NOTBPW: 2010 to Wed 1 2012

Due to waning interest (sorry Rickymex) in my MAW diary and complete lack of interest in my SWF diary-which does make me sad-I might as well shut them down. So...pending me forgetting that I did that and pushing forward with them, I'll focus on this diary.

~~~~~

So what is this diary? This diary is going to be a review of everyone under contract to North of the Border Professional Wrestling in my "famous" game that I touted awhile back for having a "bloated" roster. This first post will hold everyone's name alphabetically, developmental after the main roster.

We only consider from January 1, 2010 onward with regards to peoples’ careers. Someone might have done well in a company before that; someone might have done well in a now-defunct company; someone might have done well a couple decades ago. This is good for them, but we only record from 2010 onward. Exception goes to Hall of Immortal progress; we record their current rate.

1. Acid
  2. Adam Matravers
  3. Adrian Garcia
  4. Agent 69
  5. Akahito Miwa
  6. Akima Brave
  7. Alicia Strong
  8. Amazing Fire Fly
  9. American Elemental
  10. Angel de Mexico
  11. Aprendiz Jr
  12. Archie Judge
  13. Akinori Inoguchi
  14. Aristocrat
  15. Art Reed
  16. Ash Campbell
  17. Asiatico
  18. Axxis Jr
  19. Bairei Yasujiro
  20. Barry Kingman
  21. Battle Sakata
  22. Black Eagle
  23. Blonde Bombshell
  24. Blood Raven
  25. Bobby Thomas
  26. Boo Smithson
  27. Brent Hill
  28. Bruce The Giant
  29. Bryan Holmes
  30. Buddy Garner
  31. Buff Martinez
  32. Campeon Jr
  33. Canadian Dragon
  34. Candy Floss
  35. Carl Batch
  36. Champagne Lover
  37. Chance Fortune
  38. Cherry Bomb
  39. Chica de Partido
  40. Chief Two Eagles
  41. Chris Caulfield
  42. Cique Jr
  43. Citizen X
  44. Clark Alexander
  45. Cliff King
  46. Connie Morris
  47. Craig Prince
  48. Crippler Ray Kingman
  49. Cuervo
  50. Dallas McWade
  51. Dan DaLay
  52. Dan Stone Jr.
  53. Daniel Black Francis
  54. Danny Patterson
  55. Dark Angel
  56. Darren Smith
  57. Davis Wayne Newton
  58. Dean Daniels
  59. Dean McWade
  60. Derek Frost
  61. DJ Reason
  62. Dragon Assassin
  63. Dragon Del Arco Iris Jr
  64. Dragon Power
  65. Dread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acid: He started his 2010 career in World Level Wrestling, but we see his second match was for NOTBPW. He continued dual employment through February, where he left WLW and worked solely in Canada. This would continue through March, but in April Acid got signed exclusively to TCW. He would stay there through 2010. Though he came close to beating his time in the North, his loss to Sean McFly, an 83, was his highest rated match of the year.

2011 was a year of TCW. In every way Acid improved over his previous year; a higher average and a higher best match of 86 proved that the enigmatic masked man was set to be a true legend of wrestling. Maybe. Acid defeated Benny Benson in his best match of the year, which came in August.

Looking to 2012, his average remained unchanged. His best match soared to a 98, which might indicate that he shifted allegiances at some point. Furthermore, his win/loss ratio splits the difference between his previous years, as he has a more even balance between the two.

His first match of 2012 was his last with TCW; a decent victory over Teddy Powell was an unassuming end to a solid past year. Once he returned home, (er…well…) Acid formed a team with fellow ex-TCW-er Brent Hill. This led to a solid start for Acid, and as previously mentioned, he would hit his height in a Pay-Per-View loss to Bryan Holmes.

As of Wednesday 1 of June 2012, Acid has 4% movement toward the Hall of Immortals. For titles, he is a single-time NOTBPW Unlimited Action title winner and single-time TCW All Action title winner.

Adam Matravers: Adam started his career in 21CW; he spent all of 2010 in 21CW and did quite well for himself. His average match was a 60, with a highpoint of a 76-rated loss to Kevin Jones near the end of the year.

2011 was a terrible year for Adam. He moved from 21CW to NOTBPW, which lowered both his average match and highest-rated match. Average dropped to a 55, and his height was a 72-rated tag loss on a B-Show. I think. Speaking of losses, he had 77 losses in a row in 2011. No victories. Total losses.

2012 sees Adam sink even lower; we go to a 54 average and a 67-rated loss to Eddie Peak (with Swoop McCarthy in the match) for the NOTBPW Unlimited Action title of a pre-show being his best match. Halfway through the year, roughly, he still is scoreless, with 29 straight losses. A sad story for such an excellent wrestler.

As of Wednesday 1 of June 2012, Adam has no movement toward the Hall of Immortals. He is a single-time 21st Century Tag Team title holder with K’Lee Hawkins.

Adrian Garcia: Called “The Consultant to the Stars,” Garcia is one of the most highly sought after managers in the world. Now just 30 years old, with sky-high momentum, many would say that he has more than filled the shoes of his potential. Even though technically he’s a colour commentator.

