• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed the question above about draft classes. I'll try and describe the available options. You have the automated options of fictional, historical, or FBCB import draft classes. It would also be possible to import from a user created draft file in csv format.

Much of my recent work has gone into finances. In terms of finances and the cap, you can play with a hard(ish) cap, a soft cap only, or full finances has your owner set your max budget. The system for ticket prices works like it did with Season Ticket Basketball. You can set the average ticket price long with the prices for club seats and luxury suites. You'll have the option to build a new arena or to attempt to move to a new city if your proposal fails in your current city.

In the overall process, here is an idea of what needs to be done:

Interaction between leagues

In game league editors

Team exports/Imports

HTML

Engine Balancing

I'm sure there are some steps I'm missing but this should give you a general idea.

Excited for this game! So many great things happening at GDS right now with this and TEW 2013... I might have to buy college basketball. Haven't gotten to try that out!

I have a question on rules. I'm assuming there will be a "commissioner mode". Will we get to set rules like 24 second clock, foul outs at 6, etc..? Things that would impact simulation? Add a 4 point line (kind of joking here, but it would be cool). :)

There is the ability to customize rules by league although I still need to add most of the options. I'd be looking at things like quarters vs halves, time per quarter/half, shot clock, max fouls. Anything that can be customized requires the AI to adjust accordingly though.

That's awesome news! Customization is key for me. :)

Development Journal

When will we be seeing some screenshots of the new game? I don't think that having more then two team trades is a bad idea since basketball isn't like baseball. The only question that I have is how many players can be traded between two teams at one time?

There is the ability to customize rules by league although I still need to add most of the options. I'd be looking at things like quarters vs halves, time per quarter/half, shot clock, max fouls. Anything that can be customized requires the AI to adjust accordingly though.

Great news.

I was also wondering if a team can play in more then one league every season, so that we can create euroleague or somethign like the McDonald Invitation...

Screenshots are waiting on a decision for how much the skin will change if at all. Everything is plugged into the FBCB skin right now.

might get this game, just wondering though if you have or plan on adding NBL of Canada to the game, if no will we be able to add them

It will be possible to add leagues into the game and it is also possible that more leagues could be added by me with each patch.

I was also wondering if a team can play in more then one league every season, so that we can create euroleague or somethign like the McDonald Invitation

Right off the bat probably not. It might be something that could be added in a patch but it just depends how complicated getting the extra leagues to interact properly ends up being.

As a big fan of the original pro game and FBCB, I'm very happy that progress is being made on the new pro version. Multi-team trades would be nice, but if such a feature would add significantly to development time, I'd rather not see it just now.

I'm eager to spend my money on the fruits of Brian's labor, the sooner the better! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Today I finished up the feature that allows you to set the historical database to random debuts. This will make it so you don't know which year certain players are entering the league. Now I'm testing the code that lets you set which years each league are active.

Just how far back could the historical databases go anyway?

Today I finished up the feature that allows you to set the historical database to random debuts. This will make it so you don't know which year certain players are entering the league. Now I'm testing the code that lets you set which years each league are active.

This is huge. I love what you're doing with this game. Keep up the great work.

Man i can't take it anymore!!! The start of the basketball season starts today and I'm so ready to dive into this game when it comes out. Saving my money for this so i don't have to buy the other basketball game on the market. (Not that i have anything against the makers of that game and the game itself)

Archived