Stables - Stick him (or her) in a stable with a few more over workers, put him in a support role in a lot of 4-6 min long promos/attacks etc...let him tag up with a main event stablemate and get the pin over a couple of mid carders

a real life example would be HHH & Flair in Evolution with a young and more or less unknown Batista & Randy Orton

If you're running an entertainment-heavy product, then angles and storylines are the way to go. Just stick a worker into a storyline with some top stars, put him in a few angles with your most popular workers (even if he's just in background) and watch his overness shoot up.

If you're running a workrate-centric product, then use matches with your most talented workers to build popularity. Again, having those matches feature as part of a hot storyline will be very helpful to maximize gains.

Like JackKnifed says, associating the people you're trying to build up with the top people in your company in any and every way possible is probably the key.

a real life example would be HHH & Flair in Evolution with a young and more or less unknown Batista & Randy Orton

This is the best example of the stable producing stars in the last 10-15 years, quite honestly. This stable MADE Orton and Batista. Orton was a bland babyface character and Batista was a 'Sideshow Bob' type with D-Von. But put them with the biggest heel on the roster and the most legendary heel on the roster (possibly in the business) and look how they turned out.

Another thing to consider is the worker's skills. Think of how John Cena was developed. He, as a midcarder, feuded with the company's biggest stars at the time (Angle, Brock, etc) and held his own for the most part, because of his charisma. Who's John Cena now?

Bottom line is, in order to make someone popular, you have to make the fans care about them. How do you do that? Put them in programs with people the fans already care about (whether as allies or adversaries) and over time, the fans will care about the worker initially because of their association and then, as the character becomes more familiar to them, they start to care about the character him/herself. So the question shouldn't be 'how can I get this worker more overness?', it should really be, "how can I make the fans care enough about this worker to pay to see him/her" since that's the whole point of overness. :)

This is the best example of the stable producing stars in the last 10-15 years, quite honestly. This stable MADE Orton and Batista. Orton was a bland babyface character and Batista was a 'Sideshow Bob' type with D-Von. But put them with the biggest heel on the roster and the most legendary heel on the roster (possibly in the business) and look how they turned out.

Another thing to consider is the worker's skills. Think of how John Cena was developed. He, as a midcarder, feuded with the company's biggest stars at the time (Angle, Brock, etc) and held his own for the most part, because of his charisma. Who's John Cena now?

Bottom line is, in order to make someone popular, you have to make the fans care about them. How do you do that? Put them in programs with people the fans already care about (whether as allies or adversaries) and over time, the fans will care about the worker initially because of their association and then, as the character becomes more familiar to them, they start to care about the character him/herself. So the question shouldn't be 'how can I get this worker more overness?', it should really be, "how can I make the fans care enough about this worker to pay to see him/her" since that's the whole point of overness. :)

I just had to say that was the best way to explain overness! It's so true about making people care about the character. Wish WWE and TNA would remember that more often now days. Thanks.

gazdaman

If it is one worker in general check his gimmick it may not fit the company.

If its in general then put then in high rated segments be an angle or match.

If the guy cant talk on the mic or has no menance then use someone that does to transfer the overness to the guy you want be having him beat them.

If you have a roster filled with nobodys and you want one of them to become someone. Give guys dominate note and win they will gain overness

however if there are other ways for you to go then do it because it will harm

guys personalites. Not all of them but you dont want your future champion to

suddenly become a jerk backstage or you favorite curtain jerker to start to complain either. If your in this situation hire "bob casey type" pretty good performance ratings and a good guy backstage and have him get dominated at every show to build popularity.

Once you get a few guys over it is alot easier to get the rest over.

Carefull come contract time though they will want big time money and may think your no longer "big" enough for them

I was totally struggling too. For 5 years with SWF its like I was a black hole that just sucked. Then I realized... brute style gimmicks. Give someone a brute style gimmick and have them dominate people in 1 minute matches over jobbers. They will get 6 - 12 overness each match! Nothing else matters, just brute, they don't even have to be a good brute.

Archived