I have no idea his course through the years; I can only say he’s with NOTBPW now, hopefully managing someone. I don’t know; that’s the biggest problem with TEW 2010. Can’t see who they manage.

Agent 69: Hells^(the yeah), it’s the hottest-sounding chick to never work for BSC. Zoe Ammis started off as a CGC-dojo grad, which is odd since they don’t have a women’s division. I think we just learned that Alex DeColt wants some o’ dat fine, fine American ass. Actually, give me a second…graduated in 2003, so 9 years ago…she’d be 17. Apparently statutory is different up in Canada ?_?

Zoe started her career as Agent 69 in NOTBPW. She had two victories in February, but things turned downward come April. She lost her next 20 matches, including losses in June and September in AAA. Her best loss was a 67-rated pre-show battle royal, won by Dark Angel. Her average for this year was a 49.

2011 was sparse time for Ammis. She only competed in 6 matches, and only 2 of them in NOTBPW. After her 57-high match at the start of the year, Ammis was soon relegated to development at CWWF. She did form Team Red Blood with Huntress Makiko there, but her match average suffered. 52 was her average over 6 matches, with the aforementioned 57 being a pre-show battle royal loss.

As of Wednesday 1 of June 2012, Zoe has no movement toward the Hall of Immortals. She is a single-time CWWF Tag Team champion, with Huntress Makiko.

Akima Brave: This 30-year old is in the realm of good, but not great, -ness. If he had a few of his twenties left, I’d have great confidence that Akima would become the new Bloodstone, Hayes, DeColt type of worker; if he had years of psychological growth, he could become able to be carried. Unfortunately, it appears he has capped out at 70 psychology, making him a great all-rounder with lackluster performance. He’s a midcarder for life (and a midcarder by push), someone who will have great fun with the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Title.

Half of “The Samoan Wildboyz” with Kid Toma, (and, to note, a perfect team with family member Rhino Umaga as “The Island Boys”) Akima Brave started 2010 with SWF. With no other company did he have tenure this year, and he had a surprisingly good series: 54 average match, with a high of 84. That is the highest he has achieved through the year, in fact, and it was a triple threat that Remo won against Christian Faith and himself that graded that high. Unsurprising, then. He had a 15/25/1 W/L/D record, which for one of the young-ish up-and-comers of the roster, is competent enough.

2011 saw Brave leave SWF in January, going to, apparently, PSW and WLW. A bit confusing that we would not pick him up at such time, but his multi-company months saw middling success. PSW had three chances to use him, and each were gradually-better victories. WLW saw him lose much more often, but a 72-rated loss in a 3-on-3 match highlighted decent ability in a new country. But then, NOTBPW took over. Apparently, we had grown to National size at this point, (or, perhaps, Cult with his brother in tow?) and we took him exclusively. His second and third matches were stellar, an 82 loss as The Island Boys to Can-Am Blondes and an 80 loss Shingekazu title defense. As 55 was his average match over the year, he saw a bit of progress, but did not really climb up the company.

2012 sees another 54/82 year, with the high point being Death Express Incorporated (RAYMOND DIAZ AND WILLIAM HAYES? BAD****ING ASS!) beating The Island Boys. In essence, he is a career tag midcarder. Surprise?

Brave has no progress to the Hall of Immortals at this time, and his titles are a solo PSW National Title victory with one defense.

Alicia Strong: Fufufu, it’s the best female wrestler in the world. **** whatever Japanese woman wins the title; it’s Strong. Or maybe Fuyuko Higa…no, no, it’s Alicia. She has solid popularity and it’s only going to rise in the coming months (lol).

2010 has our fated vixen trapped in the clutches of USPW. She popped an 80 as a high note late December and averaged a 68 over the year-so maybe it wasn’t “clutches” per se. I see a hell of a lot of matches with Belle Bryden, and she only started regularly winning in the latter half of the year; this follows her win/loss record, which was heavily favored in the loss column.

2011 dropped to 58/73 with almost as many wins as she had matches last year. And twice as many losses as wins, so…yeah. She did alright with USPW through August, with a slight slip from last year. I see a title reign in there, so…so it worked decently for her. She jumped to NOTBPW in August (duh), and that hurt her. Her average dropped to 54 with a 68 high, with almost nine times as many losses as victories. Mind you, she is in Canada at this point, but the fact that she’s in a ****-ton of battle royals is as indicative as anything that she had no direction in the company.

2012 saw a resurgence in the effort put forth on the North of the Border females; her average was a 56, but she hit a high of an 81 with a loss to Troy Tornado in March. Although she is almost solely featured on the pre-show, her record improved to finally contain more wins than losses.

With no HoI movement, Alicia Strong is the 2010 Female Wrestler of the Year, 2 USPW Women’s Championships (one reign cut short by moving to NOTBPW), and two NOTBPW Women’s Championships (current holder; 21 defenses since January). I want to note here that Alicia is a disappointment in my booking style; I had all but ignored the division for quite some time, and only…only at some point had I changed the belt to Floating (from Low Level?). It’s been hard not to over-use the women, as the division appears to get the match expectations of the lower card; as such, Alicia has had little opportunity to show off skills that rival the Bloodstone/DeColt tier of worker. She’s actually a bit better than those two, and at 26, with what I see of her growth, she is extremely likely to become one of the best wrestlers in the world. Ogiwara’s still going to be untouchable, I imagine, but…hey, it’s good footsteps for Strong.

