"Creative Has Something For You" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="combinethresher" data-cite="combinethresher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow, there are some awesome ideas in this thread.<p> </p><p> If I may, I'd love some ideas on what to do with El Medico. I really like him for some reason, but I don't know what to do with him, or how to get him even kinda over. Right now I've got him in Seriously Awesome Wrestling, which I'm running as basically a lucha version of Wrestling Society X. Any thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would use him as a supporting face who is able to heal other wrestlers with medi packs:)</p>

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Boltinho" data-cite="Boltinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Play him as a heel who trained as a doctor, got disillusioned and now uses his anatomical knowledge to inflict pain on others. He knows some super-secret facts that means he can apply a terrible submission hold very easily and injure opponents at will.<p> </p><p> He can get beat either by another medical expert with tip to avoid this hold, a big face-monster who feels no pain or just a young kids whose flexibility and youth means he can avoid it.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's how I use him. He's got an undefeatable hold. Of course, he usually loses before he can apply it. But once you're in it, you lose.</p>

Just wondering if any one can help me out here, currently I have Mikey James feuding with Frankie Perez after Perez turned on his partner. Now I know I'm going to have Frankie come out on top in the feud and the start of a push for him, but I'm confused as what to do with Mikey once the feud is over I know I don't want him stuck at the bottom of the card but at the same time I don't want him fight at the top either.

Any help is appreciated.

What about a team-up with RoboCop?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="combinethresher" data-cite="combinethresher" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wow, there are some awesome ideas in this thread.<p> </p><p> If I may, I'd love some ideas on what to do with El Medico. I really like him for some reason, but I don't know what to do with him, or how to get him even kinda over. Right now I've got him in Seriously Awesome Wrestling, which I'm running as basically a lucha version of Wrestling Society X. Any thoughts?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the idea that he's just a wrestling doctor. Just picturing a doctor in a labcoat with a lucha mask is pretty great. He checks on the status of injured wrestlers, is an expert in bizarre wrestling related injuries like "hysterical red mist-related blindness" or treating a referee's chronic fainting spells. After he wins a match he gets out his stethoscope to make sure his opponent's okay. I'm thinking it would be a "gimmicky" gimmick, as I don't think it would work outside of a comic relief midcarder. </p><p> </p><p> Also, on a related note, how about Shawn Stasiak the wrestling chiropractor? </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="serotonin187" data-cite="serotonin187" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just wondering if any one can help me out here, currently I have Mikey James feuding with Frankie Perez after Perez turned on his partner. Now I know I'm going to have Frankie come out on top in the feud and the start of a push for him, but I'm confused as what to do with Mikey once the feud is over I know I don't want him stuck at the bottom of the card but at the same time I don't want him fight at the top either.<p> </p><p> </p><p> Any help is appreciated.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If you want a babyface out of the way for a few months (but still want him to show up), just have him set his sights on something else, whether that's a respectful "challenge" match to a former champion/main eventer with nothing to do, a tournament/girl/title for him to chase, or sign a natural heel who somewhat matches his style as a temporary foil.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MNCyGuy" data-cite="MNCyGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What about a team-up with RoboCop?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Or have a heel explode his boat.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

WWF in February 2003. What should I do with mister John Cena? He debuted in April 2002 and is already a main eventer with 81 popularity in the US. I planned on having him dominate the midcard (as he wasn't a main eventer back then) and then in the summer of 2003 go after Chris Jericho's Intercontinental title and win it somewhere like SummerSlam or something.

But now that he is a main eventer, I need to figure out a mini storyline for him to work up until WrestleMania. He's a heel with the rapper gimmick he used to work with. The trouble is I have trouble finding him anyone he could feud with, who is not involved in a storyline already. I'll throw some sort of a list of potential babyface rivals from SmackDown:

AJ Styles (face, midcard, first thought that popped into my head, maybe something with his lovely manager miss Stacy Keibler?)

Lance Storm (face, midcard, I really don't want him to feud with Storm, but he is a potential option)

Taz (face, upper midcard, I think this feud would have the most potential. I just can't figure out anything that would culminate in only a little over a month to a full-blown feud and match in 'Mania.)

So if the creative team here has any ideas, would love to hear them!

WWF in February 2003. What should I do with mister John Cena? He debuted in April 2002 and is already a main eventer with 81 popularity in the US. I planned on having him dominate the midcard (as he wasn't a main eventer back then) and then in the summer of 2003 go after Chris Jericho's Intercontinental title and win it somewhere like SummerSlam or something.

