Man i can't take it anymore!!! The start of the basketball season starts today and I'm so ready to dive into this game when it comes out. Saving my money for this so i don't have to buy the other basketball game on the market. (Not that i have anything against the makers of that game and the game itself)

The one thing I have learned following the FBB series is that patience is a virtue.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one thing I have learned following the FBB series is that patience is a virtue.

Yeah i know and I'm totally being patient about the game (fantasy basketball to hold me over) I'm just going off the fact that FBCB is such a great game that with this game the sky's the limit!

Progress has been good this week. This is the most productive that I've been able to be in a while. In terms of the previous update, the editors are mostly done and a bunch of work has been done on league interaction. Work has also been done on balancing the engine. That is a never ending process but I'm happy with the the progress that has been made there.

Great, thanks for the update.

I have a question regarding the editor. Are we going to be able to trade players in the editor if we want stay "updated"? Can we trade draft picks in the editor/will there be more than 2 years of draft picks available for trade (that would help a lot for "blockbuster'' trades.

Trading players to stay current would involve editing whichever player file you are using. Right now there is not a way to pre-assign draft picks prior to starting a league but it isn't something that I'm opposed to adding. It is just one of those things that I have to figure out a user friendly way of doing it based on how everything is currently set up. Currently there are 3 years of picks on the game.

Trading players to stay current would involve editing whichever player file you are using. Right now there is not a way to pre-assign draft picks prior to starting a league but it isn't something that I'm opposed to adding. It is just one of those things that I have to figure out a user friendly way of doing it based on how everything is currently set up. Currently there are 3 years of picks on the game.

Alright thank you. The pre-assigning draft picks would be nice, but if you can't get it in, it isn't a gamechanger as long as there an editor where we can manually move them in each individual save.

My goal is to have most of the coding done by the end of the month. Then there would be some sort of beta demo likely made available while I work on the html, online league exports, and help file.

That is very exciting news, I can't wait to try the demo.

Will the new version be playable on Win XP? We have an 8 year old Win XP machine that I currently use to play FBB SE and Fast Break College Basketball 2010 [among other games]. I wasn't planning to buy a new desktop any time soon, although we do have a 1.5 year old Win 7 laptop.

Price is Right.

Hey Brian...love your games, just wondering (and maybe this has already been talked about elsewhere...sorry if it has)...how much the game will be going for. I am not concerned when it is coming out...just making sure i save enough to buy it when it does come out!:)

1) There shouldn't be any issues with XP when compared to FBCB2010. The only possible change in compatibility would involve a couple 3rd Party controls that I'm using this time and they work just fine in XP in my testing. Unless you are running a ton of leagues or something the game requires less memory than the college game as well.

2) Price would be the standard Greydog price of $34.95.

3) Scouting will be relatively basic at this time. There aren't any special instructions to give your scout. This could be expanded in the future.

4) Right now the annual draft is limited to 2 rounds. The 2nd round is already pretty scarce so adding additional rounds wouldn't really benefit gameplay.

5) Screens are pretty similar to FBCB2010....only small changes in spots. I haven't posted any because the beta uses copyrighted stuff that needs to be removed.

Not having the expanded draft in the earlier years sucks, but it isn't anything game breaking. I hope we get a release date/demo date soon because I can't wait to play this game.

Right with you on this. I have been playing the crap out of the College version for the past weeks anticipating this game coming out!!

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vatechfan24" data-cite="Vatechfan24" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34179" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right with you on this. I have been playing the crap out of the College version for the past weeks anticipating this game coming out!!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I have been playing the college game a ton as well, and I don't even like college basketball very much. Can't wait for the pro game.</p>

<p>Unfortunately I don't have the money for the basketball game, so I am hoping for a bundle of the two when this comes out and I will try and pick that up. I'm not a big fan of TEW (I've never really gotten in it to be fair, so I might actually like it) but I love basketball games, so I could definitely see this being like the OOTP of basketball. </p><p> </p><p>

Are there random things that can happen in this game to players to help simulate randomness?</p>

Archived