Amazing Fire Fly: Oh, you. Lots of hope for the kid, and as I double-check his profile, I note that I apparently have Japanese, English, French, and Spanish speakers on the roster, as everyone is fluent. The European languages, not so much. /shrug

Anyway, this is a guy that I had as a long-term project; he’s got crazily-good aerial skills (actually, it’s the flashiness, really, that’s stellar; his aerial work is…well, aerial wrestlers are crazy-good anyway. Look at Mexico!) but terrible performance skills. Great attitude, great mentor, (****ing GREAT mentor) and young. Put him in development and he should fly to the skies. Forever. Or something; stupid metaphors. Probably shouldn’t be listening to Freebird right now YES GUITAR RIFF IT IS THAT SONG YESSSSSS

2010 consisted of nine matches, twice as many losses as wins. Six of those were on the Mexican Independent scene, and he actually graded higher there than when he got picked up by EXODUS 2010 late in the year. Eugh. 38/41, for what it’s worth.

57/78 for 2011 with 6 wins to 51 losses in 2011. Must have gotten picked up by somebody, right? I think I hadn’t noticed him in other saves until around now, as I really should have picked him up earlier. Regardless, he stayed with Exodus into March and continued his poor form. First show in NOTBPW? 51 loss to Nicolas Lopez. Second? 72 rated loss with Jack Avatar (hello) against Death Comes Knocking (Dread and Bruce the Giant :D). That 78 came in the first week of October, The Can-Am Blondes over Youth Energy and Flaming Flying Panther (Fire Fly and Phenomenal E, aka Red Panther). While I distinctly remember sending him to development, he only had one match for 4C at the end of the year. Weird.

2012 rolls in with his best match to-date: an 83 loss to Johnny Bloodstone in March. Other than that, he averaged a 60 this year thus far, which is…it’s decent, certainly. He’s around 40 popularity in Canada, so he hasn’t really gotten over nor had the opportunity. He’s still terrible in the ring, though the 21-year-old should keep improving his psychology over the years. I hope. Hope. It’s…It’s longer term than I usually play with, I guess, but right now he’s just got a ridiculous top line and camera skills. And physical skills. And charisma. But…not much of merit, to be honest.

His mask has 66%, but he has no titles nor Hall movement.

American Elemental: Dammit. 31 years old and he’s on vacation after being squandered around the midcard. I think.

AmEl had a winning record in January/February 2010 at World Level Wrestling. A 61/70 split on his matches is pretty solid for that company, though I find his competition lacking. Him vs. Dark Eagle, Emerald Angel, Magnum Kobe, any of the top guys, we wouldn’t be talking 70. Which, by the way, was a three-vs.-three match. Flipping back to the whole year, all companies, his average drops to a 59, while the match high?

NINETY-****ING TWO. I walked the dog in the middle of this review and I have plenty to say about AmEl, but being topical here…2010 March AmEl jumps to NOTBPW. His first match is a 20-rated pre-show victory over Insane Machine. Inauspicious start, then. Ah! AmEl went away from WLW, but he wasn’t just with NOTBPW! He also worked for PGHW and WEXXV, the former being far more important for his ratings. It’s the first November tour of PGHW where AmEl hits his stride, going through the rest of the year with a low of a 57, many 60s, some 80s, and the already-noted 92 against Stone Jr.

2011 is 61/83 for AmEl; he has a ton more matches, but most of those are losses. I can confirm that either AmEl had touring contracts or it took us a year to hit National. Rather, November, and International in December. Wait…no, that can’t be, unless I was stupid and didn’t write him asap. /shrug.

Point is he’s only with us in 2011, and he’s got a lot of pre-show work. He hits 50-60 usually, the odd 40 in there, with 70s and 80s coming from matches with the big players. That is, he’s not really getting over in the ring, so he can’t fully contribute to a match’s success. Yet.

2012 only has 30 matches, 64/85 in his ratings. That’s some solid average, there, given that he still isn’t that over. He’s also had some vacations here and there due to lack of use (like a ton in February or something). That 85 is a loss to Jeremy Stone, by the way.

He’s loyal to Barry Kingman. Uh…??? Anyway, 71% mask, no HoI progress, and his titles: one Unlimited Action reign with no defenses for less than a month, and a nearly year-long reign with the Young Lion title that had 8 defenses.

So what’s my issue with him? The guy’s 31, which means he’s in his prime (aside from the crazy case where time decline hits at 30 or something). He’s got workable entertainment, alright star quality, good physical skills (99 stamina), a great top row with crazily good aerial skills, and a performance row to die for. Problem? 80 psychology. That’s too low to carry a match yourself.