But now that he is a main eventer, I need to figure out a mini storyline for him to work up until WrestleMania. He's a heel with the rapper gimmick he used to work with. The trouble is I have trouble finding him anyone he could feud with, who is not involved in a storyline already. I'll throw some sort of a list of potential babyface rivals from SmackDown:

AJ Styles (face, midcard, first thought that popped into my head, maybe something with his lovely manager miss Stacy Keibler?)

Lance Storm (face, midcard, I really don't want him to feud with Storm, but he is a potential option)

Taz (face, upper midcard, I think this feud would have the most potential. I just can't figure out anything that would culminate in only a little over a month to a full-blown feud and match in 'Mania.)

So if the creative team here has any ideas, would love to hear them!

Well, I'm definitely in favor of the Taz feud. You don't necessarily need to end it at 'Mania, though. Remember the original WMXIX? With the exceptions of like, Angle and Austin, every match had some form of a return at Backlash. Booker/Haitch became Booker/HBK/Nash vs. Y2J/HHH/Flair, Trish/Jazz/Victoria became Trish/Jazz, etc.

Well, I'm definitely in favor of the Taz feud. You don't necessarily need to end it at 'Mania, though. Remember the original WMXIX? With the exceptions of like, Angle and Austin, every match had some form of a return at Backlash. Booker/Haitch became Booker/HBK/Nash vs. Y2J/HHH/Flair, Trish/Jazz/Victoria became Trish/Jazz, etc.

True, true. I can definitely see a brutal Cena - Taz rematch happening, but I'm still trying to figure out a way to start the feud. They have small beef from November.. Maybe I don't need anything special to continue it to a larger scale. Thanks!

Oh and by the way, a thumbs up for that avatar :p

True, true. I can definitely see a brutal Cena - Taz rematch happening, but I'm still trying to figure out a way to start the feud. They have small beef from November.. Maybe I don't need anything special to continue it to a larger scale. Thanks!

How about doing it where Taz doesn't like Cena because he does not think Cena is tough enough. You know Cena comes out and raps and tries to act like a thug, while Taz is a legit tough guy who is getting offended by this guy who he views as a poser.

To add to what BHK said, have Taz do some promos (This would require some imagination on your part) where he would say that Cena is a joke, this gets Cena hot and there ya go.

I assume that Cena is a heel because you said that he is currently using the rapper gimmick which was the one that he origionally debuted with around that time. The question is though is Taz a face? I assume he is because doing heel heel feuds isnt generally a good idea because match ratings between heels ususally end up bombing.

How about doing it where Taz doesn't like Cena because he does not think Cena is tough enough. You know Cena comes out and raps and tries to act like a thug, while Taz is a legit tough guy who is getting offended by this guy who he views as a poser.

To add to what BHK said, have Taz do some promos (This would require some imagination on your part) where he would say that Cena is a joke, this gets Cena hot and there ya go.

I assume that Cena is a heel because you said that he is currently using the rapper gimmick which was the one that he origionally debuted with around that time. The question is though is Taz a face? I assume he is because doing heel heel feuds isnt generally a good idea because match ratings between heels ususally end up bombing.

This is great, perfect actually. Played out like a movie in my mind instantly! And yeah Cena's a heel, while Taz is a face. Thanks a lot guys! :)

Playing USPW, I brought in a handful of young guys to hunt for tag chemistry and came up with a huge whiff. I don't really wanna fire them, even though they're on PPA, because they're guys I like, but its left me so heel heavy having 7 lower card guys at heel just to grind for tag chem that its bugging me. Of these guys, assuming I don't make any tag teams, what do I do with:

James "Mainstream" Hernandez

Nelson Callum

Davis Wayne Newton

Steven Parker

Matt Hocking

Darryl Devine

Kirk Jameson

I also have Roderick Remus on the roster playing a mysterious face named Ashton LeBlanc but I'm not really sure if I want to go anywhere with him or leave him as a jobber.

Had a bunch of guys like that in my TCW game. Talented. Young. Bland as all holy hell. Ended up firing most, but a few survived solely because I brought in Christian Faith. Faith needed sidekicks, so I put 4 of them under masks as his 'Archangels'. Basically jobbers, but gaining experience. Eventually I'll demask them, when I get individual ideas.

Or, how about putting a bunch of them in a Round Robin tournament? Everyone fights everyone. Winners keeps his job.

Or, rip off NXT. Take some main eventers. Give them a rookie each. Let the rookie develop a personality similar to, or directly opposite of, their pro.

Or, take Davis Wayne, Nelson Callum and Steven Parker. Book them as triplets. Do the Bella twins switcheroo thing.

