July 2012 DOTM Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 4 votes to nominate, 1 for each category.

3. All non-Cornellverse diaries (both real world and fantasy) have been combined into a 'Mod' category.

4. You may substitute your C-Verse nomination for a 2nd Mod nomination, or vice versa.

5. In the Monthly Spotlight category, you will single out a specific aspect of a diary that particularly impressed you over the course of the month, be it a match, show, angle, storyline, development of a character, etc.

6. You may not nominate yourself.

7. All nominations must include a reason.

8. Mod & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

9. Rookie DOTM: any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

10. Monthly Spotlight: Minimum requirement of one show during the current month.

11. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self, Phantom Stranger, jhd1, The Final Countdown, angeldelayette and NoNeck.

12. You CAN nominate the winner from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date ( American Pro Wrestling Federation - '77 by bretter_person and 4C: The Story of a Midget and the One-Eyed Booker by Voeltzwagon)

13. You can NOT nominate WAR on the Vegas Strip... by Eisen-verse to Cornellverse DOTM.

14. You can NOT nominate DIASPORA- Takayuki of the Revolution by Tigerkinney to Mod DOTM.

15. You can NOT nominate SWF: Supreme by James Casey or TCW: A Quiet Retirement by Phantom Stranger to the Monthly Spotlight.

16. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

17. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

Mod DOTM Nominees:

Cornellverse DOTM Nominees:

Rookie DOTM Nominees:

Monthly Spotlight Nominees:

• WANG in Paragons Of Wrestling: Bring Me The Head Of Kay Fabe by Phantom Stranger
  • Power To The People in WAR on the Vegas Strip... by Eisen-verse

Nominations will be open until August 1st 2012 (12 pm Pacific Time)

I would like to nominate the following:

Mod Category

WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History! by michgcs

Cornellverse Category

SWF: You Know You Want To Give It One Star a.k.a. the Ballad of Big Smack Scott by BHK1978

Both are well-written diaries by hard workers on this forum. Perhaps both underrated as well.

Cornellverse

Midwest Championship Wrestling - Card Subject to Change by Clabobby

He's done a great job of using the dynasty pre-layout, which makes things nice and clean, but, overall, it's obvious that he looks to his project in an in-depth fashion. What I mean by that is, through presentation and story, Clabbobby does a great job of showing that he's interested in doing MORE than just copy and pasting. Great work!

Rookie

The Men Made of Steel by Voeltzwagon

Honestly, the first thing that pulled me in was the great name of this dynasty. It just rings really well; tells a story without even NEEDING to just in the name. Great work there. The write'ups, again like Clabobby, show that he's interested in doing MORE than just copy and pasting. The show write-ups could be a little longer, then again that's just me, and in some cases some could say that I shouldn't speak as mine are quite long, but, overall, it just looks and feels really well put together. I'd love to see him go a long way with this one; tell the story of the Men made of Steel!

Monthly Spotlight

Generation Supreme's takeover in JamesCasey's "SWF: Generation Supreme" dynasty

JamesCasey is a LEGEND around these parts. That said, I really LOVE to see him getting behind the inspiration of a gradual takeover with Generation Supreme. It's really interesting to see these underdogs, these no namers if you will, attempting to take the reigns of what Faith, Vengeance, Train, etc., have left behind!

I would like to mominate the following diaries:

Rookie: xqwzyt's Murder City Wrestling... Australia's Future. http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515896

CornellVerse: Jingo´s RAW: Children of the Revolution! http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509664

CornellVerse: Charasmatic Enigma´s MPW: Built from scratch (0/0/0/0 C-Verse) http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514353&page=17

All three are diaries that I enjoy reading as all are well-written and highly entertaining to read.

I would like to nominate WANG from Phantom Stranger's Paragons Of Wrestling: Bring Me The Head Of Kay Fabe for the Monthly Spotlight.

I know some people might find WANG hard to swallow, but I don't feel bad for ramming it down people's throats.

You're even more evil than PS himself is in pushing that metaphor right in our face. Hoping we can take it without choking, I'll just second the nomination.

Thank you Eisen-Verse for the nomination! I am soooo happy to hear my work is being noticed!

You're MORE than welcome, Clabobby. You truly deserve the nod as your direction for MAW has been really interesting to follow. :D

Should be up to date.

Not eligible because Generation Supreme won last month's spotlight (tied for first, actually, but still a win.)

My bad. Sorry about that. I must have missed it somehow. Thanks for the heads up though!

Monthly Spotlight

Power To The People in WAR on the Vegas Strip by Eisen-verse! It's always great to get the interaction of the people!

Thank you, Angel! :D

"Uprising: Power to the People" has really been a great experiment thus far!

Mod Nom: I'll throw mine out there to NoNeck's Guest Booker: Shane Allman & PWI because I really like the PWSUX invasion, plus the new characters in the jhdverse make it a really fun read.

[Hopefully it's eligible]

I'll have to do some more reading before I post my C-Verse, Rookie and Monthly Spotlight ones!

Archived