However, as we’ll learn, that is high enough to be carried. Put it this way: AmEl’s got a worse look, worse entertainment, and better stamina than Steve DeColt. And a better specialty. Same as Steve. Yet Steve is…you’ll see, and AmEl’s stuck in the lower reaches of the card. Why? No concerted push. That’s stupid on my part; not only do I love the guy, (I do; one of my top…30 or 50 favorites. Ha ha, that low? Wait and see how long this topic goes) BUT HE HAS TALENT! He has a ton of talent! So what if he’s not popular; I HAVE A B-SHOW FOR THAT! I have sooooo many shows each month (21, I believe) that surely I could fit him on most of them for, say, 10 minutes. Done! Now he’s popular, he’s delivering as well as Steve, and he’s got 5-10 years on my main event. He should be the “next generation” of the company; more accurately, he should be this generation’s top guy, with the others just veterans running around. I made a rate my card post and I went through the roster, looking for active guys above…84 psychology, I think. I have a dozen (maybe 20; can’t remember the exact value). THAT’S A DOZEN GUYS THAT CAN CARRY AMEL! And, and, he’s still improving. 79 psych a year ago, but we’re talking 5, 6 points across top row stats, a few in entertainment…I didn’t see him in developmental, but maybe he spent time there.

Point? This is the first of many, many people who I misuse. And I like the guy. ****, stick him with Dark Angel. I now have the main event for every show ever. Best high-flying matches in history (er…second to Elemental/Optimus, that is).

Angel de Mexico: He’s 30 now, which means he should be “at his best.” By that I mean if he can’t main event now, I’m not likely to have high hopes for him in the future. Sorry, kid.

Angel’s still got some growth; for example, his psychology has already popped up a point from the beginning of the month. A…72 wouldn’t be impossible, but it wouldn’t be too helpful either. He’s consistent, good star quality, good stamina, decent entertainment, solid technical, and a nice high-flier. Which means he’s Unlimited Action material and likely nothing else. Sorry, kid. Again.

2010 was a balanced year for the Angel, 52/68 with MPWF the whole year. He never dipped into the 30s with them, which is nice, and I guess that echoes his consistency.

Moving to 2011, MPWF might have grown a bit from last year; I see more shows. He’s 54/64 this year, and he has about twenty more matches, slight weight to losses. PSW Civil War had him beat Little Bill Lebowski in a 36-rated match. Are they my development? Can’t be, as MPWF still has him in December. Maybe that’s the National jump, with International in January?

2012: 56/76, with 29 straight losses. He’s not very popular, so I guess I’m using him to use him: with his lack of talent, (though improving :D) I’m unsurprised. 76 was a BATTLE FREAKING ROYAL WON BY SHOOTER SEAN DEELEY! I know I pushed the kid at some point, but I have to think that match wasn’t stacked with excellence. Especially since this guy was in it.

Titles: With Luchador Original, he was the tag champ in MPWF from 2009 but lost it with no defenses in Week 4 January of 2010. He’s had two of their Trios title reigns with Spanish Superfly/Chess Maniac and Capitao Brasil Jr. and Cique Jr. 70% prestige mask.

So you consider 30 to be the limit point? I can't say I'm too too onboard with that. I mean, someone is still in their prime until they're flagged on time decline, and if they're not past it, then they should be able to improve. Just seems... not harsh, but like you're restricting yourself.

Josh Jones and Remmy Honeyman are 30 in a game I'm running right now, and just starting to hit their stride in terms of skill improvements.

Aprendiz Jr: Eh. 34 year old with no real talent and roughly 54 max psychology. Hence the no talent. I either got him recently or he’s just come from development, as he only has any popularity in Mexico. While I’m here, how was 2010? Terrible; 8 Independent shows.

2011? He got hired by SOTBPW, though still had three independents before that. A 49/74 isn’t too bad, though he did have twice the losses as wins. That 74 was a 3-on-3, and to be honest, he was doing better with them than he did with us in November. He nailed the mid-50s consistently, but didn’t appear to move up.

Our last year of analysis is 54/66, with curiously one win! Oh, it was a post-show 5-on-5. Huh. Well…he’s terrible.

70% Prestige; that’s it as far as “titles” are concerned.

Akinori Inoguchi: The 27-year-old is far from the “reliable midcard presence” he allegedly was pre-2009.

2010 began and ended on the independents, with 7 matches for Exodus 2010 in between. Good for him, I guess.

2011 was worse; aside from two matches for WLW in November, he only had 5 matches on the independents all year.

Finally, 2012 was where his career started (I guess?) Until late February, World Level Wrestling was where Inoguchi laughed and played. It ws bad. Then Hinote Dojo coupled February-March with two matches. Also bad. North of the Border saw him hit 50s and a 64 high, to give him 44/64 for the year. I have no idea why I hired him.

Surprise surprise! No titles!

Aristocrat: 27 years of age, Lord Paul Huntingcrat Aristodon the III is decently over in the States (mid-50s) and minimally over in Canada (33, though Quebec is 40). Looking to 2010, he had 17 wins, 9 losses, 58/80 rating spread. All SWF work, and his best was his first match, a loss to Lobster Warrior. Not bad for a midcarder I predict.