I have an idea for you, Rayelek. How about you pull the "super genius" bit off of Wile E. Coyote and give it to Matt Hocking? Mix the shades he already wears with some professor clothes and have him trying to double talk circles around everybody. Make him the ultimate case of being too cool for school, Start him off messing with the lower card and have him start having more trouble with the gamesmanship as he scales the roster. Maybe try to confuse guys who are on their way out the door. Guys like Captain USA and Anger don't strike me as people who got to the top by being particularly brainy.

This is great, perfect actually. Played out like a movie in my mind instantly! And yeah Cena's a heel, while Taz is a face. Thanks a lot guys! :)

No problem Flame, glad that you like what I had to say considering I have been looking at this thread for a while and haven't really given a shot to responding to people until I saw your post. I will be interested to hear how it turns out so if you could keep me posted that would be great.

Playing USPW, I brought in a handful of young guys to hunt for tag chemistry and came up with a huge whiff. I don't really wanna fire them, even though they're on PPA, because they're guys I like, but its left me so heel heavy having 7 lower card guys at heel just to grind for tag chem that its bugging me. Of these guys, assuming I don't make any tag teams, what do I do with:

James "Mainstream" Hernandez

Nelson Callum

Davis Wayne Newton

Steven Parker

Matt Hocking

Darryl Devine

Kirk Jameson

I also have Roderick Remus on the roster playing a mysterious face named Ashton LeBlanc but I'm not really sure if I want to go anywhere with him or leave him as a jobber.

It depends on how you book USPW as a whole. If you stay true to the 1980s nostalgia aspect of it you can fire anyone that's under middleweight and focus on what you have left, but if you book it differently then Id suggest just keeping the best of them (DWN, Parker, Hernandez, maybe Devine) to improve the workrate of the undercard (a weak spot for USPWs official roster) and fire the rest of them.

As for Roderick, it depends again on how you book USPW. If you go by the Cornellverse then he really wouldn't make it far there anyway, but if you go by your own rules then look at his skills. If he's justifiably good enough to be semi-important at the expense of another worker who could potentially do better in the same position (which you'd have if you kept the best out of your failed tag acts) , then push him. If not, leave him as enhancement talent.

Playing as MAW, I need some ideas for Jay Chord to keep him away from the title picture (as our current champ is also heel).

He won the 2010 RCI but failed to get the title off of AmPat.

Most faces in MAW are the starter faces. It is now Jul 2010 and I need ideas. Any questions just ask.

Playing as MAW, I need some ideas for Jay Chord to keep him away from the title picture (as our current champ is also heel).

He won the 2010 RCI but failed to get the title off of AmPat.

Most faces in MAW are the starter faces. It is now Jul 2010 and I need ideas. Any questions just ask.

Jay starts going off on one about how this company is going to be his some day, and he doesn't want any chaff making him look bad. Therefore, he's going to start testing people to see if they're worthy of a slot. He starts going after your Faces, easily beating the undercard, resorting to dastardly trickery to beat guys you have a bit more confidence in. Then you find a guy you're willing to let him feud with, and Jay wrestles him and can't just take him out, and bails from the ring or gets himself DQ'd to get away. He then refuses to acknowledge the victory as he wasn't pinned or forced to submit, and the Face keeps chasing him, demanding a rematch, trying to get a clean victory because Chord won't give him any respect otherwise.

Jay starts going off on one about how this company is going to be his some day, and he doesn't want any chaff making him look bad. Therefore, he's going to start testing people to see if they're worthy of a slot. He starts going after your Faces, easily beating the undercard, resorting to dastardly trickery to beat guys you have a bit more confidence in. Then you find a guy you're willing to let him feud with, and Jay wrestles him and can't just take him out, and bails from the ring or gets himself DQ'd to get away. He then refuses to acknowledge the victory as he wasn't pinned or forced to submit, and the Face keeps chasing him, demanding a rematch, trying to get a clean victory because Chord won't give him any respect otherwise.

Love it. Thanks.

I had a great storyline for Jay that I think you could use, if you're not going to go with the above idea. In my MAW game a bit ago, I had a year long storyline where Jay Chord was constantly chasing but could not beat Jared Johnson. You could use whoever in your case. JJ was the champion in this case, and Jay couldn't beat him. Chord finally got the title off of him in a fatal 4way match, but immediately lost it back in a 1 on 1 match because he couldn't beat him. That sort of thing could easily run for a while and intertwine with other feuds if you want to use both guys.

I had a great storyline for Jay that I think you could use, if you're not going to go with the above idea. In my MAW game a bit ago, I had a year long storyline where Jay Chord was constantly chasing but could not beat Jared Johnson. You could use whoever in your case. JJ was the champion in this case, and Jay couldn't beat him. Chord finally got the title off of him in a fatal 4way match, but immediately lost it back in a 1 on 1 match because he couldn't beat him. That sort of thing could easily run for a while and intertwine with other feuds if you want to use both guys.

