TV Title off Andre Jones (now a Main Eventer).

A little background...

He's a founding member of "The Future" with Nicky Champion, Darryl Devine (w/ Seduction), James Hernandez, and Hell's Bouncer. He's had 8 defenses (I think), and 3 high profile matches (non-title).

So, the two options would be to either take the belt off him (and creative ways on how), or make the title a floating title (or do that with the National Title). Are there drawbacks to making a title "float"?

The best way is if he's a heel (hard to tell from that lineup), in which he simply refuses to defend the title on tv, saying he's become a big star and shouldn't have to fight on free television every week (like some TV titles are), so it gets stripped.

If he's a face, he comments that he's had a great run with the belt, but it's time to move on to bigger and better things and give another "Wave of the Future" a shot at the title, so he vacates it.

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to figure how to push Acid. He's only around 70 popularity and he still has no microphone skills (mid 40s), but every show, he's the guy that I throw into the main event to get the good ratings and he just pulled a MOTN at my last PPV by defeating Dark Angel, their 83 being higher than my Remo vs. Frehley 81 ME despite about 40 total points in overness difference. It's pretty clear that I want him to be the guy in the years to come, I'm just not sure how to work the feud that puts him in the spotlight.

I already have Greg "Groucho" Bling playing a giant killer gimmick so I don't want to push Acid that way, but with most of the other high level heels I have being monsters (Tyson Baine, Hell's Bouncer, The Big Problem & Danny Rushmore), I'm not sure what other feud would be exceptionally advantageous. For the record, the other 2 heels I have at Upper Midcard or above that aren't Remo are Aaron Andrews & Antonio Champagne (Champagne Lover).

In the preshow throw him in some angles with high rated mic guys with him being unrated or rated on something he is good in, then he can get the mic boost. As far as story lines, make him a man on a mission to be on top it should get the fans behind him, as the smaller guy wanting to prove himself

I already have Greg "Groucho" Bling playing a giant killer gimmick so I don't want to push Acid that way, but with most of the other high level heels I have being monsters (Tyson Baine, Hell's Bouncer, The Big Problem & Danny Rushmore), I'm not sure what other feud would be exceptionally advantageous. For the record, the other 2 heels I have at Upper Midcard or above that aren't Remo are Aaron Andrews & Antonio Champagne (Champagne Lover).

Plug him in against Lover. Let Lover drive the feud - he cheats to beat Acid to a title shot, maybe, and Acid takes exception, but he shows up and is MYSTERIOUS, or shows up through camera, or whatever, while Lover lectures him, etc, etc.

Acid doesn't cost Lover the title shot directly, but his presence at ringside drives Lover to try something cocky, something on a level with <major Acid spot you picture>. He goes one too far and the champ retains.

The appearances continue. Lover keeps up the verbal abuse - he's got a reason to be pissed now. He keeps talking up Acid's match at the PPV... which turns out, once Acid's in the ring, to be against Rushmore, not Lover. Acid does his best, nearly wins, but then Lover sprays a mouthful of champagne into his mask. Boom, London's Burning, Rushmore wins.

We run another month with Lover trying to move on, Acid being there, not saying much. Set this PPV for a tag match, maybe; Acid and <Andrews' feud rival> vs. Champagne and Andrews. Build it, run it, love it, Andrews or his rival gets the duke on this occasion, honour is not satisfied.

Three months in, you should know if Acid's mic skills are ever going to measure up. If yes, turn the feud into something more direct and blow it off either that PPV or have Acid get a win over Rushmore on PPV first, then beat Lover.

If no, then Acid continues his approach, and the announcers start playing up his in-ring credentials. Acid becomes 'the dark horse' who could take any match. He puts Lover behind him at the next PPV and then faces, say, a mid-tier tag team in a handicap the one after that to cement the idea he can win against the odds just because you can't predict the dark horse, you can't scout the dark horse, and some day you're gonna take a kick to the head and go down.

From there, you run something similar to the Benoit push from late '03/early '04.

Archived