Moving to the next year, 15 wins and 12 losses, with 61/86 his match spread. That’s fantastic for a midcarder, and I would expect a title reign somewhere around now. That 86 was a Squeeky McClean won 30 MAN BATTLE ROYAL. What the…****, man, that’s ridiculous.

2012 moves him to NOTBPW. SWF Nothing To Lose in February was his last match in SWF, a loss to Brandon James. He met that match his second with NOTBPW, a pre-show victory over Amazing Fire Fly. And what were those ratings? 80. 62/80 so far, with 3 wins and 17 losses. It’s not…good, but not that bad considering what he’s been for his career.

Surprisingly he has no titles won in his career (since 2010, remember), which…well, look at his matches? Some really good stuff. He’s got 70 psychology, which…well, midcarder land. Again, not bad, just not chiefly good. Solid other performance skills, decent entertainment, the hell does he have 92 booking?! Anyway, that 70 psychology will likely be…around 73, 74 by year end with his current growth, and it’s possible he could hit 80 in a few years.

Oh, and yes, he’s got great chemistry against Amazing Fire Fly (an 80. HE HAD AN 80 WITH AMAZING FIRE FLY. HOW?!)

Art Reed: Friendly guy, ****-ton of friends, 37-year-old is a great guy. Mid-70s across the USA (86 in Hawaii wtf?), mid-30s in Canada, the guy…apparently has something going on. Looking at his stats…great physical skills, of course, and a nice, if unspectacular, top line. Good technician, and kinda meh entertainment with a solid look. But dat psychology (and 68 selling). A 71? He’s 37! He’s worked in PGHW! HE’S WORKED IN NOTBPW! Hasn’t budged all year, that’s…no. He’s a midcarder, fine midcarder, a stepping stone to the main event, but **** that. Hell no. Huge disappointment, that. Oh, great chemistry with Dark Angel and DWN is probably good. I actually do not know how he works with Acid; they’ve only ever been in battle royals.

Reed had a nice run in 2010; a 67/86 split with twice losses to wins isn’t that bad. Through the first week in May, Reed worked for PGHW. He danced around a 60 that whole time, but in his first match with us, BAM! 80. Pre-show defeat to Dark Angel. Two months later, Steve DeColt beats me, Westybrook, Reed, Jeremy Stone, and Maverick. 82. Three more matches later in the year; one post-show, and two December matches in the 70 range. From September to November (barring one of our shows in October, somehow) Reed worked for BHOTWG, and ****, he killed it. That’s where he got his 86-twice!-and another 82 pair and an 80. Sweet.

So what’s 2011, then? Best of his three years. 3 wins, 84 losses (twice as many matches as last year), 60/92 split. Yeah, a 92. That’s against Dark Angel, right? Nope. I beat him, Deeley, and Stone Jr. Has some upper 80s and a few 70s here and there, but the 60 average is indicative of much of his work; he ran into the mid 50s and 60s for much of the year. Remember that psychology? Yeah.

2012 is a 21 match year with two losses, again still with us (as with 2011). 60/82 with his matches, indicating that the bigger we get, the worse Reed can work. Can’t be carried just yet (and never will, sadly). 82 is a loss to John Maverick on our B-Show (which has a habit of being our best show of the month, amusingly).

No Hall movement, no titles. And he doesn’t…well, he probably does deserve the Unlimited Action or that ilk, but he doesn’t deserve to be in the Hall, really. Can’t carry this side of the match.

Ash Campbell: The twenty-four-year-old mini-Nemesis (aka Minor Annoyance…wait…wait a second. We’ve never seen them together…) is a star, nice stamina, solid non-acting entertainment, unspectacular top row guy. And 48 psychology that hasn’t moved in a year. So pretty much crap. And, oddly, he’s lost some popularity over the year. ??? His career is 11 wins and 46 losses. 47/72 over the 2.5 years. That’s…not much. Something tells me he’s a recent hire…

2010 is the year of PSW, CGC, and a late bid with RIPW. 39/53, and the majority of his career wins.

2011 is apparently a call up from RIPW’s development, sending him into the SWF machine. That’s when he hit the 72 with a loss to Brandon James. Average is a 50, now, which is a significant improvement.

2012 has him switch over to us late April, (thus he’s had…really one month with us) with a 53/69 split on 13 straight losses. He’s been on our Hammerstein II 11 PPV in the pre-show, so…:D?

He has a PSW tag team title reign with Teddy Powell and a RIPW (an RIPW?) tag team championship reign with “Egocentric” partner Citizen X.

Asiatico: 35-year-old 80 psychology with some cooooooool-looking performance skills. And…eh kinda flying. The mid-70 psych and selling is a bit lame, but really…dude’s a solid midcarder. Solidest so far-wait. “Solidest” is a word? The ****?

11 matches in 2010, 8/1/2 record w/d/l. 42/46 average. All independent matches; a few beating Europea, which is…yeah.

Until late May of 2011, Asiatico is still on the independents; amusingly, MPWF takes him back at that point, and until we nab him week 3 of December (meaning that’s near when we hit National, I believe), he does…okay. 44/60 for 30 somewhat-even matches.

