Is there an IRC channel for realtime discussion?

So I've been noticing lately that loads of people join for literally a minute or two, see that I'm the only one there, and immediately leave without saying anything.

Now, glossing over for a moment what that says about me (thanks, guys :p), it also means that the likelihood of any two people being online at the same time is ridiculously small. It's like going to a pub to meet a friend, walking in one door, not seeing him so walking out the other door.

Thus, I have devised a plan: we'll have a scheduled live chat on Sunday, September 2nd at 9pm, UK time.

That's:

4pm Sunday in New York

1pm Sunday in Los Angeles

10pm Sunday in Prague

6am Monday in Sydney (sorry guys! Hopefully we'll still be around when you wake up?)

Nothing official or anything, just an idea to get more than two people in the chat at the same time. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Quakenet is an older IRC server, that is common for alot of online gaming teams/clans/squads/communities.

Freenode is a good place to have chats, as it would lower and most likely eliminate the join/parts in the channel.

I'm familiar with the Freenode network (I use it for work), so I can set something up if everyone is up for it.

Thanks,

Jon

Archived