Online Golf Manager Game

Rob4590

I don't know if anyone might be interested but a new free online golf manager game has just got out of its beta - Golf Manager Live it's called.

If you do want to try it - please use my referral link:

http://en1.golfmanagerlive.com/?MID=1&refid=e31eee87c07b7977db4ba706d2eaab91

If you get to level 10 (which takes somewhere around 2 weeks) then both you and I will get credits to use in game.

If you want any more details feel free to ask me here, or on GML - my username is the same on there.

Golf... manager?

How much is there to manage in golf, exactly? ¬_¬

To give the serious answer re this game: train them, play them in tournaments (while making sure they aren't too tired from training). Build up your club's facilities, buy better equipment - while managing your finances (by winning events, sponsorship etc), take over new golfers etc.

And there are 'real' prizes to earn through the game(eg shirts, watches, IPad) - although not as many as in the Beta when you could earn Amazon vouchers really easily

To give the serious answer re this game: train them, play them in tournaments (while making sure they aren't too tired from training). Build up your club's facilities, buy better equipment - while managing your finances (by winning events, sponsorship etc), take over new golfers etc.

I suppose it's unfair for me to be overly critical without actually trying it, but... golf isn't a team sport, golfers don't have managers, and the fun part of golf is hitting the ball, not accounting. It's like a Pointy Haired Boss said "we need a sports business management sim that hasn't been done before" and someone being snarky suggested golf as a joke.

The success of a sports business management sim depends on how close to reality it is, and how fun it is to watch that sport. Golf is not a spectator sport, and this isn't even remotely like reality.

I don't mean to rag on anyone for liking this, I just don't see the appeal. Still, I'll sign up out of morbid curiosity. I can't promise I'll play to level 10 though.

In case anyone is still interested - I'm now up to level 10 (it's taken less than 6 days)

Got 4 golfers, 2 at 2 Silver, 1 at 1 Silver and 1 at 5 Bronze - a couple of tournament wins, and several 2nds, but mostly training an duelling with the CPU for tokens. Slowly building up the bank and can now scout for better potential golfers for the future (although not found any above 3* potential yet)

Currently ranked 43rd out of about 1000 managers who have signed up this week - so happy with that considering a) I've concentrated more on training than tournaments this week, and b) I haven't spent money on it like some clearly do!

Will update more next week.

Archived