So 2012 should be big, right? Not so much. 55/77 with 1 win, 27 losses. The 77 is Shingekazu (Shingen Miyazaki and Hidekazu) beating Acid Hill (guess), Continental Connection (him and Europea) and Youth Energy. His win was a pre-show 5v5.

70% mask prestige with no titles nor hall movement, he could do some Young Lion work or something. Might a well utilize someone as solid as him. He’s like Cique Jr without being a pleasure backstage and even more awesome performance skills. So…not really like him at all. Snap Dragon! That’s who he’s like. Worse selling, though.

Axxis Jr: What a way to end the As. This is going to be a long, long rant at the end, so get ready. Get ****ing ready because I’ve spent a dog walk talking just about him, twice. I’m so…rant. Right. Later. I want to note that I remember a bit of misinformation I had allll those years back: I was under the impression that Axxis Jr is a bad influence backstage. He is not; he’s neutral. Also I have Jay Chord on the roster so what the ****?

Annnd finished the rant, so let’s move to 2010: It’s all South of the Border all year, with a 68/84 split that saw the high point of a loss late December in a 3-on-3. Had a good start with an 80 and 82 first and third, as well. So not that bad for a Mexican Cult company, I’d say.

2011? 57/80, one win, 75 losses. I probably picked him up in here, because those losses outnumber his previous year’s matches (which were more wins than losses, by the way). Checking the score, and yes, in fact, he spent all year here. That 80 was a Bobby Thomas-won battle royal in the pre-show. How those keep scoring decently I don’t know, but this is NOTBPW where it’s mandatory I get an A* show each month (and have for…quite awhile).

2012? 3 wins, 26 losses, and 62/88 on the split. That 88 is a triple threat loss as Sean McFly beat Raymond Diaz and Axxis Jr.

His mask is currently 90% prestige. He has no Hall progress (***ing…) and no titles (GOD ****ING). He cannot team with Bairei Yasujiro, has awful chemistry fighting John Maverick, yet good and great chemistry, respectively, fighting Raymond Diaz and Jack Avatar. Odds are, just to note for a second, that I sent Axxis Jr on vacation for awhile somewhere. I haven’t since the year started, but I think I might have given him a total of two months off (cumulative weeks), so that explains…well, nothing, which I’ll get to right about

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/11/30701541053.jpg

Where should he be in the roster after a year? After a year of multiple TV shows, including a B-show?

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/11/30701552752.jpg

True, that’s 30 point jumps from a year ago (10 in Mexico), but…

Really, let’s think about this. Does he show up in any lists? Yes: he’s the fifth Ring General after Dark Angel, Sean McFly, Dan Stone Jr, and Bryan Holmes.

Don’t I have, I don’t know, John Maverick, Jeremy Stone, Brent Hill, Sam Keith Pistol Pete Hall, and Chris Caulfield on the roster? Yes. And Nate Johnson. And Troy Tornado. Greg Gauge. Steve Flash.

WHY THE **** ARE ALL OF THEM PUSHED HIGHER THAN ****ING AXXIS JR?

Axxis Jr is 34. THIRTY-****ING-FOUR! Of the active wrestlers with at least 86 psychology, how many are, maximum, thirty four? Axxis Jr, El Leon, Greg Gauge, and Troy Tornado.

Leon doesn’t have the chops.

Gauge is 50-60 where it matters, which still admittedly is lower than he should be (though he is 23, so pushing him isn’t a priority).

Tornado…Tornado is the analogue to Axxis Jr. Troy is, now, where Axxis Jr should be. Troy’s done-I won’t spoil much more, but he’s done quite well with us in his short time here.

And Axxis ****ing Jr, the best young ring general on the roster-no, let’s expand that.

Here are the people IN THE WORLD under 35 with at least 85 psychology: Angry Gilmore, Axxis Jr, Eddie Peak, El Leon, Greg Gauge, Joey Minnesota, Matthew Keith, Nate Johnson, PRIDE Koiso, Tommy Cornell, and Troy Tornado. That’s 11 people, 6 of whom work for us. Peak’s won a belt, Leon’s as popular as Gauge (who has won a belt), Nate’s ****ing spectacular, and Troy was where Nate is now a few months ago. Yet Axxis Jr has no titles, worst popularity. WHYYYYYYY?!!?!?!

Seriously, this is stupid. This is stupid. It’s a travesty of the highest order in the company. Gauge is young, so that’s fine. Leon is also somewhat young, but we could at least claim that hey, he’s in the midcard-ish spot, he might have been lost in the shuffle a bit. That will happen with a ****-ton of people. Peak we haven’t had long (can’t be more than a year; haven’t checked yet), and he’s in the middle of a push. And, obviously, he’s popular. Then there’s the two top-tier guys. And Axxis…

He’s been around since 2011. He should be up there with Leon, near there somewhere. I’d settle, maybe, for some 50s. Nope. Aside from Mexico, nope. Apparently I noticed this since the start of 2012, as I note some big growth in popularity, but WHERE THE **** WAS I FOR A ****ING YEAR?

