How does MMA3 compare to TEW?

I played one of the TEW versions a while back and while I love wrestling I didn't like the forced "micromanage" feel of it.

Just wondering how the MMA game compares if you've played both versions. Downloading MMA3 demo now but figured it couldn't hurt to post the question.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ragin Cajun" data-cite="Ragin Cajun" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="33895" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I played one of the TEW versions a while back and while I love wrestling I didn't like the forced "micromanage" feel of it. <p> </p><p> Just wondering how the MMA game compares if you've played both versions. Downloading MMA3 demo now but figured it couldn't hurt to post the question.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty much the most important difference is that every game is different. It's impossible to play the same game twice. Fighters that were amazing in one game are bad in others... The landscape of the game changes with each passing month. It's great. </p><p> </p><p> You get out of TEW what you put into it. This is a much more straight forward game that does require a lot of planning and tactics but nothing too major.</p>

<p>If you want there is absolutely zero micromanagement required for this game.</p><p> </p><p>

You just have to book the events and book the matches. There are even options to make booking events easier, as it's not that obvious given the amounts of injuries (which can in fact also be reduced; i put them at the highest level for realistic results).</p><p> </p><p>

So all you need to do is book matches and watch them. While i do love micromanagement, sometimes you just want an easier game and watch the game world evolve.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the WMMA3 demo a while back but only recently began playing it. I'm surprised at how much I like it, since I'm not a fan of MMA. I'm a big boxing fan and have never taken MMA seriously.

But I like this game, even though I am still in the process of figuring it out and deciding whether or not to buy it. In my demo game I am playing as SIGMA.

I have been playing Title Bout Championship Boxing for many years, and I am surprised to see that WMMA3 has many features I have been hoping TBCB would add, such as a financial model and injury tracking.

One thing I don't like about WMMA3 is the cartoony look of the fighters.

a lot easier IMO, I always found it annoying in TEW having to have a certain amount of angles. I just wanted to put on matches, and hated picking the winner.

This game is good in that EVERY game is different. A hidden destiny stat can turn some of the worst (well not quite the worst but mediocre) fighters into upset masters, or the next big thing in MMA.

I personally love the unpredictabilty of it. You can book multiple shows in advance and grow attached to fighters, only downside is contracts taking a minute, which really isnt too bad in the default data.

Archived