Jared just debuted and Im slow building him up (He's currently helping Findlay hold onto our midcard title against Knuckles). However when Jared inevitably hits the Main Event this sounds like an awesome storyline.

I have a question for people and I thought that this thread was probably the best one for a question like this.

Anyways, I am doing a save with CGC currently in June 2011 and my popularity is growing at a rapid rate (I am close to being national and I will be by the end of 2011/start of 2012 at the latest) I have only been doing shows in British Columbia (Something that I didn't do in my dynasty) This is only the second time I have ever played as CGC (Outside of the dynasty I did with them a while back).

Anyways my question is this, once I get to national my plan is to try to get a B show and I am wondering what I should call the new show.

Thanks

(Again I wasnt sure where to post this but I thought this was the best thread to do so because it does involve being "creative" in coming up with show names (as I usually am not). So creative what do you have for me?

I have a question for people and I thought that this thread was probably the best one for a question like this.

Anyways, I am doing a save with CGC currently in June 2011 and my popularity is growing at a rapid rate (I am close to being national and I will be by the end of 2011/start of 2012 at the latest) I have only been doing shows in British Columbia (Something that I didn't do in my dynasty) This is only the second time I have ever played as CGC (Outside of the dynasty I did with them a while back).

Anyways my question is this, once I get to national my plan is to try to get a B show and I am wondering what I should call the new show.

Thanks

(Again I wasnt sure where to post this but I thought this was the best thread to do so because it does involve being "creative" in coming up with show names (as I usually am not). So creative what do you have for me?

What is CGC's Main Show called again?

because you could call it Canadian Silver Combat TV or Silver TV or something like that.

CGC's main show is called CGC Title Bout Wrestling

Astil, I took your suggestion as I just hit National in August 2011 (First time I have ever been able to hit national with any company as I believe its the hardest size increase to make) I called the show Canadian Silver Television. Thanks for the suggestion man.

• 4 weeks later...

<p>Curious as to how other people retire their workers. Do you always have them retire as a face? Do you retire them only to bring them back for a match in a couple of years? Do you try to get them injured so that they are permanently retired? Put them in a non wrestling role? Have them fight less skilled workers during the pre-show? Release them from their contract?</p><p> </p><p>

If you can list three different people who you retired in different ways. One scenario I have coming up is a Heel winning the title then losing a Mania and retiring. </p><p> </p><p>

My second retirement retirement situation is for Trish. Mickie James is my current champion and she was penciled to face Lita at Summer Slam it was already advanced booked. I thought of a new idea at the last minute. Lita doesn't show up and then in a couple of months appears on Smackdown. She will then defeat who the Smackdown Divas Champion is by January. Become the first to hold both titles and then retire when she loses to once friend Christy Hemme at Mania. </p><p> </p><p>

Also for Summer Slam Trish will come in to replace Lita. Match will end in a no contest because Beth Phoenix will debut and attack. Trish will then get written off for 6 weeks so I can turn her face. Then I was thinking of having Beth win the title and lose to Trish at Mania and then Trish retires 7 time champ. Only problem is I feel it's too similar to what I'm doing with Lita and also might ruin Beth's momentum.</p><p> </p><p>

The other idea I had was to have Lita and Trish vs. Beth & Victoria at Mania. But would anyone have any ideas how to structure that storyline from now till (August 2006 to March 2007) Mania time. I'd prefer for both to be champion in that match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33809" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>James "Mainstream" Hernandez<p> Nelson Callum</p><p> Davis Wayne Newton</p><p> Steven Parker</p><p> Matt Hocking</p><p> Darryl Devine</p><p> Kirk Jameson</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Probably not the most popular idea, but how about using them as a jobber stable? I personally could never imagine young guys making it in USPW due to the amount of big names and older talent. So how about having Darryl lead these guys in an attempt to "take over," and get rid of the older guys. But when Darryl tries to, he realizes that he's in way over his head. </p><p> </p><p> But don't let Darryl look weak. He should really embrace the whole leadership thing, using the young talent as his pawns. Eventually, you can pick out which 2 or 3 you believe have the most potential, and then form a serious 3 man group from there. I'd probably do Darryl and the tag team of Parker and Hernandez as the core of the group. Basically, have these three guys progress their careers by having them manipulate the other four into hurting themselves and their careers. </p><p> </p><p> In the end, Darryl will come out looking like a dick head tyrant who rises to power by sacrificing some of the industry's best young talent. Meanwhile, Hernandez and Parker get taken along for a somewhat pleasant ride although they're mostly Darryl's cannon fodder. You could either have them remain brainwashed, or have them grow sick of Darryl's empty promises.</p>

Archived