He is IN HIS PRIME! Now is the time he makes his push for the Hall of Immortals before he eventually starts to slow down. Now’s the time I phase out the Sam Keiths and Dark Angels (and Jeremy Stone and Bryan Holmes and Steve DeColt and whoosy**** etc.) of the roster and GET THE CURRENT TALENT UP THERE!

Axxis Jr, Nate Johnson, and Troy Tornado should be part of this generation of great talent. A wrestling “generation” lasts around…five-ish years, around the early-to-mid thirties, where the guys are at their best and should be the focus of the show. Nate? Done. Troy? Done. Axxis? NOPE **** YOU LOGIC I’M GOING TO GO WANK IN THE CORNER WITH A ****ING BARBED WIRE CONDOM!

God.

It’s just…this…leme show you something. Active wrestlers, 88 psych or better. 27 people IN THE WORLD fit that. We run a 32-man tournament, those guys should go round 1. I have 16 of them. How many are under 40? 15 people worldwide; I have 9. 5 are former world champions. Of those left, there’s Gauge, Leon, Marcos Flores, and Axxis Jr. GUESS WHO HAS THE LOWEST POPULARITY BY A ****ING MILE?

How, HOW, do you just ****ing ignore one of the best wrestlers INARGUABLY in the world WHILE HE’S STILL IMPROVING! It appears that 90 psych might be his cap, but he’s gaining flying skills, brawling, technical, PERFORMANCE SKILLS, what the **** do I want? This is ****ing infuriating. This, this right here, even with one of the coolest things I have ever seen in the game, this man, this misuse, is grounds to fire me. Misuse practically anyone else, fine. But to have Axxis Jr for as long as I have, to not get him at least to the popularity of his contemporaries, is ****ing wrong.

So you consider 30 to be the limit point? I can't say I'm too too onboard with that. I mean, someone is still in their prime until they're flagged on time decline, and if they're not past it, then they should be able to improve. Just seems... not harsh, but like you're restricting yourself.

Josh Jones and Remmy Honeyman are 30 in a game I'm running right now, and just starting to hit their stride in terms of skill improvements.

So they hadn't improved that whole time? Oh, no, right, I see what you're saying...

Well, I have plenty of examples of guys improving after 30, (see the post above mine, actually...) but that's partially just a general rule I follow (in that I don't expect guys over thirty to improve, moreso if they've been on the roster a few years) for ease of use and in considering whether or not I'd want to hire someone to a developmental contract (which...admittedly is completely wrong or possibly very right in this save).

As a general statement, I'd expect 30-35 or 29-36 or somewhere in there to be a person's prime, as I'd soon expect them to hit time decline after that period, yet rarely in it. Evidence to the contrary? I've seen guys that were apparently losing their prime at 29-30 (though not actively in a game) and people not on the decline list at 44. Again, not a hard-and-fast rule, but when the time decline list is hogged by the decade-past crowd, it's a decent rule for "this is when I should expect to push a guy" versus "this is when I'd expect the guy to start improving".

Especially when I need a guy in a match. As in, any person, so let's sort by this or that parameter on the fly. Which I did a lot in this save (and still do). And in sorting who I want to push, which I've been soooooo consistent this save (again, see above post).

Edit: To be a bit more clear, this is back when I didn't know that the "News" section on the front page was useful. To find rookies, or guys that I thought had a chance in development, I needed to create search criteria. Under 30 guys with 60+ psychology (or 50-60 or whatever) isn't a bad method of analysis.

Bairei Yasujiro: A 42-year-old time decline high flyer who cannot sell. Uh…what? Bairei’s the kind of guy that really should have holed up in a Regional/Cult promotion and been a steady hand for them. With his 75 psychology, he might be able to be pulled to some great matches, but that’s pushing a guy well beyond his talent who has very little upside; not only is he in time decline, but his only good stat is flying. Which, admittedly, 88/92 is ****ing awesome. And, even better, he improved a little about 11 months ago. So that’s nice.

2010 was Yasujiro’s best year. With a 65/89 split on matches at Burning Hammer, the respected high-flying vet mixed it with some of the best Super Juniors in the world. His highest point was the Week 1 Tiger Tour (Wednesday) of May where he beat Black Cobra. They would team later in the winning side of a 3v3 in 2011, so wtf man you beat Black Cobra.

2011 was Burning Hammer until late June when he defected to us; 59/76 is a much worse split this time around, and the switch to us wasn’t wholly responsible. He had a 76 with us, some 74s, a 70…at this point I don’t think we were Global, so his 7x psychology was far less of a burden, if any. And I might have been pushing him (???). Even looking at his matches with Amazing Fire Fly, the average is 58 with a 76 high. So…yeah. Good trainer.

2012 was a 59/78 year, (loss to Stone Jr and Maverick with AFF, btw) so really, not much to complain about. Sure, he never reached the almost-A territory, but that could have been chemistry or luck or being over in Japan compared to Canada. A midcarder’s career for a career midcarder.

No titles, no Hall of Immortals. Frankly, he doesn’t deserve it. I respect the guy, he’s been a nice partner to Amazing Fire Fly, but…you don’t become successful from respect. He’s a world travelled guy that couldn’t get his performance straight. Sorry, guy, but…you’re a trainer. And admittedly that’s absolutely fine. He can pair up with inferior workers (AFF) and give them a decent lesson in performance skills; once they’ve outgrown the midcard, they can fly away from him. Nice setup. And he’s getting paid, so there’s your “respect.”

Barry Kingman: 37, the best tag team ever, (“Kings of Washing” with Washi Heat-and yes, the best team in actuality is Shingekazu, but give me a minute. Or…Hidekazu is ‘H’, we’re on ‘B’…give me like 59 posts or so? -ish? Oh god I just counted and it’s 91 what the ****) Barry Kingman is a never-was-gonna-be. With 64 psychology at his cap, (he’s bumping 63 occasionally, so yeah) the dude probably should have stuck at Cult or Regional where his all-round talent and exceptional consistency would have been appreciated. Hell, he could easily play a Mean Jean Cattley type, but with less psychology, better selling, worse talking, and better top row. And older. Is Jean on the roster? Heh, of course he is…THE ****? Oh, right, head booker for MAW.

Wait, Kingman? Sure, this was an elaborate ruse on how forgettable and uncharismatic he is. Right. 2010 saw him share time with GCG and us, getting 17 wins, 1 draw, and 56 losses. It’s a lot of work, at least. A 58/81 split is hella-nice, that 81 coming from a loss to GCG’s Toshiharu Hyobanshi. Seriously, Word? Toshiharu’s fine? **** you. Also, Barry Griffin defeated Barry Kingman. Guess what I read?

Lil Crip had a slight drop in 2011. 55/77 match with 72 straight losses. He works only for us at this point, by the way. That 77? Robbie McNamara and Steve DeColt (THE ****?) beat…probably 3 other teams?

2012 is back to form, 57/81 with a 1:7 w:l ratio. The 81 (and an 80) were tag matches; ah, him and Heat have great team chemistry. The story comes together. To be honest, and I’ve used them this way, it looks like they’re a team to make other guys look good before they (the other guys) rise up the card.

No titles or anything. Barry…feels too old, really. With his current stats, he’s an insult to the Crippler name. Probably why he doesn’t use it, of course. If he was 27, hey, maybe he just needs to step it up and he’ll have a great run. But he’s nearing 40, and his psych has stalled. Being the son of one of the best road agents (the best, but tied for it) in the world…again, an insult to the name. Which he isn’t using. He’s…eh? That’s kinda it. He’s not Matty Faith bad, but he’s not really good. An island in the mist or some **** like that.

Battle Sakata: 35, has an Ice Man gimmick rated at 5, actually could be a solid midcarder as per his bio. 70 selling is fine, and the 68 psychology is…midcarder work. Has had some growth there over the past year, but appears to have topped out. Green performance skills are nice, otherwise.

40/48 in 2010 with WEXXV. Moving on.

51/75 with WEXXV in 2011-waaaaait a second. 75? Aha! GCG picked him up (WHY?) in February, giving him a 75-rated loss to Hyobanshi and Makuda (he teamed with…Suzuki?) We stole him in week 2 of August from the Engine, and…did nothing real significant.

2012 is back to his old ways; 55/66 is right on track from late last year.

No titles, unsurprisingly. I suppose I could pair him with Hiroshi Morisue. Meh. Oh, Morisue’s in development with MOSC. Mega spoilers (seriously, since development is after the main roster, and development’s in first-name alphabetical, we’re looking at…hell…maybe 300 names yet?)

Black Eagle: 46% prestige (it’s a NOTBPW-specific mask, apparently, so…???) on the mask, and this 37 year old IS A ****ING MORON WHAT THE **** YOU HAD RAVEN ****ING NIGHTFALL. Raven. Nightfall. You **** that ***** hard, fast, EVERY ****ING DAY. You fly from Japan EVERY NIGHT. EVERY. NIGHT. AND PLOW HER. EVERY. NIGHT. **** you.

“American Optimus” should probably feud with American Elemental. Have they? No. They have lost 44 battle royals in 2.5 years, though. More accurately 1.5 years, but anyway…

67/83 with an even 2010. BHOTWG must like him, as…it’s pretty nice, his work. That 83 was a loss to Marihito Masuko. Had a few title shots.

2011 saw Eagle come over to NOTBPW in the beginning of the year. Oh. His matches drop to 55/76, with 3 wins and 69 losses. One of those being his 76 loss to Bryan Holmes in a battle royal.

2012 is now, yes? Black Eagle is 21 losses straight, 53/71 in ratings. 71’s part of a four-way tag loss.

With no titles and something like 30 popularity, Black Eagle is a bit underused. He’s got the skills to be a big star (I know that from somebody…like 150 names later-ish), but I don’t feel too bad. He’s decent, solid, and probably should be in the All Action scene. But without caring about him, his 30 popularity is understood; I’ve never given him titles or time on the show. And…well, I should. He’s better than most, and he’d be a good opponent (if consistently unsafe ._.) for the young guys.

Archived